Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, you and Webbeh's folders make me think I should focus on getting more SR's ranked up instead of dumping millions and stacks of medals into SSRs.

Guess that's a good enough excuse to do Good Buu, Trunks, and maybe Gero to fix up my lacking PHY set. That should leave me with what I need to do the other Buus at some point soon. Shame Super Buu and Great Saiyaman are competing for Gregories, that's a tough pick.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Echophonic posted:

Man, you and Webbeh's folders make me think I should focus on getting more SR's ranked up instead of dumping millions and stacks of medals into SSRs.

Actually, I could use a suggestion. My PHY set is pretty shallow. Who's solid out of that? I have Good Buu ready, but I could probably do: King Cold, Trunks, and/or Gero without any issues and just do the Buus another time, since I'd want to get all three good to go at the same time.

I made good use of Top-level training, as well as having no qualms about using training items/stages to level up people.

My own PHY team is Future 17, SSJ Vegeta, Majin Buu (Good), Cell (Perfect Form), Event SSJ Gohan and Trunks (Adult). During the tournament when I was leveling up Trunks to 80 he was keeping up with my Super Sayian Team, even when he wasn't linked to SSJ Trunks or SSJ Vegeta. I always got with the Attack Reducing Leaders, so if you don't have a Future 17, I would say levling Gero up would be a priority. King Cold can be ok, but unless you've leveled up his superattack, he's nothing more than HP. Buu is pretty good, and I love his passive.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I made good use of Top-level training, as well as having no qualms about using training items/stages to level up people.

My own PHY team is Future 17, SSJ Vegeta, Majin Buu (Good), Cell (Perfect Form), Event SSJ Gohan and Trunks (Adult). During the tournament when I was leveling up Trunks to 80 he was keeping up with my Super Sayian Team, even when he wasn't linked to SSJ Trunks or SSJ Vegeta. I always got with the Attack Reducing Leaders, so if you don't have a Future 17, I would say levling Gero up would be a priority. King Cold can be ok, but unless you've leveled up his superattack, he's nothing more than HP. Buu is pretty good, and I love his passive.

I made a quick edit while you were typing that. I have Future 17, so Gero seems a bit redundant, you're right. I did Trunks (SA8, at that) and Buu, should fix me up. I can run that exact team, so I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the input.

My single type leaders are usually -ATK, but the +40/50% leaders are showing good results, too. Dabura is doing quite well against Grandpa Gohan.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Echophonic posted:

Who else is on your team? I'd say add SSJ Bardock to that set and lose someone else. That's a good hybrid SSJ/Kamehameha base and Bardock will push everyone just a little bit higher.

Here's what it looks like as it stands. My big trouble is deciding whether I should unbalance my rainbow team a little or not. Is Bardock worth it, is really what I'm asking, I think.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You should probably just switch Cell with Bardock. Cell doesn't really offer anything besides his leader-ability. I mean, sure, he is a good card with good stats, but he really has no good links.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I think you take Cell out for Bardock, since they have the same leader skill.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Cool, that's what I'll do. Cheers, guys.

Now to go grind out the Geros and Roshis I need to Z-Awaken him.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I dunno, I see 5 people with Kamehameha in that team and I look real hard at Trunks. Goten's raison d'etre is throwing supers for that big +2500 boost to everyone else, Cell included.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 24, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

I dunno, I see 5 people with Kamehameha in that team and I look real hard at Trunks.

PHY Gohan would be even more amazing if he had Kamehameha instead of Dragon Fist, which is he only flaw.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I dunno, I see 5 people with Kamehameha in that team and I look real hard at Trunks. Goten's raison d'etre is throwing supers for that big +2500 boost to everyone else, Cell included.

But no Ki support besides Gotens passive (which is random, even though the proccs aren't that rare). Not to mention that Bardock's passive basically is a Kamehameha link in value, only that its always active.
If the tournament has shown me one thing, its that SAs with a 0 Ki character just don't happen. I had probably 95% of my supers coming from A) #17/18 while linked or B) SSJ3/Majin Vegeta, also while linked

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Join us.

Seriously though - I don't know why it's such a struggle for you to max out SSRs into URs. Some sword training items + a good location item + N fodder should be good enough to get you up to 100 without toooooo much headache.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

Join us.

Seriously though - I don't know why it's such a struggle for you to max out SSRs into URs. Some sword training items + a good location item + N fodder should be good enough to get you up to 100 without toooooo much headache.

I mostly just have been avoiding doing days of medal and training item grinding for a while. I also ended up with a bunch that needed Old Kais and I only picked up a few of those recently because of the Christmas thing. I've UR'd SSJ Adult Gohan, Great Saiyawoman, Kaioken Goku, and Good Buu in the past few days. It's just been having more of a hard time deciding what to work on than anything.

Edit: Add Super Buu to that list. :colbert: I'll do Evil Buu tomorrow, since I need Roshi medals.

Wuxi posted:

But no Ki support besides Gotens passive (which is random, even though the proccs aren't that rare). Not to mention that Bardock's passive basically is a Kamehameha link in value, only that its always active.
If the tournament has shown me one thing, its that SAs with a 0 Ki character just don't happen. I had probably 95% of my supers coming from A) #17/18 while linked or B) SSJ3/Majin Vegeta, also while linked

Fair point about Ki support, but I don't know if I'd recommend dropping of the hardest hitters on that team for Bardock. If anyone gets the hook from that logic, it's Goten.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 24, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I think the only skills that would link from Perfect Cell on that team would be Kamehameha and Messenger from the Future, whereas Bardock has Super Sayian and Sayian Warrior Race.

Speaking of skills, has anyone ever been able to activate Big Bad Bosses? Seems like it's too narrow to be controlled properly, but 25% attack is pretty nice during a long battle.

Also, this might sound like a stupid question, but is there a way to tell when you're fighting multiple of the same character (Type and Character) which one is going to attack you? I've played a lot of this game and I don't think there is anyway to tell, but maybe I've just missed something.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I think the only skills that would link from Perfect Cell on that team would be Kamehameha and Messenger from the Future, whereas Bardock has Super Sayian and Sayian Warrior Race.

Speaking of skills, has anyone ever been able to activate Big Bad Bosses? Seems like it's too narrow to be controlled properly, but 25% attack is pretty nice during a long battle.

Also, this might sound like a stupid question, but is there a way to tell when you're fighting multiple of the same character (Type and Character) which one is going to attack you? I've played a lot of this game and I don't think there is anyway to tell, but maybe I've just missed something.

I haven't figured out how to tell duplicate enemies apart, either. It seems like it leans towards being left to right, but it's not 100%.

As for Cell, he starts at like 8800 attack before links at max level. I think that's worth considering. I think Bardock's a great card, but Perfect Cell hits like a truck without any help and his raw high attack will really benefit from Bardock's passive.

They also changed Big Bad Bosses recently, it used to be under 10%. It's a much better link now.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Webbeh posted:

Join us.

It took me a while to get out of the standard RPG mindset of horde every item forever. Spend those training items folks.

I checked out Reddit and the JPN version is having a special event where they limit the characters you can use to super only. So leveling up all those mid-high tier dudes who don't quite make your all-star team may be a good investment.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh man, I pulled another Bojack. I guess I should spend some time on that event when it comes back around!!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

Oh man, I pulled another Bojack. I guess I should spend some time on that event when it comes back around!!

Full Power Bojack is awesome. Dude hits like a truck from level 1 after you Dokkan him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh yeah I know, I just have to grind a bunch of medals so I can upgrade my Full Power's SA :v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I just realized that no Tien has the World Tournament Champion link, despite the fact that uh, yeah, he's a former champion.
Then again, the same could be said for almost any given Goku.

I wish the Turtle School link had more options. It has no good PHY or INT cards, its only good STR cards are Roshi F and Grandpa Gohan.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

the_steve posted:

I wish the Turtle School link had more options. It has no good PHY or INT cards, its only good STR cards are Roshi F and Grandpa Gohan.

STR Yamcha has Turtle School and is really really good. Same goes for STR Roshi (the normal one), almost 6000 ATK and a +1000 ATK passive. And both have the Kamehameha link

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I've just discovered an easy way to farm Gregories. Beat an epic showdown on normal and you get 5 Gregories for beating Goku. I only discovered this by completing the Korin mission that came with the last update.

I also think that we might be getting the Super Sayian Goku from Japan that could be Dokkan awakened at some point, since there is also a mission for beating an epic showdown stage 2.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cozz posted:

I've just discovered an easy way to farm Gregories. Beat an epic showdown on normal and you get 5 Gregories for beating Goku. I only discovered this by completing the Korin mission that came with the last update.

I also think that we might be getting the Super Sayian Goku from Japan that could be Dokkan awakened at some point, since there is also a mission for beating an epic showdown stage 2.

Just wanted to post this.

You also get 10 Bubbles for hard

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

Just wanted to post this.

You also get 10 Bubbles for hard

Oh god drat! I need Bubbles pretty bad. Going to do this once my stamina regenerates a bit. I spent the morning running through Hard Grandpa gohan since Z-Hard hits like a truck and I use too many items.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Oh god drat! I need Bubbles pretty bad. Going to do this once my stamina regenerates a bit. I spent the morning running through Hard Grandpa gohan since Z-Hard hits like a truck and I use too many items.

I'm out of healing items.

But I do have 4 Grandpa Gohans!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I may complain about having to do the Angel Goku medal grind twice, but I have 80 Senzu Beans right now. Also 3 Grandpa Gohans.

Speaking of medals, I hate the STR Medal daily. It's so short and sparse. What's the best level for bronze capsules for dailies? Mostly I just stick to Z-Hard.

Cozz posted:

That is a good catch!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 24, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So my brother mentioned to me that the damage reduction glitch may not be working anymore. I haven't tried it myself (going for low level awakening medals), but has anyone else experienced it?

After thinking about Bardock, I decided to question his own inclusion in my rainbow SSJ team. Here are the 5 that probably won't be moving out (because I don't think I have anyone better on my team)
AGL - SSJ2 Goku
STR - SSJ3 Goku
PHY - SSJ Vegeta
TEQ - Majin Vegeta
INT - SSJ Trunks

Here's how I could be running in the 6th spot:
STR SSJ Bardock
STR - SSJ Goku
AGL - SSJ Goku
PHY - SSJ Gohan
TEQ - SSJ2 Gohan (If I maintained enough rank for him in the world tournament).
SSJ Trunks and SSJ Goten (I don't think these two make the cut unless I use both of them).

I've been running Bardock to support 2 specific characters (Majin Vegeta with Sayian Pride and SSJ2 Goku with Family Ties). During the tournament, while I've gotten a lot of success out of STR SSJ Goku (and he has SA 5), he really isn't that strong unless he gets up to 5 ki and his passive kicks in, but with Golden Warrior and Kamehameha, he can support SSJ2 and SSJ3 Goku. I haven't used much of AGL SSJ Goku (and haven't even gotten him up to 100 yet) and while his stats might be better than STR SSJ Goku, his passive seems like garbage, requiring to be at 30% or lower for that extra 5 KI. PHY Gohan is still awesome, and may actually be a better inclusion than SSJ Vegeta for my PHY. Hopefully the TEQ SSJ2 Gohan is good if I got him. Any thoughts?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I ran Bardock forever until I got SSJ INT Adult Gohan. I don't notice the lack of Bardock's passive since I don't need it to keep up with how much harder Gohan hits. I'd be prone to suggest waiting to see if you get SSJ2 TEQ Gohan. He seems really solid and +2 ki on SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta is probably better than another 700 or so attack. I really like SSJ2 AGL Gohan and those two seem very similar.

However, upon thinking about it, Bardock's leader skill is one of the best out of the Super Saiyans. None of your benched guys have a better leader skill.

As for Vegeta and Gohan? Vegeta's passive pays off in spades if it's a brawl with a high-HP target, but Gohan is probably more useful if you just need that extra bit of damage to one-shot stuff during normal missions.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 24, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wuxi posted:

STR Yamcha has Turtle School and is really really good. Same goes for STR Roshi (the normal one), almost 6000 ATK and a +1000 ATK passive. And both have the Kamehameha link

I'll have to remember that if the Summon ever drops them for me. So far, the only Roshi I have is the TEQ one that they handed out for the tournament (Got him Dokkan'd though, so that's sweet), and the only Yamcha I have are INT and AGI.
Still lacking an INT or PHY card though, unless I run the R versions of Yamcha and Krillin respectively.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I just pulled a SSR Final Form Freeza and what do I see? All Freezas, besides Golden, Mecha and STR First Form now have Strongest Clan in Space, a +2 Ki link they share with King Cold, all Coolers and Chilled.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I think I'll try SSJ2 Gohan if I got him for my team. I figure it can't hurt.

Also, I think the best stage for Awakening medals is PHY, since it's so big. Although for specific medals the new best stage is beating up Goku.

Wuxi posted:

I just pulled a SSR Final Form Freeza and what do I see? All Freezas, besides Golden, Mecha and STR First Form now have Strongest Clan in Space, a +2 Ki link they share with King Cold, all Coolers and Chilled.

I noticed that they updated some skills. I think most of the non-Xeno Trunks have been given Z-Fighters, and KId Goku was given "Mystical adventure".

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The big new links from the update for existing cards are:

Signature Pose on the Ginyu Force cards
Mysterious Adventure on Master Shen, Mercenary Tao, and Kid Goku
Over in a Flash on Majin Vegeta and Kaioken Goku
Strongest Clan in Space on the various Friezas, King Cold, and Chilled
Infinite Regeneration on Good and Evil Buu

Edit: Tourney rewards are out. I managed top 5000 and got a loving Dracula Man with my DB ticket and a second Golden Frieza with my SSR. The medals and training items are nice, I guess. Not sure it was worth the effort and stones.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 25, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just cashed in my gold DB Summon ticket from the tournament.
Got Murasaki.
I feel ripped off.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Got a SSR Whis with my SSR ticket. How good is he?

And are the Elder Kai characters solely for leveling up SAs?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

the_steve posted:

Just cashed in my gold DB Summon ticket from the tournament.
Got Murasaki.
I feel ripped off.

I did too!

:smith:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh yeah, well I got Dracula Man! Beat that!

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

With my hundred wins ticket, I got a duplicate final form Freeza, and my second ticket was good Buu. So the net gain for my team was 4 SA levels for Freeza, replace my UR* Piccolo with Buu, and the use of every single stone I had. I am never going for 100 wins again, but I don't regret doing it this time.

Piccolo was definitely the weak link in my team, while VIP was 3rd form Freeza. 3rd form plus final form is a scary combo now, +700 atk, +15% atk, +5 ki on a catastrophic super attack.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Aurora posted:

Oh yeah, well I got Dracula Man! Beat that!

Same, :smith:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

Got a SSR Whis with my SSR ticket. How good is he?

And are the Elder Kai characters solely for leveling up SAs?

Whis is pretty good on his own( has better stats than INT SSJ Trunks) but only links with the TEQ Beerus, or anyone with gentleman. And yes on the old Kais only for SA

Got my SSJ2 Gohan (ended up ranking 509), and was able to get him up to 100 this morning. Used my Old Kais to level
Up SSJ3 Goku's attack, and got a STR SSJBlue Vegeta from my SSR Ticket.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The actual use of my tournament winnings was the medals, which I used on Kid Trunks (SA9), INT Kid Chi-Chi, and Evil Buu. Might do some Friezas later.

Which led to this, my new Buu Saga team. Hopefully I can manage to get Kid and Smart Buu to really make it work, but it's solid for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cozz posted:

Up SSJ3 Goku's attack, and got a STR SSJBlue Vegeta from my SSR Ticket.

SSB-Vegeta-from-SSR-Ticket-buddies :yayclod:

Used my medals to awaken Majin Vegeta. Looks good so far, now I need to bring myself to farm the medal events for good mono teams