Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dexie posted:

Wait, Grateful isn't his final form?

He doesn't get his final form until episode 31/32/33

I can say this with all confidence because that's just how the show works now as part of one of the weird toyetic formulas that goes with Kamen Rider as of Double onwards.

Drive did it at 33, and Wizard did it 31. The rest all got theirs at episode 32 because toys.

The really weird thing is that Gaim even did it dead on despite not having the two episode formula.

EDIT: Though to be fair, OOO's final form, if you want to get REALLY technical, is either his actual first form, or his Red form, because OOOs actually played around with the forms a fair bit. Its one thing I really like about OOOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I know they have the formula, but...eh. Grateful really comes across as final form-esque to me. I mean, it apparently lets him use the power of all fifteen Eyecons, which makes it really similar to Fourze and Gaim's final forms.

Then again, Wizard had All-Dragon as his mid-season thing, so there's that, I guess.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Changeman 04

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Gah! I can't keep up!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The vests on Changeman always hosed with my sense of aesthetic but the lazy Halloween costume-ness of the next Sentai is bad enough that suddenly these don't look so bad.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Flashman movie

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

FortMax posted:

Amazing hit after amazing hit

Goddamn, thank you and your team for seriously kicking rear end on the releases. You guys make it a great time to be toku fans, seriously.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm really enjoying Changeman so far. Actually, it's probably the most fun I've had with any sentai.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Changeman 05

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Everyone should go watch Ghost 11 now because it was really good. Easily has the best fight in the series that is also just straight up a really good toku fight.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Zyuohger

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yeah that was a super good episode. the plot's finally getting moving, there was a giant action sequence set piece with some good choreography, that episode loving owned.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
it is getting good, but they are still really relying a little too hard on characters pointing things out as questions and implying they know things without admitting them

Also, we know mr. scaryteeth, makato's, and takeru's motivations but it's implied that sage, alan, javel ALL have seperate and highly secret plans for the 15 eyeballs.
loving last rider war there were only two riders who were serious about the Forbidden Fruit, this game has so many players, man.

At least Yurasen remains pure. He wants eyeballs because he's just a greedy lil eyemonster, and also the Best Character.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

At least Yurasen remains pure. He wants eyeballs because he's just a greedy lil eyemonster, and also the Best Character.
Yurusen is a close second for me after Kamen Rider Anger, but I do like Expired Ticket very much.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Yurusen's character is kind of weird.

We have no idea who she is, she hasn't really done much but summon the bike and the ridiculous iguana and occasonally quip, and the role of mentor/supporting character of that type is awkwardly split between her and the Sage. I can't tell if they're just going to gloss over her being around, or if who she is will be incredibly important.

I like that Ghost's plot is completely unpredictable at this point, but that doesn't mean that what we get will be particularly interesting. And Takeru is possibly even blander than Haruto, because at least Haruto didn't parrot the same two lines over and over while being overall kind of wimpy. Takeru feels like he barely does anything between punching Ganma. And at least Haruto had a great personality whenever he was allowed to have it and bounced off of Beast well.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ghost is a super weird show that I have a hard time saying is good or bad. Like, it's not great, but it has these moments of being just super loving dope, like the newest episode

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Expired Ticket

I just wanna say, I'm really glad we're referring to Yurusen as "Expired Ticket".

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Reds posted:

Yurusen's character is kind of weird.

We have no idea who she is, she hasn't really done much but summon the bike and the ridiculous iguana and occasonally quip, and the role of mentor/supporting character of that type is awkwardly split between her and the Sage. I can't tell if they're just going to gloss over her being around, or if who she is will be incredibly important.

I like that Ghost's plot is completely unpredictable at this point, but that doesn't mean that what we get will be particularly interesting. And Takeru is possibly even blander than Haruto, because at least Haruto didn't parrot the same two lines over and over while being overall kind of wimpy. Takeru feels like he barely does anything between punching Ganma. And at least Haruto had a great personality whenever he was allowed to have it and bounced off of Beast well.

I think the thing about Takeru is that we don't really know how he's going after this. He spent the first 10 episodes in some level of 'holy poo poo I'm dying'. Which is understandable; for all intents and purposes during that time period, it really didn't look like he was sure he could save his own life, much less someone else's; he wasn't very heroic at all, but he had also just died and I can at least identify with someone whose a little shell shocked at being dead. If that was an intended observation; like the idea was to show Takeru was legitimately having issues coming to terms with his impending demise and couldn't really grasp it, it's a good concept that was okay at execution provided that this moment here in episode 11 is where he stops doing that, because it's character growth.

But this last episode he's kind of grown past that, it seems. He didn't fret at engaging Javel, who had already shown was highly capable of destroying him if he wasn't going to go all out, and he didn't think twice, really, about giving up his live to save someone else's. That's a heroic trait, and if this becomes the moment where he stops being wimpy and instead becomes brave and willing to take risks to save people, then that's gonna change the series a lot, but it depends on how it goes. There's nothing wrong with a Kamen Rider whose kind of uncertain but does it in a brave way; Ryotaro is kind of wimpy and uncertain, but he's also brave and willing to engage things way above his weight class because it's the right thing to do.

Acne Rain posted:

it is getting good, but they are still really relying a little too hard on characters pointing things out as questions and implying they know things without admitting them

Also, we know mr. scaryteeth, makato's, and takeru's motivations but it's implied that sage, alan, javel ALL have seperate and highly secret plans for the 15 eyeballs.
loving last rider war there were only two riders who were serious about the Forbidden Fruit, this game has so many players, man.

Alan doesn't have a plan for the eyecons, does he? He seemed surprised that they had as much power as they did. His power seems to be something involving the Gamna World taking over the Human World or something, and Javel seems to have the same idea, but just be more knowledgable about the Eyecons.

I don't know what the Sage wants.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The sage wanted Takeru to wish himself back to life. The reason is still unclear, but the wishing process was obviously a big deal.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
that's probably right about aran and javel, still put them at slightly differing sides if they aren't quite working together and sharing all their notes, and I kind of thought the ganma were just being commanded by bad teeth

but for sage, he did mutter some mysterious poo poo at bad teeth at takeru instead of being a goofy goober. Seems to be dissapointed at Takeru for not bringing himself back, commented that "he'll be an old man" if he has to wait for him? and that he wasn't paying attention to how many eyeballs bad teeth had but that he cannot accomplish what he intendeds to without a belt?

at the very least he might not be nefarious like I thought he might be but he's differently playing a game and has his own desires here.
My own guess is that he wants to incarnate into Takeru's revived body.

As for badteeth, Necrom's identity has not been leaked, but my money is on that guy. He's a ghostologist and much smarter than sage, so he probably knows that he'd SHOULD need a belt but may have built an alternative, and Necrom's gear is supposedly super science substitutes for the usual. AND everyone kind of forgot about him...

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Badteeth might be controlling some Ganma but not all; he clearly has no authority over Javel, and Aran is apparently the 'High Prince' of the Ganma, from what Javel said. according to some leaked info Aran also has an older Brother, who was the one who sent Javel in the first place, so it seems like Aran and Badteeth were working for mutually beneficial practices or Aran was using Badteeth and letting him have some of the Ganma in order to advance his own plan.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I have a feeling that Javel is [spoilers]going to end up being Necrom, or at the very least someone from the Ganma World.[/spoilers]

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I sincerely doubt that they will make the snaggle-toothed old man be the third rider. He is dead, ganma are ghosts, so why wouldn't he come back as some sort of ganma? Now, if it was just creating the belt but not using it that would be another matter entirely.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Making the cool new rider an uncool old man would be one of the coolest twists since the secret identity of Virgo horoscope, the pinkest girliest monster

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Should I catch up on ghost?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Ehhh....If there was a summary episode that went up to now, I'd probably suggest that over watching the first 9 or 10 episodes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Concerning Badteeth: He's not coming back. Toei put up the pictures of him receiving the flowers that actors always get when they're done filming their final episode of a show.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yes. It's only ten episodes, and there's some good moments in those ten.

It started off kind of ehh, but it really is a show that's gotten better with each episode.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Dexie posted:

Concerning Badteeth: He's not coming back. Toei put up the pictures of him receiving the flowers that actors always get when they're done filming their final episode of a show.

maybe he gets a new younger actor body or something? idk

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Merry Christmas, gently caress Ninninger.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 25, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Merry Christmas, gently caress Ninninger.

"gently caress Ninninger" was my reaction to it as well, but the three Akaningers might not be all Takaharu, but rather grandpa, dad and son all together as Akaningers. Yoshitaka was always shown with a black and red suit, so it isn't a stretch to say that he might've been the previous Akaninger.

That said, it also basically sets in stone that Takaharu will be the Last Ninja because gently caress everyone that isn't Takaharu, I guess.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Assuming that's true, then Dadninger gets his nintality back somehow - fox dies, pulls some trick to finally bring Gengetsu back, Tsumuji reclaims it? Could be worse I suppose.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There are other colors.

Castiel Thursday
Jan 5, 2013

http://midnightcrewsubs.blogspot.com/2015/12/masked-rider-kuuga-1-22-v3-release.html

Posted Kuuga 1-22 batch

Grongi translations muxed in now (not default). Something went wrong with 23-25, will release those when they're unfucked (hopefully a week or less)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What's wrong with that? Ninninger is using all the colors of the redbow.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Was it just me or was a lot of the fight in Ghost 11 taking place in locations they used for the Overlord's hangout in Helheim from Gaim?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

jivjov posted:

Was it just me or was a lot of the fight in Ghost 11 taking place in locations they used for the Overlord's hangout in Helheim from Gaim?

Not just you, it definitely was! I was thinking that they were going to pull a Cid on Javel there when they took out Newton.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Not just you, it definitely was! I was thinking that they were going to pull a Cid on Javel there when they took out Newton.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Poor Cid. He deserved better than he got.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, yall are totally right. I need to turn in my Gaim superfan license for not noticing. That's really cool, though, happy to see it again, and it made a great fight location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WickedHate posted:

Holy poo poo, yall are totally right. I need to turn in my Gaim superfan license for not noticing. That's really cool, though, happy to see it again, and it made a great fight location.

It took me a minute to recognize it without the helheim color filter and foliage

• Locked thread