Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

radical meme posted:

Yeah those lunch counters that had signs posted saying "Whites Only".

You don't gently caress over people that are already in your corner and expect to gain support. These people are idiots.

edit: Martin Luther King is not famous for his march in Minneapolis. He matched down the street of Birmingham and defied Bull Connor, one of the most racist shitbags in America. But, yeah, lets gently caress over the people of Minneapolis to show how brave and edgy they are.

Comfy white people who are so terrified of change that they will fight tooth and nail to stop it are pretty much the #1 block pushing back against BLM.

They should burn down the mall of america but my desire to see that has nothing to do with justice or equality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
A BLM protest in Chicago on Black Friday resulted in this picture

So they're still cool with me

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Badger of Basra posted:

Did you not hear about the black guy murdered by Minneapolis police?

lmao it's even in the url of his link but i'm sure he couldn't be bothered to notice in his rage against BLM inconveniencing people

forums poster radical meme in a previous life, mayhap?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

lmao it's even in the url of his link but i'm sure he couldn't be bothered to notice in his rage against BLM inconveniencing people

forums poster radical meme in a previous life, mayhap?

Yes, by all means, trash the messenger. These people are their own worst enemy and they have succeeded in alienating and infuriating their own communities and even liberals and progressives who would otherwise support them but, you know, hey their making progress right? Like everyone now knows that BLM hates white people as much as much as all white people hate and despise blacks. (imagine I posted that ever growing ironicat here if I knew how to do it) What progress they have made. These people are the worst social activists ever.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Nah, loving with peoples travels around Christmas is a lovely thing to do and won't help them achieve their desired goals.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

radical meme posted:

Yes, by all means, trash the messenger. These people are their own worst enemy and they have succeeded in alienating and infuriating their own communities and even liberals and progressives who would otherwise support them but, you know, hey their making progress right? Like everyone now knows that BLM hates white people as much as much as all white people hate and despise blacks. (imagine I posted that ever growing ironicat here if I knew how to do it) What progress they have made. These people are the worst social activists ever.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

radical meme posted:

you sound like a monumental baby

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Minneapolis BLM is actually pretty effective, they've worked with the city council to pass criminal justice reform legislation and they had a city council member at the rally.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Political protests are most effective when you can ignore them completely.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

MaxxBot posted:

Minneapolis BLM is actually pretty effective, they've worked with the city council to pass criminal justice reform legislation and they had a city council member at the rally.

yes but what does that do for the white people at the airport???

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Yes this protest at the Minneapolis-St Paul International airport is only inconveniencing stuffy white people, it's only white people that have an issue with this

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Effectronica posted:

Political protests are most effective when you can ignore them completely.

Well if I can't ignore them completely then I can't badmouth them for being do nothing internet activists!!!!!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

nerve posted:

Yes this protest at the Minneapolis-St Paul International airport is only inconveniencing stuffy white people, it's only white people that have an issue with this

I've only seen absolute crackers complaining about it. :shrug:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Good Citizen posted:

A BLM protest in Chicago on Black Friday resulted in this picture

So they're still cool with me

Want to emptyquote this

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

radical meme posted:

I wish there'd be more Mad Whitey meltdowns in USPol, they're always hilarious.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And I'm sure their protest will accomplish everything they intended it too; which is what exactly? Seriously, what was the purpose? Anyone?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

radical meme posted:

And I'm sure their protest will accomplish everything they intended it too; which is what exactly? Seriously, what was the purpose? Anyone?

because maybe someday you will realize how much of a moron you are right now

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

radical meme posted:

You're making the protest succeed with every teary post you make about it.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

radical meme posted:

I'm glad they managed to make you angry, at least.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

radical meme posted:

If I understand it correctly they're basically like those pink ribbons are for breast cancer awareness or something?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

hmm why wont these people go silently into the night so i never think about them ever again

really makes u think

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Effectronica posted:

You're making the protest succeed with every teary post you make about it.

So I should ignore it? Chalk it up to stupid people doing something stupid. Good advice. Consider it done.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

radical meme posted:

make you wail like a giant baby

no, seriously

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

radical meme posted:

So I should ignore it? Chalk it up to stupid people doing something stupid. Good advice. Consider it done.

Don't sign your posts.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

from that article :wow:

quote:

"While I'm delayed an hour and half to get back to my family for Christmas, I know there are several black families mourning the loss of innocent black men," said Griffin, a 29-year-old from Minneapolis. "My mom is a little bit annoyed, but she's going to see me this holiday season."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
e nvm

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 24, 2015

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Lessail posted:

from that article :wow:

but dont expect radical meme to read his own article or have any moment of introspection

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

radical meme posted:

If you could have you would have. You can't, so you won't. The only escape would be to remodel your mind. I would suggest turning on, tuning in, and dropping out.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Which terminal was it anyways? If it was the Lindbergh terminal blocking the two security checkpoints near the delta counters means you have to walk for like 5 minutes to one of the smaller ones. I guess they couldn't handle the volume hence the delay. But that doesn't seem like a very effective thing to do.

They could have shut down the entire Humphrey terminal though but that's "just" Southwest and lol at shutting down a few flights to Chicago from a low cost carrier at a loving delta hub.

I only post this to say I think the MoA was more effective.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 24, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

After reviewing the facts, I don't think there's ever been a protest that wasn't hurting their own cause.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

radical meme posted:

if the choice is between 1) ignoring it, regardless of what you chalk it up to; 2) doing what you're doing; 3) sympathizing, you should choose option 3) if you aren't an absolute scumbag. but failing that, please stick to 1) because 2) is just embarrassing for you

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

radical meme posted:

So let's say, for the sake of argument, that BLM have legitimate grievances.

Do you feel the issues that they're trying to raise awareness of are less important than whether or not some people are inconvenienced around Christmas time? Do you think that being inconvenienced by a protest is in any way a legitimate reason to stop supporting a cause that's just? And if you don't, then why shouldn't BLM protest in the most publicly visible way possible? If you do, why should BLM care what you think since your opinion of them is already so low that you're willing to put your convenience above their lives?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Its fun seeing the policing priorities: make sure the shopping mall isn't disrupted but shut down some security checkpoints and blame protestors at the airport.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Its fun seeing the policing priorities: make sure the shopping mall isn't disrupted but shut down some security checkpoints and blame protestors at the airport.

How dare the Bloomington PD handle something in Bloomington instead of an airport in Saint Paul with its own independent police force.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Doesn't Minnesota have really bad income inequality between the races as well?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

How dare the Bloomington PD handle something in Bloomington instead of an airport in Saint Paul with its own independent police force.

That argument would make more sense if mutual aid didn't exist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Swan Oat posted:

Doesn't Minnesota have really bad income inequality between the races as well?

No see it's a blue state so how DARE they

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Our greatest path to victory is by just assuming every white person in 'liberal leaning' areas is on our side and will fight for our rights" ~ MLK or someone else maybe I dunno

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

That argument would make more sense if mutual aid didn't exist.

Mutual aid between which departments here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Effectronica posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

lol

• Locked thread