Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

HiipFire posted:

ixt and slurps are chill people and you should play with them

:cheers:

I recognize you, what's your steam name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

HiipFire posted:

ixt and slurps are chill people and you should play with them

Ixtlilton is the man

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011

sterster posted:

Does this mean me and BeRandom are not chill? gently caress I thought I was super chill.

Aww man, I was really hoping to be one of the cool kids. I guess that's my fault for falling to GN3 from MG with the new ranks.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
My lovely headset finally died. I have a decent pair of HD25s which I can use, but need a mic. Are desktop mics less lovely these days? Can someone please recommend a desktop mic. I'm in the UK not the loving colonies so dont post links to your yankee doodle loving websites because gently caress you and merry christmas.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
gently caress you xp and just get a Mod Mic.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
That's what Daeno said and gently caress you Turk.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

sterster posted:

Does this mean me and BeRandom are not chill? gently caress I thought I was super chill.

no but ive never played with you 2 before

Famethrowa posted:

:cheers:

I recognize you, what's your steam name?

hiipfire

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
merry christmas cs thread, may you waste another profitable year of your life on counter strike instead

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

My lovely headset finally died. I have a decent pair of HD25s which I can use, but need a mic. Are desktop mics less lovely these days? Can someone please recommend a desktop mic. I'm in the UK not the loving colonies so dont post links to your yankee doodle loving websites because gently caress you and merry christmas.

you dont need a mic for this sshit game

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just buy an antlion.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

merry christmas cs thread

I was gonna post this, so :agreed:

merry xmas posting pals

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

A Blue Snowball mic is probably the only very good desktop mic you can get for under £50 (£40 at Curry's iirc) anything superior to that approaches £100+ very fast. This might still seem a bit premium for a lot of people though, although sadly I can't really speak for anything that costs less than that.

qhat fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 25, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Bohemian Nights posted:

I was gonna post this, so :agreed:

merry xmas posting pals

merry tree worshiping pagan solstice friend

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
oh my

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
So... 2013 has returned?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microp...words=Blue+yeti

This one is pretty good for the price.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Ko...band+microphone

+

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Boom-Microphone-Stand-Clip/dp/B005I57GMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451049580&sr=8-1&keywords=microphone+stand or another stand of your choice

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

This one looks good and is in my price range. Thanks!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

qhat posted:

A Blue Snowball mic is probably the only very good desktop mic you can get for under £50 (£40 at Curry's iirc) anything superior to that approaches £100+ very fast. This might still seem a bit premium for a lot of people though, although sadly I can't really speak for anything that costs less than that.

I got a Samson Go Mic which is actually quite good, but as most table mics you probably want to have push to talk as key presses will get picked up and drive your friends insane.

It's on Amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samson-SAGOMIC-Mic-Clip-Microphone/dp/B001R76D42/

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's satisfying as hell pulling off multiple ninja backstabs in a row. :getin:

My favorite is smoking cat on dust2, crouching next to the cylindrical pillar, then stabbing as they come around the corner facing A site. That, or running up and stabbing AWPers as they run to A site from long.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Why would they run through smoke? Why would the other players pushing long not kill you?

On dust2 you're meant to smoke mid (every day), then rush lower with a mag7 to rekk scrubs who are pushing B, with the ultimate goal of getting a chance knife in there somehow as well.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Why would they run through smoke? Why would the other players pushing long not kill you?

On dust2 you're meant to smoke mid (every day), then rush lower with a mag7 to rekk scrubs who are pushing B, with the ultimate goal of getting a chance knife in there somehow as well.

Are you an idiot?

P90 rush B no stop every round.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Got a 144hz monitor for christmas and haven't lost since (out of two games, one of which was a tie).

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Got a 144hz monitor for christmas and haven't lost since (out of two games, one of which was a tie).

Good

stump collector
May 28, 2007
144HZ is insanely good and cool

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I can actually see people ADADing rather than them teleporting back and forth, it's super cool I like it.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Ixtlilton posted:

I can actually see people ADADing rather than them teleporting back and forth, it's super cool I like it.

Actually it's more like "uh, this nooblord MG just peaked me, I guess I should react now, I think?"

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

qhat posted:

Actually it's more like "uh, this nooblord MG just peaked me, I guess I should react now, I think?"

Will experiment more, right now I haven't really noticed a peaking difference other than people coming around corners are visible sooner and the aforementioned lack of teleportation.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Peek

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

No xen, when I peek I'm peaking.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In a similar vein, I got a 1920x1080 monitor today up from my old 1600x900. I played deathmatch earlier and noticed it was much easier for me to peek tightly than before. I also seemed to have better crosshair placement as a result. Maybe I'll finally get good.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

You're gonna love the way you peek. I guarantee it

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

just w+left click dual :downsowned:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

people get irrationally angry at getting one deaged, it's uncanny. I almost got kicked from valve deathmatch because of all the heads I popped

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

People getting angry in any deathmatch is hilarious and I make sure to goad them every time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

qhat posted:

People getting angry in any deathmatch is hilarious and I make sure to goad them every time.

favorite was when i was testing the new revolver and i whiff seven trillion shots to a kid and he replies with an awp and "YOURE SO BAD"
next map load i take out the awp and proceed to lead the server by a hundred points, making it a point to say high pitched "YOURE SO BAD" at the dude when i kill him

being vindictive is fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
even better is when they own up and everything is cool by the end, which he also did

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

all I wanted for christmas was a knife, any knife and gaben failed me again

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Photex posted:

all I wanted for christmas was a knife, any knife and gaben failed me again

180 buckaroos coulda gotten you a mighty fine knife champ (I've spent more on cases and all I have is regrets)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Depths posted:

180 buckaroos coulda gotten you a mighty fine knife champ (I've spent more on cases and all I have is regrets)

that's basically on cases over the entire time I've played so yeah, buying a knife just doesn't feel the same either.

• Locked thread