Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Zaodai posted:

At a glance, I don't follow what we're pulling from this. Gift certificates? Fitbit stats? That the Archer is so bad you have to use it as substitute for coal in a stocking?

I guess the teaser was a bit too vague. There will be a live stream with prize giveaways a bit later on today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

I guess the teaser was a bit too vague. There will be a live stream with prize giveaways a bit later on today.

Can one of the prizes be firing Paul and Russ thanks in advance

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

WebDO posted:

Can one of the prizes be firing Paul and Russ thanks in advance

+1

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Best prize would be an external christmas skin for urbanmechs, complete with blinking multicolor lights.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
All i want for mwo christmas is a new username :(

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Willfrey posted:

Same. Support told me January

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Willfrey posted:

You will forever be MechWarrior86889 or whatever it was. You should change your SA name and legal name to reflect this.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

Best prize would be an external christmas skin for urbanmechs, complete with blinking multicolor lights.

Eh, close enough?

Edit: Also, 'trashborn' is a racial epithet. I'm reporting PGI.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
That Urbie is ready for the SLAM SECTOR.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Also the gift-mech seems... lame?
I mean the cannon is nice, but no chance for lasers?

The Mech is fine (it's probably the second best Cent chassis). My only gripe is that it's the same chassis anyone who has any kind of Loyalty reward already owns and it's the first giveaway since the Steam release, IE: I came back for the Steam release, got the Cent-AH(L) as a loyalty reward literally 1 week ago and now there's the same chassis (w/o the 30% C-Bills bonus) as a prize. Of course everything free is just gravy, but I would have been more thrilled if that was literally *any* other mech.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 23, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

By "pressing" i meant "spend day and night reaching 75/75 games".
Ofc i wont uninstall now, but im not missing out on anything crucial.

Also the gift-mech seems... lame?
I mean the cannon is nice, but no chance for lasers?

put srm's in it you big dummy.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

The Splat Stalker power is real, of course we still lost the game, loving pubbies.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You will forever be MechWarrior86889 or whatever it was. You should change your SA name and legal name to reflect this.

just got an email confirming the change. oh lord wish i was a little more serious about it

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
What did you end up with?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Patrat posted:

The Splat Stalker power is real, of course we still lost the game, loving pubbies.

That adder that was left with you was the worst and cost us the game and aaaaaaa

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

That adder that was left with you was the worst and cost us the game and aaaaaaa

To be fair we could still have won if I had realized I only had one SRM shot left, not just spewing missiles randomly past the Marauder and instead headbutting him before firing, his center torso was open by the time he killed me and the only other thing left was the Spider with no weapons. I think you did warn me of that over voice comms so pretty much entirely my fault.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

veedubfreak posted:

What did you end up with?

Aspergatory

guess it's not that bad

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Ice Fist posted:

You've convinced me to give them a whirl on my sniper Stalker.

Got my stalkers elited a few days ago then sold them off. Great hardpoints on those things but not quite for me.

Wished they could either go faster or spread damage better. I swear 70% of incoming damage always goes into LT/RT.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Drakes posted:

Got my stalkers elited a few days ago then sold them off. Great hardpoints on those things but not quite for me.

Wished they could either go faster or spread damage better. I swear 70% of incoming damage always goes into LT/RT.

A Rhino 3F is a very good mech. I just get bored of running the same thing all the time so I threw 4x LL and 2x ER PPCs with an XL 325 and as many heat sinks I could find so that I could realistically have a "sniper" mech. It's a terrible concept, but it worked fine in the random matches I played because pubbies are also terrible so it all works out. I'm going to try ERLL instead of regular LL probably tonight. I'm hoping I explode into a mushroom cloud when I alpha everything.

Half the time when I log in I go into the mechlab to find out what kind of an abomination I can create for the night.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
RIP Weedgoku Bonerhitler, some loser reported me. Probably someone I shot.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Should have gone with Weedguko Bonerhimmler.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

It was only a matter of time, you SS13 nerd

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Plek posted:

Should have gone with Weedguko Bonerhimmler.

BleedBloku BlonerBlitler no one would ever know. Anyway, will they email me back to let me know of the name swap or what? Is my name just in limbo until they decide on it?
EDIT: my alternate names were taken so my new IGN is Nuebot. Sad days. I wanted to be bonezone420.
Also they don't warn you that getting your name changed completely resets all your settings and bindings and everything

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 24, 2015

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Is it worth chucking the CBills at the weapon modules for range/cooldown?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bentai posted:

Short answer no long answer nooooo

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Bentai posted:

yes, absolutely

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bentai posted:

Do you already own all of the mechs and mech modules that you want? If not, then no.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Bentai posted:

A good reason to is if it puts your weapon choices into a closer time sync. But bear in mind Cooldown means they still fire hot, but you can refire sooner, potentially increasing your heat accumulation. Range increases are percentage based so affect longer range weapons more.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

It's strange there being enough Word members that I find myself dropping with and against them multiple times a night in the pub queue.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

What are the odds of getting a free mech from this stocking stuffer event? As a new player it would be pretty sweet to grab a free mech since I only have one right now.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Axetrain posted:

What are the odds of getting a free mech from this stocking stuffer event? As a new player it would be pretty sweet to grab a free mech since I only have one right now.

Some people have gotten them right off, I haven't gotten one in 15 pulls.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
dear whoever Psyonic is: I'm sorry I shot up your King Crab. I hope in time that we can be friends.

Also how does this Stormcrow look for someone who only has the B-variant for right now? When I can afford to I'll be picking up the other variants so I can use their parts/master the thing. The UAC/20 chews the gently caress out of heavy/assault backsides and woe betide the medium or light I catch standing still.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Epsilon Plus posted:

dear whoever Psyonic is: I'm sorry I shot up your King Crab. I hope in time that we can be friends.

Also how does this Stormcrow look for someone who only has the B-variant for right now? When I can afford to I'll be picking up the other variants so I can use their parts/master the thing. The UAC/20 chews the gently caress out of heavy/assault backsides and woe betide the medium or light I catch standing still.

Hey, that was the match I dropped in a shitfit Shadowcat just to get my last 250 XP to finish the basic tier on it and died almost immediately!

EDIT: If you were the guy that blew his entire torso and only remaining weapons off, at least.

EDIT 2: Nice Avatar/apology combo.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm not entirely sure what exactly I did, only that I got the kill on him and two other dorks, then marched down the mountain pass while the rest of the team died before getting clusterfucked near your cap point. Playing the King Crab for me is a time to just go into a fugue and wildly mash my weapon buttons while pointing at torsos.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

We just ran into a Raven packing only a large laser and an LRM 10.

It moved at 81 km/h.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Speaking of Crabs is there a better setup I should be using on mine?

This seems to do some good damage but I want to know how sub-optimal it is.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Axetrain posted:

Looks solid to me.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Axetrain posted:

I'd move a lot of that back armor to the front. I usually only keep 12 or less in the back center, and 8 or less in the sides.

Though that is in group play, if your uncoordinated pub dropping it may be a good idea to keep your own rear end covered.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Axetrain posted:

Do endo instead of ferro if you can, and reduce your back armor by about half. could also take out the CASE as well and use weight savings to up the engine

otherwise not too bad. maybe something like this?

KGC-000B

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Quad UAC/5 with all of the ammo you can possibly fit. Ignore the lasers, fit more shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Note that CASE is white hot trash in this game. Ammo explosions don't work like in tabletop so it isn't the raw necessity that it is there.

• Locked thread