Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm not proud of this fight, but it worked. thanks for the giant tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfESHsfVwvw

now i've got chalice rom to worry about, but i think i'm going to get my weapon to +10 for that. i'm screwing around in unseen village, and i think i'm going to make ludwig my next goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

on my first try i got the cainhurst hunter down to his last hit worth of health legitimately, he dodged away, healed, and then immediately nailed me with 2 shots to finish me off fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

he has been the worst person i ve faced. worse than martyr

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i'm not proud of this fight, but it worked. thanks for the giant tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfESHsfVwvw

now i've got chalice rom to worry about, but i think i'm going to get my weapon to +10 for that. i'm screwing around in unseen village, and i think i'm going to make ludwig my next goal.

i fought chalice rom way early on my blind playthrough (before getting to him in the story) and he pissed me off

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sort of got lucky on ludwig last time. i hope i can do it again.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Fighting Ludwig makes me happy I decided to main the blade(s) of mercy. Which are extremely sick, imo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't think I could lose to ludwig on a proper character after fighting him so many times at sl4, but he is a surprising guy.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus, i had him down to 1/5th and then he pinned me against the wall and did those low slashes. i loving suck at fighting him so much.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

is there a trick to the chain version of undead giant? it's my least favorite boss in the game, and i just want to get past it.

hit him twice and back off. thats it, cos he'll always spin. maybe u can catch him in the middle of an attack and get some more hits in, but thats up to you.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haven't played this game in like 4-5 months gonna make a new character.

Hope I'm not rusty

frank.club fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 24, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Omg the wolf in the second room clipped through me when I opened the door out and killed me in the courtyard

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I played bloodborne by borrowing my friends ps4 for like a couple weeks and beat it a bunch of times and then sometimes i would play my characters at his house, but now im not friends with that guy any more and i have no way of playing the cool dlc and i keep reading this thread and rly wanting to QQ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made a new guy that'll I'll be preparing for the dlc. I'm going to use some gift money to buy it and friggin dark cloud oh my god

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I forgot that you could get a copy of Bloodborne for free in Denmark if you donated some of your own blood to a blood bank http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/in-europe-you-can-buy-bloodborne-with-a-unit-of-your-own-blood/

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

Haven't played this game in like 4-5 months gonna make a new character.

Hope I'm not rusty

Same. It's taking forever to download this patch/DLC. fuuuuu

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

I forgot that you could get a copy of Bloodborne for free in Denmark if you donated some of your own blood to a blood bank http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/in-europe-you-can-buy-bloodborne-with-a-unit-of-your-own-blood/

We are born of the blood, made gamers by the blood

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

quote:

Rather than automatically receiving a copy of Bloodborne—which would be far too easy—donors must give blood and then roll a die to see if they've won a copy of the new game or another PS4 game.

The Dark Souls of blood drives.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

The Dark Souls of blood drives.

Just gotta go home and come back again the next day for another roll.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Nah, if you want to play again they take more blood on the same day, hope you don't go mad or turn into a beast before you get your hands on a copy.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to go hollow by giving a lot of blood and not having blood any more and being all wrinkly

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What does a beast pellet do

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

frank.club posted:

Eat it and go hit something

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

hit something several times in a row

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

example

https://youtu.be/g_OQl8hByVg?t=16s

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
they're sort of rare, but they make you hit a lot harder, and increase damage the longer your hit streak

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They cost 1 insight in the store, so they're as rare as insight is.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

They cost 1 insight in the store, so they're as rare as insight is.

lol, oh drat... i didn't know they were at the insight shop. i never use them, actually. yeah, go nuts with them.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow alright then.
Would anyone be down to help on micolash I know that's embarrassing but he and the mannequin things are suddenly 1-2 hitting me this run

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

Wow alright then.
Would anyone be down to help on micolash I know that's embarrassing but he and the mannequin things are suddenly 1-2 hitting me this run

i've heard that they buffed him a little in the DLC patch. i'm looking forward to getting there with my new character, but i want to beat ludwig to get the HMS before i go into the nightmare of mensis

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's what I'm planning on once I get the dlc. Maybe I'm under leveled for this? He was my least favorite fight by a mile last time.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love fighting micolash. i feel like it's bed of chaos done right.

i also figured out good ways to bait him into running the right way, which i think helps make the fight less tedious.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He just runs to the right spot now but it's really hard to pull off now that messing up just a bit means death and then chasing him around again. I went to go kill Iosefka and she's freaking out on an examining table what does this mean

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

He just runs to the right spot now but it's really hard to pull off now that messing up just a bit means death and then chasing him around again. I went to go kill Iosefka and she's freaking out on an examining table what does this mean

It means you missed the chance to get her rune but you can get something else if you kill her. If you want the rune you have to kill her before rom iirc.

For micolash my biggest tip would be to stay close and do not run out of stamina. Just hit him 2 or 3 times, then circle around until your stamina is full and repeat.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got him in the chamber once and a loving manniquin came down and wrecked me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

I got him in the chamber once and a loving manniquin came down and wrecked me.

in the second chamber? never seen that if so, that sucks. there are 2 mannequins in chamber 1 that you should take care of before you fight him if not.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I've been doing that. I don't even remember them being a problem last time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

lol, oh drat... i didn't know they were at the insight shop. i never use them, actually. yeah, go nuts with them.

Dude, I would say try them out. It seriously changes your play style and is a fun way to mix things up

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've gotten through this game like 1.5 times never tried one lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another thing to note for beast pellets is that the more damage you do the more damage you take

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
now that i know i can insight shop them i might try them out on ludwig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I think i want to do a beast claw ng+ run with the dlc rune, seems like it would be pretty bad rear end