Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
An explosive double barrel shotgun and the bloody mess perk go together really, really well. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

holy poo poo i barely put any effort into the minutemen quests and i was vaguely aware that they came from some other town that got overrun, but when i actually ended up visiting Quincy i was not expecting to run into a hornet's nest of gunners. motherfuckers with quad missle launchers and fat men? gently caress that poo poo.

of course nick valentine needs me to recover a stupid mcguffin from within that town. hey nick, your quest is the epitomy of a pointless, meandering fetch quest, and i loving hate you for it. you were marginally entertaining with your noir detective schtick, but your inablity to be a dress-up doll and this b.s. fetch quest have pushed you out of favor with John Fallout.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So I 'accidentally' antagonised the railroad when I hacked someone's computer to read their email. If I stay away from their location long enough will they go peaceful again? If not what if any hoops do I jump through to get them calm again?

It's not limited to the one location - every railroad npc is a red blip on the radar.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

There's a hazmat suit right in the room, it's all you need

There are two and a half hazmat suits in that area: One in the locker room, one in the entry chamber, and a damaged (only 500 rad resist) near the door to the entry chamber.

As for the security in the room look for terminals in the control room to disable the sentrybot. You can also throw down some mines in front of the closets the assaultrons hang out in to give them a rude awakening.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
I just learned you can use HTML tags when renaming guns, which is useful for identifying my reliables in menus quickly. Better than thinking up more custom names.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just put a dash in front of anything I don't scrap so it'll always be at the top of the list.

sockhead
Sep 20, 2001
Some of us freeks have ESP, Sockhead's got ESPN!
Does anyone know why my AP would start refilling very slowly all of a sudden? The only difference that I know of is that I switched my MK 5 power armor to the MK 6 power armor suit that the George Clooney sounding guy left me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

sockhead posted:

Does anyone know why my AP would start refilling very slowly all of a sudden? The only difference that I know of is that I switched my MK 5 power armor to the MK 6 power armor suit that the George Clooney sounding guy left me.

Did your Mk5 suit have the modification to increase AP regeneration?

sockhead
Sep 20, 2001
Some of us freeks have ESP, Sockhead's got ESPN!

Away all Goats posted:

Did your Mk5 suit have the modification to increase AP regeneration?

It may have. How can I add that modification to an MK 6 suit? Just take it to a power armor repair station?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Sindai posted:

I just put a dash in front of anything I don't scrap so it'll always be at the top of the list.

I gave all of my custom weapons short, one-word names so they stand out on the weapons list. It's easy to tell at a glance if it's an important weapon, since they're named stuff like 'Aran', 'Basov' and 'Newton'.

My armor pieces were instead named so I could really easily tell what body part they went on and which type they were. I had 1 Strength, so I didn't have to customize further since they all had to be pocketed.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
So I got to the institute and they pissed me off so I murdered the poo poo out of everyone. Three questions.

Did Madison Lee have much in the way of dialogue? She wasn't hostile even after her entire lab staff got minced by the .45 auto explosive super fun time mincer, but wouldn't say anything, so I made sure she wouldn't feel lonely.

Can I get back there to get the cure for the dude that sent me? Can't remember picking it up

Were there meant to be that many synths on the way out? I swear I must have killed a hundred plus in the hallway up to the teleport back, they just kept coming and I just kept huffing jet and loving them with a 4 barrelled missile launcher

double nine posted:

So I 'accidentally' antagonised the railroad when I hacked someone's computer to read their email. If I stay away from their location long enough will they go peaceful again? If not what if any hoops do I jump through to get them calm again?

It's not limited to the one location - every railroad npc is a red blip on the radar.

3 days in game without pissing them off more was always the solution, go sit on a stool somewhere

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
So I did the Bunker Hill thing and Kessler died, I resurrected her but she doesn't give me the settlement. I did the disable/enable/kill/resurrect thing to bring her back but no dice. Is there a command or something I can use to aquire it or fix Kessler?

Edit: I did quests for both Kessler and Deb, also.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 24, 2015

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Real question though- whyis Butcher Pete so obsessed with women's feet?

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Ok Curie is :3: incarnate. She's so naive and optimistic. Also a robot so that nudist bug I complained about isn't a problem. She sucks in a fight but my dude is rampaging death so eh I'll keep her.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So the Legendaries are finally going my way -

Got an Instigating Combat Rifle, upchambered to .308 with a silencer. Lovely way to start a fight. Has quickly become my favorite thing.

I've found like 2 loving Nocturnal 10mms, a ghoul slaying pipe revolver, a supermutant slaying rolling pin (the gently caress) and a shitload of useless-rear end gear, but the holy grail so far has been the loving never-ending sawn-off double-barrel shotgun. Holy loving balls but this thing is wonderful, it fires as fast as I can possibly click, and if I were smart, I'd give it a longer barrel and full stock, but then it wouldn't be a sawn off, so, no.

I'm only lvl 38 so far, so I traded in all my caps and ammo equivalent to immediately nab the 'Last Minute' Gauss Rifle from Ronnie Shaw. I'm in love, the drat thing is practically fully upgraded already. I one-shot a deathclaw on my way out with the drat thing.

Armour question - Do multiple chameleon gear effects stack, or do I only need one piece of equipment with it?

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 24, 2015

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So, I've gotten to around the point where it is making me pick sides. Bunker Hill

I'm trying to figure out which faction to back for the ending, since the writers have arbitrarily decided that each one has to kill off the other two for no coherent reason. Like, either way you're just murdering a buttload of people and destroying poo poo in a world where very little has been built up for a nebulous cause that lacks real nuance in how they execute their ideas.

At this point I'm thinking of just going with the Institute because I can maybe rationalize the idea of taking it over and steering it towards less hosed-up paths, even though I also liked some of the people in the Railroad and really their only crime here is not giving a poo poo about consequences when some of these superhuman synths use their freedom to gently caress poo poo up. Brother of Steel can eat a million dicks, though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Neeksy posted:

So, I've gotten to around the point where it is making me pick sides. Bunker Hill

I'm trying to figure out which faction to back for the ending, since the writers have arbitrarily decided that each one has to kill off the other two for no coherent reason. Like, either way you're just murdering a buttload of people and destroying poo poo in a world where very little has been built up for a nebulous cause that lacks real nuance in how they execute their ideas.

At this point I'm thinking of just going with the Institute because I can maybe rationalize the idea of taking it over and steering it towards less hosed-up paths, even though I also liked some of the people in the Railroad and really their only crime here is not giving a poo poo about consequences when some of these superhuman synths use their freedom to gently caress poo poo up. Brother of Steel can eat a million dicks, though.

Nothing you do there really matters, you've got a quest or two more before the point of no return

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Azhais posted:

Nothing you do there really matters, you've got a quest or two more before the point of no return

I only just now started on some BoS quests. I figured I could mine them for some exp/goodies for a bit and then later gently caress them and their military fascism.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Goddamnit Curie isn't a robot anymore and now she's a nudist like the rest of them. WHY WOULD YOU HAVE THIS HANGUP. YOU WERE MADE OF METAL UNTIL RECENTLY

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Curie wore armor over her normal farmer outfit when I had her... jeez.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Is there a good write up of how far I can take each faction until it gets all no-returny? I want to get as far as I can before I make a save to go back to.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Is it possible to have a negative overall relationship with a companion? Because I just got Strong and I've been entering/exiting power armor quite a bit because I've been doing some base redecoration, so I've been getting a bunch of "Strong disliked that" messages.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

Is it possible to have a negative overall relationship with a companion? Because I just got Strong and I've been entering/exiting power armor quite a bit because I've been doing some base redecoration, so I've been getting a bunch of "Strong disliked that" messages.

Yeah, you can piss them off so much they eventually refuse to travel with you.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are there any mods out yet that improve the 'lovely' cardboard plot?

Eustachy
May 7, 2013

homeless poster posted:

holy poo poo i barely put any effort into the minutemen quests and i was vaguely aware that they came from some other town that got overrun, but when i actually ended up visiting Quincy i was not expecting to run into a hornet's nest of gunners. motherfuckers with quad missle launchers and fat men? gently caress that poo poo.

of course nick valentine needs me to recover a stupid mcguffin from within that town. hey nick, your quest is the epitomy of a pointless, meandering fetch quest, and i loving hate you for it. you were marginally entertaining with your noir detective schtick, but your inablity to be a dress-up doll and this b.s. fetch quest have pushed you out of favor with John Fallout.

I was fine doing it because it seemed like for all that work and setup it must have been a really good reward at the end. No, his perk is absolutely worthless.

If somebody made a mod where each companion's perk is just an incremental movement speed boost it would be better than any of the current perks

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Are there any mods out yet that improve the 'lovely' cardboard plot?

Fallout: New Vegas.exe

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Eustachy posted:

I was fine doing it because it seemed like for all that work and setup it must have been a really good reward at the end. No, his perk is absolutely worthless.

Not only that. But the bonus hacking attempt from Nicks perk doesn't stack with the same bonus from the bobblehead.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

Yeah, you can piss them off so much they eventually refuse to travel with you.

gently caress. Well guess it's time to send Strong to some backwater settlement I'm never going back to because I'm not giving up power armor for some retard super mutant.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Gobblecoque posted:

gently caress. Well guess it's time to send Strong to some backwater settlement I'm never going back to because I'm not giving up power armor for some retard super mutant.

You should do this anyway. Listening to him constantly repeat the same three things is annoying.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cojawfee posted:

You should do this anyway. Listening to him constantly repeat the same three things is annoying.

I'm fond of sending him to the airport

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Gobblecoque posted:

I just gave him a Super Sledge and banished him to Castle. He is very helpful during defense missions there.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

McKilligan posted:

So the Legendaries are finally going my way -

Got an Instigating Combat Rifle, upchambered to .308 with a silencer. Lovely way to start a fight. Has quickly become my favorite thing.

I've found like 2 loving Nocturnal 10mms, a ghoul slaying pipe revolver, a supermutant slaying rolling pin (the gently caress) and a shitload of useless-rear end gear, but the holy grail so far has been the loving never-ending sawn-off double-barrel shotgun. Holy loving balls but this thing is wonderful, it fires as fast as I can possibly click, and if I were smart, I'd give it a longer barrel and full stock, but then it wouldn't be a sawn off, so, no.

I'm only lvl 38 so far, so I traded in all my caps and ammo equivalent to immediately nab the 'Last Minute' Gauss Rifle from Ronnie Shaw. I'm in love, the drat thing is practically fully upgraded already. I one-shot a deathclaw on my way out with the drat thing.

Armour question - Do multiple chameleon gear effects stack, or do I only need one piece of equipment with it?

You only need one piece of chameleon gear, they do not stack and by taking more you're losing out on better mods like VATS enhancement.

As for Legendaries, this playthrough I found 2 great ones: a double-shot .44 I renamed "Roscoe," and a wounding minigun I tri-barreled and gave to Cait. Cait with that goddamn minigun and T-60 armor was able to basically wipe out the Railroad and the Institute by herself, I just kited her into firefights.

Since you seem to be using rifles, if you haven't picked it up already buy the Overseer's Guardian from Vault 81, it's an excellent gun and a bargain for what it is.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Magneto Rex posted:

Is there a good write up of how far I can take each faction until it gets all no-returny? I want to get as far as I can before I make a save to go back to.
The description for this save file walks through the process if you intend to get all of them as far along as possible without dire consequences.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

You would have thought 'Super Mutant who was taught some basic Shakespeare' would have resulted in some interesting lines. I don't know if I needed a Super Mutant learns human love is the key to their power type storyline, but it would have been at least something over Strong likes you because you and him kills stuff well.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I really wish they had left notes and audio messages as they were in the previous games, in the data area of the pip boy, where they would be highlighted or faded depending on whether I had already looked at them or not, rather than dropping them in the inventory to get lost among my magazines and other useless 0 weight bullshit.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

remusclaw posted:

I really wish they had left notes and audio messages as they were in the previous games, in the data area of the pip boy, where they would be highlighted or faded depending on whether I had already looked at them or not, rather than dropping them in the inventory to get lost among my magazines and other useless 0 weight bullshit.

Yeah. I'm still wondering how did that not make the cut. All the keys and passwords shouldn't even be indexed in that list either.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Eustachy posted:

If somebody made a mod where each companion's perk is just an incremental movement speed boost it would be better than any of the current perks

Someone hasn't gotten MacCready's perk yet.

But yeah, most of them suck pretty bad.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

remusclaw posted:

That surprised me too.

All these zero weight keys and passwords should just have their own tab and leave the notes so I can read them. Some notes spawn quests or reveal locations on the map so I end up looting and reading every "blood contract" and "Gunners note" I find.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Help!

Edit: If this was New Vegas I would have had the option

(lie) side with the railroad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Can you give Virgil's serum to Strong?

• Locked thread