Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Does the patch break mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Victoria 2 + All DLC is available for $9.99 right now on Steam.

Most other paradox games are on sale, too. Winter sale!

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Oh god a V2 patch, it's the bestest Christmas ever!

Edit: oh poo poo I can't play it with my Gamersgate copy, weak. Not buying V2 a third time (boxed, GG, Steam) even if it is the best game ever.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 22, 2015

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I wish I enjoyed V2, because then I could be excited too. :smith:

Please make V3 more fun, Paradox.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Takanago posted:

Victoria 2 + All DLC is available for $9.99 right now on Steam.

Most other paradox games are on sale, too. Winter sale!

Doesn't include 'Old Vic' NO SALE.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
My biggest real issue with Victoria 2 is the way EVERY REGIMENT has its own manpower number and place it draws men from. If it all just went into one pool it'd be so much better.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Gort posted:

My biggest real issue with Victoria 2 is the way EVERY REGIMENT has its own manpower number and place it draws men from. If it all just went into one pool it'd be so much better.

Don't troll

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doesn't work with me.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

nothing to seehere posted:

Also: NMM seems to work out of the box with the patch (or at least it isn't crashing for me in my spain game)

NNM has that Total War mechanic, right? I wonder how it'll handle World Wars.

What I'm saying is that you should retake Florida.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Right-clicking 'go to diplomacy' will no longer be interpeted by the game as a desperate desire to crash to desktop.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

VostokProgram posted:

Right-clicking 'go to diplomacy' will no longer be interpeted by the game as a desperate desire to crash to desktop.

Yeah damned Wiz, making Vicky such a casual game. I don't even have to fight the game to keep it running anymore. Completely dreadful development.

junidog
Feb 17, 2004

VostokProgram posted:

drunk changelog best changelog

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It must be great for Wiz to have come in after CK2, he gets to rip on all the old games and talk about how shoddy Pdox coding was in the old days.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Gamersgate Vicky havers, I'm pretty sure you can get steam keys for it off gamersgate.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

quote:

Fascist Siam now called Thailand

Now there's a politically loaded statement!

quote:

Election events are now country-wide, and occur less often (about twice per election).
This is the best change, though, better than the crisis change.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

reignonyourparade posted:

Gamersgate Vicky havers, I'm pretty sure you can get steam keys for it off gamersgate.
You can? I know they moved owners over to Steam for CK2, but I don't remember the same happening for Vicky.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I can hardly imagine V2 without the event spam!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Has anybody done any V2 today since the beta rolled out? I've sputtered along three different starts (USA, USA and Netherlands), and I've noticed Sweden and Russia going to war in the 1830s in all three games. That didn't happen before, did it?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Sweden has a bunch of cores in Finland, so it makes sense that they are doing that. I guess they are not using a decision to abandon those cores and trying for a stronk Sweden.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

Has anybody done any V2 today since the beta rolled out? I've sputtered along three different starts (USA, USA and Netherlands), and I've noticed Sweden and Russia going to war in the 1830s in all three games. That didn't happen before, did it?

Played Greece. Had several wars where, had Russia called me in, could have gotten land out of the Ottomans. Otherwise, nothing happened and I couldn't get a single crisis to happen for me.

Played USCA. Nothing happened after rebels, couldn't get any immigrants.

I've come to accept I don't know how to play this game. :smith:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
But is Sweden winning?

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Ofaloaf posted:

Russia starts with no military in the beta patch, that probably has something to do with it.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

But is Sweden winning?

They lost Norrland and Nordnorge in my Prussia game, and Denmark added a wargoal for Götaland which Russia didn't give them. So no, not really.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Has there been any rumours of a stellaris release date yet?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rumda posted:

Likely a few months after Hearts of Iron 4.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Rumda posted:

Stellaris doesn't actually exist, it's just an elaborate troll by the Paradox devs to make half their forums stroke out from seeing black people in space.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Victoria 2 was probably the last game i bought from a brick and mortar store, and it didn't even come with a steam key.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Guys I just had a thought: can you imagine what it's going to be like when HoI4, Stellaris, and V3 are out and there are four or five Paradox games constantly previewing and releasing expansions?

Rumda posted:

No, it's a pretty long way away and Paradox has learned better.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 23, 2015

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Sindai posted:

Guys I just had a thought: can you imagine what it's going to be like when HoI4, Stellaris, and V3 are out and there are four or five Paradox games constantly previewing and releasing expansions?

No, it's a pretty long way away and Paradox has learned better.

I'll imagine CK2 is nearing it's very end and only has 2 or 3 more DLCs, I'm guessing EU4 will drastically slow down in DLC releases once HoI 4 is out, it'll be pretty hard to keep pumping out DLCs regularly for 4 or so games at once, if you want them to be any good anyway.

Also Stellaris is probably closer than people think, it was already in late alpha when it got annouced in August while HoI 4 got annouced waaaaaay too early and didn't start pumping out weekly DDs until later this year.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

BillBear posted:

Also Stellaris is probably closer than people think, it was already in late alpha when it got annouced in August while HoI 4 got annouced waaaaaay too early and didn't start pumping out weekly DDs until later this year.

Stellaris is probably close, but it's unlikely they'll release two titles on top of each other so there will be a rest period. If the games are done around the same time it's a bit of a tossup of which one they decide to release first though.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Considering its already in internal alpha (we've seen that devs not on the team have played it, and its far enough along you can enjoy it as a game, if not complete) I imagine we'll get it August at the latest.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Rumda posted:

May 10, 2016.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want Stellaris to come out really late because they super took their time and ended up going back to the drawing board on a few mechanics that weren't working out great and addressing everything that came up in their extensive beta testing which they finally let me participate in maybe. When the core gameplay has some flaws no amount of mods or DLC can really fix it. The base game is really the foundation and I really hope we'll get a ridiculously rock solid foundation.

I just hope they take their time and Stellaris on release is amazing. That after a few hours into the game I'm not thinking "this is ok, I'm sure all these balance issues will get fixed in mods and patches, and these interesting but underdeveloped game systems will get more fleshed out in DLC, and in a year or two this will be a fantastic game". Make it fantastic on release then send us into an event horizon style madness over how much more amazing all the DLC will make the game over the years.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Ofaloaf posted:

I have, but I'm playing Russia. I have noticed one odd thing, though: none of my allies have ever agreed to join my wars. Also, got a CTD when the first world war broke out.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

May 10, 2016.

rumor mill.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Autonomous Monster posted:

I have, but I'm playing Russia. I have noticed one odd thing, though: none of my allies have ever agreed to join my wars. Also, got a CTD when the first world war broke out.

I can't get any of my allies to join any wars either. I declared a war as Dai Nam, and my puppet Cambodia actually declined the call. It still got dragged in by the automatic thing that brings all your puppets to war with you, but that should not happen.

Also, I've been having some sphereling trouble in my Two Sicilies game. I sphered the Papal States, but couldn't ally them because they were still allied with France and two Great Power allies is too much, which sounds wrong. I also couldn't get military access from them to save them from rebels, which I'm almost certain is wrong. I only get the -50 base reluctance, no positive modifier for being a sphereling, and for spherelings basically being a step above puppets that can't be right. That was a problem, since they were being taken over by redshirts who would then fire the Expedition of the Thousand, which means that Italy forms under the rule of Sardinia-Piedmont (a secondary power sphered by France, as opposed to me, the Great Power with colonies n' poo poo) and everything goes to hell. Oh well, debug yesmen to the rescue! Except that doesn't work anymore. I can enter it and it shows up in the console as activated, but the AI just does not respond positively. It seems that things are a bit iffy with this patch, as was to be expected.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 23, 2015

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009

BillBear posted:

it'll be pretty hard to keep pumping out DLCs regularly for 4 or so games at once, if you want them to be any good anyway.
Can but hope. I mostly play paradox stuff around the end of the year, but even with the steam sale and free patches it feels like I rebuy each title 1-2 times a year. I buy because I play and want the new features, but there comes a point where you you look at your purchase history and see one actual game hidden amid ten times that value in DLC and you start to wonder if you're not The Whale.

Hey paradox devs when do you switch over to a subscription service? :)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Rumda posted:

February 16, 2016, was the date that Paradox initially put on the steam store page.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I heard March 18th 2016, the same day the new Vic2 dlc comes out.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Victoria 2: Victorian Space Race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Back To 99 posted:

Victoria 2: Victorian Space Race