Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Did the last few patches remove the notification for killing the assassin rat, or is there a problem on my end? Unless there's a quip from one of the characters about the gutter runner being dead, it's hard to tell if he's still lurking around. The death-animation shows them exploding into a fine mist, but that's not always easy to catch in the heat of battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Metrohunter posted:

I think the crosshair grows an extra pair of legs if you get a headshot. Like, it gets two extra notches on it when you hit something, and then another two on top of that if you scored a headshot.
Handguns and crossbows will drop stormvermin with a single headshot regardless of weapon quality/difficulty. Maybe not a white handgun on cataclysm mode but I'm not mad enough to try that one. Longbows require at least two good headshots

Gasrats are probably the hardest to reliably headshot because a) they really love to shuffle, 2) their hitbox is really weird. But I think an orange handgun (and maybe crossbow?) oneshots them even on a body shot on Nightmare

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

ElectricWizard posted:

Did the last few patches remove the notification for killing the assassin rat, or is there a problem on my end? Unless there's a quip from one of the characters about the gutter runner being dead, it's hard to tell if he's still lurking around. The death-animation shows them exploding into a fine mist, but that's not always easy to catch in the heat of battle.
I've noticed some inconsistencies too, it's been recent though. Like you I keep searching for them until someone calls out the kill line.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

ElectricWizard posted:

I'm having trouble with the gutter runner notification, too. Sometimes I'll get the message, sometimes I won't. Team mates on mumble will say they see the message when I don't, so whatever is happening it isn't universal.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The problem seems to be that the host sees gutter runner death messages but no one else does. It's not good because it's the one enemy that doesn't leave a body.

New patch: http://steamcommunity.com/games/235540/announcements/detail/750211687556649969

quote:

Heroes!

We've just deployed a new patch to fix a number of issues related to Audio and Input. In true holiday spirit, we've also decided to grant two Exclusive Hats to all members of the official Vermintide Steam Group!

Join the group here!

Patch 1.1.3
Changelog
Feature Changes
- Members of the Official Vermintide Steam Group now receive two exclusive hats.

Changes to Input
- Gave weapon switching priority in input queuing to avoid attacks from blocking or cancelling queued weapon switches
- Fixed an issue causing weapon switches not to queue properly after crossbow hip shots
- Fixed an issue causing weapon switches not to queue properly while spamming attacks with fencing sword
- Adjusted 2h sword wield timing to chain more fluidly and consistently after attacks
- Fixed an issue that was causing weapon switching to not queue properly after pushing

We are working through every weapon type to ensure consistent behaviour and continue to fix issues with input such as unintended actions or not being able to swap weapon.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an exploit with the Blunderbuss
- Fixed Brace of Pistols missing sounds
- Fixed a crash when equipping a specific mace
- Fixed a bug where the inn music would suddenly restart

Highlights:

-Should hopefully be able to quickswitch to your melee weapon to block more consistently now
-Join the official group for two hats
-They are about to leave for the holidays so probably nothing new for a few weeks
-This:

quote:

2015 has been a great year for Vermintide, but we're only getting started. in 2016 we'll be introducing new levels, enemies, game modes and much more. We hope you'll join us for the continued adventure in Ubersreik, and beyond.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 16, 2015

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
If I block roger do I still take some damage? Is it maybe a function of how much stamina I have left? There have been times I've danced and blocked roger while I was at low health and managed to "tank" him and then tonight I swear I had full stamina and blocked an attack I didn't think I could dodge and boom I went down like a sack of bricks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shuka posted:

If I block roger do I still take some damage? Is it maybe a function of how much stamina I have left? There have been times I've danced and blocked roger while I was at low health and managed to "tank" him and then tonight I swear I had full stamina and blocked an attack I didn't think I could dodge and boom I went down like a sack of bricks.

Some of his attacks can't be blocked. Anything that comes from overhead seems to have to be dodged.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Shoot, thanks man. I usually try to jump/dodge the ground smash but I must have had my timings off. What are these red weapons people are talking about?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Red weapons are "veteran" tier weapons. They have the stats of orange weapons but have a unique appearance and the perks are preset, not randomly generated. There's only one red weapon of each kind. If you beat a level on Nightmare or Cataclysm the top result on the roll chart has a chance to be a red weapon. Because the perks are preset and most of them aren't that great, the general consensus on red weapons is that they are not worth the bother, especially since they don't do any more damage than oranges.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
What is this like the third week with the audio for the firearms being hosed up? How hard can that be to fix?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shuka posted:

Block the swipe, dodge the overhead. Sometimes he will do nothing but spam the overhead while you're stuck in a corner and there's pretty much nothing you can do though.

Played with someone who had the protective aura from assists thing and it seems pretty cool. Your screen flashes blue when it appears on you so you know it's in effect, and a player with the effect has a portion of their health filled in blue. It lasts about 10 seconds. I assume the blue health is eaten by the aura, although I didn't see anyone get hit while they had it up so I'm not sure. Also, the headshots-give-stamina effect outlines your shields in green so you know when that triggers too.

Also I got the rainbow fish so my left 4 rats career goals are all pretty much accomplished.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Oh Saltzpyre, you're so tusundre :allears:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Heyyyyyy coming back to the game.
Did they happen to up the roll chance for rewards since the first week?

Getting only whites for a full hard tome and grim run was pretty bullshit.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

moosecow333 posted:

Oh Saltzpyre, you're so tusundre :allears:

Saltzpyre is secretly a bro, despite his cold, murderous exterior.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Yardbomb posted:

Saltzpyre is secretly a bro, despite his cold, murderous exterior.

Yeah when he saves the wizard he's always like "I will help you up and let's say no more about it" acting like he don't give a gently caress but actually he does.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
My favorite is when Saltzpyre comments on Kerillians death. He is trying to be all cold at detached, "The elf had her uses," but he chokes up halfway through it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

"I'll miss the dwarf the most. :smith:"

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Senethro posted:

My favorite is when Saltzpyre comments on Kerillians death. He is trying to be all cold at detached, "The elf had her uses," but he chokes up halfway through it.

Conversely I've heard the elf casually remark after Saltzpyre's death that we should not mourn because he was already dead on the inside.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
ELF

BAD

BAD

ELF

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

up periscope

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I've had a door turn to a roof

upon getting hit, it disintegrated into a door. this game is a mess

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Does anyone know what the newest mini-patch does? Steam just installed a 10 MB patch, but there's no patch notes.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

ElectricWizard posted:

Does anyone know what the newest mini-patch does? Steam just installed a 10 MB patch, but there's no patch notes.

Launcher says "fixed a minor engine issue".

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Heyyyyyy coming back to the game.
Did they happen to up the roll chance for rewards since the first week?

Getting only whites for a full hard tome and grim run was pretty bullshit.

Nightmare starts on greens now, I don't think hard was changed. I thought hard only had two whites, been a while since I played though.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Senethro posted:

Mine is when Kruber is hurt and he says "I order you not to die, Sergeant". He sounds so genuinely concerned.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Mzbundifund posted:

Mine is when Kruber is hurt and he says "I order you not to die, Sergeant". He sounds so genuinely concerned.

Yeah, it looks like even the most hated and reviled character has a soft side.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The witch hunter is not the most hated and reviled character.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Wait, what? Then who do we hate? It's the old man named Elf, right?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, even the elf will sometimes say a requiem for Bardin and actually act respectful, so the statement is still true.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm curious, how well optimized is this game these days? I just upgraded to a GTX 960 2GB and I've been running F4/BF4/GTAV on ultra settings at ~50 fps, will I be good to go on high settings with Vermintide? I'm thinking about grabbing it with a 20% off code from greenmangaming, which means I won't be able to refund it.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Frog Act posted:

I'm curious, how well optimized is this game these days? I just upgraded to a GTX 960 2GB and I've been running F4/BF4/GTAV on ultra settings at ~50 fps, will I be good to go on high settings with Vermintide? I'm thinking about grabbing it with a 20% off code from greenmangaming, which means I won't be able to refund it.

I have a mid-range machine and it runs great on my machine. You should be fine.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Frog Act posted:

Resolution and CPU?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Night10194 posted:

Well, even the elf will sometimes say a requiem for Bardin and actually act respectful, so the statement is still true.

right after mocking his dead bretheren, sure

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Elf player spotted.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Elf player spotted.

I more meant that yes, even the most hated and reviled character has a softer side too. I don't know why everyone was talking about Saltzpyre when that clearly refers to the elf.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

I more meant that yes, even the most hated and reviled character has a softer side too. I don't know why everyone was talking about Saltzpyre when that clearly refers to the elf.

Actually, I was referring to Saltzpyre, hoping to get someone to mention the Elf as most hated, and then I could claim the Elf isn't really a person.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

xthetenth posted:

Resolution and CPU?

I have an i7 3.4ghz and I run at 1920x1080

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You will be fine.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Skandranon posted:

Actually, I was referring to Saltzpyre, hoping to get someone to mention the Elf as most hated, and then I could claim the Elf isn't really a person.

What are you going to tell me next? Maybe that grass is green or the sky is blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Kitchner posted:

What are you going to tell me next? Maybe that grass is green or the sky is blue?

It needs constant repeating lest we forget and start to accidentally show her some modicum of decency.

• Locked thread