Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Maybe one day we can just have a show that's about girls kissing girls and boys kissing boys with no horrible stuff in it. :(

that's a hilarious joke lololol

man if this was last year there were easy loving choices.

but for my five i'll have to go with Aldnoah Zero for just becoming completely boring and stupid after opening up with such promise, Rolling Girls for being really aimless and bleary with potentially cool and stylish settings, Yuri Kuma for focusing too much on the weird questionable stuff instead of its strong points as being about the structure of fairy tales, Cross Ange for literally the same thing but to even greater extremes (and also making me bitter that they literally just handwaved the guy's clear visible death away to avoid actually having to commit to lesbians, gg), aaaaaaaaaand...i guess Sailor Moon Crystal even though I dropped it before this year even began, because not only was it boring and drab but i don't even have nostalgia to back me up

it's me

i'm the person that never watched sailor moon

...not for lack of loving trying but goddamn did it just never air when i could watch it back in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Yuri Kuma: pretty rough beginning, then managed to even out as completely mediocre and trite romance. Didn't watch that many bad shows this year so the solid 4/10 goes here
KanColle: zzzzzzzz
Rocky Chuck: I know this aired in 1973 but the only reason to watch it is because of Shirobako. It was pretty boring so I watched most of it as my sleeping aid show. The patrican's choice in forestry anime is still Moomin

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Worst shows:

Rokka no Yuusha - Ugh, just ugh, starts off alright and veers right into a boring, uninspired cliff after episode 1.

Danmachi - Protagonist and goddess brushing their teeth was absolutely the best you could get out of the source material because it's gutter trash.

Gangsta - Trying so, so hard to be one of the better known action shows on 10% of the budget and equipped with a terrible rear end story.

Most avoided show:

Chaos Dragon - Whoever watched this past the first episode must've been blind, deaf, dumb as bricks or any combination thereof.

Bad Seafood posted:

It's a deconstr

I feel like you could reuse this post dozens of times a year.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

that's a hilarious joke lololol

man if this was last year there were easy loving choices.

but for my five i'll have to go with Aldnoah Zero for just becoming completely boring and stupid after opening up with such promise, Rolling Girls for being really aimless and bleary with potentially cool and stylish settings, Yuri Kuma for focusing too much on the weird questionable stuff instead of its strong points as being about the structure of fairy tales, Cross Ange for literally the same thing but to even greater extremes (and also making me bitter that they literally just handwaved the guy's clear visible death away to avoid actually having to commit to lesbians, gg), aaaaaaaaaand...i guess Sailor Moon Crystal even though I dropped it before this year even began, because not only was it boring and drab but i don't even have nostalgia to back me up

it's me

i'm the person that never watched sailor moon

...not for lack of loving trying but goddamn did it just never air when i could watch it back in the day

Now take two choices off, as per the op

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Healbot posted:

I feel like you could reuse this post dozens of times a year.
You could.

Though I probably shouldn't have used it here since nobody's claimed Euphonium was a deconstruction.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

You could.

Though I probably shouldn't have used it here since nobody's claimed Euphonium was a deconstruction.

Deconstruct my balls

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gonna have to give me more to work with than that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
hah, Mod Seafood wants more of the little littleorvs

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

We gotta good conga line going here.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'd gently caress the mod also

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I just realized that I haven't actually voted.

Aldnoah S2 for taking an enjoyable show and making GBS threads all over it. The last episode was so mindbogglingly stupid that I'm still kind of in shock over it.

Kancolle for taking shipgirls and making them boring.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

1. Plastic Memories - Plastic is loving right. Everything about this show feels cheap and manufactured. Whatever cool premise this show had, or whatever message it was trying to make, it was lost and squandered. Seriously I despised the two leads. The guy was an idiot who is way too dense to learn his Important Lesson and the girl is a moron with brain damage who we're supposed to find endearing.
2. Cross Ange - The only reason this isn't number one is because I expected it to be bad and held out no hopes. Imagine Mean Girls, only about a penal squad giant robot military prison not-school, and it was written by teenage boys. This show is the anime to MST3K if you and your friends are nerdy enough to do so. This anime also demonstrates that Nana Mizuki is an FYAD-level troll. I will admit though, it was more entertaining than anything else on this list, if only for how easy it was to mock.
3. Gangsta - Just a total disappointment. I liked the premise and the art style, but there was not enough oomph for it to go anywhere. I was actually holding out hope for this one to be a new Jorgumand (I made peace with the fact that nothing will match Black Lagoon :() so I feel cheated and so gently caress you Gangsta you're on the list.

Dishonorable Mention: Kancolle - I get Valkyrie Drive's existence, I don't get this. Why is this popular and why do people like it? Every character looks loving stupid. Every gif looks loving dumb. Every reference is tinged with historical implications. And yet it is still inexplicably popular. Why???

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 24, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Dishonorable Mention: Kancolle - I get Valkyrie Drive's existence, I don't get this. Why is this popular and why do people like it? Every character looks loving stupid. Every gif looks loving dumb. Every reference is tinged with historical implications. And yet it is still inexplicably popular. Why???
girls are cute. i wanna gently caress mutsu. i hope this helps.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kancolle's worst crime is being excruciatingly boring

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a pretty bad crime.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Endorph posted:

girls are cute. i wanna gently caress mutsu. i hope this helps.

ara ara

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

A respectable choice, i think.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Kancolle's worst crime is being excruciatingly boring

Well I never saw it but I'll throw it on my mental list of this anime's crimes!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

A respectable choice, i think.

Seriously this looks so goddamn bad on every level.
Like I can't append any comment to it. You know the gif that has them watersurf? Apparently that's a common piece of animation in the show. In any other anime that would be a black mark that the fans would mock endlessly. This show actually uses it constantly and unashamedly.
I can't top that. There is nothing I can say that would make it more funny or absurd than it already is.

same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Well I never saw it but I'll throw it on my mental list of this anime's crimes!

Seriously this looks so goddamn bad on every level
Like I can't append any comment to it. You know the gif that has them watersurf? Apparently that's a common piece of animation in the show. In any other anime that would be a black mark that the fans would mock endlessly. This show actually uses it constantly and unashamedly.
I can't top that. There is nothing I can say that would make it more funny or absurd than it already is.

same
villain tip: next time, make a post I actually like

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

villain tip: next time, make a post I actually like

Everyone should make a female FE:Fates character and chill out with Camilla.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the shipgirls look cool as hell, even if the waterskating is goofy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i actually think the waterskating looks sort of neat. It could use some added effects of water moving around and stuff but it's not bad looking or anything.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if they have submarine Kancolles.

"These ships should sink... in the depths of my love."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wonder if they have submarine Kancolles.

"These ships should sink... in the depths of my love."

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Endorph posted:

i actually think the waterskating looks sort of neat. It could use some added effects of water moving around and stuff but it's not bad looking or anything.

dogsicle posted:

the shipgirls look cool as hell, even if the waterskating is goofy

Well I disagree with both but if that's your bag have at it.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

idk i think most shipgirls have really lazy designs

drawing a chick with baps and then drawing some guns hanging off her hips isn't especially creative

the bad guy usa ships look cool though

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
1. Ninja slayer Yeah we get it, inferno cop was great. Don't kill the joke
2. Shiroboko Just reminded me about the dipshit idots I work/live with
3. Charlotte Look at how this show can get continually worse

A/Z2 was stupid as gently caress, but I watched it with /a/ so it made it fun

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

idk i think most shipgirls have really lazy designs

drawing a chick with baps and then drawing some guns hanging off her hips isn't especially creative

This. I would be far kinder to it if they at least tried to make the concept marginally interesting. They basically just made mechgirls except even lazier.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

the bad guy usa ships look cool though

Eh, okay yeah I guess I can agree with this.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like the shipgirl fan art people draw but yeah a lot of them are just sailor uniform with guns slapped on. Which is why he abyssal fleet is superior and I will play the game again when Kadokawa lets me play with them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im kind to kantai collection because I want to make out with

*unfurls giant scroll*

tenryuu, kongou, kaga, akagi, tatsutsa, atago, haruna, nagato, naka, hiei, kirishima, mutsu, ooi, takao, souryuu, hiiryu, houshou, fusou, yamashiro, sendai, jintsuu, chitose, chiyoda, mogami, nachi, ashigara, haguro, tone, chikuma, hiyou, shouhou, shoukaku, zuikaku, yamato, agano, noshiro, yahagi, isuzu, kinugasa, musashi, katori, bismarck, akashi, myoukou, uryuu, amagi, katsuragi, akizuki, teruzuki, littorio, roma, mizuho, arashi, hagikaze, umikaze, kawakaze, kashima, wo, re, ta, ri, southern demon, airfield princess, battleship princess, harbour princess, isolated island demon, aircraft carrier demon, midway princess, and harbour water demon

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
what do you have against Prinz Eugen

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

what do you have against Prinz Eugen
*google image searches*

addendum: prinz eugen

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What about Graf Zeppelin and Ru-class??

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

What about Graf Zeppelin and Ru-class??
*google image searches*

addendum 2: graf zeppelin and ru-class

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad Tenryuu is at the front.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Namtab posted:

Now take two choices off, as per the op

poo poo, uhhhh, take off rolling girls and yuri kuma then

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Drawing cute girls is an art in itself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Burbo posted:

I like the shipgirl fan art people draw but yeah a lot of them are just sailor uniform with guns slapped on. Which is why he abyssal fleet is superior and I will play the game again when Kadokawa lets me play with them.

I think this is when I stopped giving a poo poo, when I saw that the Yamato girl was literally just a normal looking girl who's rig was huge and she ate a lot. Like, if you can't even make an interesting design with a super iconic, super unique, thing like that why should I expect you to try for rando ships and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yamato is really cute, and i definitely want to kiss her

• Locked thread