Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Invite sent.

Thank you, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Headshot multipliers are enemy-specific, not weapon-specific. The flamethrower can crit.

I know that they're enemy specific but the flamethrower and DB shotguns can't deal headshot damage so I didn't know if that negated crit damage as well. I might try try going for a Low Blow flamethrower build then.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Tried out the western weapons to get some achievements; boy they really suck huh? The pistol takes forever to reload and the bow takes way longer than it should to notch an arrow. Dynamite was kinda cool though.

Did the Alesso heist for the first time though, that thing was great. I'll need to buy the actual DLC for it. I want that Mateba (please don't suck)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The Western weapons used to be better, but they got mauled by the rebalance. The Repeater was probably the best-balanced weapon Overkill put out, and probably by accident: It was a fraction of a point too weak to one-shot a DW Tan without Underdog up, but otherwise was powerful, accurate, fast to fire, fast to reload, and in exchange you had to deal with bad irons and a bad scope. I really liked it. And now, alas, poo poo. The bow was nice as a concealable HE-delivery mechanism that didn't require shotgun skills, but the Medieval Pack light crossbow supersedes it handily.

So, yes. Western Pack is now a Bad Pack. :rip:

But don't worry about Alesso: the Mateba owns. With the +conceal boost being available now, its biggest problem for fugitives (nonsensically bad concealment vs other revolvers) is more or less fixed up. For everyone else it's great as-is.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I thought it was still shy of 1 shots unless you had Underdog, even with the damage nerf? I don't think they changed any other stat on it honestly, maybe they fiddled with the ammo count. The real loser in the light sniper rebalance is still far and away the Lebensauger though.

And the Mateba is great. Honestly the only reason to even use the Bronco now is that it's free, or if you really want to gimp yourself with a useless one for 33 concealment.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Wait, there are +concealment skins now? That sounds cool.

Not pay 2 dollars cool, but still pretty sweet for those of us who like stealth/dodge.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Nah, even better, you can get the stat boosts from cards/goonmod and throw them on anything.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

I thought it was still shy of 1 shots unless you had Underdog, even with the damage nerf? I don't think they changed any other stat on it honestly, maybe they fiddled with the ammo count. The real loser in the light sniper rebalance is still far and away the Lebensauger though.

was it? I could be remembering wrong. I threw the Repeater into my never to use again pile when the Lebensauger hit and threw it out when the rebalance hit.

also them loving the steakout and lebensauger and similar "I actually bought DLC for this you fuckers" guns is why I'm anti-rebalance but pro-make my own mods. Now if only I could fix Tripwire's similar levels of fuckup in KF2...

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Skunkrocker posted:

Wait, there are +concealment skins now? That sounds cool.

Not pay 2 dollars cool, but still pretty sweet for those of us who like stealth/dodge.

There were always +concealment skins, which were the ones that honestly were pay to win. You can just get the free +concealment boosts for the same effect without paying an exorbitant market price.

Psion posted:

was it? I could be remembering wrong. I threw the Repeater into my never to use again pile when the Lebensauger hit and threw it out when the rebalance hit.

also them loving the steakout and lebensauger and similar "I actually bought DLC for this you fuckers" guns is why I'm anti-rebalance but pro-make my own mods. Now if only I could fix Tripwire's similar levels of fuckup in KF2...

I think all the "light" snipers got normalized to that. Also just make a mod so that Patriarch spawns 100% of the time; that would be a good place to start.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Psion posted:

Just like Stalingrad.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

That was a fun challenge, and I go in hard for christmas-colored stuff.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Man this game's music is on loving point

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Man this game's music is on loving point

It's one of the things that makes game so goddamn great. Simon Viklund is a living saint.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

It's one of the things that makes game so goddamn great. Simon Viklund is a living saint.

Yeah there really is no equal. Le Castle Vania really didn't come close.
The music is kinda funny - many tracks are better in their soundtrack "compressed into one complete track" then the in-game "endles loop with pre-defined parts", while others are amazing in game but the soundtrack version is pretty eh. I really like the 2015 version of Gun Metal Grey as a track, but in-game it's not even half as good.
Also, Clean Getaway is a good track that you barely ever hear the fun parts of, due to where it is in the game :v:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kikas posted:

Yeah there really is no equal. Le Castle Vania really didn't come close.
The music is kinda funny - many tracks are better in their soundtrack "compressed into one complete track" then the in-game "endles loop with pre-defined parts", while others are amazing in game but the soundtrack version is pretty eh. I really like the 2015 version of Gun Metal Grey as a track, but in-game it's not even half as good.
Also, Clean Getaway is a good track that you barely ever hear the fun parts of, due to where it is in the game :v:

You know what's a good track that is equally good in-game AND on the soundtrack? The 2015 version of Crime Wave. Feels pretty intense for the level.

Also, shoutouts to the new Point Break tracks, Locke and Load and Drop Zone.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

widespread posted:

You know what's a good track that is equally good in-game AND on the soundtrack? The 2015 version of Crime Wave. Feels pretty intense for the level.

Also, shoutouts to the new Point Break tracks, Locke and Load and Drop Zone.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/thehypetrain/

I still hope for this to replace the version in game :smith:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/thehypetrain/

I still hope for this to replace the version in game :smith:

I can't even imagine how it feels like to be that wrong.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

watho posted:

I can't even imagine how it feels like to be that wrong.

That's because you don't need to imagine it :colbert:

watho posted:

I still haven't unlocked the Theia scope.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 24, 2015

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Thanks pubbies!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
What else do you use pre-planning for?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
if you aren't drawing dicks on the preplanning screen you arent playing payday

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That's nothing; goons have been drawing dicks in pre-planning since it was added in Big Bank.

It's like with DNF where whenever people got to the dry eraseboard at the start of the game they just drew dicks.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

this fine art created the day pre-planning was released

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

It's for good luck, honest.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
On Death Vox that helipad extends a lot further east.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Discendo Vox posted:

On Death Vox that helipad extends a lot further east.

:boom:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Sadly I'm on my phone and on vacation, so I can't share the preplanning loss.jpg I saw once.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
My crew and I just vandalize the writing in pre-plannning. And draw dicks.

I just realised I've lost all my screenshots I didn't upload to steam when I formatted my PC like 3 months ago, gently caress.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

In non-preplanning hijinks:

We all did our masks up with the Union Jack and changed our names before THE CHORSE joined.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 24, 2015

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The Vertex feels like everything I want in an SMG. How's it hold up on Deathwish? I don't know what the current breakpoints are.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

It works pretty well. It's usually what I pair up with the flamethrower.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The Vertex feels like everything I want in an SMG. How's it hold up on Deathwish? I don't know what the current breakpoints are.

They haven't changed (but remember that they are different than on ovk difficulty due to increased cop health and reduced headshot modifier).

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Sykic posted:

It's for good luck, honest.

holy poo poo i thought this was lost

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Drewjitsu posted:

They haven't changed (but remember that they are different than on ovk difficulty due to increased cop health and reduced headshot modifier).

This isn't exactly true. While cop health and headshot multipliers haven't changed, a more granular damage table means that the breakpoints have moved a little bit.

The long guide has a large table of all breakpoints (beware: the author assumes you have cleaner basic), but here's the ones you're probably interested in:

Overkill:
39.85 - tans dead in 2
79.85 - tans dead in 1

Deathwish:
36.13 - tans dead in 5
39.24 - elites dead in 3
44.98 - tans dead in 4
58.85 - elites dead in 2
60.21 - tans dead in 3
90.32 - tans dead in 2
117.93 - elites dead in 1
180.98 - tans dead in 1

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Just finished Birth of Sky on DW and the enemy spawns are incredible, especially in the sewers. During our first failed run cops were literally spawning in faster than we could murder them. On the second, the distance to escape was mercifully shorter and we made it.

They need to rebalance the sewers portion, with this kind of spawn rate success/failure is essentially dependent on RNG in terms of how much distance lies between you and the boat.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, between the locations of the pallets and the tunnel, RNG can really bone you on that map.

I really enjoy it, though.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I'd call the pallets more of a RNG-fucker. There's some positions (like on top of the truck in the street, or basically anything in the car shop quadrant) that are a hell of a lot harder to take care of than the rest.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

This isn't exactly true. While cop health and headshot multipliers haven't changed, a more granular damage table means that the breakpoints have moved a little bit.

The long guide has a large table of all breakpoints (beware: the author assumes you have cleaner basic), but here's the ones you're probably interested in:

Overkill:
39.85 - tans dead in 2
79.85 - tans dead in 1

Deathwish:
36.13 - tans dead in 5
39.24 - elites dead in 3
44.98 - tans dead in 4
58.85 - elites dead in 2
60.21 - tans dead in 3
90.32 - tans dead in 2
117.93 - elites dead in 1
180.98 - tans dead in 1

And the really nice thing about the rebalance is that there isn't a single gun that goes below those breakpoints unless you're taking a Gruber or something with similarly low damage and putting the silencer on that has the biggest damage penalty. "Every gun is DW viable" always had a grain of truth to it but it's pretty much the norm now.

Wastrel_ posted:

Just finished Birth of Sky on DW and the enemy spawns are incredible, especially in the sewers. During our first failed run cops were literally spawning in faster than we could murder them. On the second, the distance to escape was mercifully shorter and we made it.

They need to rebalance the sewers portion, with this kind of spawn rate success/failure is essentially dependent on RNG in terms of how much distance lies between you and the boat.

For that map you really want someone with an RPG, especially for the sewers in case you get that really nasty triple Skulldozer spawn. It also helps for taking out Winters really fast because he will spawn.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

UnknownMercenary posted:

For that map you really want someone with an RPG, especially for the sewers in case you get that really nasty triple Skulldozer spawn. It also helps for taking out Winters really fast because he will spawn.

Huh? You mean the triple Skulldozer spawn ISN'T a DW tweak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

widespread posted:

Huh? You mean the triple Skulldozer spawn ISN'T a DW tweak?

itll just be 3 green/saigas otherwise