Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Gat's a cool dude, but I draw the line at implying he's cooler than the superpowered President of the United Saints. :colbert:

Although it does suck how little being the President matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Byzantine posted:

Although it does suck how little being the President matters.

Boss Tried

Earth Died

Fuckin' Zinyak.

Seriously though the Boss seems like she was a decent chief executive from the three minutes we got to see.

... That makes for some extra sad commentary on the real-world United States, doesn't it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Boss Tried

Earth Died

Fuckin' Zinyak.

Seriously though the Boss seems like she was a decent chief executive from the three minutes we got to see.

... That makes for some extra sad commentary on the real-world United States, doesn't it.

Wasn't he detailed as immensely unpopular, with Ben King being the only reason anything got done?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Did anyone ever not pick "gently caress Cancer"?

Because seriously, gently caress cancer

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Despite my rancor for SR2

This is a garbage opinion for failures.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is a garbage opinion for failures.

I also never got into New Vegas :twisted: I am a horrible monster forsaken by God

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Eliminating cancer requires revolutionizing the very core of human biology. Solving world hunger is no scientific challenge, but would require a monumental elimination of all human corruption and inefficiency. Either is equally impossible.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I liked Johnny Gat in the first 3 and GooH. IV kinda laid it on thick about with the whole "johnny gat is the greatest human being alive and basically jesus" thing.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
It did give the line "Earth's most puissant warrior", though, so you know, little bit of column A, little bit of column B.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I figured the world hunger thing would benefit more people and eventually cancer would get cured anyway.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Really over the course of the game you eliminate both.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Speaking of GoOH, I just picked up the PC version thanks to Steam Sales, and am hoping there's a way to make flying a bit 'easier'. It feels a little off to me at default, and I'm wondering if that's just an issue I'll have to deal with, or if there's some way to tweak it to make it feel more natural.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Magil of Shadow posted:

Speaking of GoOH, I just picked up the PC version thanks to Steam Sales, and am hoping there's a way to make flying a bit 'easier'. It feels a little off to me at default, and I'm wondering if that's just an issue I'll have to deal with, or if there's some way to tweak it to make it feel more natural.

I dunno. It feels great to me even at the start. I did have to turn off the up-down invert or I can't fly at all. Maybe that's your problem.

Speaking of which, I just reinstalled it and started a fresh game and flying around collecting fragments is way more fun than it has any right to be. It's a fantastic mechanic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Magil of Shadow posted:

I want to say there's eventually a way to make it easier, but it's been a while since I played it. I remember the flying being pretty satisfying though

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Macaluso posted:

I want to say there's eventually a way to make it easier, but it's been a while since I played it. I remember the flying being pretty satisfying though

It does become easier when you get additional boosts - at least easier to get back where you need to be if you screw up.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Megazver posted:

I dunno. It feels great to me even at the start. I did have to turn off the up-down invert or I can't fly at all. Maybe that's your problem.

Speaking of which, I just reinstalled it and started a fresh game and flying around collecting fragments is way more fun than it has any right to be. It's a fantastic mechanic.

I'll give that a try, as that legit seems to be my issue.

Macaluso posted:

I figured as such. Probably the other problem is that I'm coming off of a SRIV run, so I'm used to having infinite stamina and all that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Instant Sunrise posted:

I liked Johnny Gat in the first 3 and GooH. IV kinda laid it on thick about with the whole "johnny gat is the greatest human being alive and basically jesus" thing.

The main thing I remember about Gat in SR3 (other than his death) is the really dumb line about "trading our dicks for pussies", which would be bad enough if he was only talking to men, but he says it to the boss and Shaundi. :stare:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Tiggum posted:

The main thing I remember about Gat in SR3 (other than his death) is the really dumb line about "trading our dicks for pussies", which would be bad enough if he was only talking to men, but he says it to the boss and Shaundi. :stare:

And then basically everything about Zimos. Yikes.

We were so naive in 2011.

Saint Freak posted:

Really over the course of the game you eliminate both.

Posted from Microsoft Edge

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Zimos is one SR3 character I'm really glad was killed off.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Zimos is one SR3 character I'm really glad was killed off.

Come on seriously? He was way better than Oleg.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

quote:

z-z-zimos
:qqsay:

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Zimos was cool and the autotune cane gimmick was extremely funny to me at the time.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 24, 2015

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Fargin Icehole posted:

Zimos was cool and the autotune cane gimmick was extremely funny to me at the time.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
man I hope Saints Row V abandons the whole gun violence gimmick and replaces it with tag, or even better, no-score soccer

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so what has Volition's main team been doing for like two years now? Gat Out Of Hell was mostly done by another developer I think

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

They said the the Saints Row story is pretty much done, so probably been working on another IP.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oleg suffered from the same problem as most of the other characters in that there wasn't enough for him to do so he didn't really make an impact. But no impact is better than being annoying and unpleasant.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

A lot of the characters in 3 didn't get enough time to be likeable.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Both were still better than Gat. :smug:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Megazver posted:

Both were still better than Gat. :smug:

Is this what it feels like ... to be trolled

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering Gat was dead, they were still not even that great. :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 24, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: DP

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

gently caress you say?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

codenameFANGIO posted:

Is this what it feels like ... to be trolled

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

so what has Volition's main team been doing for like two years now? Gat Out Of Hell was mostly done by another developer I think

They're still hiring people. My only guess is they've decided to devote their resources to gently caress cancer in real life.

Otherwise I think they secretly built Freespace 3 and just spend all day playing that internally since they can't legally release it until that one last Interplay IP holder dies or needs to sell off the rights to support his crack habit.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I liked the autotune but aside from that I thought Zimos was an oily bastard.

I'm on Team Pierce myself.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fabulousity posted:

They're still hiring people. My only guess is they've decided to devote their resources to gently caress cancer in real life.

Otherwise I think they secretly built Freespace 3 and just spend all day playing that internally since they can't legally release it until that one last Interplay IP holder dies or needs to sell off the rights to support his crack habit.

I think some of the Star Citizen faithful would explode if someone actually made FS3 or a spiritual successor to it at this point.

We can dream, right?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

orcane posted:

I think some of the Star Citizen faithful would explode if someone actually made FS3 or a spiritual successor to it at this point.

We can dream, right?

They just combine franchises and reveal that the Freespace universe was just an offshoot of the Saints' future military projects.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Crappy Jack posted:

They just combine franchises and reveal that the Freespace universe was just an offshoot of the Saints' future military projects.

The Saints chase/scare/become board members and force Ultor out to Mars, various Space Assholes on Mars then eventually bust up Ultor into Triton Dynamics/Han-Ronald Corp/Dynamic Metamer/PTMC, poof: stage set for Descent and Freespace.

orcane posted:

We can dream, right?

If Freespace 3 were to become a thing I would hope there would be a recurring background gag about the rise and unsurprising fall of a crowd sourced project called Star Plebian. Bonus points if Vasudans make an occasional cat race or air horn joke.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

How's Earth still around for Clawz to take over, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Byzantine posted:

How's Earth still around for Clawz to take over, anyway.

Ending 4 in Gat Out Of Hell is the canonical one

• Locked thread