Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woden
May 6, 2006
Oh yeah looks like the same set of items as heroic greensteel, so no shields, orbs, trinkets, rings, quivers, rune arms or wraps. Might be a great club though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Well poo poo. I might have to log in if only to check out that bee gun.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Random Effects by Slot incase anyone was curious or wanted to give feedback.

Nothing in particular stands out to me (of course I just skimmed it), and I think a limited list is good since it gives unique items a place to shine when they break those restrictions.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Looks pretty cool, if they're making it super powerful then it's a good idea to limit certain abilities to certain slots again.

Also awesome to see Healing Amp back.

Curious what they'll do with named items though, I can see Cannith Crafting allowing you to put poo poo on different slots but that'd just make named items even worse off and it'd be a ton of effort to rework them all.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Week 2 Sales
35% off Inventory Space, 75% off Epic Destinies, 50% off Constitution Tomes and Key of Destiny

Vargouille posted:

Lamannia the Third (December 10)

• Equipment Augments are in and ready for review.
  • Active Augments are alpha ready for review.
  • A small slice of "bonus combo effects" are in and ready for testing. This is intentionally a small slice of what's expected to be in Legendary Green Steel to check on functionality, not a full reveal of all possible combos.
    • We recommend building a weapon with all Fire focuses, and then changing it to have two Fire focuses and two Air focuses (contained in the augments slotted into that weapon).
    • Really, those are the only two combos you'll be able to do in this Lamannia. Don't spend a lot of time hunting for other stuff!

• A number of missing or incorrect elements have been fixed from previous Lamannia. This includes at least a pass on base stats on the items (as mentioned earlier the critical profiles and base damage were incorrect), and addition of Commendations of Valor to crafting.
  • All weapon models (art) for Legendary Green Steel are now in.
  • It is possible to extract a Legendary Green Steel Augment, using a Legendary Green Steel Augment Extractor. These will be available in the store. For this Lamannia, we're trying to be online and giving them out or dropping them on the floor of the testdojo.
  • As always, numbers and exact effects highly subject to change. We welcome your feedback on what is too high, too low, if some Tier 1 effects should be swapped with Tier 3, etc. (To an extent we've focused on getting new tech out to you guys for review first!)

Randomized Loot Look Two.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 10, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
LGS effects

Some weird stuff like extra unconscious range, they keep trying to make this a thing and since you can now get an extra 224 it may finally be worth something(doubtful).

No bonus effects yet so can't tell if conc opp is in and good or not but I dig the nightshield clicky in a non armour slot. On the whole looking pretty good but doubt we'll go back to the days of wearing 3+ accessories.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Small thing but kind of important potentially

quote:

Loot tables go up to level 40. This means that running a base level 32 raid on elite will still leave 6 levels for loot boosts to have an effect.

Curious how the level 40 random loot will compare to the raid/named loot in power levels if you stack chest boosting stuff.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Stolen from the forums:

That was done in Haverdasher and raiding the giants vault with a +1 gem, so with good luck on mutations it'll beat out raid/named items for certain things. UMD being the big stand out as well as assassinate, skills and probablyprobably spell power/spell crits.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

UMD in particular has been fixed, from the post I stole the other line from

quote:

Hardness has been adjusted.

UMD has also been adjusted.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Servers will be down 11am-3pm EST(8am-noon PST, 4pm-8pm GMT) for Update 29!

Woden
May 6, 2006
I'm always blown away how they can go from the horrible mess of Lamannia to a pretty decent update. Though for sure this update would be pushed back til after xmas.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah is tons of people bitching in the announcement thread about the short notice, and how it should be next week. It's like what kind of idiot are you to expect them to push something live during Christmas week? Thursday means they just barely have time to put out a hotfix if they really need to. Otherwise we'd be seeing this after the new year, or at least christmas. And they even explicitly said they were discussing/checking on a few things to see whether they could get it out this week or not. It's not like we had 0 notice that was maybe coming tomorrow.

Agreed on the Lamannia thing, though I wish they were better about it. I'm glad they're giving us more time to give input and stuff, but Lamannia still feels like it's not up enough, combined with the fact that they only put it up for a short period of time a couple times per update. I'd rather see it be up from Update XX First Pass until Update XXX Final, only going down to push a new update.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Update 29 release notes.

Week 3 of sales:
35% off Mirror of Glamering, 75% off Greater Tome of Epic Learning, 50% off Colossal Augment Bags and Character Slots!

PS don't try to do any Cannith Crafting on the airship, it's not working with the new items. They closed the crafting halls but don't have a good way to close all the stations on the airship without disabling airships which they're not gonna do.

Also apparently the servers are down until "late tonight Eastern" to fix an issue with the random item generation.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Looks like I jinxed it.

DemonMage posted:

Agreed on the Lamannia thing, though I wish they were better about it. I'm glad they're giving us more time to give input and stuff, but Lamannia still feels like it's not up enough, combined with the fact that they only put it up for a short period of time a couple times per update. I'd rather see it be up from Update XX First Pass until Update XXX Final, only going down to push a new update.

Yeah, even when it's up character copy can be really slow or not working at all, sometimes no Dojo, update wont download(happened to me this time, couldn't get updated for last release) and whatever else. Lam is only really used to get the most egregious bugs though, the rest are for hotfixes or a later update if not that important so I can see why they don't bother too much.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
What's ... going on... with loot:

Woden
May 6, 2006
That's hilarious.

Quests take twice as long now as I have to look at every item in the chest instead of just looting guild renown.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So far the most hilarious thing I've found is the spell power stuff. Implement bonuses on ML30 random stuff are like 70+. Way better than named gear. And then top it off with 70 insightful spell power and you could easily gain 150+ to a specific spell power if you tried.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Yeah it's 3x min level instead of 3x the +in the front, it'll get fixed like UMD.

Saw a level 10 staff with +67 fire, +30 implement and +35 or something insightful, poo poo is crazy.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Also finally had a chance to run some of the U28 stuff. Tavern Brawl is a nice little quest, nothing special. I really liked Grim and Barret though. Good reuse of existing tile sets without feeling like a clone. Plus the Gatekeeper door "opening" is cute. They've really been doing an overall solid job with quest design the last few years. Most of the time it's got a good visual design, solid pacing, good layouts. And then we get kind of strange (but good) ones like the Vampire House quest and Temple of Elemental Evil to change it up.

Except gently caress who ever thought adding an air elemental as a portal guardian in Epic Inferno was a good idea. It's not like it's challenging, it's just irritating. And they could have used an ice elemental to give you someone to put out torches.

Edit: Also wonder if the epic Vale quests got scrapped or just pushed back? They added two new quests but they originally were talking 4 or 5 Vale quests. These two new ones don't take place there. Kinda bummed if they just got scrapped.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 19, 2015

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I forgot I had this ages ago and never opened it: I have a Raider's Reward box that gives me a choice between any of the Caught in the Web weapons. Are any of them still useful? Other than Sireth, which I think still might be? Unfortunately this is on my artificer, who plans on TRing a bunch more but sticking to artificer or similar builds.

Noricae fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 22, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Is this game still Clickies the Game? Pretty much one of the major turn offs aside from having to re-run old content over and over back when I quit around a few years ago.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Eh, I mean clickies are important, but not as important as they were. Speed items can replace haste, and there's nothing as good as Displacement but you can get 25%+ from Blur or Lesser Displacement items, so that helps. You still want displacement clickies if you're doing Epic Elite though, it's too much protection to pass up. Even Greater Heroism can be found as a passive on high end named items.

Healing Scrolls are still helpful, but a lot of classes can twist in Cocoon to get healing in epic levels. 10-20 Heal Scrolls are still king though. And there's also an ability you can twist in for 40 all elemental resists, or a rare high level augment for +30 to all.

The vast majority of those are abilities, not clickies.
[Edit] Also thanks to augments and item buffs and destinies and stuff, you can usually get away with just one or two good weapons. You don't need 6 different types. I guess one of the new quests has oozes in it, so maybe an ooze/rust monster beater might come back into style a bit but eh.

Noricae posted:

I forgot I had this ages ago and never opened it: I have a Raider's Reward box that gives me a choice between any of the Caught in the Web weapons. Are any of them still useful? Other than Sireth, which I think still might be? Unfortunately this is on my artificer, who plans on TRing a bunch more but sticking to artificer or similar builders.

They're all solid 23-26, then Legendary Greensteel takes over. Sireth, Cleaver|Breach, Needle and Pinion stand out. Not sure how Legendary Greensteel Compares to Needle and Pinion in particular actually, ranged weapons can be weird sometimes.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 22, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
Clickies the game is a play style/build thing more than a DDO thing now, you still need some and to optimise to the max you need a lot but the game itself is much easier with new ship buffs, enhancements, mechanic changes and loot so you can get away with the basics now if that was the deal breaker.

Oh yeah they also redid the XP reqs for TRs and lowered the xp by ~550k on 3rd lifers so you don't need to repeat as much, especially with all the new quests. There's still some though.

Noricae posted:

I forgot I had this ages ago and never opened it: I have a Raider's Reward box that gives me a choice between any of the Caught in the Web weapons. Are any of them still useful? Other than Sireth, which I think still might be? Unfortunately this is on my artificer, who plans on TRing a bunch more but sticking to artificer or similar builders.

Needle is really good because of the extra multiplier, it is better than tier 3 TF on trash IIRC so shouldn't be too far behind LGS and it's free*.

Random loot weapons are still pretty bad for non casters in general, no extra multipliers, no extra range, the +w lags, no d12 light x-bows(AFAIK they're all d8 base), you only get 2-3 affixes and rarely augment slots. So if you want a weapon for builds you'll be doing multiple lives of similar builds it's a pretty good option.

As for the others:

Celestia is only good as an off hand on a thrower now with all the +enhancement and other flags that breaks it, even then it's beaten by ToEE gear. So kinda junk ATM.
Balizarde should still be good for the crit juice alone, probably beaten soundly by LGS but the adds(parrying, keen, dodge, luck) are nice and should work out alright for a variety of builds.
Mornh isn't as good as it used to be because of the change to crit profiles, hammers are out and khopeshes/rapiers/scims are back in. Could be alright if you're cool changing imp crit every life in later levels but that sounds annoying.
Pinion is still pretty drat good.
Sireth is also pretty decent for what it is but stick builds are kinda bad now and would not recommend.

The rest I don't think are worth mentioning.

Woden fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 22, 2015

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

DemonMage posted:

They're all solid 23-26, then Legendary Greensteel takes over. Sireth, Cleaver|Breach, Needle and Pinion stand out. Not sure how Legendary Greensteel Compares to Needle and Pinion in particular actually, ranged weapons can be weird sometimes.
Ah cool, yeah I was wondering if the ranged weapons were still good. Great! I can't believe they gave these out. My level 14ish rogue alt still has two boxes on her somehow and the eventual plan was stick build, but :(

I see that they've added some other named items with freedom of movement on it - that's mostly what I'd want Sireth for on an arti (have never had luck with the two raid items dropping for me). It's been a while since I've played ;)

So the first thing I do is jump into ToEE normal hard with a level 7 newly created warlock with default gear (duo with the same played by a friend). Hahaha. We got surprisingly far (end fight) however. And were mostly geared with sort of ok gear by the end from the new loot (which is hilarious - +3 greatclub with sonic and assassinate on it etc). Part 1 was a pretty fun dungeon, but the loot drop rates blow for the named items and crafting ingredients, correct?

Noricae fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 22, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

We've barely done ToEE sadly. The level ranges it's available at make it kind of lackluster =-( Haggis farmed heroic forever to get that badass orb from it, so sure sounds like he either had the worst luck in the world or the drop rate is crap though yeah.

And yeah for Freedom, Orcish Privateer's Boots from Three Barrel Cove epic are fantastic, Speed X isn't quite haste but it's close enough most of the time. And the Iron Mitts there. Both really good, and really common.

Also:

Cordovan posted:

The hotfix will address the following issues:
  • Fixed an issue where several Green Steel weapon effects would not persist through logout.
  • Arcane Warrior now works with ranged weapons.
  • Scion of Elysium's tooltip now makes it clearer that the bonuses apply to your pets.
  • Riposte no longer causes game performance issues.
  • Tendon Slice is no longer the cruelest form of PvP.
  • Insightful and Quality Potency effects now give their proper type of bonus.
  • We have adjusted the horn sounds in To Curse the Sky.
  • Tempest Spine Runes are now accepted by the Tempest Rune Trader instead of Hound of Xoriat Runes, although the tooltip continues to ask for Xorian runes.
  • Adjusted lighting and several other issues in the quest Creeping Death.
  • Fortis should no longer get stuck in an NPC state in the final part of Legendary Shroud.
  • Storm's Harness handwraps no longer lose their shocking effects. A recipe now exists in the Stone of Change to repair handwraps affected by this bug. NOTE: The Stone of Change will remove any Augments placed into the handwraps, so remove the Augments prior to using the Stone of Change.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 22, 2015

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

DemonMage posted:

Haggis farmed heroic forever to get that badass orb from it, so sure sounds like he either had the worst luck in the world or the drop rate is crap though yeah.

I farmed it for somewhere around 3 and a half months, once per day before it dropped.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

Game_Whino posted:

I farmed it for somewhere around 3 and a half months, once per day before it dropped.

Aw, I'm not even going to raise my hopes for an orb now. I read that sometime last January drops were raised for some things (bauble, sands items, royal guard mask etc). Any of you farm for these and see an increase in drops? Trying to motivate myself for Restless Isles farming, which is kind of tedious.

Woden
May 6, 2006
The MotU stuff got a boost and it went from doing a ransack cycle and maybe seeing a ring in Sshind to getting one 50% of the time on EE. ToEE also got a boost at some point but not sure if that was just epic, ToEE on EE drops 1-2 named weapons for me per run(2 man 4 boxes) on launch though drops were horrid.

New sales:

quote:

35% off Sovereign Healing Potions and Challenge Tools, 75% off Artificer Class and +2 Tomes of Fate, 50% off Skill Tomes and Select Cosmetic Armors & Outfits!

85% off Select Expansion and Packs on DDO Market site!

25% off almost all adventure packs

Triple bonus points.

Will probably get that tome of fate finally and whatever adventure packs I may be missing.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The specific old school drops Noricae mentioned were boosted a long time ago, but it wasn't enough to make it remotely common. On top of that basically every single one is out classed by way easier drops to get (which is one of the reasons they haven't bothered to touch them). UMD is so much easier to boost now that the Teleport Mask is a super niche item, combined with the guild teleports. It's main use is low UMD classes in the teens, the rest of the time your UMD will be fine for teleport (or you'll be doing quests clustered together in Eveningstar or whatever that doesn't have Teleport spots).

Bauble I'm not sure about. I've not seen anyone farm one in forever, most people either don't care or already have one I think. It's a nice item, we could use another one in Epic levels. Even if they were mutually exclusive, just so people didn't have to get that pack or back farm for it. Or just put a new Epic Ring of Spell Storing in for epic levels =-p

There's also +5% experience per person (2+) in your party running now until January 3rd. And +50% guild renown.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 24, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
T... Triple bonus points?

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

DemonMage posted:

Bauble I'm not sure about. I've not seen anyone farm one in forever, most people either don't care or already have one I think. It's a nice item, we could use another one in Epic levels. Even if they were mutually exclusive, just so people didn't have to get that pack or back farm for it. Or just put a new Epic Ring of Spell Storing in for epic levels =-p
Any sort of similar spell point clicky is my #1 "Ok I will buy this adventure pack/expansion asap" reason. I have actually gotten a bauble once.. on my rogue who wasn't farming for it. I totally still want a teleport mask and raise dead clicky - the latter more so as I'm often duoing and it'd be nice when TRing and misjudging how prepared we are on elite. How much has UMD boosting changed (say before level 15/16 or so especially)? I guess I need to check out a lot of the newer loot.

Also this reminded me that I need to go farm those MotU Seal rings now that they might actually drop!

Woo, adventure packs. Glad I held off on the three I'm behind on.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

You could probably buy or farm the stuff to make a Raise Dead tier 2 greensteel clicky faster/less annoying than the Restless Isles ring. Or just UMD scrolls.

Level 11 = 7 UMD?
8 charisma + 2 tome + 2 ship + 4 item = 16 = 3 skill
+3 persuasion
+1 big top
+4 greater heroism/ +2 good hope
+2 guild (think it's second tier bonuses by 11)
=
18-20
---
+1 profane spider mask
+6 greensteel tier 3 charisma skill bonus
+0-2 tome
---
up to 27

And that's with 8 charisma and half ranks. That's > 50% chance to Raise Dead with max effort. And like... 20-25% chance without greensteel or tome?
A number of classes are going to want more charisma, or be able to do full ranks, and/or have enhancements or abilities (Warlock/Artificer) to boost UMD.

[Edit] +1/2 good luck as well for another 5-10% chance.

Also I highly recommend Iconic TRing instead of regular TRing. At least try it once and see how you like it, Valisti and I vastly prefer 15-28 (and probably 30, it is a little longer now).

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 24, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
+3 skill tomes kick in at level 9, +4 at 13 and +5 at 17. UMD tomes are hella expensive but skill tomes are 50% off ATM though so if UMD ones are as well now is a good time to buy.

I think with the new lootgen you can get +6 cha at level 11 so master crafted at levels 9 or 10 too, +insightful stats seem to be half the enhancement value so you should be able to get +3 insightful cha on the same item.

No idea on the formula for insightful skills nor the new UMD formula but you can probably get something nice here to add a point or three over persuasion or bunny hat, that's a lot of item swaps for scrolling though. :/

Noricae posted:

Ah cool, yeah I was wondering if the ranged weapons were still good. Great! I can't believe they gave these out. My level 14ish rogue alt still has two boxes on her somehow and the eventual plan was stick build, but :(

Acrobats aren't horrible, they're playable and better than a lot of the non revamped classes they're just weak for a revamped class if you get what I mean. Biggest issue is they need weapons with better than normal crit profiles to stay somewhat relevant after the Imp Crit changes, assassins and bards(I think) got buffed here so that their weapons all perform as well as rapiers but acrobats are stuck with imp crit only adding +1 crit range on normal crit profile staves for some reason.

I keep trying to plan out my final build which I hope will be an acrobat because I love the playstyle but always come up with way better options elsewhere. This new update is interesting though, the new stun feat I can get into high 80's/low 90's without much effort and if I switch to int based and go hard could probably hit 100+ DC. That'd be awesome to get a stun because of No Mercy but not sure if even low 100's is enough for it to be reliable on Legendary Elite, getting conflicting info on the DC's there.

Going to keep playing with it and hopefully by the time Henshin Mystic buffs come about and I'm done TRing there'll be an awesome stick build.

Woden fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 24, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, I knew you could get some more UMD from the new items, but I wasn't sure what you could manage since the original values were bugged. Combined with not playing in the 10ish range since the patch. Also forgot which level skill tomes applied to, thought it was earlier than stat, but figured best to play it safe. We invested in +5 UMD tomes when they were on sale just for the hell of it (which they are now 50% off, so 1022TP). You can also craft a +6 charisma ring of persuasion, that's ML15 (13 with masterful) too which is nice.

It's not really viable to do a bunch of swapping for Heal scrolling, but back before skill tomes and the greensteel change and stuff I've had to do some for rezzing before. Which is another reason I love ITRing. You're leveled up enough to have full access to buffs and equipment and don't have to deal with scraping by. And most of your equipment lasts you 15-20. And you get to avoid a lot of the lovely quests.

Join today. ITR every life.

[Edit] Also gently caress the new destiny feats for finally making up max experience Fatesinger/Sentinel/Flowers instead of just max leveling them.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 24, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
For sure, heroic TRing hasn't been fun ever since they added the burden of guilt and blocked ED twists, having ML 28 random loot as well as cocoon and primal scream owned bones at low levels.

If I had a TR buddy like you dudes seem to have I'd probably feel different, right now it's solo til 12 or so then pug til cap with the occasional guild zerg fest.

quote:

[Edit] Also gently caress the new destiny feats for finally making up max experience Fatesinger/Sentinel/Flowers instead of just max leveling them.
For real? LOL if you didn't max Fatesinger in Epic Crucible getting fast and easy ETRs or at least to get some xp between real quests you really missed out.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Pfft, we maxed our destinies in The House of Rusted Blades before there was diminishing returns for capped characters. 2~ minute runs with an experience potion running. Most boring poo poo ever, but so worth it. There was literally no point in taking those 3 destinies to cap, since they're all pretty terrible and you don't get extra Fate points for maxing the experience and no destiny feat before this patch took 3 destinies capped.

Of course there's enough experience 20-30 that you can max out 3 destinies. They only take 1.9 million experience, that's nothing. We can easily clear all the new level 30 stuff as 28 Fatesinger Warlocks on EH.

[Edit] Getting some epic lives would have been nice though, I figured they might ban or roll back for it. But this is Turbine you get a warning tops. And we were off playing... something anyways, who knows.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 24, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006

DemonMage posted:

Pfft, we maxed our destinies in The House of Rusted Blades before there was diminishing returns for capped characters. 2~ minute runs with an experience potion running. Most boring poo poo ever, but so worth it. There was literally no point in taking those 3 destinies to cap, since they're all pretty terrible and you don't get extra Fate points for maxing the experience and no destiny feat before this patch took 3 destinies capped.

Did the same and hated every minute of it. Had 3 alts I played as much as my main pre MotU but after doing that poo poo once I buried them, gently caress that noise.

quote:

Of course there's enough experience 20-30 that you can max out 3 destinies. They only take 1.9 million experience, that's nothing. We can easily clear all the new level 30 stuff as 28 Fatesinger Warlocks on EH.

[Edit] Getting some epic lives would have been nice though, I figured they might ban or roll back for it. But this is Turbine you get a warning tops. And we were off playing... something anyways, who knows.

Think I got close to 20 EPLs and a fair few Iconic PLs out of Crucible. >.>

Was pretty fun while it lasted and kinda wish I did more, I prefer end game raiding to TR grinding so don't feel guilty at all.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

I did entirely too many runs of impossible demands to cap mine. Have a buddy using limb chopper and drop an ice storm and boom, multiple completions per minute.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Still no way to level off epic destinies for reduced xp is there? :( There's probably profit potential in there for Turbine, so they should probably add this (and boosters in the store ;)).

DemonMage posted:

You could probably buy or farm the stuff to make a Raise Dead tier 2 greensteel clicky faster/less annoying than the Restless Isles ring. Or just UMD scrolls.
Yeah you're right. It was one of those farming things from 6+ yrs ago. And I forgot that it requires good alignment! So, entirely useless to most of my characters.

Woden posted:

No idea on the formula for insightful skills nor the new UMD formula but you can probably get something nice here to add a point or three over persuasion or bunny hat, that's a lot of item swaps for scrolling though. :/
This is the main annoyance - inventory space, or half the time running around with +cha/umd items after I forget to switch back. Also where the hell are my scroll and spell ingredient bags, Turbine? :/

I'd love an acrobat buff, maybe tied to a Harper-like enhancement tree that adds to staff builds (I just redid my art's enhancements and wow, that's a pretty overpowered enhancement tree).

I didn't realize UMD tomes /existed/! Because they don't drop in game (do they?) and I never scrolled down in the shop. Aw man, I thought I was done buying stuff from the store for now. *shakes fist at this thread*

I like leveling TRs from level 1-7 or so and really like running the necro chains (or at least necro3). (Re: Iconic vs normal TRs). I wish Fens and the Carnival were revamped though. (Dislike Gianthold, and Sands is /ok/, so level 12-15 is yawn). Why do you guys like Iconic TRs way more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Because you get to skip 15 levels when TR'ing. I can see the appeal of it as I'm tempted to run some more lives on my main, but the thought of grinding 12 more levels after six lives' worth makes me :suicide:.

• Locked thread