Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
So what is the difference between runescape 2 and 3 are they the same game? The graphics in 3 look better than the OP so is it just a client, where are goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Usenet Magic-User posted:

So what is the difference between runescape 2 and 3 are they the same game? The graphics in 3 look better than the OP so is it just a client, where are goons?

Runescape 3 is a large update to the general game of Runescape, that is where most of the goons are.

The history of RS is something like:
pre:
Runescape Classic -> Runescape 2 -> Runescape HD -> Runescape 3
							-> Darkscape
					         -> Old School Runescape
							-> Deadman Mode
RS3 is the current main game, Oldschool Runescape (OSRS) is an officially run fork of an old version of the game and Darkscape/Deadman mode are pvp focused forks of RS3 and OSRS respectively.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Read posted:

Runescape 3 is a large update to the general game of Runescape, that is where most of the goons are.

The history of RS is something like:
pre:
Runescape Classic -> Runescape 2 -> Runescape HD -> Runescape 3
							-> Darkscape
					         -> Old School Runescape
							-> Deadman Mode
RS3 is the current main game, Oldschool Runescape (OSRS) is an officially run fork of an old version of the game and Darkscape/Deadman mode are pvp focused forks of RS3 and OSRS respectively.

Thanks I will just use the main client in this case and go crazy

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Thought I'd try this again since I'm bored out of my skull, all 3 accounts that I had are either permabanned or permamuted for stuff like botting and spamming goldselling sites and there's no way to appeal it :psyduck:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

happened to me, too, someone got into your account and I believe they have a zero-tolerance policy on botting so no one is even going to look at your appeal

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
How does that happen without actively pursuing weird third-party websites/applications?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Foreskin Problems posted:

How does that happen without actively pursuing weird third-party websites/applications?

There are a lot of vectors for attack that don't require you to do something recent to the intrusion.

For instance if you signed up to a website using credentials similar to or linkable to your Rs account and that site had poor security and was consequently compromised. If the intruder is competent enough they'll leverage those credentials to attack other accounts of yours.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
We need 1 more person to do citadel this week so we can make upkeep! So if you are in the market for some semi-afkable cooking experience (we only need rations) please please please go do some citadel so I don't have to do more citadel on my alt!

On another point of clan news, I've ranked most all of you up to admin, as I've seen you, so now pretty much everyone in the clan should be able to use the avatar which gives a +6% exp boost if you are next to it or a +3% on the same world because people really weren't using them all that much and the exp boost tends to help a lot! So use the avatars!

One last clan note, because it's always been a pain to get people to do the citadel week to week because the incentive really isn't that high, I've decided from the next building tick onward The first 5 people to cap at cit and contribute to upkeep each week will get a bond

This means the first person to do citadel after the tick can get a bond and insane crafting exp at the loom but everyone after them has to chop wood, rations, etc, etc. If that isn't enough incentive to do citadel I'm not sure what is.

I'll likely being doing this on an honor system, but I will periodically check just to make sure so please don't abuse this!

Goon Christmas Presents
Anyways, I've decided I'm giving everyone I see in the next 2 weeks or so a Christmas present, and not a boring generic here is item one, I wanted something with some randomness to it! That said I decided to give everyone the loot from inside of a wishing well bush!

The bushes spew a random loot based roughly around the value you spent on them (based on your total levels) so you can expect your gift to be anywhere from 25%~300% of 600k. Presents are manditory I will find you!

Here is a list of possible rewards. and here are 3 examples of the Manditory Goon Christmas Gifts that I've given out thus far!

Mouse Fitz:

Lapses:

Sveiningos:

Sveiningos kinda got RNG screwed but I mean that's half the fun of christmas I guess!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I'm capping the rations now!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Soup du Jour posted:

I'm capping the rations now!

:hellyeah: “Elf shot the food” :page3:

Subtle Boomerang
Feb 19, 2010

meow
I finished capping on the rations. Sorry would of capped earlier in the week but I just had to do Ritual of the Mahjarrat and The World Wakes back to back. Holy poo poo those were some interesting quests.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Subtle Boomerang posted:

I finished capping on the rations. Sorry would of capped earlier in the week but I just had to do Ritual of the Mahjarrat and The World Wakes back to back. Holy poo poo those were some interesting quests.

Doing the World Wakes right after release, before anybody knew the gigantic spoiler, was one of the coolest moments I've ever had in RS.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
I have returned only to find curses I can't use,guess it's time to do MEP1, MEP2, etc........ :smithicide:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

You should be doing them to get to Prif anyhow buster.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

You should sack the whole thing off and play darkscape!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Cit still needs normal/precious ore, bars, cloth and logs done. I've capped both the blue and brown avatars on charcoal so if you're going to use one you might as well finish the fire one, but I think we're good on charcoal so maybe pick whatever is getting the least attention.

Oh also me and I think Djortgo capped, maybe someone else too (there were 3 visitors this week at that point).

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

If I mine my rear end off tonight (midnight EST), will I make it in time?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

If I mine my rear end off tonight (midnight EST), will I make it in time?

Yeah, because the citadel resets on Sunday. Always nice to have people do things as early as possible though.

Muffin Rhino
Dec 31, 2006

I am SO gay for Doctor Cox.
I am now posting in the thread in order to join the clan

the name is, you guessed it, MuffinRhino

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
So it turns out the best pubbie troll in the entire world, is to spoil the new Star Wars for them. HOLY poo poo is it absolutely amazing.

Vizzerdrix
Nov 17, 2014
I'm not sure how you want the proof of cap, but here's me done capping , 5th visitor.
I was fourth visitor last time, but didn't screenshot it that time.
http://imgur.com/m1ze9Ic

Vizzerdrix fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 4, 2016

allta
Mar 28, 2011
After this week I've decided I'm redacting the bonds for capping, if I still owe you one for this week or last week let me know and ill be sure to get it to you! (I haven't forgotten about you Nintendo kid!)

As great a system the bonds are they aren't really sustainable at 5 per week and not really practical to split it up over multiple weeks.

The way I see it the 500k/cap from before wasn't enough of an incentive to do citadel at all, so it ended up dilapidated for a few weeks off and on there, and on the flip side a bond a week is too much of an incentive and too costly from the clan fund perspective unless I became super aggressive with my flips or started staking weekly.

That said I do have a question for you all: What do you think a good incentive would be for the citadel?

I will be on more after tomorrow, I've had a busy few weeks with holidays and I really am sorry I haven't been around as much as I'd like!

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

guys guys guys, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYnzEeIbWjs

I'm done, I'm finally do-

Old School RuneScape News posted:

Once you are all Christmassed out you can start looking forward for the launch of Zeah, the new continent on January 7th. In phase one, which is due in January, you will be able to explore the magnificent city of Great Kourend.

You must earn favour with the main Houses of the city to unlock their benefits, below are just some of the things you can look forward too.
  • Necromancy spellbook
  • Blast mining activity
  • The blood and soul rune altars
  • Tithe farming activity
  • New weapons and armour
  • A new race of Lizardmen to battle
    and much more.

OSRS Wiki posted:

Great Kourend is a city that was once torn to pieces by the 5 houses trying to rise to power and take control. A king rose and united these houses, bringing peace and order to the city.

That king is now dead, and once again, the 5 houses are struggling for power. Your choices in the city of Great Kourend help decide how much favour you earn with each house.

Earning favour with each house comes with different advantages in various different skills.

Oh and a little thing called Invention due to hit RuneScape proper at the end of the month

:negative: it never ends

Read
Dec 21, 2010

allta posted:

After this week I've decided I'm redacting the bonds for capping, if I still owe you one for this week or last week let me know and ill be sure to get it to you! (I haven't forgotten about you Nintendo kid!)

As great a system the bonds are they aren't really sustainable at 5 per week and not really practical to split it up over multiple weeks.

The way I see it the 500k/cap from before wasn't enough of an incentive to do citadel at all, so it ended up dilapidated for a few weeks off and on there, and on the flip side a bond a week is too much of an incentive and too costly from the clan fund perspective unless I became super aggressive with my flips or started staking weekly.

That said I do have a question for you all: What do you think a good incentive would be for the citadel?

I will be on more after tomorrow, I've had a busy few weeks with holidays and I really am sorry I haven't been around as much as I'd like!

You can keep the bond for my cap last week, I definitely agree it's too much to give out; maybe try 1-2m? You can always vary it over time if it's too much or too little to keep people capping.

Although it may not even be a problem soon if Invention draws enough people back in, which hopefully it will.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Soulhunter posted:

guys guys guys, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYnzEeIbWjs

I'm done, I'm finally do-

Oh and a little thing called Invention due to hit RuneScape proper at the end of the month

:negative: it never ends

Frankly, the mention of a Necromancy spellbook just makes me curious if any of this new stuff for "old-school" will ever have a version made for a main game. Whilst I certainly greatly look forward to invention, part of me really really wants to be able to do necromancy. Dunno why.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

Frankly, the mention of a Necromancy spellbook just makes me curious if any of this new stuff for "old-school" will ever have a version made for a main game. Whilst I certainly greatly look forward to invention, part of me really really wants to be able to do necromancy. Dunno why.

Necromancy is on the list (among other things) as a potential elite skill for RS3.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

StabMasterArson posted:

Thought I'd try this again since I'm bored out of my skull, all 3 accounts that I had are either permabanned or permamuted for stuff like botting and spamming goldselling sites and there's no way to appeal it :psyduck:

Same happened here when I had that itch to see how much they managed to gently caress up the game. the irony was that account was actually botted by me but still worked years later, and now it was permabanned due to website spamming or some poo poo.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Resubbed for my yearly month of aimless-wandering! Also to check out RSC, but gutted to find my legit-2002 account did not keep my original character. It's great to see people on it again, but screw levelling up again.

What's the recent money spinning crazes going on right now? Last time I was selling feathers at a casual rate and making arrows. I'd like to get enough for bonds, but I'd imagine it takes longer to 'work' for a bond than to just buy with real money. :)

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jan 11, 2016

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

I'm a very casual player, I find myself getting 30m gp a month just from Miscellania and buying out broads almost every day.

You can grind out several million per day from store inventories like yak hides and the like. Feathers are like 46gp again. I think the op has a still-relevant gp guide.

and thats the way it was
Feb 14, 2011

Am I able to get my organiser rank back on v8mate? I mostly play my ironman now, but I can't uprank people beyond general when they need to be updated which is a bit of a pain.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

The new combat update for darkscape is really, really cool. Makes the low level grind much easier/afk but this is no bad thing. You get bonuses for wearing lots of armour basically, ranged armour is like having soul split on all the time.

If anyone wants to try out darkscape, get members for double exp and do so now before they nerf it, you can be close to max combat in a month if you have computer time to afk. Grinding through the boring shite is at the least tedious its gonna be.

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 14, 2016

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

I'm a very casual player, I find myself getting 30m gp a month just from Miscellania and buying out broads almost every day.

You can grind out several million per day from store inventories like yak hides and the like. Feathers are like 46gp again. I think the op has a still-relevant gp guide.

On the subject of Miscellania:

Been a long time since I collected.

PC for 72.8m. Cool!

Congrats Poopsocker!!

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 14, 2016

allta
Mar 28, 2011
I haven't been able to get runescape to load for me for the past 30ish hours for some reason can anyone check on the citidel for me? I know a few days ago we were still a few contributions off from making upkeep and I want to make sure we dont end up dilapidating this week especially since you're going to need to do some skilling to get parts for invention and I'd really like to have the avatar out for clan mates for that.

Edit: I can only get darkscape to load, I really hope this isn't an issue on Monday still....

allta fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 23, 2016

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
We are all good for citadel.

I have had a bit of trouble logging in every now and then, but it eventually works. Seen a few others complain on reddit and a work around has been posted there.

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
This thread needs more pizza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCC6834cg7Y

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:wrong:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Watching videos where pizza is the main focus both improves your overall health and increases your desire to eat pizza by 210%.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
what the gently caress how is that a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Magres posted:

what the gently caress how is that a thing

If you look closely you can tell it's not an actual smilie here, just a small gif they put in their post.presumably they made it themselves.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.