Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
What's he saying at 3:11 and what does it mean? "making GBS threads persho?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wanamingo posted:

That just reminded me, this live feed of abbey road is always worth a laugh. It's a busy street that's constantly being swarmed by tourists, and it always goes exactly like you'd expect.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

people getting hit by a car mid-stride and then yelling "HELP!"?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ayn rand hand job posted:

people getting hit by a car mid-stride and then yelling "HELP!"?

Wrong album :mad:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BerkerkLurk posted:

What's he saying at 3:11 and what does it mean? "making GBS threads persho?"

Shittin' Peugeot! :argh:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
"He's got his old boy out...AGGGHHH"

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm surprised there aren't more accidents in the UK considering they drive on the wrong side of the road all the time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

veedubfreak posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more accidents in the UK considering they drive on the wrong side of the road all the time.

This is the dumbest joke... I ever laughed at.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

veedubfreak posted:

Some brave vehicular pioneers attempt to drive on the other side in some of the videos and it doesn't go well for anyone involved.

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

Data Graham posted:

Shittin' Peugeot! :argh:
Oh good, I was worried it was some sort of racial slur.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

BerkerkLurk posted:

Oh good, I was worried it was some sort of racial slur.

Against the French, maybe.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Foxhound posted:

I will never understand why the UK is filled with people doing 60 on super narrow roads where every corner is completely blind and obscured by bushes. It scared the life out of me when my friend was driving me around near Maidenhead.

People view the national speed limit as a challenge. Ironically those roads are much safer at night because you can see the beams from other cars.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
Plus if you drive those country roads with any frequency, you know to blast your horn on the proper blind turns/hills to let anyone know you're coming.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Pseudohog posted:

The automatic bollards? Here's one

Haha, yes, these are my favorites. I always figured there was pretty significant signage warning people about them, and was surprised to learn that there were flashing lights and street paintings, and people still ignore them.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Wanamingo posted:

That just reminded me, this live feed of abbey road is always worth a laugh. It's a busy street that's constantly being swarmed by tourists, and it always goes exactly like you'd expect.

Clicked link and immediately saw woman leap out into traffic and pose for a photo. This is wonderful.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wanamingo posted:

Why don't they just move the crosswalk to an intersection and put up a traffic light?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Cause it's more entertaining to film idiots getting hit by cars.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulhuite posted:

Plus if you drive those country roads with any frequency, you know to blast your horn on the proper blind turns/hills to let anyone know you're coming.

So I went to youtube to see someone someone driving on those like a maniac but instead found this explanation of how you're supposed to drive on those roads:

https://youtu.be/s2oGoK5DCoU?t=215

"There's evidence of horse riders in the middle of the road"...

We do have some roads like that here and I've driven on some in Germany that are literally only wide enough for one car (so somebody always has to reverse to a widened spot) but at least those never have these loving enormous hedges on the sides.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rosoboronexport posted:

It's from a news site so it might be staged but let's hope it's not.

I have done this once IRL. Luckily I realised before I started the engine and I got the engine drained.

In my defense, the thread on the fill cap is green for some reason.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

im pooping! posted:

They are morons.

Risking jail time for $30 worth of lovely beer, and then failing to execute even that lovely loving plan is pretty much the definition of this thread.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

SpacePig posted:

Haha, yes, these are my favorites. I always figured there was pretty significant signage warning people about them, and was surprised to learn that there were flashing lights and street paintings, and people still ignore them.

First one in the third link clearly knows it's there - it starts with her stopped in front of it, she backs out to let a bus in, and then as soon as the bus is past she guns it to try to sneak through. They (at least some of them) definitely know they're there, they just think they're clever/invincible/lucky/are high on their own farts and if anything fucks up it's not their fault and they can sue.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

President Ark posted:

First one in the third link clearly knows it's there - it starts with her stopped in front of it, she backs out to let a bus in, and then as soon as the bus is past she guns it to try to sneak through. They (at least some of them) definitely know they're there, they just think they're clever/invincible/lucky/are high on their own farts and if anything fucks up it's not their fault and they can sue.

Can they actually sue? It seems like it's pretty clearly their fault, even without the video.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

SpacePig posted:

Can they actually sue? It seems like it's pretty clearly their fault, even without the video.

In addition to not being able to sue, they have to pay for any damage to the bollard IIRC.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Plucky Brit posted:

People view the national speed limit as a challenge. Ironically those roads are much safer at night because you can see the beams from other cars.

I've lived in enough places with country lanes to see enough HALFORDS 'pumped up' Uno or 106's ploughed into the ditches on the side of those roads to know that is not always the case.
One road in particular that was very popular among boy racers was about a mile long stretch with a very tight corner and a stream at the end that ALWAYS had it's barrier mashed in. They even put up concrete bollards but those got walloped too.

Rondette has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Dec 23, 2015

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A heartwarming Christmas tale; a colleague's girlfriend works in a second-hand electronics goods store, and had a guy come in this week to sell an iPod Touch. As per policy she asked him to leave it for an hour while they charge and test it, and then come back for his money. So they charged it, tested it and then found that not only was the iPod on the local register for stolen goods, but there was a photo on there of him and another guy standing in a grow room with several hundred good-sized cannabis plants. So the bloke comes back for his money, gets followed home by the police, and they nick him and the four other people who were living there. Merry Christmas, lads!

If you had thousands of pounds worth of weed in your house, why the gently caress would you risk or even bother selling a stolen iPod for 50 quid?

Edit: Someone has just pointed out that the answer to this is probably that he was some poor sod in the UK illegally, living in semi-slavery rather than getting rich off that weed, and fifty quid in his pocket right before Xmas looked pretty drat appealing. Bah.

Sanford has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Dec 23, 2015

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

veedubfreak posted:

This, but unironically, considering that the UK is an hour away from a continent full of countries that drive on the other side. People hop over the ditch all the time - just go to another freakin' country for the weekend. How they cope with the change in driving is beyond me.

It's dumb anyway. We should all standardise to right-hand side and finished, since that's what most people use.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Dec 23, 2015

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Hyperlynx posted:

This, but unironically, considering that the UK is an hour away from a continent full of countries that drive on the other side. People hop over the ditch all the time, just go to another freakin' country for the weekend. How they cope with the change in driving is beyond me.

It's dumb anyway. We should all standardise to right-hand side and finished, since that's what most people use.

I'm from the UK and when I went to America it didn't take me too long to get used to driving on the other side. However those roads are absolutely huge and when one of my friends did actually drive the wrong way down Route 66 everyone had so much time to casually get out of the way we didn't even notice for about half a minute.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Lemon posted:

I'm from the UK and when I went to America it didn't take me too long to get used to driving on the other side. However those roads are absolutely huge and when one of my friends did actually drive the wrong way down Route 66 everyone had so much time to casually get out of the way we didn't even notice for about half a minute.

I was the duty driver one night in England and spent the whole night driving people back-and-forth to the pier / hotel / restaurant / whatever. It wasn't hard to drive (or to remember to drive) on the other side and the rules seem pretty much the same, but drat did it freak me out the first time I looked over at the car next to me and saw some little kid sitting in what my brain told me was the driver's seat.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Tarantula posted:

I had completely forgotten about Takeshi Castle until Youtube reminded me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08fnIZfTpg
Is it bad that I remember every single one of those clips? Although they didn't post the best Log Drop, the one where the very large lady takes one step, then smashes her face into the log before rebounding back into the other one.

And for the deaf person you might be able to find the DVDs somewhere, I own every season except 3 I think and CC is an option.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've desperately searched for someplace that has MXC closed captioned or subtitled, to no avail :( I'm deaf, so they really aren't optional for me. Similarly, finding subtitled MST3K episodes is a pain in the rear end when Netflix keeps taking them back down.

Hulu has all of MXC available, and it's usually pretty good about subtitles, so you might check there!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lemon posted:

Of course that's partly because Route 66 is decommissioned and abandoned for much of its length nowadays. :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SubponticatePoster posted:

Is it bad that I remember every single one of those clips? Although they didn't post the best Log Drop, the one where the very large lady takes one step, then smashes her face into the log before rebounding back into the other one.

And for the deaf person you might be able to find the DVDs somewhere, I own every season except 3 I think and CC is an option.
That video was actually a repost of the season 1 from this series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30w5pw8Dg7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gry5USP5jVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF0MdsbXSQs

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Dec 24, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've desperately searched for someplace that has MXC closed captioned or subtitled, to no avail :( I'm deaf, so they really aren't optional for me. Similarly, finding subtitled MST3K episodes is a pain in the rear end when Netflix keeps taking them back down.

The Schaden is me. Entertainment distributors care not for me and my broken ilk. :emo:

Does somebody in your situation ever use Youtube auto subtitles? Probably won't work with MXC because the best lines are said under the announcer's breath, I'm just curious.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Does somebody in your situation ever use Youtube auto subtitles? Probably won't work with MXC because the best lines are said under the announcer's breath, I'm just curious.

Youtubes auto-subtitles are getting better, but they still aren't very good unless they're like Markiplier, with a deep voice and clear pronunciation. Even then, it still only gets it right ~70% of the time.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Want some real wrong lane driving goodness, try the US Virgin Islands. Lived there for a couple years. Use American cars and drive on the left side of the road. Nothing like riding the fog line all the time on minimally maintained roads.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

One of my cats did this the other day. I was playing with him with a pom-pom on a string on the end of a stick. He grabbed the pom-pom in his mouth and started to walk off with it, with the end of the stick still in my hand. So I dropped the stick, so that he can drag his "kill" off and play with it.

He takes off, running away from the stick, but doesn't let go of the pom-pom. So he ends up doing two laps of the apartment, chased by a stick he is dragging behind him, me laughing my arse off. So, like that gif, only it was his own stupid fault for not just letting go.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

One of my cats did this the other day. I was playing with him with a pom-pom on a string on the end of a stick. He grabbed the pom-pom in his mouth and started to walk off with it, with the end of the stick still in my hand. So I dropped the stick, so that he can drag his "kill" off and play with it.

He takes off, running away from the stick, but doesn't let go of the pom-pom. So he ends up doing two laps of the apartment, chased by a stick he is dragging behind him, me laughing my arse off. So, like that gif, only it was his own stupid fault for not just letting go.

this other predator wants to take my score!

yea, real stupid

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let me tell you how to trap a monkey

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

KoRMaK posted:

this other predator wants to take my score!

yea, real stupid

If he was running away from me, to preserve his kill, he'd have run under the couch and stopped. Instead, he ran directly away from the stick, turned when he ran out of room, and kept fleeing. He ran past me twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hyperlynx posted:

If he was running away from me, to preserve his kill, he'd have run under the couch and stopped. Instead, he ran directly away from the stick, turned when he ran out of room, and kept fleeing. He ran past me twice.

No the stick is the other predator.