Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Ok, truth time -- I don't care for mustard or mayonnaise in most circumstances.

However I still argue that using them a regular sandwich is weird. You're biting into something that is already sandwiched between two soft slices of bread, why moisten the bread moreso?

Then again, I'm disgusted by PB&J sandwiches because of the same principle. It's a big pile of mush, what the hell.

e: To clarify, it's not necessarily that you're moistening the bread with the condiment, it's that you're introducing a wet element into the bite along with the soft bread.

Jesus you really suck at sandwiches amigo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

However I still argue that using them a regular sandwich is weird. You're biting into something that is already sandwiched between two soft slices of bread, why moisten the bread moreso?

Then again, I'm disgusted by PB&J sandwiches because of the same principle. It's a big pile of mush, what the hell.

e: To clarify, it's not necessarily that you're moistening the bread with the condiment, it's that you're introducing a wet element into the bite along with the soft bread.

This post is so un-American Richard Nixon will rise from his grave to form HUAC again.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

This was really interesting, thanks for sharing! As already stated in the thread, an awful lot of analysis and thinking for little apparent result in editorial policy, but any editorial policy pronouncement would like just end up being its own news story and all the analysis would get discarded in the process.

This viewpoint is unbearably prevalent. My favorite response to the immigration debate is "they should just follow the law!" Spoken like someone who's never encountered an law that was unethical towards them, of course.

Clearly the proper response should be that God told them not to follow that law.

Thanks Rubio.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

"Banking industry executives must no longer be allowed to serve on the Fed’s boards and to handpick its members and staff. Board positions should instead include representatives from all walks of life — including labor, consumers, homeowners, urban residents, farmers and small businesses."

Oh good. Let's have our monetary system run by people who think that the government should budget like a family budgets. Great idea.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Thump! posted:

Jesus you really suck at sandwiches amigo.

ROLL EAT THE TACO!

Bettertoruleinhell USE THE MUSTARD!

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVBsCCV6NG4

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
mayo is disgusting tasteless blob of gently caress

a slight small dab of miracle whip to give a tangy zest is literally all that is needed on any sort of bread product, period

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

a slight small dab of miracle whip to give a tangy zest is literally all that is needed on any sort of bread product, period

miracle whip is the jeb bush of condiments

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Good strong mustard or horseradish is the condiment of the gods.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

You know what else makes bread moist? Chewing on it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
When in doubt, add kraut.

Condiment chat over.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Aliquid posted:

miracle whip is the jeb bush of condiments

i get excited about miracle whip though

the whip connotates zestiness

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Anyone who likes yellow mustard is probably unhygienic, has buck teeth, is balding, wears a wolf shirt, has both legs replaced with artificial ones due to diabetes, votes republican, listens to glam rock in an annoyingly religious way, uses the same pair of underwear for a week without washing them, pees in the back yard, mails a pinch of flour in their letters to congress, lets their pitbulls run free in the street, spits on their hand before handshaking to an agreement, shoots the neighbor's cats with an airsoft rifle that looks like an M16, watches reruns of all in the family, laughs with gusto at all the racist jokes, burps and farts loudly inside the sporting goods store, teases the mentally ill, doesn't tip, keeps all of their receipts inside several shoe boxes, hangs multiple flags of the confederate states in their living room, lets their children ride the handicap scooters in the grocery store whenever they want, prays to god every night for obama's death, doesn't use their turn signal when turning, flips off any homeless on their way to work, left their pet iguana to die of starvation in their previous trailer home, uses the same fake christmas tree their parents had 25 years ago, goes out of their way to yell at entitled millennials, sells their prescription pain killers to some millennial down the street, participated in an anti-abortion rally in the past year, leaves broken down used cars in their front yard that they say they'll get to fixing but never do, and is generally an unpleasant person.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:gas:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Kitfox88 posted:

I didnt realize one of those miracle whip commercial actors posted here.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i'm also that fat white dude who can't keep his bowl of cheetos on the edge of the seat he's in

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A SAC target list from the late 1950s has been declassified if you want to see how many nukes we were planning on dropping on East Berlin (a lot).

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/nukevault/ebb538-Cold-War-Nuclear-Target-List-Declassified-First-Ever/

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

A SAC target list from the late 1950s has been declassified if you want to see how many nukes we were planning on dropping on East Berlin (a lot).

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/nukevault/ebb538-Cold-War-Nuclear-Target-List-Declassified-First-Ever/

Glad they had the wherewithal to distinguish between East and West Berlin

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I was about to ask why the gently caress we were purposefully targeting civilian centers but then I saw the picture of LeMay and all was made clear again to me.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Jeb. has finally accepted his calling as the low-energy candidate.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kitfox88 posted:

I was about to ask why the gently caress we were purposefully targeting civilian centers but then I saw the picture of LeMay and all was made clear again to me.

Go ahead and look into what the Soviets were targeting.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Are there declassified papers of that sort of stuff? I'd dive into the cold war thread in TFR but :effort:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

two soft slices of bread

Look at this guy with his expensive "soft" bread looking down on us from his Ivory Tower!

I'm generally with you. I don't add condiments to most things like sandwiches or burgers but am more than fine with them being on there if I buy them somewhere.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Kitfox88 posted:

Are there declassified papers of that sort of stuff? I'd dive into the cold war thread in TFR but :effort:

Unclear, but check out the nuclear weapons thread. The topic has come up before.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
USPol Dec: The War on Mustard

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Remember how the Wisconsin Supreme Court killed that investigation into Scott Walker's possible campaign coordination efforts during his 2012 recall campaign without the two judges who had been elected on the back of said illegally coordinating groups recusing themselves? Well that case may not be dead, and may try appealing the lack of recusal to SCOTUS.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 24, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kitfox88 posted:

Here's details of one someone found in Czech archives. The plan was basically "nuke Europe, our satellites invade a radioactive wasteland, their troops all die, and then the Red Army makes it to the Pyrenees in 9 days." It sounds about as insane as our war plans.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ok, I guess I'm in the minority here but I don't get this -- why put a wet condiment on a regular sandwich? That makes no sense to me. Regular sliced bread is already soft, you're just making your sandwich soggy with it.

Makes no goddamn sense to me. If you're gonna do that, get a denser bread or toast it or something.

mayonnaise is an integral part of white culture

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Larry Klayman's Judicial Watch group has now sued for access to the scientist e-mails that Congressman Lamar Smith (R-TX) has failed to successfully acquire, as well as any e-mails that might be prove that there is a conspiracy in refusing to forward the e-mails to Smith. Klayman and Smith would very much like to make another Climategate situation from out-of-context e-mail clippings in their continuing efforts to prove God-Emperor Obama's global warming hoax and to put an end to the Paris agreement in any way they can.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Oh man, I forgot about this -- goons, did you know that not only was Trump being misogynistic towards Hillary with 'schlonged' but he was also trying to get people scared about scary, big ol' black rapists and their monster dicks? Find your safe space and check your privilege because David Brock is on the case about the super-secret micro-aggression Trump was throwing down:

You can't get one past ol' Brock.

Judging from a truncated URL I figured David Brooks wrote this because I have no idea who the gently caress David Brock is and was fairly confused.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Kitfox88 posted:

Fact: Curtis LeMay was a big fan of Miracle Whip.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

IIRC wasn't their first strike option to obliterate the missile field in one of the Dakotas and the secondary strike was megadeath?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

IIRC wasn't their first strike option to obliterate the missile field in one of the Dakotas and the secondary strike was megadeath?

The Dakotas and ever major population center. The difference is you only need a few airbursts to depopulate Southern California because people don't live in hardened silos while you need to drop penetrating hydrogen bombs at close range to take out a missile site.

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 24, 2015

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think mayonnaise would be a more tolerable condiment if it came in Dijon mustard sized containers. A teaspoon can really go a long way in giving bland scrambled eggs some nice flavor.

But when you're slathering all over your food... I don't know, what the gently caress is wrong with people?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There are also accusations that MSNBC covered up Obama's request for Dijon Mustard. I don’t know whether they did, but I’m far more concerned over the manner in which Fox news covered up far more important things, such as how George Bush lied the country into a war.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bip Roberts posted:

The Dakotas and ever major population center. The difference is you only need a few airbursts to depopulate Southern California because people don't live in hardened silos while you need to drop penetrating hydrogen bombs at close range to take out a missile site.

I remember some publication from the period (someone posted a scanned page) showing likely nuke hits, with what amounts to nuclear saturation bombing over the NORAD half of Wyoming. There might have been one or three over by Offutt/SAC but there were like several dozen over Wyoming because they wanted to make sure they slagged Cheyenne Mountain.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

You aren't taking out the silos with your nukes. If I remember correctly, you're basically trying to kick up enough debris to destroy the other guys missiles when they launch them. Or something like that. It was brought up in the cold war thread in tfr at some point

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Oh man, I forgot about this -- goons, did you know that not only was Trump being misogynistic towards Hillary with 'schlonged' but he was also trying to get people scared about scary, big ol' black rapists and their monster dicks? Find your safe space and check your privilege because David Brock is on the case about the super-secret micro-aggression Trump was throwing down:

You can't get one past ol' Brock.

Man, that's completely hosed up. Totally off-base. He's obviously playing into the 'cuck' meme - that's not about rape at all!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

GalacticAcid posted:

Jia Tolentini has a fantastic essay up at Jezebel this morning about navigating the waters of the online outrage machine as the editor of a feminist website.

Well worth the read.

(Edited to fix bad typo, phone-posting)

It is an interesting read. The part about outrage culture not getting results strikes me. Perhaps some frustration is with the right wing outrage machine seemingly getting results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lessail posted:

It is an interesting read. The part about outrage culture not getting results strikes me. Perhaps some frustration is with the right wing outrage machine seemingly getting results.

The right is utterly losing the culture war, but perhaps focusing on that hasn't paid as many dividends as the left hoped.

• Locked thread