Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Shut the gently caress up, Apeliminator. You useless piece of trash. Even when the team wins you can't do anything right. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He shattered legs and put a moleman down on the ground. And then he fractured skulls to soften them up for Jimbo.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

hooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
an archer did something what the gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mongo has been consistently useless

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Grats to goatface for nearly quadrupling his money placed on that fight, from 460 to 1711, rocketing himself up to 5th place bettor.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

And I turned my hundred bucks into almost 400! I'M RICH

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I swear to god if I hear any "arrow to knee" jokes ill burn this arena down.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

I swear to god if I hear any "arrow to knee" jokes ill burn this arena down.

I'm sure we'll have plenty of time those jokes after you take one in the fight against Spooky Scary Skeletons. :coal:

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
:catstare:

I call hax. Armor does nothing to stop those arrows?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Godna posted:

:catstare:

I call hax. Armor does nothing to stop those arrows?

They're steel arrows. You'd need at least steel armor to have more than wet cardboard against them.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Endorph posted:

Maybe this will cheer you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9j3heYZAk8

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

jon joe posted:

I'm sure we'll have plenty of time those jokes after you take one in the fight against Spooky Scary Skeletons. :coal:

Bring it on. The Tonic will put you in a *mahogany coffin*. It is inevitable.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So it's going to take me a little bit to edit and post it, so I'm not going to upload to arena challenge just yet, because it would spoil it...

but I just ran The Plump Helmets vs The Petting Zoo and holy poo poo, this is going to be a treat.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

ZeeToo posted:

So it's going to take me a little bit to edit and post it, so I'm not going to upload to arena challenge just yet, because it would spoil it...

but I just ran The Plump Helmets vs The Petting Zoo and holy poo poo, this is going to be a treat.

Guys are getting gelded again!?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh god Antwoman is starting across from Dory. Antwoman doesn't have poo poo that can get through Dory's armor.

I was thinking Antwoman would be against James LargeSausage since he's listed first on the site, but these two fighters are swapped in the macros. Not that Antwoman has anything that could get past James' armor either... Wow my fighter sucks.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

ZeeToo posted:

Goddamn, we lost, didn't we?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

jon joe posted:

They're steel arrows. You'd need at least steel armor to have more than wet cardboard against them.

I see....well at this point it seems that Face is going to be complete and utterly useless...anyone want one slightly used troll?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Oh god Antwoman is starting across from Dory. Antwoman doesn't have poo poo that can get through Dory's armor.

I was thinking Antwoman would be against James LargeSausage since he's listed first on the site, but these two fighters are swapped in the macros. Not that Antwoman has anything that could get past James' armor either... Wow my fighter sucks.

This is what happens when you go through five revisions in about six minutes.

And then settle on daggers for some godawful reason.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
:siren: Round 6, Fight 8 :siren:

The Plump Helmets is on the left side of the arena.
Dory (my dad) is a female minotaur. She wields a copper spear and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
James LargeSausage (Afriscipio) is a male human. He wields an iron halberd and wears a copper cap, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Ramc) is a female elf. She wields a copper mace and a wooden shield and wears leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Return of Panty Thief (Mr. Vile) is a male yeti. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.

The Petting Zoo is on the right side of the arena.
Antwoman (Spermy Smurf) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields an iron large dagger, a copper large dagger, a copper large dagger, and a bronze large dagger and wears a copper mail shirt and copper greaves.
A Lost Cowman (Locomotive breath) is a male minotaur. He is empty handed and wears a silver helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, copper greaves, silver gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Simon Belmole (Ablative) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper scourge and wears a copper cap, a copper mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Stephen Harper (ChickenWing) is a male serpent man. He wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears leather gauntlets and leather high boots.

The Plump Helmets is a 1.30 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 2855.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2193.00 dwarfbucks for The Petting Zoo.

The Plump Helmets take the unusual strategy of bunching up. After a handful of tentative attacks, Dory puts her spear through Cowman's chest. Ribs break. Antwoman tries to stab Dory back, making a bit of a cut on her hand. These are not equal. Belmole makes up the difference by scourging off Josie's weapon hand, then Antwoman stabs her in the heart. That's what you get for your eagerness, Ramc! Josie kicks Antwoman, and the ant's head is injured.

Dory keeps stabbing. Belmole takes it in the foot. James stabs Stephen in the tail. Wrong end, buddy. Still, the serpent falls over. Josie is still game to fight, so she rushes Antwoman, and... somehow bounces off, stunning herself. So, things seem to be going the Plump Helmets' way, all-in-all.

Then Belmole lashes Dory, and her spine breaks and her entire world is pain. That's a problem for them. Luckily, James gamely steps up, and his halberd cuts deep into Belmole's lungs. Antwoman removes Josie's foot. The elf is already mostly harmless.

Panty Thief is still not very into this fight. He's sort of half-heartedly bothering Stephen. Grabbing at fingers, mainly. James rolls his eyes at that behavior, then chops off one of Stephen's hands. Stop that, Panty--don't play with your food. Antwoman continues separating Josie into the fundamental particles of elves; her third limb is removed and she no longer has her shield, either.

It's a good thing your average elfin body contains over twenty gallons of blood under high pressure, or Josie would be in bad shape. Anyway, Panty Thief grabs at Stephen's fang. Break that off and the snake will... never mind, you let go when he broke your hand. Luckily James is here to shred Stephen's lower body.

That's Josie's arm landing on Dory. Antwoman continues doing what she's doing, stabbing Josie in the neck. This time it doesn't sever cleanly. Oh, and now you've missed your chance! Josie bleeds to death as our first casualty, but with only three of five extremities removed.

And now Panty Thief has decided, somewhat unusually, to pick on someone somewhat in his weight class. He punches Belmole's hand and mutilates it, laughs off the scourge in response, and shoves the mole over. From the ground, Belmole strikes at Dory again. Maybe this time he can break her head and kill her. Nope. James stabs Stephen one more time, and the snake is down; next is the killing blow. The Plump Helmets are, surprisingly, still doing okay with half the team incapacitated early.

Now Panty Thief is dueling Antwoman. She's nimbly dodging his huge fists, but his armor isn't even scuffed by her daggers. Finally, though, he grabs her head and slams her roughly down. As soon as she's up, he knocks her further back. Meanwhile, the much-abused Dory finally dies, with Belmole's scourge as executioner.

James is up against Antwoman now. The haft of his halberd is enough to crush one of her arms. A copper dagger falls from the useless appendage.

Now that Dory is out of the picture, Cowman, who had spent some time ineffectively trying to kill her, comes up against James. He grabs the human's teeth, and loses an arm for his trouble.

Wait... is Panty Thief...? He is! He picks Antwoman up by the arm, kicks her as she dangles, then throws her away! The crowd goes wild! He smashes another hand of hers as she's in the air, and she drops another dagger and passes out, right before she slams into...

James.

:doh:

James dominoes into Cowman, who's trying to choke him to death, then hits the floor. Meanwhile, Panty Thief pounds Antwoman's head into her thorax, pulping all of it. That's fatal. And that's what you get for that last fight, Spermy Smurf! Cosmic justice today.

The exhausted and both banged-up James and Cowman are still fighting. Both still have one ally to help them, but Belmole hasn't moved in a long while, and Panty Thief is the least-hurt fighter in contention. Cowman isn't going to have this. He's got a grip on James throat, and he wrings it until the human passes out. Panty Thief is right there, though. He punches Cowman's foot to distract him. It's not enough. James dies, having breathed his last a little too long ago.

Finally, Belmole starts moving again. It's not in time; Panty Thief bites the minotaur in the leg and shakes until Cowman gives into pain. Belmole swings the scourge around, but a bronze breastplate is too adamant a defense. Panty Thief charges at Belmole, knocking him down, then punching his ribs through his lungs. Moles can take that, though. I really don't know how this is going to end.

Panty Thief grabs Belmole's finger, hurls him to the ground, lets him stand up, grabs his ear, throws him with it, scratches his eye out... but if Panty Thief takes a single bad hit, he'll be down. Can this sort of thing actually kill The Petting Zoo?

Belmole is bouncing all over the place from repeated charges and throws. He can't even mount a meaningful defense. Satisfied with his little "puny God" impression, Panty Thief goes to finish off Cowman, unfortunately finding that silver helmets don't dent well. Frustrated, he bends the minotaur's leg in all the wrong ways until it flops freely.

Belmole finally comes up and starts harassing the giant, but for a while he gets nowhere. Eventually, the scourge hits! The injured part is cloven asunder! Good job, you've split Panty Thief's lip. The scourge hits again! The yeti's upper left back teeth go flying.

Here is the tooth, a Z-level up. Then Belmole's scourge breaks Panty Thief's arm. The yeti faints.

Wow, that tooth flew clear free of the arena, and landed beyond the encircling river. Anyway, FIFTY TIMES the molemarian bashes Panty Thief in the head, only to find the bronze impenetrable.

Eventually, Panty Thief stands up, woozy but back in the fight. Belmole catches him in the eyelid. He's back out. Now Cowman gathers his senses and gets back into it. But, uh, somewhere he's grabbed an iron mail shirt, so that's what he's using to fight with now, flapping the chain mail at the yeti. Eventually, Panty Thief wakes up again, and snatches at Belmole's teeth. He loses more teeth and a finger, before simple exhaustion drops him to the floor and he passes out again.

Midnight comes and goes. We are on day two of the fight. Belmole's breathing problems continue to assail him. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't suffocated. On Panty Thief dreams, slowly recuperating as the other two utterly fail to breach his bronze helm. Belmole, too, has suffered from exhaustion.

Sometime that afternoon, Panty Thief awakes again. After a bit of ineffectual grabbing, that iron mail shirt in Cowman's hands breaks the yeti's arm, and he goes out again. Eventually, Cowman passes out from exhaustion for his first time.

We're going to be here forever. Belmole passes out from exhaustion, then eventually wakes up again. The second day concludes. Panty Thief stands up again. Moments later, Belmole passes out completely. Panty Thief keeps at Belmole, biting and throwing and kicking and everything else. Eventually, he kicks Belmole in the head and it breaks apart like an egg.

That's three dead on each team. Panty Thief goes over to Cowman and bites his ear off. Cowman can't even twitch, he's so worn out, and Panty Thief is neither kind nor quick. The fight continues. Now it's Cowman who has the unbeatable headwear, as Panty Thief fails to overcome silver helm time and time again. Time passes. Tiny nicks accrue on Cowman, along with the occasional joint lock. Eventually, Panty Thief faints from exhaustion. It's gotta be close to the start of day 4.

But now it's over. One contestant has bled to death. It was Cowman.

Final Score
The Plump Helmets: 4
The Petting Zoo: 3

Kills
Return of Panty Thief: 3
James LargeSausage: 1
Antwoman: 1
Simon Belmole: 1
A Lost Cowman: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ablative posted:

This is what happens when you go through five revisions in about six minutes.

And then settle on daggers for some godawful reason.

In my defense I was pretty drunk.

Edit: gently caress. At least I still have the most kills on the team...

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 23, 2015

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Hahaha, amazing.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
With that hilarious half-a-week win, the Plump Helmets are the most impressively even team, 20 kills on the board and all their gladiators within 2 kills of each other. Meanwhile, every single one of the Petting Zoo gets a kill... except for their useless unblooded. Shame, shame!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hope they brought enough water to stave off dehydration out in the stands

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
New pro strat: Take a nap while your enemies exhaust themselves failing to hurt you, then wake up and

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:black101::black101::black101:BLOOD:black101::black101::black101:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Godna posted:

I see....well at this point it seems that Face is going to be complete and utterly useless...anyone want one slightly used troll?

If you're saying you don't want to support your fighter anymore, I've been waiting for this day since forever. :sun:

Also trolls rule.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I spent 100 points on connecting my gladiator's heart to a dimension of pure pressurized blood.

Panty Thief you are a hero.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Panty Thief posted:

Dear Diary,

Today I had a delightful nap!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

my dad posted:

New pro strat: Take a nap while your enemies exhaust themselves failing to hurt you, then wake up and

I want to emphasize he did exactly that:

quote:

Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) grabs Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo) by the left ear with his right upper arm!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) throws Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo) by the left ear with Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets)'s right upper arm!
Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo) slams into an obstacle!
Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo) stands up.
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) punches Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo) in the upper body with his left hand, bruising the muscle, bruising the left true ribs through the large copper mail shirt!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) takes Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo) down by the left ear with Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets)'s right upper arm!
Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo) stands up.
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) releases the grip of Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets)'s right upper arm on Simon Belmole (Petting Zoo)'s left ear.

Belmole is thrown around and taken to the ground without Panty Thief actually letting go of that ear.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I'm pleased to see that this tournament finally features a Yeti that is actually kind of a badass, instead of just being another giant woolly punching bag like all the Yetis that came before. :unsmith:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, at least Cowman killed another person. That's something! Though, looking back, perhaps it would have been better to give him an actual weapon back at the start of this tournament. Perhaps.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Locomotive breath posted:

Well, at least Cowman killed another person. That's something! Though, looking back, perhaps it would have been better to give him an actual weapon back at the start of this tournament. Perhaps.

Want one of my daggers? I'm not doing poo poo with them.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Want one of my daggers? I'm not doing poo poo with them.

Tradition dictates donating it at high speed pointy end first repeatedly.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Locomotive breath posted:

He had a weapon in that match! Which he probably pulled off of James LargeSausage's torso.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

"Wait, what?" posted:

A Lost Cowman (Petting Zoo) punches Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) in the left hand, but the attack passes right through!

Also he might be ethereal.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Ramc posted:

Also he might be ethereal.

:psyduck: I didn't even notice that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Ramc posted: