Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

started playing until dawn, the title screen logo spooked me, turned the light back on :ohdear:

Pussy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Until dawn is really good, enjoy!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's best with friends, passing off the controller.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bye bye conkers :twisted:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Captain Yossarian posted:

Until dawn is really good, enjoy!

a cop posted:

It's best with friends, passing off the controller.

are you two enjoying this little game you're playing?!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hey at least it's night time.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Deviant posted:

are you two enjoying this little game you're playing?!

I had to think about this, but then I really liked it a whole hell of a lot :aaaaa:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh boy, so uh I realized they're probably going to take the psychiatrist's pictures into account uh?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Kurtofan posted:

oh boy, so uh I realized they're probably going to take the psychiatrist's pictures into account uh?

please refer to him by his proper name, Mattias "Gorb" Nilsson, PhD

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

they don't do as much with it as they could

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Not really. disappointingly so.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
well that's ok, considering I just screamed at a thing that wasn't one of the things I picked. the dog/beast in the bathroom

time to leave the menu, wish me luck

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

well that's ok, considering I just screamed at a thing that wasn't one of the things I picked. the dog/beast in the bathroom

time to press r1, wish me luck

You should play Outlast.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Or System Shock 2. Game is still scary to this day. Only thing that sucks is the respawn.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ufarn posted:

Or System Shock 2. Game is still scary to this day. Only thing that sucks is the respawn.

they're making 3 now

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

they're making 3 now
Well we tried that once and called it Bioshock, and that was with Ken Levine. I don't think it's going to be a good scare like the classic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Does Until Dawn saves automatically in between scenes like a telltale game?

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Kurtofan posted:

Does Until Dawn saves automatically in between scenes like a telltale game?

yes

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

JordanKai posted:

Now Ratchet has to contend with Uncharted 4 as well as being released on the same day as Dark Souls III.

I'm sorry Insomniac. :(

There's a few games that I'm waiting for to buy a PS4, and Ratchet and Clank is one of them. I'm not interested in either Uncharted 4 or Souls games, so it might be the game to get me to purchase the system.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Geomancing posted:

There's a few games that I'm waiting for to buy a PS4, and Ratchet and Clank is one of them. I'm not interested in either Uncharted 4 or Souls games, so it might be the game to get me to purchase the system.

You are the only person on earth who feels that way

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ufarn posted:

Well we tried that once and called it Bioshock, and that was with Ken Levine. I don't think it's going to be a good scare like the classic.

i know he is making another shooter with a team, and 2k is making another bioshock. ill probaly buy both those and the new system shock because i am a whore for story driven shooters.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Geomancing posted:

People have bought ps4's for worse reasons I suppose

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I just bought a Ps4 for bloodborne, but are there any other games fori t that i couldn't just play on my PC. I'm getting a free copy of destiny with it and that looks cool, but there are more than two Ps4 exclusives that don't suck right??

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Carmant posted:

I just bought a Ps4 for bloodborne, but are there any other games fori t that i couldn't just play on my PC. I'm getting a free copy of destiny with it and that looks cool, but there are more than two Ps4 exclusives that don't suck right??

I also did that and no not really, although if you didnt have a ps3 then theres a bunch of good remastered versions of last gen exclusives like the Last of Us and stuff and some ps2 games redone in 1080p with trophies

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Carmant posted:

Until dawn is good if you can get it on sale and like horror. Uncharted collection is good. Mlb the show is supposed to be good if you like baseball.

Edit: last of us remastered is very good like Manyak said

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kurtofan posted:

Bye bye conkers :twisted:

All actions have consequences...

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Captain Yossarian posted:

Until dawn is good if you can get it on sale and like horror. Uncharted collection is good. Mlb the show is supposed to be good if you like baseball.

Edit: last of us remastered is very good like Manyak said

MLB the show is really good, its the only good baseball game around now and its underrated as a playstation exclusive. I just always assume people arent looking for a baseball game when they ask about exclusives

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What's the current state of FF14 when it comes to playing it super casually? I played for a while like a year and a half ago and really enjoyed the combat, gathering, monsters, environments, etc but got distracted by other games around when my trial ended. I've been in the MMO mood lately and it was good times.

Also how is War Thunder now? I've always been curious about it but it seemed a little messy around the PS4 launch.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

manyak posted:

MLB the show is really good, its the only good baseball game around now and its underrated as a playstation exclusive. I just always assume people arent looking for a baseball game when they ask about exclusives

I really should pick it up. I keep recommending it but....

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Carmant posted:

edf edf edf

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

lets hang out posted:

EDF! EDF! EDF!! WAAAAAGHH!!!

fixed

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sorry you're right

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I can't wait until EDF is cheap. It was so much stupid fun on the 360 but whoa was the framerate ever a big loving turd.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

What's the current state of FF14 when it comes to playing it super casually? I played for a while like a year and a half ago and really enjoyed the combat, gathering, monsters, environments, etc but got distracted by other games around when my trial ended. I've been in the MMO mood lately and it was good times.

It's good. With the way content releases you can take breaks in between each patch before resubbing again too if you wanted to.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

You can play it super casually, the biggest strength of FF14 is that they are very good at adding content that appeals to all different kinds of players. The story you can pretty much just treat like a regular FF game that is occasionally multiplayer, and between the base game and the expansion and the patches its probably 100 hours long at this point. Outside of that, there iis always some kind of progression you can get into whether its running dungeons or raiding or crafting, gathering, collecting Triple Triad cards, building up your Verminion team, or just leveling up all the classes. There is a lot of stuff to do.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
Exclusives not mentioned

Infamous: First Light is really good and better than the previous infamouses.

If you don't have a PS3 or a Vita Hohokum is an exclusive and is quite nice.

There's a few more exclusives if you didn't have a PS3 which at this point in its life (two years in) only had heavenly sword, lair, uncharted 1, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction and Warhawk, I believe? could be more?

Calling All Cars might be one I missed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they make it easier to level other classes in FF14? The lack of more quests made it slow.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

I can't wait until EDF is cheap. It was so much stupid fun on the 360 but whoa was the framerate ever a big loving turd.

As a long time EDF player, I'm still sometimes genuinely surprised when the PS4 is still running full 60FPS when I think it should be making GBS threads the bed with everything going on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Another PS4 exclusive worth checking out is Knack, it's basically the same thing as Ratchet and Clank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Did they make it easier to level other classes in FF14? The lack of more quests made it slow.
If you last played at launch, they added daily/weekly quests that give you hella EXP, you can grind up a class really quickly now. Then Heavensward came out and they massively sped up the 1-50 game on top of that.

• Locked thread