Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

People who best omega what level were your guys? I fear I'm too low level even with stop spam.

65 on everyone but Cloud who was 80. If you only have 50's, you'll likely need to compensate with more stop hones. If your characters aren't 50 though I wouldn't even bother with Omega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Omega down, though I didn't master it. Not really caring about perfection at this point. Took 14 stops (with 9 actually connecting) to do it. Three flash spams at the end, guess he wanted to blind me with science.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I beat the Sand Worm, although I was really dumb and died when he had a sliver of life left. He was poisoned and the next tick would have done him in, Cloud was eaten and Y'shtola was about to die. I had her auto-target Curaga which targeted Cloud instead of her (even though he was untargetable since he was eaten) and then she ate an Earthquake the next round. Out of frustration I misread the Mythril/Gem revival text and decided to do it for the first time ever. I thought it would revive me at the top of the turn instead of the top of the round, but oh well. The 10% Damage boost made the battle a breeze and now I'm done and only need to do the FF8 final boss. :woop:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
My team's at level 65, how do I beat the 110s?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Violet_Sky posted:

My team's at level 65, how do I beat the 110s?

What's your equipment/ability outlook? If you have strong equipment (or good equipment with synergy) and a good set of 4* skills (with hones), you should be able to handle it.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 23, 2015

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I have no idea what abilities to hone, actually. The only soul break equipment I have is Tifa's Grand glove.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Mingus Dew posted:

Thanks kindly.

So far, the FFIV dungeon has been the easiest of the lot; DKCecil doesn't hit much and seems to only attack down to a certain % of HP where he then switches to Darkness; if you've got mitigation up, it only hits the party for ~400ish.

Carry Armor looks like it's going to be a bitch though.

I was easily able to beat carry armor (thanks to a nice ssb RW) and the Sand Worm, but DK Cecil is kicking my rear end. He just spams Darkness and I can't keep up with healing. Not getting a regen/heal RW in the last six or so attempts hasn't exactly helped either. Any suggestions?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stack protects, summon Kirin, load up on cures and defend if your desperate. The fight automatically ends after 20 turns

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

4/11 Banner Phase 1

Shear Trigger
THYRUS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i6rFjNQUwE
Kaiser Knuckles
Estharian Helmet

Welp maybe I should have gotten Y'shtola's crystal. RIP.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Bring Tyro solo with retaliate+haste and a slowing RW. Retaliate, summon RW, retaliate, haste cecil and then keep up retaliate for 20 turns. You'll lose the 3 Cecil medals but have enough to master it anyway.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Violet_Sky posted:

I have no idea what abilities to hone, actually. The only soul break equipment I have is Tifa's Grand glove.

Well, I don't know how much this'll help (or is wanted), but here's a summary of each of the realm 110s:

FFIV: Everything is physical damage, including an AoE that hurts himself too. Bring all your physical mitigation and a source of Slow (either Slowga or Tempo Flurry) and just hit him. Pretty simple, but he can hit hard if you let him.

FFVII: Starts with two arms and the body. The Arms can 'grab' a character and stop them from doing anything until the arm has taken enough damage. They also have a physical attack that isn't very threatening. The arms have low HP though, so bring AoEs (whether as abilities or through a Roaming Warrior), and once the arms are down, the body gains a lightning weakness. The body only uses magic damage, so bring your lightning damge and magic mitigation.

FFVIII: He does lots and lots of magic damage, so bring your magic mitigation again. He does have a physical attack, but if you want to master you'll need to blind it, which will cripple damage on that end. He can also be Slowed. He can use Mighty Guard which gives him both Shell and Protect, so you might want to bring Dispel too.

FFX: The most annoying of the 110s, he can swallow one of your characters, which is like what the arms do, but worse because your character will lose all their buffs (i.e. those precious defensive boosts you'll need) and when you free your character, you'll be Slowed. Additionally, the Worm has a ton of HP even for a 110, but also a Water and Ice weakness you can abuse. If you can't do enough damage, the Worm can also be Poisoned. You'll need physical and magical mitigation.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

EGSunBro posted:

Bring Tyro solo with retaliate+haste and a slowing RW. Retaliate, summon RW, retaliate, haste cecil and then keep up retaliate for 20 turns. You'll lose the 3 Cecil medals but have enough to master it anyway.

I solo'd the fight with Cloud doing Retaliate + Tempo Flurry, with an Advance RW summon, following guidelines suggested by someone here. It worked pretty well, so thanks to whichever goon recommended that earlier.

Also it makes you feel pretty awesome killing this dude solo :frogc00l:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
So I tried playing this game a long time ago, gave up because it was so laggy on Android release. I had heard it had gotten better, so I tried to reinstall.. and the game is completely unplayable. Everything loads fast and fine the first couple of screens, and then either the game stops loading entirely, or just crashes. I have no idea what's wrong, and neither google or reddit really turn anything up for this particular problem :smith:

I'm on a stock Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 6.0.1.

e: it seems to reliably hang or crash every time I access a lobby for the second time - either going back to the "stating" lobby or trying to access any of the dungeons. This doesn't make any sense to anyone i've asked.

Niton fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 23, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Decided to do one last 3-relic pull before the phase ends, saw 1 rainbow orb...... and it was Shear Trigger, which is effectively useless to me since I have Cutting Trigger already. :suicide:

I guess I got another good mage weapon out of the deal so it wasn't a total waste, but the RNG gods were not on my side for these pulls.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RagnarokAngel posted:

People who best omega what level were your guys? I fear I'm too low level even with stop spam.

Aerith Lv63, Cloud Lv66, Vivi Lv65, Sazh Lv65, Selphie Lv58. Sazh was there entirely to pop off Boon at the start and to carry Boost and Reflect (later Esuna) so that the two high-MND characters could spam more Stops. Advance RW, Cloud tossing out Thundara Blades and Vivi tossing out Thundaja and then dropping to Thundaga when he ran out. Even then, I almost ran out of Stop uses.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Managed to beat Carry Armor, then went back for a second attempt to master it and got it done. :toot:

So now I just need to figure out who to use these last three MC2 lodes on. Squall's at 57, Tidus 51, Rinoa 46, P. Cecil 43, Tyro 32.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

W.T. Fits posted:

Managed to beat Carry Armor, then went back for a second attempt to master it and got it done. :toot:

So now I just need to figure out who to use these last three MC2 lodes on. Squall's at 57, Tidus 51, Rinoa 46, P. Cecil 43, Tyro 32.

Tidus's RM3 is fantastic for physical-teams and is a core part of SB-spam strategies, Tyro's RM3 is basically the same as Cloud's (aka "start with a full SB gauge"). Past that, whichever you plan on using most, I suppose.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

W.T. Fits posted:

I would say skip Squall, he doesn't stand out as a particularly great character. Tidus gets a pretty useful RM from his MC2 though he is otherwise lackluster.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Tidus and Tyro for sure - their RMs are great.

Lionheart is hot loving garbage, Cecil's RM seems very situational, and Rinoa's seems ok. I'd go Pecil or Rinoa depending on who you use more as the third.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Okay, I'll definitely grab Tidus and Tyro's then, but I'm still torn on the last one. Lionheart does look pretty garbage, but on the other hand, Squall's already my second highest level character, and he's got Blasting Zone mastered, so it feels like it would be a bit of a waste to just let him stay capped at 65 when he gets there.

Are any of these going to be showing up again soon in an upcoming event?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So now that I have Full Break at rank 2, is it even worth saving up for rank 3 or should I just pursue other skills that use those orbs now? I barely had enough for it now, and it took this long, since when the ability came out, to hone it once.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

W.T. Fits posted:

Okay, I'll definitely grab Tidus and Tyro's then, but I'm still torn on the last one. Lionheart does look pretty garbage, but on the other hand, Squall's already my second highest level character, and he's got Blasting Zone mastered, so it feels like it would be a bit of a waste to just let him stay capped at 65 when he gets there.

Are any of these going to be showing up again soon in an upcoming event?

Squall is one of the farthest off, I don't think he comes back for 6+ months according to that information I saw on reddit.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Couldn't make a second 10 draw in time for the thysus banner. Instead I did two 3 pulls and a single. I only got one 5*, which was a character relic! Aside from that I got 3 4*'s. One of them was a bow for ffv, so it's already useless due to the bow the dungeons give you. The other two were ffiv robes, giving me a 6*++ black robe and a 5*+ white robe. More resistance for the moon dragon so that's cool.

Oh, the 5*? I got rinoa's ssb weapon. So now I have two 5* mage weapons, as I got hope's relic from my first 10 pull on the banner. Both are thrown weapons of the same power. I mean, rinoa and hope are really good characters, but man this really limits my mage selection. I guess I'll be grabbing the christmas rod over the attack boost ssb one.

Someone earlier was saying that rinoa's ssb kinda sucked, is that true?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Sprite141 posted:

Couldn't make a second 10 draw in time for the thysus banner. Instead I did two 3 pulls and a single. I only got one 5*, which was a character relic! Aside from that I got 3 4*'s. One of them was a bow for ffv, so it's already useless due to the bow the dungeons give you. The other two were ffiv robes, giving me a 6*++ black robe and a 5*+ white robe. More resistance for the moon dragon so that's cool.

Oh, the 5*? I got rinoa's ssb weapon. So now I have two 5* mage weapons, as I got hope's relic from my first 10 pull on the banner. Both are thrown weapons of the same power. I mean, rinoa and hope are really good characters, but man this really limits my mage selection. I guess I'll be grabbing the christmas rod over the attack boost ssb one.

Someone earlier was saying that rinoa's ssb kinda sucked, is that true?

Rinoa's SSB's only downside is being random target. It hits super hard, 1800% over 5 attacks. It's one of the highest damage SBs period and Rinoa has great stats to back it up.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

EGSunBro posted:

Rinoa's SSB's only downside is being random target. It hits super hard, 1800% over 5 attacks. It's one of the highest damage SBs period and Rinoa has great stats to back it up.

Oh hell yeah! Honestly I was hoping for some good mage relics as I knew thyrus wasn't happening. I got that, and a pair of nice ssb helmets for my warriors to do some damage with. I remember dark helmet's dark shot not being rear end, but that was early on in the game. Hopefully I'm not remembering wrong.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sprite141 posted:

Aside from that I got 3 4*'s. One of them was a bow for ffv, so it's already useless due to the bow the dungeons give you.

You're basically never going to get the dungeon bow ever again, while I have gotten 4 of the same 4* FF5 bow now.

Needless to say, the 6*++ bow is far more useful than a 4* one in the FF5 dungeons.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Evil Fluffy posted:

You're basically never going to get the dungeon bow ever again, while I have gotten 4 of the same 4* FF5 bow now.

Needless to say, the 6*++ bow is far more useful than a 4* one in the FF5 dungeons.

Yeah I figured, I was gonna hang on to that one. I already got both boomerangs up to level 15, and I am so gonna rock the poo poo out of the mage game. I am finally justified for my stupid magic hones.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

You know, that's a really good point. I don't know if I need 2 bows with the same synergy. My Hayate is 6++ but yeah, Killer bow never gonna get better.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
One final 11-draw on phase 1 thanks to the bonus mythril. Huzzah! A 5* to make me 1/33! Oh look, it's my second 5* VI shield when I'm already overflowing in VI synergy. :suicide:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Niton posted:

So I tried playing this game a long time ago, gave up because it was so laggy on Android release. I had heard it had gotten better, so I tried to reinstall.. and the game is completely unplayable. Everything loads fast and fine the first couple of screens, and then either the game stops loading entirely, or just crashes. I have no idea what's wrong, and neither google or reddit really turn anything up for this particular problem :smith:

I'm on a stock Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 6.0.1.

e: it seems to reliably hang or crash every time I access a lobby for the second time - either going back to the "stating" lobby or trying to access any of the dungeons. This doesn't make any sense to anyone i've asked.

Quoting myself to add this: Whenever I click the "Home" button, the game just hangs indefinitely before closing itself. I really have no idea what's going on.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

paperwind posted:

One final 11-draw on phase 1 thanks to the bonus mythril. Huzzah! A 5* to make me 1/33! Oh look, it's my second 5* VI shield when I'm already overflowing in VI synergy. :suicide:

I did an 11 pull and two 1 pulls...2 4*s and the rest was 3* trash I'm probably never going to use. Looks like Rinoa's never gonna be a competent mage because my choices in rods are poo poo at best. To say I'm out of Mythril would be correct. To say I have anything worth showing for it isn't. :suicide:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I had enough for a Power of the Three pull, and this time I got a couple 4*s (Royal Crown VI and Crystal Helm VI, even more VI stuff but at least I can combine those into 5*s) and my second 5* Variable Steel (X). I mean, I don't mind it, because it rounds out my X synergy nicely as I also have a Dusk Lance and Lullaby Rod, but damnit I really, really wanted a Thyrus. :(

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Everyone wants the thyrus, because not only having it or sentinels grimore severely limits your damage reduction. Far more so than not having a hastega relic.

Isn't this the last banner that has it too?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I at least have a Diamond Pin and will try to make do with Lunatic High I guess.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Took the chance on the 11-pull. 9 3*, 1 4*, and 1 5*.

So who wants Stoneskin II?

aWLF

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
2 5*, 2 4*, rest were 3*.

Wyrmfang and Diamond Armor, which is normally pretty cool, but a bit of a letdown considering what else was on the banner.

Have 115 mythril left, not sure if I try again, pull for Tyro's SG, or just let the Wall SB go and get some synergy gear for realms like V, VIII, and X over time. Have wayyyyy too much VI and VII though, really don't want to pull on anything heavy in those.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Vanille 51, Red XIII 53, Squall 65, Cloud 67, Aerith 58. However, I did have Lunatic High, which meant I could bring in Planet Protector RW.

Remember that you do technically have two free turns before Omega actually starts dealing damage, so as long as you could possibly handle Flash and Reflect you should be fine even if he sneaks in a turn between Stop if you have enough damage output.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Well, I broke my vow of not using 100 gem pulls, and pulled on the phase 1 banner before it went away. My second 5* of this banner(used 5 mythril to get Thunder Rod).. and it's a Judgement Staff, my second one, as I gave my first to Yuna. Lenna will appreciate this for the event, and Tellah would appreciate the handed down Light Rod.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sprite141 posted:

Everyone wants the thyrus, because not only having it or sentinels grimore severely limits your damage reduction. Far more so than not having a hastega relic.

Isn't this the last banner that has it too?

Banner 2 has Sentinel's Grimoire. If you're asking about Thyrus specifically, I think it might show up again way down the line at the Anniversary Celebration banner? Not 100% sure on that.

I have plenty of SS2s and SGs on my friends list so I'm not too bothered about it, but it would be nice to not have to rely on RWs for a wall. But I've already spent 80 mythril chasing it and I don't really want to use any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
Walls elude me yet again.

I did get this, though...

• Locked thread