Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Hey Santa! Thanks a lot, lot, lot for an amazing surprise!

Despite camouflage packaging to blend in with other gifts, the phallic shape was a telltale sign of goon involvement.

The two gift inspectors did not give a single poo poo about the package. This is when I murmured "it's going to be some dumb Star Wars poster, isn't it?".

But lo and behold, it was not one, not two, but a shitload of awesome revolutionary poster prints! Urah!

They're still rolling up after sitting in a tube for so long, so I had to improvise paperweights out of some random civil war books to present them for photography.

But best of all, my santa did not just stop on that single motif and also added a (very cool) u-boot one!

This is great, Santa! I thank you as much as my girlfriend will curse you for having our upcoming flat plastered with cool historyshit rather than boring dragons!

PS. Was the writing on the receipt from you or the manufacturer? I had trouble deciphering it, to the point I only think it's German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright kids, today is Christmas Eve!

It does not look like we are getting away with a totally clean Secret Santa this year. Here are the trouble spots:

Schmetterling: half your gift never arrived. Your Santa is keeping tabs and will follow through with whatever happened there. Not a grinch.
Helen Highwater: your santa shipped partial, quite late, which hasn't arrived yet. The other part hasn't gotten to your Santa yet. Your santa definitely left things pretty late, but still shipped at least part of your gift with reasonable time and postage to get there by christmas. International packages just sometimes get badly delayed. Not a grinch, although a little procrastination played a role here.
Gravy Train Robber: did you get your gift from your other main round santa yet? It shipped a while ago. If not, we'll give your postal service a while to discover your gift. Your santa did send it with plenty of time to arrive, so not a grinch. Possibly confusion because you had two main round santas, so we should take inventory and make sure...
Rhjamiz: Your santa procrastinated badly and shipped late. The last I heard was that your santa was planning to ship "this week", back on the 18th. You might get your gift today. If not, it's probably your santa's fault for waiting so long. We will give it a little time, but this is a borderline case.
Cobbsprite: one of your santas shipped a while ago. Did you get a second gift yet? There should have been sufficient time on this one. Probably not a grinch.
Deadgame: your santa shipped pretty late. Maybe your gift will arrive today! If not, it's late due to procrastination, but it is inbound. Borderline not a grinch.

Ego Trip: Your main round secret santa, MySwan, is not responding to emails or PMs, and has not posted that he sent a gift. I also have not heard from you, either. Maybe MySwan is a grinch! Or maybe he isn't. I simply can't tell. At least one of you guys needs to show up and post something, or send an email, or something! This is a Schrödinger's grinch situation. Please can one of you guys provide clarity?

Just Dan Again: your gift shows as arrived yesterday, dec. 23rd. Did you get it?

Round 1
Spincut is working with Kai Tave on a FedEx package mysteriously handed over to the USPS, failed to deliver, and not yet shown up returned to the vendor. Weird! But you guys are both on top of this as best you can. In the event the merchandise never rematerializes and the vendor does not generate a refund, charitable degrinching procedures will be initiated. This is definitely not a goon grinch situation, but potentially FedEx has grinched Spincut, and amends may need to be made.
Kai Tave is also expecting a package from babylon astronaut, who indicated the package shipped. Most likely it's caught up in the flooded-post-office situation. We will give that one some time to play out as well.

round 2
thegodofchuck has 1/2 of a gift. The other half should probably have arrived by now? Is it there? multi-round participants can't always parse gifts properly, but thegodofchuck if you could provide an inventory of what you've gotten, that'd help.
Kai Tave, at least half of your gift has arrived at the alternate address you provided. You're picking that up today or tomorrow I think. The other half should get there very soon. This goon procrastinated a bit, but came through at the end so this is not a grinch situation, especially given the circumstances.

round 3
YF19pilot is expecting a gift from an international santa very soon. Tracking sucks when packages cross international borders. This one was sent with reasonable time on it, so this is not a grinching situation, just a delay most likely.

round 4
is complete. The goons who had the least time to get things shipped, got them delivered and received first. These are good Santas.

Everyone:
I'll be leaving for my folks' house this afternoon or early evening, and won't be home again until after dinner on Christmas day. I'll check in with emails and the thread then, and then I'll be gone again for most of Saturday. Please stick around in the thread for a while, because there's a chance I'll need to summon the Degrinching Army to provide fill-in post-Christmas gift duties. Once the last of the major issues is dealt with, or some time around New Years regardless, I'll be requesting your feedback as well. I want your ideas and suggestions for how to refine and improve the annual TGSS process. Also, don't forget that you can sign up for the TGSS mailing list, which is only ever used to send out an annual notification when the TGSS thread goes up. Just send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and request to be added to the list!

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

I heard from my roommates a little while ago that my gift did indeed arrive yesterday! I'm unfortunately a couple thousand miles away from it at the moment, but I'll tear through that wrapping paper on Sunday night!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Thanks for running this again leperflesh, your logistics are always impressive! This was great fun. Merry Christmas!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lichtenstein posted:

Hey Santa! Thanks a lot, lot, lot for an amazing surprise!

This is great, Santa! I thank you as much as my girlfriend will curse you for having our upcoming flat plastered with cool historyshit rather than boring dragons!

PS. Was the writing on the receipt from you or the manufacturer? I had trouble deciphering it, to the point I only think it's German.

Really glad you like it, since I was wracking my brain really hard to get something for you... your preferences + a bit of post history stalking revealed that I had no idea what to get you that was game-related, but you mentioned a hard-on for Lenin-era Soviet stuff and for subs, so I ran with that. Fun fact: the poster with the cavalryman (which I think is one of the coolest), must apparently be a freebie from the guy I bought it from on Amazon, because I didn't pay for it! The original order only had the other 4 posters on it.

And don't worry about them rolling up, just stick them under paperweights for a few days and they'll even out. Then frame that poo poo and put it all over your wargaming den!

And yeah the writing on the receipt is from the manufacturer, since I bought it through the Amazon Marketplace. If you want to type it up and PM it to me / post it here, I'll let you know what it says (hopefully something friendly and not creepy political poo poo). I also have no loving clue what any of the Russian in those posters says, I kinda had to trust the seller's very brief description about what the themes were in each.

Edit: for curiosity's sake, what's the quality of the print? I ordered some similar ones from a different guy on Amazon and the DPI was less than ideal. Decent enough to view from a few meters away but up-close you could tell they were working with either a lovely large-format printer or fairly low-resolution source files.

Drone fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 24, 2015

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Leperflesh posted:

round 2
thegodofchuck has 1/2 of a gift. The other half should probably have arrived by now? Is it there? multi-round participants can't always parse gifts properly, but thegodofchuck if you could provide an inventory of what you've gotten, that'd help.

I thought I had received everything, but here's my haul:

thegodofchuck posted:

Antivehicular

Looking back over the thread made me see a post where Spincut was waiting to receive the second part from me, I'm not sure if you got that mixed up with a part going out? (That did make to him, it was paint). But if there's more coming, I'll take more loot, sure!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah, OK. I had you down as received 1 of 2 from Spincut. I must have gotten that wrong! Thanks for following up. :)

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

German theory: Hallo zweite ???
??? ??? ??? Rit

English theory: Hello ??? thanks
Include ??? ??? ??? Rit

Though I suspect it's German that's less illegible and more me being extremely rusty with it and not knowing what words to look for in my brain.

The print is ok. It's not super crisp if you stick your nose to the paper, but nothing jumps out at you. I'd say its good, but could get rocky if printed in a bigger format. Then again, I'm comparing photos of old papers to poo poo printed professionally straight from InDesign, so I'm not really sure what a best achievable quality really is in this case.

As for the posters, they say (in order of my earlier photos)
1) Left: Citizens! Supply your weapons! (As in, "can we borrow some rifles and poo poo?")
Right: Mount up, Proletariat! (Text at the bottom amounts to: Communism really needs some sweet cavalry, grab a horse dude)
2) Left: Lenin sweeps the filth from the face of Earth.
Right: 10 Commandments of the Proletariat (dutifully listed in a very long fine print at the bottom of the drat thing)

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I shall wait patiently, Leperflesh. :v:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Yeah it's English but I have no idea what the word after "Hello" is. So it's looking like "Hello ... thanks, include a complimentary print". :confused:

Oh well, at any rate you like them and you got a free one! :3:

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Played Queue with my family tonight - it's a hit! (My brother won, but we're wise to his devious ways now.)

I tried calling the deli earlier but it didn't go well, and I had too much Christmas organising to do to press the matter. Never mind: it'll keep until after Christmas.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

WereJace is a rad Santa who totally came through despite the first gift mysteriously disappearing upon reaching the totally ethical USA customs agents.

I got some sweet toppings!

To go with some sweet games!

Thank you WereJace!

That is actually the original package, so I'm happy you got it! The replacement snacks should have arrived today too!

The letter that got left out explained the sauce and jelly a little better-both of those products are made by some good buddies and fellow gamers around these parts, and they're regular additions to our game night snacks.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Leperflesh posted:

Gravy Train Robber: did you get your gift from your other main round santa yet? It shipped a while ago. If not, we'll give your postal service a while to discover your gift. Your santa did send it with plenty of time to arrive, so not a grinch. Possibly confusion because you had two main round santas, so we should take inventory and make sure...

So far I've received a Children of December box set from one Santa, but no sign of anything else goon-related. I'll be in the office today (25th) and tomorrow (26th) in case anything arrives, but then I'll be gone until the 4th. Someone should be around to sign for it still, though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
My phone is being lovely and not sending pictures to my computer but I'm posting to say that Niemat's gift to me arrived today, courtesy of a family friend whose post office isn't currently being decontaminated. It's three Imperial Assault expansion packs! I got Stormtroopers, Wookies, and a couple of Hired Guns, all of which are very Star Warsy and all of which I promise to put to good use when I get around to running ImpAss for my semi-regular gaming buds. Thanks Niemat!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Phone shittiness resolved, have some pictures!

And here's Dr. Clockwork's earlier gift to me chilling next to my Rebel Transport.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gravy Train Robber posted:

So far I've received a Children of December box set from one Santa, but no sign of anything else goon-related. I'll be in the office today (25th) and tomorrow (26th) in case anything arrives, but then I'll be gone until the 4th. Someone should be around to sign for it still, though.

OK, I believe that you received your gift from YF19pilot, but did not yet receive a gift from DeadGame, who shipped on or around the 17th, perhaps with insufficient postage to get it here on time, or perhaps just delayed by the normal postal service difficulties of the season. Keep an eye out for it, but if you don't get it before you're gone, my apologies.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Sorry for radio silence. I'm out of town till the weekend, so I can't comment on the presence or lack of a gift until then.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Leperflesh posted:

OK, I believe that you received your gift from YF19pilot, but did not yet receive a gift from DeadGame, who shipped on or around the 17th, perhaps with insufficient postage to get it here on time, or perhaps just delayed by the normal postal service difficulties of the season. Keep an eye out for it, but if you don't get it before you're gone, my apologies.

Yeah, that was my gift. I totally forgot to reveal myself as the Santa on that one (I picked Rasputina because she was the starter set I had bought when I was first thinking of getting into Malifaux, really enjoyed painting her up).

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

YF19pilot posted:

Yeah, that was my gift. I totally forgot to reveal myself as the Santa on that one (I picked Rasputina because she was the starter set I had bought when I was first thinking of getting into Malifaux, really enjoyed painting her up).

Rasputina is great, thank you! Very seasonally appropriate. I haven't had a chance to sit down and work on it yet, but it'll be my goal for January.

Leperflesh posted:

No worries at all!

Also, as someone currently living in the future, Merry Christmas!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I didn't get the chance to upload the photos until now, but I did receive the other part of my gift!

More colourful wrapping paper! What could it be?

It's Entropy!

Researching this, it was recently Kickstarted, and comes from the Brisbane area, where I live!

I ran a boardgames breakfast on the 23rd, where five of us shared a giant pile of pancakes and then tried a few games of Entropy.

Thank you very much, Santa!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:toot: Hope it was fun, the same people have another game too, called Rise to Power.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Been busy with family stuff, but I finally got to open my Santa's gift myself - from Spincut, I believe. This sucker actually arrived about an hour after I left the place after Thanksgiving to return to grad school, so it's been a wait!

The package! It had already been inspected by my brother and the contents described in generic terms when I was contemplating getting a present from MM and padding the order, but I ended up buying local. He didn't get sprayed in the face with acid, so I assumed the way was clear. The catte probably wouldn't have been cooperative anyways. I liked the "Pyrolocutus Industries" touch.

The gift! Over on the left is Annyssa, a Hordes Legion of Everblight solo. She'll likely do some nasty things to my enemies in the name of Everblight. I also picked up the Nyss Raptors from my FLGS during the Christmas sale, so she'll be leading them into glorious battle. In the middle is a Malifuax Ressurectionist Flesh Construct with hapless victim. I'm getting into Rezzers from 10T and look forward to having him as a summoning battery with Kirai, as well as for if I pick up McMourning, or just need a giant bag of wounds for whatever purpose. On the right is a HaqqIslam Hunzakut for Infinity, and a new rad sculpt at that. She'll be aces for doing Irregular things on the table and FOing the poo poo out of my opponent.

Overall an great selection and I look forward to painting and playing with these, hopefully having them painted by the end of January. Spin, I'll probably post the trio to the Miniature painting thread with a crosspost to the Malifaux thread.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
It is opening day! Merry Christmas goons!

Post Master Eris was presented with the package and gave me a look which either meant "this has been in the house for ages already you idiot" or "I'm not touching that".

Once I opened it up she wouldn't go near it so I think she isn't keen on the smell of burnt mdf. Speaking of which....

Thanks Santa! I had guessed from the bulk and weight it might be mdf terrain but was not expecting it to be one massive building! This is a really cool looking set and I look forward to Batmaning across it!

Here is a picture of postal assistant Loki with the swag not giving a crap about doing his job. Maybe I should have shipped him off to join his clone at Galaspar's house after all ...

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Opening day here too, and Ugleb mate, you certainly didn't disappoint!

Necromunda gangs! Proper mid-nineties ones! Nearly bought some from a trader a few weeks ago, but finding them complete for sensible money is drat near impossible. So, are these complete?

More than, in fact! As it happens, Orlock were my gang back in the day, although i mostly made do with plastic models. One of the few metal guys i had was the Heavy with the giant machine gun, and i profoundly regret chopping him up to arm an Ork, so I'm overjoyed to have a replacement. Great to finally have the others too. And there's some extra plastic guys for good measure!

Always wanted to start a Redemption, never got round to it. Gang's all here, plus an extra three, one of them handily chopped up for converting! Great stuff, but there's more!

Nestled in the Orlock box was this fantastic Hired Gun, who is pretty sought-after these days.

Catte Inspector Bequin (or could it be Loki?) is clearly overwhelmed, and so am I. Many thanks Ugleb, and Merry Christmas to all!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Galaspar posted:

Opening day here too, and Ugleb mate, you certainly didn't disappoint!

Necromunda gangs! Proper mid-nineties ones! Nearly bought some from a trader a few weeks ago, but finding them complete for sensible money is drat near impossible. So, are these complete?

More than, in fact! As it happens, Orlock were my gang back in the day, although i mostly made do with plastic models. One of the few metal guys i had was the Heavy with the giant machine gun, and i profoundly regret chopping him up to arm an Ork, so I'm overjoyed to have a replacement. Great to finally have the others too. And there's some extra plastic guys for good measure!

Always wanted to start a Redemption, never got round to it. Gang's all here, plus an extra three, one of them handily chopped up for converting! Great stuff, but there's more!

Nestled in the Orlock box was this fantastic Hired Gun, who is pretty sought-after these days.

Catte Inspector Bequin (or could it be Loki?) is clearly overwhelmed, and so am I. Many thanks Ugleb, and Merry Christmas to all!

I am soo relieved you like them! I was pretty sure that you would and know this stuff is still in demand (with eBay prices to match) but I was nervous about sending used.

Sorry I didn't have time to strip them before posting, feel free to put any 'favourites' up in the uninspiration thread as penance! ;)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Ah, stripping will be no trouble at all, brake fluid and a toothbrush and I'll be oathing them in no time. Thanks again!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Gift opening time!

I do not have a cat to inspect stuff but everything seems to be in order.

Thanks for the warning.

Holy moly, that's a lot of stuff! Resin and MDF ruins, snow basing materials, some old Warhammer Vampire Counts stuff and a laser line pointer! Much appreciated, Lichtenstein, I will put this stuff to good use!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Merry Christmas, everyone!

My sister gave me Frostgrave for xmas. :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A belated Merry Xmas to all! And especially to Leperflesh for arranging the whole thing, you rock!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Merry Boxing Day everyone.

I'll have to do this properly next year!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for putting this together Leperflesh!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Happy Boxing Day, thread! I'll echo the thanks to Leperflesh -- the logistics of this thread and the smoothness with which it runs are really impressive. My gift thankfully went better than I expected, but it was good to know there was support if it had gone any worse. (Never ordering directly from Mantic again.)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It was fun! I definitely plan to participate next year, barring anything which leaves me with no time to properly attend to it.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
The second part of my gift turned up on December 21st, and I got it posted off on the 23rd. I've also managed to get the app working on my phone, so my levels of fail have dipped slightly.

I can finally post my most excellent gift. An interesting box, what could be inside??

Inspectors must check it out first, of course.

Given how much I love Fallout this is wonderful :D look at all these handmade goodies.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Thanks Leperflesh!
I look forward to doing this again next year.
Merry Christmas to one and all!

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
So, I opened my presents on witch christmas and got too lazybusy to post pics:

Nice! These will definitely see some play at my house. Thanks, bucnasti! Merry Christmas!

Here's one of my cats playing with the wrapping paper and the other one getting pissed off at having his picture taken:

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
The past few days have kept me very, very busy with family activities. But I did check to see what the secret santa sent me. So let's take a look, shall we?

Oooh, dice! I like dice!

Understood. I WILL CRUSH MY FRIENDS IN GAMES FOR GOONDOR! :black101: LET'S OPEN THIS BAD BOY UP!

Holy poo poo Santa. Merry loving Christmas! :gifttank:

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

The other gift arrived, but a single working day late!

I hosed up the photo, but gift inspectors took some interest in the package this time...

... And for a good reason! I got a cool little bluffing game and a bunch of sweets to get my skinny rear end to properly goony size.

Great choice of game, Santa, and with a great timing to boot - it'll see use on the New Year's Eve, which will be of alcohol & cardboard variety. I've also tried the wafers so far and they're very nice. I wouldn't think of Scotland of all places as the sweets capital of the world, but people kept bringing me awesome cookies and poo poo from there over this year.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Lichtenstein posted:

The other gift arrived, but a single working day late!

I hosed up the photo, but gift inspectors took some interest in the package this time...

... And for a good reason! I got a cool little bluffing game and a bunch of sweets to get my skinny rear end to properly goony size.

Great choice of game, Santa, and with a great timing to boot - it'll see use on the New Year's Eve, which will be of alcohol & cardboard variety. I've also tried the wafers so far and they're very nice. I wouldn't think of Scotland of all places as the sweets capital of the world, but people kept bringing me awesome cookies and poo poo from there over this year.

Oh thank gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The front office of my apt. complex is back to regular business hours so I'll be checking there today and tomorrow. Hopefully it didn't get routed to some warehouse. Hopefully it was via UPS.

• Locked thread