Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That story was massively triggering for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

That story was massively triggering for me.

Are you the bomb?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Truly evil people would recommend the mod to their guildmates, and then whisper "You are the bomb" to random people in the raid!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kessel posted:

the saddest part of that "watch the fight" image is that you can finally play fairly well-designed raids in GW2 without the need for add-ons

too bad only 0.01% of the playerbase will ever see them

I really wish they hadn't called them raids, I assumed they would be awful grindy piles of poop until goons started saying that they're cool and good, and that Gorseval video someone posted seemed to go pretty well even though you guys had a newbie. Gorseval looks like he strikes a good mix of being challenging enough to keep you on your toes, but not so hard that it's an overtuned pile of rear end requiring full ascended with perfect buffs and 50+ wipes before you actually manage to clear him.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Trebuchet King posted:

Are you the bomb?

I'm the beachball alien.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Trebuchet King posted:

Are you the bomb?

TERRORIST ALERT!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

AnacondaHL posted:

Levelling to 80, especially your first time, is the 2nd greatest experience this game has to offer. Enjoy.
What's the first?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Pierson posted:

What's the first?

Bitching on the forums.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I did it guys, I found the King of the Pubbies.

That's Twilight slung across his back, because of course it is.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Based on purely aesthetic concerns, what would people recommend I make my Revenant? I've already got a Female Norn (Warrior) and Male Sylvari (Guardian) for my other Heavy Armor users.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In other raid news, some people are figuring out the fastest clears with crazy damage, enough damage to kill gorsveld without using updrafts.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3xubpi/vc_vale_guardian_312_and_gorseval_322_speedkills/
Hint: it involves lots of warriors.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I did it guys, I found the King of the Pubbies.

That's Twilight slung across his back, because of course it is.

That doesn't look like a human female to me, and he doesn't have a single x in his name.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Ghost of Starman posted:

Based on purely aesthetic concerns, what would people recommend I make my Revenant? I've already got a Female Norn (Warrior) and Male Sylvari (Guardian) for my other Heavy Armor users.

I'm a fan of big races for heavy armor classes, I have a Male Norn Revenant and a Male Charr Guardian. (I also regret that my warrior is a male Sylvari, but he's my only 80 so I cant justify deleting him).

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Vargs posted:

That doesn't look like a human female to me, and he doesn't have a single x in his name.

I'll grant you the X thing, but I said king, not queen. :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pierson posted:

I was going to maybe give HoT a shot because I'm already at peak pretty princess-ness in other MMOs, but from the last few pages it looks like people are already kind of tired of it and bitching about grinding and currencies.

There's just not a lot of content there and new gear, legendaries etc are locked behind a pretty intense grind, if that's your thing have at it, but the appeal of GW2 at least for me was that it was a very laid back game, very casual friendly, you didn't have to grind for anything, they did a huge 180 on that, probably to mask the fact that they charged 50 bucks for a barebones expansion.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Pierson posted:

What's the first?

Doing the thing you choose to do after hitting 80
- Pretty Princess dressup
- Praying they don't further fuckup/kill WvW
- PvP if you're into that, or possibly stabbing yourself over and over
- Quitting

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Ghost of Starman posted:

The most fabulous goddamn tree person ever to go along with the most fabulous glowy effects ever

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Alteisen posted:

There's just not a lot of content there and new gear, legendaries etc are locked behind a pretty intense grind, if that's your thing have at it, but the appeal of GW2 at least for me was that it was a very laid back game, very casual friendly, you didn't have to grind for anything, they did a huge 180 on that, probably to mask the fact that they charged 50 bucks for a barebones expansion.

All good points, you never had to grind for legendaries before.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Softface posted:

My account is over 2 years old and I still don't have an ascended weapon! It's not like the junk you have to grind for really matters.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Softface posted:

Not near as much as you do now. But you're right, you completely invalidated that opinion.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
As far as the xpac being barebones, I'm reserving judgement on that until we see how much more content they release, cause if they do a good living world season 3 and/or season 4, with new maps and stuff then I'll be pretty happy with my purchase cause I think of that stuff as being part of the expansion since we don't have to pay for it.

As it is I'm not super pleased by the expansion (it's mediocre but not awful) but I think that they laid some good groundwork for future expansions so I'm hopeful for the future.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Right now my opinion on HoT is that it's a bad expansion propped up by being part of a good game. The best bit is elite specs which don't actually change all that much, and they're still flawed. They don't fundamentally change the combat, just give a few more options, almost all of which are basically variants of other things that were already in the game. The actual new PvE content is kind of bad and most of the rest of it is open to F2P or base game only players anyway, so doesn't really count imo.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Magres posted:

good living world

great to see that I can always hit up the somethingawful.com forums for the hottest jokes and goofs

:10bux: well spent

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Vargs posted:

great to see that I can always hit up the somethingawful.com forums for the hottest jokes and goofs

:10bux: well spent

Meh, the HoT storyline is about the only thing i find it hard to bitch about.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

Meh, the HoT storyline is about the only thing i find it hard to bitch about.

It's so mindnumbingly boring I can't even be arsed to finished it still...

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Magres posted:

I really wish they hadn't called them raids, I assumed they would be awful grindy piles of poop until goons started saying that they're cool and good, and that Gorseval video someone posted seemed to go pretty well even though you guys had a newbie. Gorseval looks like he strikes a good mix of being challenging enough to keep you on your toes, but not so hard that it's an overtuned pile of rear end requiring full ascended with perfect buffs and 50+ wipes before you actually manage to clear him.

people are already doing dumb things like clearing raid bosses with half a party

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In other raid news, some people are figuring out the fastest clears with crazy damage, enough damage to kill gorsveld without using updrafts.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3xubpi/vc_vale_guardian_312_and_gorseval_322_speedkills/
Hint: it involves lots of warriors.

Looks like it's still the berserker meta.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Softface posted:

You ignored the new gear aspect I mentioned, like the gear you can only get if your VB hits rank 4 and even then its a crapshoot to actually get it but whatever, didn't explain myself properly.

Can someone explain why this multi colored boss teleporting people can lead to a wipe? Watching a streaming and they where doing well, suddenly everyone was downed and the streamer told them to not get teleported as even one person teleported is bad, its one of the raid bosses.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

UchihaHirou posted:

Nice.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

UchihaHirou posted:

Meta. Meta never changes.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

UchihaHirou posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LwF-1WxWY

such beautiful music they make, my children of the night

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Alteisen posted:

You ignored the new gear aspect I mentioned, like the gear you can only get if your VB hits rank 4 and even then its a crapshoot to actually get it but whatever, didn't explain myself properly.

Can someone explain why this multi colored boss teleporting people can lead to a wipe? Watching a streaming and they where doing well, suddenly everyone was downed and the streamer told them to not get teleported as even one person teleported is bad, its one of the raid bosses.

blue circles teleport you

if four people don't stand in green circle, everyone wipes

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Kessel posted:

Everyone not within range of a Mesmer dies maybe.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kessel posted:

That's kinda crazy, so 4 people on the circles, 6 DPSing the boss I guess?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
People have done 5 man kills on VG by abusing mesmer sharing distortion as the green explodes.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Alteisen posted:

Which is why I only said anything about legendaries, I agree with the rest. There's a lot of new grind to complain about, but if you're looking to make a legendary weapon you shouldn't expect to coast your way to it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The daily rewards mess with my need to get 100% completion and that nagging feeling I'll forever fall behind if I don't do them.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Softface posted:

Which is why I only said anything about legendaries, I agree with the rest. There's a lot of new grind to complain about, but if you're looking to make a legendary weapon you shouldn't expect to coast your way to it.

True, like I said I explained badly, my bad. :sweatdrop:

quote:

People have done 5 man kills on VG by abusing mesmer sharing distortion as the green explodes.

That's impressive, is that the only effect that can prevent the damage? Probably because then people would cheese it with signet of stone or endure pain.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Alteisen posted:

That's impressive, is that the only effect that can prevent the damage? Probably because then people would cheese it with signet of stone or endure pain.

I'm sure Anet will nerf it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Mesmers have access to traits that let them both apply Distortion to their self when using a signet (one of which is on a 24s cooldown and is instant/stunbreak) and also apply Distortion to nearby allies when applying to their self, on like a 5 second cooldown. So you have to time it well and stay piled together. Damage prevention like Endure Pain and Signet of Stone only affect yourself and on like a 60+ second cooldown.

It's a creative and skillful way to handle the encounter so naturally

Aleph Null posted:

I'm sure Anet will nerf it.

Because you're supposed to stand in the circles! But you're using your abilities intelligently and not doing it!

• Locked thread