Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Require More Fire posted:

I've been working on leveling my Demo (just hit 10), and I just don't see the value in C4 simply because of how limited your supply is. 4 wads of it really doesn't stretch far in the later waves, and it's pretty expensive to restock. But Demo and Zerk are my worst classes by far so maybe I'm just not cut out for explosives.

C4 is awful in terms of dosh/effectiveness (in a class already having problems with that) until you level up and get enough of the +ammo perk bonuses, which I think come every 5 levels so uh, demo level 20-25. Enjoy that. (actually enjoy RPG + deagles)

Once you get enough capacity to carry more C4 due to that perk bonus it becomes more cost-effective to just sell your C4 completely and rebuy it entirely at each trader pod than to use the restock function. I think you top out at 8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

You should be able to carry more C4 off perk.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
C4's melee bash attack should automatically stumble/knockdown a zed and attach a charge to them if you hit them in the face.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

C4's melee bash attack should automatically stumble/knockdown a zed and attach a charge to them if you hit them in the face.

That was the one saving grace for me in Gears of War's multiplayer.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ChickenHeart posted:

The C4 melee bash is awesome if you use it without any C4. You can cause a zed's head to explode just by punching it hard enough. :black101:

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

closeted republican posted:

The C4 melee bash is awesome if you use it without any C4. You can cause a zed's head to explode just by punching it hard enough. :black101:

I do this with the welder sometimes

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

She Bangs the Drums posted:

I do this with the welder sometimes

One of the various"This is a completely trivial non issue" quirks I've noticed is that killing something 100% with welder or syringe bashing alone didn't give you any experience. I haven't bothered to check if that's still the case, but then not like it matters in the grand scheme of exp gains.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Part of me thinks you should get double xp just for how stupid that is, but then I know there would be welder melee only lobbies and just :negative:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Psion posted:

Part of me thinks you should get double xp just for how stupid that is, but then I know there would be welder melee only lobbies and just :negative:

A bunch of max-level Zerks beating the poo poo out of everything with the Welder or C4less C4 melee attack in a Normal server would be hilarious. :allears:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Two things you should be able to with the welder: weld holes into doors that you can shoot through, and spin it around by hitting reload.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I somehow have a headband in my inventory even though I was only able to get in a small handful of games since the pat was introduced. :confused:

Dont recall any notifications involving an item.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Two things you should be able to with the welder: weld holes into doors that you can shoot through...

If only every game had R6: Siege's destruction.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

you can't detonate C4 while running

tripwire, loving us again,

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

C4 is awful in terms of dosh/effectiveness (in a class already having problems with that) until you level up and get enough of the +ammo perk bonuses, which I think come every 5 levels so uh, demo level 20-25. Enjoy that. (actually enjoy RPG + deagles)

Once you get enough capacity to carry more C4 due to that perk bonus it becomes more cost-effective to just sell your C4 completely and rebuy it entirely at each trader pod than to use the restock function. I think you top out at 8?
I know the current hotness is to bitch about Hans but man loving :laffo: at the pitiful state that Demo is currently in (and has been in since it came out). I enjoy that like half the advice for playing demo is literally "don't play demo on wave X" and "buy a gunslinger weapon instead until you get the RPG".

I just wanna M79 some Zeds mang

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

frozenpeas posted:

I'm serious. Seeing how insanely terrible that fight is makes me worried about the overall vision that Tripwire has for their game. Who the hell thinks being randomly one shot from full health with no counterplay is something that people want?
In their defense Patriarch can do this too but you go flying out of the skybox and it's funny.

Psion posted:

Attn Tripwire: We solved the Hans problem in mumble tonight.

Replace him with Hans Gruber.
then replace HIM with Uli Kunkel / Karl Hungus

intro line is him talking about how der iz a problem mit ein cable

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 24, 2015

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

closeted republican posted:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Shumagorath posted:

In their defense Patriarch can do this too but you go flying out of the skybox and it's funny.

then replace HIM with Uli Kunkel / Karl Hungus

intro line is him talking about how der iz a problem mit ein cable

Thinking about this put me over the edge. I bought it. :black101:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Being a Jew, Killing Floor on Christmas is about the only tradition I have for this accursed holiday. Looks like there's no red Christmas this year :(

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

TW's forums are white text on gray background. I have found my sleep aid.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Being a Jew, Killing Floor on Christmas is about the only tradition I have for this accursed holiday. Looks like there's no red Christmas this year :(

Santa Patriarch is the best, isn't he?

"SEVEN SIX TWO FROM ME TO YOU." BRAAAAAP

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Snollygoster posted:

Santa Patriarch is the best, isn't he?

"SEVEN SIX TWO FROM ME TO YOU." BRAAAAAP

He's got nothing on the Gingerbread Gorefast
"I'M DELICIOUS" :gonk:

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope next year they do it and release a remake of the ice caves map
I always liked that map

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

A friend of mine told me they said no events during EA. I guess we missed a cool Halloween event too, ah well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I definitely need to stop playing with pubs as none of them still seem to know how to handle scrakes or not to agro all the FPs at once and just run away for you to deal with them all.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Crabtree posted:

I definitely need to stop playing with pubs as none of them still seem to know how to handle scrakes or not to agro all the FPs at once and just run away for you to deal with them all.

I played a game on Normal earlier where a level 12 medic did nothing but kill. No healing. Even when he was chasing down a zed that was murdering a near-dead teammate, he shot the Zed, and never once fired a dart into the teammate. It was something to see.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

This game feels real fun and even as a babby level 1 Commando I'm doing fine, right up until all 3 matches I've played now ended with Hans killing everyone, including the higher level dudes around.

At least we got him to assumedly death's door each time, he was red and sparkin like a sonofabitch but he just wouldn't go down.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Yardbomb posted:

This game feels real fun and even as a babby level 1 Commando I'm doing fine, right up until all 3 matches I've played now ended with Hans killing everyone, including the higher level dudes around.

At least we got him to assumedly death's door each time, he was red and sparkin like a sonofabitch but he just wouldn't go down.

:xcom: but for killing floor 2

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dude named Escadin having a meltdown in the Hans thread because we're all full of bullshit and everybody should be dumping their microwave guns, RPGs, and magnums to carry pulverizers to interrupt Hans' melee. He's pulling that Reason and Logic nonsense when he's getting all mad and misquoting even the strawmen he's coming up with. It's great:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=115248

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 26, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A friend told me that there's nothing wrong with Hans and the community is just a bunch of pussies, just pull your knife out when Hans rushes, problem solved.

Says he only plays on suicidal but I'm not inclined to believe him with a statement like that.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

A friend told me that there's nothing wrong with Hans and the community is just a bunch of pussies, just pull your knife out when Hans rushes, problem solved.

Says he only plays on suicidal but I'm not inclined to believe him with a statement like that.

Even on Suicidal, Hans becomes easier when you pull out a knife when he goes into melee mode.

He's still stupidly hard though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Day 2 of babby level KF2: The boomhammer thing is rad as gently caress and makes me wanna play Berserker more

Also Kakihara colors Tanaka is the best.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

It's a valid solution, and I think that complicates the problem. Hans is beatable, but it seems like the best strategies boil down to "go Support/Zerker with some medics, be good at using your knife to block." And most people probably don't like that solution because it's formulaic and boring, and it locks you into specific roles simply in case you get Hans.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's a valid solution, and I think that complicates the problem. Hans is beatable, but it seems like the best strategies boil down to "go Support/Zerker with some medics, be good at using your knife to block." And most people probably don't like that solution because it's formulaic and boring, and it locks you into specific roles simply in case you get Hans.

I thought his attack was unblockable loving would be nice to know these things instead of "Hans turns colors when his health is low"

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

I thought his attack was unblockable loving would be nice to know these things instead of "Hans turns colors when his health is low"

The "unblockable attack" thing is confusing. My experience (which could be wrong) is that the glowing red attacks are "unparryable," which is to say that parrying (or blocking) that particular attack reduces damage, but does not cause the attacker to stagger. Thus, you should still parry/block, because you're still reducing the damage you take. Maybe you'll die in 3 hits, instead of just 1 or 2 :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hans' melee is parry-able, but you still take damage from it if I'm remembering right. The window is also really tight and doesn't line up with his hitbox. His opening strike where he does like the double claw leap thing LOOKS like it strikes around your middle but you actually want to be aiming near his face in order to parry it.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The "unblockable attack" thing is confusing. My experience (which could be wrong) is that the glowing red attacks are "unparryable," which is to say that parrying (or blocking) that particular attack reduces damage, but does not cause the attacker to stagger. Thus, you should still parry/block, because you're still reducing the damage you take.

Someone ought to point this out to the game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also there's the thing where you need certain weapons to parry/block certain Zeds, I think only the Pulverizer allows you to parry Hans and FP attacks.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kikas posted:

Also there's the thing where you need certain weapons to parry/block certain Zeds, I think only the Pulverizer allows you to parry Hans and FP attacks.

Nope, that's just the block and parry function randomly not working for no reason. They never fixed that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Jesus christ, I am such an idiot.

I never noticed you can sprint backwards

Berseker becomes a God once you figure that out, I just soloed a wave with 85 Zeds left of a 6 man, with 3 Scrakes in the works. Awesome feeling. even if it was just hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Kikas posted:

Jesus christ, I am such an idiot.

I never noticed you can sprint backwards

Berseker becomes a God once you figure that out, I just soloed a wave with 85 Zeds left of a 6 man, with 3 Scrakes in the works. Awesome feeling. even if it was just hard

Zerker is god once you get over level 10 and speed boost starts to become noticeable. at level 20 right now and running fast is fun