Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought they all had individual stands but they all had the same ability

the powers of tatoo you explicitly rely on the users being able to use each other in various ways to move around and the like, so for all intents and purposes it's counted as a single stand. kinda like tomb of the boom for the boomboom family. it's only one stand and has one distinct look, but the members of the family all utilize it in different ways that all ultimately revolve around magnetism.

if going off of the general idea that stands are the ~extension of one's willpower~ then it's probably not a huge leap to say that 3 people can share the same stand yet personalize their own connection to it to make their own, unique powers. it's a genuinely pretty cool concept and further emphasizes why arc 7 is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's also neat because it further characterizes otherwise closed book cases like the Eleven Nameless Men to whom Tattoo You! belongs. That they all share the same stand with no significant deviations between them suggests an incredible degree of teamwork, unified conviction, and mutual understanding.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Posting to find a link

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here's the new artwork and notable changes in JJL vol.11
http://m.imgur.com/a/vA2Xc

The one with Josefumi is mostly a new spelling for the Aphex twins. "A.Phex"
I guess he was told that some lawyers might be shifting about?

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmAAlnfjqcQ
A finished tea/coffee drinking animation video.

JJL49 transcript
https://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/42146

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 24, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So a bit more prying into 7th Stand User

True Clayman has a HP Regeneration of 2000 a turn (but you can at least have a party of 4?) will remove all status conditions and recovers max SP every turn.

Checking Hirohiko Araki, the only thing he gains per turn seems to be 20 SP, so I don't know why he wasn't going down despite me nuking him 99 times, but maybe I just wasn't counting the damage right.

I'm still copying down what each Status Effect actually does and hopefully it'll be a nice list for anyone who's playing the game. How effective each one is though is strange...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

It's also neat because it further characterizes otherwise closed book cases like the Eleven Nameless Men to whom Tattoo You! belongs. That they all share the same stand with no significant deviations between them suggests an incredible degree of teamwork, unified conviction, and mutual understanding.

Man, that whole fight is incredible, yet it's barely mentioned (probably due to several strong contenders for best battle if Part VII...). Not only is it an insane slaughter from beginning to end, with Gyro and Johnny pulling out all their techniques, it's also non-stop action without dialogue. Holy poo poo, I need to see this animated some day. And at the very end, the last remaining hitman "wins", but he looks utterly devastated. Great stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here's a webm of the part of those EoH plot/story mode spoilers you wanted to see most.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12064557/JJL/getdoradpunk.webm

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Is the song that plays for the Part 4 PV available? If so, what is it called and where can I listen to the whole thing?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Merry Christmas, everyone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sekkira posted:

Is the song that plays for the Part 4 PV available? If so, what is it called and where can I listen to the whole thing?

Nope, it's a new composition for Part 4 and won't be available until the first OST comes out at the earliest. It may not necessarily feature on the first OST CD though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Torquemadras posted:

Man, that whole fight is incredible, yet it's barely mentioned (probably due to several strong contenders for best battle if Part VII...). Not only is it an insane slaughter from beginning to end, with Gyro and Johnny pulling out all their techniques, it's also non-stop action without dialogue. Holy poo poo, I need to see this animated some day. And at the very end, the last remaining hitman "wins", but he looks utterly devastated. Great stuff.
From Pork Pie Hat Kid onward, every fight in SBR is just insanely good. That those guys get forgotten is perfectly understandable when their competition is Ringo Roadagain, Blackmore, Sandman, Mike O., Magenta Magenta, Wekapipo, Axl Ro...

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a single stand user in the entire series who isn't at least low key mentally ill or otherwise hosed up?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pomp posted:

Is there a single stand user in the entire series who isn't at least low key mentally ill or otherwise hosed up?

what's wrong with Koichi? he seems like a normal kid

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Outside of the whole stealing thing, Koichi seems pretty normal

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Tonio is literally perfect.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Nope, it's a new composition for Part 4 and won't be available until the first OST comes out at the earliest. It may not necessarily feature on the first OST CD though.

This is literally the worst news I've heard all year.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Avdol was really nice and kind and dead.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Avdol was really nice and kind and dead.

He came back from the dead to piss in a dudes mouth with polnareff

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

See, a picture of perfection.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

Tonio is literally perfect.

Not that he has no reason to get grouchy but he dooooes sort of fly off the handle with Josuke

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dude went in his kitchen. You don't do that. It's a sacred place.

It's like wearing shoes in the car, you just don't. Josuke needs to learn.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I find it really cute that Yasuho takes hers off to blend in when that comes up.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Pomp posted:

He came back from the dead to piss in a dudes mouth with polnareff
Let's not forget when he went down on Joseph.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Merry Christmas Polnareff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgOh6vUcjKs

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Not that he has no reason to get grouchy but he dooooes sort of fly off the handle with Josuke

Bad Seafood posted:

Dude went in his kitchen. You don't do that. It's a sacred place.
Seafood's right. Despite what you may have learned form Shokugeki no Soma, you need a bit of an attitude in the kitchen.

quote:

It's like wearing shoes in the car, you just don't. Josuke needs to learn.
Then he turns around and spouts this craziness.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

new jojolion chapter is up

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy christ what

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kuroyama posted:

Then he turns around and spouts this craziness.

Kuroyama confirmed not yankee.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oh hey, new chapter.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

what the almighty gently caress

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It's not the same as punching pasta, but getting retrospective info on these characters is good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
drat, the real Josefumi is chill as gently caress

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Well that took a few turns.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

josefumi's hair is legit a cross between josuke's and okuyasu's hair. if it wasn't obvious before it's obvious here.

also josefumi's stand confirmed for powers of 'removal', making up the other half of gappy's stand

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yay my holiday wish was answered more Josefumi more Josefumi MORE JOSEFUMI

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Thanks for the semi- late x-mas present araki! It was perfect.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yay my holiday wish was answered more Josefumi more Josefumi MORE JOSEFUMI

I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HIM ALREADY

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The new stand design owns. The new outfit and hairstyle modification for the other reappearances owns.
JoJolion is getting super good.

According to Ultra Jump, Abbachio almost made it to Eyes. He has a model and half of a skill set but it was broken and boring.
The next nearest character was Ringo Roadagain. A lot of "Morioh" characters were cut later into the roster finalising than most others (they aimed for 160 characters on paper initially) but which Morioh isn't specified.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

According to Ultra Jump, Abbachio almost made it to Eyes.

Well that's too bad, but frankly not too much of a l-

The next nearest character was Ringo Roadagain.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah, same about Ringo. Dang I love him, but every person should.