Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I wonder why only 4 of the 5 volumes of Birds of Prey are included. I always wanted to read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Zachack posted:

https://www.comixology.com/DC-101-Collections-Sale/page/9176?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Pretty big sale on DC collections. Going to get the Brubaker Catwoman books and the Tales of Batman by JHW3, any other suggestions? Thinking about the Superman Secret Identity (Busiek), maybe other Tales of Batman collections, Justice (Ross)?

Batgirl/Robin Year One is a great book (especially for that price). 421 pages of art by Marcos Martin and Javier Pulido.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
The #1 issues from Secret Wars are on sale.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=9506&lang=1

There's a few one-shots included if you want a full story for $1.

Hank Johnson: Agent of Shield
Howard the Human
Secret Wars: Secret Love

I liked the first two. Haven't read Secret Love. Any good?

(lemme know if I missed something)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Secret Love was okay. Certainly worth a buck.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oof. These giant Tales of the Batman collections are, like 800MB. I'm gonna have to try and just read one at a time.
I wish they gave you the option of downloading giant collections/omnibuses in issue parts.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oof. These giant Tales of the Batman collections are, like 800MB. I'm gonna have to try and just read one at a time.
I wish they gave you the option of downloading giant collections/omnibuses in issue parts.

What do you mean? How can you download the stuff you buy on comixology?

I'm thinking of getting the Secret Six collections on sale, are they good? I'm also interested in Heart of Hush and Brubaker's Catwoman.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

How can you download the stuff you buy on comixology?

You have to to read them on mobile app.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

InShaneee posted:

Mobile :argh:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I could maybe read on a browser at home if the pages were high resolution, but they still don't do that.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Tons of indie comics 50% off with the code "INDIE". Of particular note are all the Atomic Robo collections.

https://www.comixology.com/Submit-Year-in-Review-Sale/page/9181

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Why I Hate Saturn is fantastic, too. Might be a little dated, though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Teenage Fansub posted:

I could maybe read on a browser at home if the pages were high resolution, but they still don't do that.

I don't have a mobile that can read comics like that, is all.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

InShaneee posted:

Or a web browser, which is how you do it on a Surface since the comiXology Windows app is horrible poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Image has I think everything for 50% off when you use the code image.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Whelp. Time to spend some bucks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yep got some Fatale and scene of the crime

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone know what happened with Viz? Looks like they took down almost everything they had including one-punch man. I was looking to buy the rest of the available volumes today. :smith:

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone know what happened with Viz? Looks like they took down almost everything they had including one-punch man. I was looking to buy the rest of the available volumes today. :smith:

Just a shot in the dark, but have you checked Amazon? I just got the first volume of OSM from there. Maybe they're moving some of the listings over?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shitshow posted:

Just a shot in the dark, but have you checked Amazon? I just got the first volume of OSM from there. Maybe they're moving some of the listings over?

Aaaand there they are on the kindle store. I hadn't bothered doing the switch account thing but looks like I'll have to get on that.

EDIT: merged the accounts, bought the rest and everything synced as fast as buying them from comixology. Not too bad. Wish the eligible books could be searched within comixology itself.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 24, 2015

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Are you from outside the US? Viz's stuff won't show up on comixology's site unless you have an American IP address. You can proxy to buy it all just fine

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.

Other posted:

Are you from outside the US? Viz's stuff won't show up on comixology's site unless you have an American IP address. You can proxy to buy it all just fine
That's what I used to do to bypass their geoblocking, but that new Kindle workaround is easier, and gets you a Kindle copy. My Kindle account was already set to US anyway.

It's weird how that Kindle/Comixology account sharing has changed my buying habits, and I tend to buy a lot of things on Amazon rather than Comixology, just for that extra (and utterly useless) Kindle copy.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I just bought some comics on sale on Kindle, they're listed as being available on Comixology, my accounts are merged, yet they're not showing up in my books in the Comixology app or website. Is there another step I need to do to sync the accounts up?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

I just bought some comics on sale on Kindle, they're listed as being available on Comixology, my accounts are merged, yet they're not showing up in my books in the Comixology app or website. Is there another step I need to do to sync the accounts up?

Are you in the UK or a territory that is not the US? Because Amazon doesn't give a gently caress about you if that's the case and will not implement simple poo poo like gifting Kindle items and, I assume, Kinda/Comixology syncing.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Nope, I'm in :911:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I don't know about the website but if you're in the app I've found that the pull-down refresh method doesn't add books for some reason, and hitting the vertical ... and then picking refresh does.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone have some completed Image series they'd like to recommend for this sale? I'm full up on ongoings (topped up on Saga, Sex Crims, Bitch Planet, Manhattan Projects, WicDiv), but willing to check out some stuff that's finished!

Recs I can think of:
Starlight by Millar/Parlov
Glory by Keatinge/Campbell
Phonogram Vols 1 + 2 by Gillen/McKelvie
Three by Gillen/Kelly

medium-enthusiastic recommendations for Zero, Mara, and Sheltered, maybe worth it at sale price but ultimately only if you *really* like the concept for Alex + Ada. I don't actually remember how much I actually liked The Strange Talent of Luther Strode and the sequel, but enough to read them both without much resentment--probably worth it if you like the art.

I'd previously picked up Fatale, Prophet, and SCUD, and still need to read them, so, like, maybe I don't need to buy any more, but still interested in recs...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Nameless was decent from what I read (last issue isn't part of the sale). Sci-fi mixed with eldritch horror.

I hear great things about Wytches, but haven't gotten to it, yet. Also a horror comic.

Godland is great if you like Kirby and the Fantastic Four. It's a lot of issues, but it's complete.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wytches Vol 1 was good.

I picked up Descender and Injection vol. 1 on this sale.

Descender had some gorgeous art and was pretty drat good. Did a good job at hooking me up on the series. Plus I'm a sucker for robot stories. I haven't read Injection yet but my brother said its good.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't read Injection yet but my brother said its good.

I read it monthly and it's slow. I wanna reread it to see if it's better in one chunk.

I also feel the same way about Trees.

It's an oldie, but I think I Kill Giants is part of the sale. Get that if you need a good cry.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Dynamite/comics-publisher/5-0?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2JyZWFkY3J1bWJz

I'll recommend the Howard Chaykins; The Shadow: Blood & Judgment, American Flagg! and Black Kiss (depending on your disposition) Haven't tried Power & Glory
Jeff Parker's Flash Gordon
James Bond
Gail Simone's Red Sonja
Shaft

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

onefish posted:

Does anyone have some completed Image series they'd like to recommend for this sale?

Just remembered about Criminal, Fatale, and Fade Out (which I haven't read) are Image books. Great if you need some noir in your life.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.comixology.com/Dynamite/comics-publisher/5-0?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2JyZWFkY3J1bWJz

I'll recommend the Howard Chaykins; The Shadow: Blood & Judgment, American Flagg! and Black Kiss (depending on your disposition) Haven't tried Power & Glory
James Bond
Gail Simone's Red Sonja
Shaft

The Bob's Burgers comics are done by people who work on the show and have the same voice and humor as the show. Recommended if you like the show.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Teenage Fansub posted:

James Bond
Gail Simone's Red Sonja
Shaft

Jeff Parker's run on Flash Gordon was one of my favorites last year. Shaner on art and Bellaire on colors. Some pulpy goodness there.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Anyway to read comixology comics without an internet connection?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You can download comics from most companies on there other than DC or Marvel.

In the mobile app comics are downloaded in full, not streamed, and can be read offline.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 29, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Teenage Fansub posted:

You can download comics from most companies on there other than DC or Marvel.

In the mobile app comics are downloaded in full, not streamed, and can be read offline.

Dang, that's what I feared. Thanks.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
To be clear - you can read any Comixology books offline if you download in the app. It's not a Marvel Unlimited situation where you need to STAY online to read.
(Whoops that got clarified while I was twiddling my thumbs. My big issue with Comixology is that those app downloads can't be placed on SD storage, so... there is SOME limit.)

Faustoan Bargain fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 29, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Faustoan Bargain posted:

To be clear - you can read any Comixology books offline if you download in the app. It's not a Marvel Unlimited situation where you need to STAY online to read.
(Whoops that got clarified while I was twiddling my thumbs. My big issue with Comixology is that those app downloads can't be placed on SD storage, so... there is SOME limit.)

That's a constant problem with Android apps in general. :( I have a giant 32gb SD card that has like 300mb of music on it and that's about it.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

That's a constant problem with Android apps in general. :( I have a giant 32gb SD card that has like 300mb of music on it and that's about it.

My god is this annoying as hell. I've got 64 gigs of space comixology and I buy comics! Let me use it! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Shakenbaker posted:

My god is this annoying as hell. I've got 64 gigs of space comixology and I buy comics! Let me use it! :argh:

Yes, it is. I cheaped out on my last phone purchase and got a stripped down Moto G figuring that I can just use the SD card for comics, but it only moves to the virtual SD card so I'm lucky if I can fit two small TPB sized collections before running out of space.

unl33t fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 30, 2015