Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

Join a casual clan. My clan is super casual but we still strive to better ourselves and will do Strongholds sometimes. We only have like 30-40 members but our overall winrate is like 52 or 53%.

I tried CW once and it was just stressful and aggravating. Play for fun, but play to win as well.

Thank you, I do appreciate it. But I am going to stay in NDP.

It was my home for many years, and the one I am proud to retire in :ussr:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NDP is the official goon retirement clan. :ussr:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
What are good tanks to put female crews in? I've got 3 available, so the obvious answer is the Batchat, but I don't have a single tank on that line. I'm leaning towards sticking them in my T54E1 for now and just having to retrain when I unlock my T57. Eventually I'll complete another mission set and complete the crew, but even without the SoS bonus they won't be much worse than what I have in there right now. I don't have any 10s that I really want to put them in right this second.

Other thoughts were the T-54, Type 61, or the comedy FV 183 option.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've got one training for the T-62A and one set aside for whichever tier 10 German medium I get first (probably the E 50M). The third crew I'm working on right now is going to be American but I haven't decided which line yet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I put them all in the tanks that they came with because I make terrible crew decisions. :3:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I noticed today that the ingame text for the Czech This Out missions' tier 7-10 rewards read as "For LT vz. 38: 100% crew (crew skills: 1)" compared to worldoftanks.com's description of "100% Trained Female Czech [crew role]". I'm interested to see exactly what we get.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I would get on again. Join a new clan, play with friendlier faces, maybe finally have the drive to finish off the Indien and get the Leopard 1

But then I'd lose the Dominion Tank Police badge that is permanently affixed to my tanks. I don't know if I could ever go without that.
I also simply can't stand the player base or how I wasted some-odd year getting a giant brick that just gets worse and worse as the game progresses.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

I noticed today that the ingame text for the Czech This Out missions' tier 7-10 rewards read as "For LT vz. 38: 100% crew (crew skills: 1)" compared to worldoftanks.com's description of "100% Trained Female Czech [crew role]". I'm interested to see exactly what we get.

A female crew member with Sisterhood of Steel and nothing else. No free Sixth Sense. Don't bother.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Is the list of recommended mods in 2nd post still approved and optimal for killing of mans? Just reinstalled to annoy people again in my Type 59 and had forgotten how awful the default UI/everything is.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

NDP is the official goon retirement clan. :ussr:

gently caress yeah.

I FINALLY got mastery badge in the E75. Surprisingly, it was not that great of a game. I don't know how it happened...

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2357402#stalingrad-mesadoram-e_75

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey did you get a goddamn leFH yet? This motherfucker is a drat 51%er and just carried the hell out of this match easily.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Arty is bad tho

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not that one :)

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
shell time in leFH seems slower than normal

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

shell time in leFH seems slower than normal

Short range = higher arc = slower travel time. Just spray and pray, you reload fast.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Hey did you get a goddamn leFH yet? This motherfucker is a drat 51%er and just carried the hell out of this match easily.

Uh, so why are you playing that SPG instead of your LeFH? :confused:

Hellsau posted:

Short range = higher arc = slower travel time. Just spray and pray, you reload fast.

But it's the long-range version of the FV304. The LeFH has a shell speed of 410 m/s and the FV304 is 270 m/s. :eyepop:

Anyways, now for some fun stuff. You know how the Matilda 4 is a bad tank? Not the UK tier 4, the USSR tier 5 LL prem with 102 pen APCR. Well you want to see one go loving BEAST MODE [after Manny dies uselessly :P] or at least as close as a Matilda 4 gets to that? Well here you go!
(WARNING: Contains 100% MATILDA IV OWNAGE and 100% PUBBIE RAGE): http://wotreplays.eu/site/2357755?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Now, how about some bottom-tier sky cancer on a less-than-optimal map? What could possibly go right, right? :haw: How about a couple of shotguns and an ALLAHU ACKBAR to clinch the win? You know you want it! http://wotreplays.eu/site/2357760?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

ALLAHU ACKBAR! :jihad:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atomizer posted:

But it's the long-range version of the FV304. The LeFH has a shell speed of 410 m/s and the FV304 is 270 m/s. :eyepop:

wot fun facts: WG tweak SPG shell arcs off of two variables, shell velocity and shell gravity. instead of 9,81 like in a sensible world they drop at 80-170 m/s^2 depending on the gun.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I bought the M46 KR that's currently for sale on EU for a week or so, it feels fairly mobile and has a decent 192 pen gun that can sling magic american APCR if needed. I got thrown into a tier 10 game on my 3rd match but got lucky and managed to snatch an Oskin's medal. EU pubbies kept begging for me to gift them the tank for some inexplicable reason (the reason being they are impoverished potato farmers probably):

I haven't played it that much yet to be honest but I'm getting a good first impression of it. As far as I can tell it has less mobility than the regular Pershing but gets more pen and a better reload time, with the obvious downside being that it's incredibly hideous of course.

edit:

dusanstojanovic91 (11:28:15) ahhahah

He took it well I guess???

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 24, 2015

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
With 0.12 track and 0.08 turret bloom it also has basically the best gun handling in this tier and probably the next.

The only thing to watch for is that it has a stock Patton turret (obviously) which is visually similar but not nearly as strong in the mantlet as the upraded Pershing turret.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Also remember to activate a bonus code on EU:
AXTHGH12BN15MASA

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Psykmoe posted:

The only thing to watch for is that it has a stock Patton turret (obviously) which is visually similar but not nearly as strong in the mantlet as the upraded Pershing turret.

oh dang, i thought that thing looked too fun to be true

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Hmm, a new and hideous tank for sale... I guess i have to buy it then :'(

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
We had this gem yesterday while platooning on Malinovka.

Basically, half our team decided to camp the base and then apparently got overrun without scoring any damage whatsoever. We doubled back and got slaughtered.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

M.C. McMic posted:

We had this gem yesterday while platooning on Malinovka.

Basically, half our team decided to camp the base and then apparently got overrun without scoring any damage whatsoever. We doubled back and got slaughtered.

Most of them were in really solid tanks too.

What a shame.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Hellsau posted:

48%-er in a game just now:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

M.C. McMic posted:

Man I really need practice in my LeFH, or maybe a GLD and some crew training. I still have a 58% winrate in mine but landing my shots is still a bit iffy. Any guides on arty playstyle you fellas recommend?

Out of curiosity, does anyone along HEAT in it at all? I carry 4 shells for ripe opportunities but don't find myself using them too often.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Not gonna lie, that's a nice reward. The Excelsior is one of the better pref 5s.

It really is. The gun is kinda crappy but I guess they had to balance it somehow.

Anyone else bought the T-28E with F-30? Played a few matches and think it's my favorite pubbie smasher now. :allears:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So the "Hunt the Pros" mission is bugged so that when there is a platoon of "pros" you'll only get 250 gold no matter how many you kill.

The good news is that you can open a support ticket to get the extra gold.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Hmm, a new and hideous tank for sale... I guess i have to buy it then :'(

:smith::respek::smith:

As soon as NA has it available, probably.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

M.C. McMic posted:

Can someone please make a mod that changes the name of anyone with a winrate below 50% to "nuclear_turd" please.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

wot fun facts: WG tweak SPG shell arcs off of two variables, shell velocity and shell gravity. instead of 9,81 like in a sensible world they drop at 80-170 m/s^2 depending on the gun.

Serb controls the laws of physics.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I just came here to let agrajag know that this is what it feels like to play the Type 59:

https://youtu.be/YtPsTieXSfI

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you pubbies. Left click on red tanks for gently caress sake.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Gervasius posted:

gently caress you pubbies. Left click on red tanks for gently caress sake.

I feel your pain. My efforts have been equally futile sometimes.

West007 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 25, 2015

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

This thing is just stupid. Camo/Rammer/GLD I assume?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep, you got it. Get ready to truly enjoy SPGs for once.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

sushibandit posted:

This thing is just stupid. Camo/Rammer/GLD I assume?

Binocs instead of camo net. Might as well abuse the hell out of that 390m view range - you'll vastly outspot anything coming for you.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Psykmoe posted:

:smith::respek::smith:

As soon as NA has it available, probably.

Wow, SerB must really want a nice hooker orgy this year for Christmas seeing as they said the M46 KR would ~only~ ever be sold on the SEA server.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Not that anybody should play this game but the hp buffs made the J-tiger perfectly viable now and the ferdinand is an insane wn8/high caliber monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Apparently this is what you have to do in order to ace the Tiger Patton:

Replay here. Both teams in this match were particularly godawful (I swear there's lead in the drinking water across Europe), which let me do my thing as a hull down sniper. I really like the tank!