Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

I beat it, but someone spoiled the main gimmick for me which kept me from experiencing much of the game's depth. Still really fun though, too bad about the terrible fans who fundamentally misunderstand the medium.

Did you BEAT-beat it or did you just do a neutral run? One of the bits in the True Pacifist final boss battle (when Asriel's attacking you and bringing your health down to decimal points while screaming "JUST LET ME WIN") hit me way harder than it reasonably should have. Was pretty much the moment where I decided that Undertale was straight up art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Now I'll probably watch the Star Wars Holiday Special

dont

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My dad is a truther and also hates absolutely anything the government does, and he believes voting literally doesn't do anything because THEY decide was measures on the ballot pass or fail. Everyone on the other side is also very conservative. Earlier, my stepdad was saying that he seriously thinks my cousin's husband could be a terrorist because he's from Pakistan and hasn't been employed for a year. Fun times when you're the only left-winger in the whole group.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Or just grab some triple sec and lines along with the tequila and have a homemade margarita, those rule.

If someone tried to bring pre mixed margaritas into my house i would turf them out, christmas or no

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

But I gotta remind myself of how much coke Carrie Fisher did once upon a time!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Margot Kidder is insanely good in Black Christmas. it's one of those incongruously great performances in a grubby little genre movie, like Michael Moriarty in Q: The Winged Serpent or Harvey Keitel in From Dusk Til Dawn.

PYF one of those

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Did you BEAT-beat it

Yeah I beat-beat it, because I knew the gimmick. I just did a pacifist run right away. This is what I'm upset about. I would probably never have done that naturally, and would've gone back to see what I can change and would've appreciated the different outcomes and depth of the story as a result. Instead I already knew what the right answer to the game's central question was.

Still a great experience, obviously.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
QT's still got it, friends. Holy moly.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Margot Kidder is insanely good in Black Christmas. it's one of those incongruously great performances in a grubby little genre movie, like Michael Moriarty in Q: The Winged Serpent or Harvey Keitel in From Dusk Til Dawn.

PYF one of those

Can I say Michael Rooker in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer? That's the one that immediately comes to mind. Also probably my favorite acting debut ever.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn The Revenant was such a badass movie. Really refreshing after having the kinda glaze over man child masturbatory orgasm of star wars to actually have something that made me feel scared in my man parts and walked out feeling both terrified of nature, bears, native Americans, men with beards, and feeling like a total bitch made who wouldn't last a week on the frontier.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Can I say Michael Rooker in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer? That's the one that immediately comes to mind. Also probably my favorite acting debut ever.

hmmmmm.... tough call, because Henry is just so impeccably well-made all around, and Rooker's co-stars are very good too. i'm more thinking of performances and characters that are incongruously human and fleshed out compared to the movie around them.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

soy posted:

Goddamn The Revenant was such a badass movie. Really refreshing after having the kinda glaze over man child masturbatory orgasm of star wars to actually have something that made me feel scared in my man parts and walked out feeling both terrified of nature, bears, native Americans, men with beards, and feeling like a total bitch made who wouldn't last a week on the frontier.

Yes I too fear Native Americans

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

did it make you feel more or less afraid of being raped by bears

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There is a new LCD Soundsystem song in the year 2015, merry loving christmas y'all

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

did it make you feel more or less afraid of being raped by bears

I really couldn't give less of a poo poo if something raped me, so neutral?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yes I too fear Native Americans

More so 1820's pissed off ones, I hung out with a lot of Chumash people growing up and they seemed totally chill.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Literally The Worst posted:

DON'T SMOKE
DON'T DRINK
DON'T gently caress
MY LIFE IS SUPER BORING

This is basically it for me except the third thing on that list is less voluntary than the rest.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Mixed drinks.

Especially fruity "girl drink" coctails where you can hardly taste the alcohol but there is usually lots of it.

Also if you're really poor you could try mixing vanilla extract with a cola drink. It just tastes like Vanilla Coke and will get you pretty drunk if you don't mind feeling like a complete bum.

This sounds like some straight up hobo poo poo.

soy posted:

:stare:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

soy posted:

:crossarms:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

PYF one of those

It's not "little" I suppose, but I wanna say Woody in Natural Born Killers.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

It's not "little" I suppose, but I wanna say Woody in Natural Born Killers.

yeah, i wouldn't have necessarily thought of that but i'll count it. i don't even particularly like that movie but Harrelson inarguably gives a world-class performance.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

PYF one of those

Jeffrey Combs in anything.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

soy posted:

I plan on seeing it again for sure. Such a savagely beautiful movie.

14 minutes into the Holiday Special and this has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars. Also they hired a woman to play Mark Hamill.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

hmmmmm.... tough call, because Henry is just so impeccably well-made all around, and Rooker's co-stars are very good too. i'm more thinking of performances and characters that are incongruously human and fleshed out compared to the movie around them.

Lemme take another swing at this: Harry Dean Stanton in Repo Man.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

yeah, i wouldn't have necessarily thought of that but i'll count it. i don't even particularly like that movie but Harrelson inarguably gives a world-class performance.

Yeah, I'm pretty "eh" about the movie but he always blows me away in it.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Yeeeaaaahhh

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

very good call.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

But I gotta remind myself of how much coke Carrie Fisher did once upon a time!

listen to me, forums psoter dickeye, who watches bad poo poo for fun.

tere is no joy to be had in the holiday special

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hey if anyone wants to listen to me and some other goons talk about bitcoin for like an hour and a half and also hear me google "dog dick coffee table" live, and describe the image on my screen, this is a good link to click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXPaYyi18_g

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

listen to me, forums psoter dickeye, who watches bad poo poo for fun.

tere is no joy to be had in the holiday special
I'm 26 minutes in and finding that out all over again.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I plan on seeing it again for sure. Such a savagely beautiful movie.

14 minutes into the Holiday Special and this has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars. Also they hired a woman to play Mark Hamill.

What actually happened there is that Mark Hamill had recently been in a car accident and his face was all hosed up so they put a wig and drag queen amounts of makeup on him.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Imma watch Over the Top

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CPL593H posted:

What actually happened there is that Mark Hamill had recently been in a car accident and his face was all hosed up so they put a wig and drag queen amounts of makeup on him.
Oh Jesus, is that what happened?

Between that, Carrie Fisher being coked out of her mind, squandering the entire budget on guest stars, the plot having jack poo poo to do with Star Wars and George Lucas completely disavowing this, literally everything that could've gone wrong with this did.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CPL593H posted:

This sounds like some straight up hobo poo poo.

The second option is but the first one is socially acceptable despite probably involving a lot more alcohol but far less bang for your buck. Though I imagine like everything booze is stupidly cheap in America which means there isn't as much of a need to resort to hobo methods of inebriation.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Between that, Carrie Fisher being coked out of her mind, squandering the entire budget on guest stars, the plot having jack poo poo to do with Star Wars and George Lucas completely disavowing this, literally everything that could've gone wrong with this did.

Well Carrie Fisher was coked up throughout all of Empire Strikes Back, so that wasn't something that went wrong with the Holiday Special.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Unless you're like legit a hobo in which case

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's also why he looks kind of different between the first and second movies. They had to do a bit of facial reconstruction.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 25, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The second option is but the first one is socially acceptable despite probably involving a lot more alcohol but far less bang for your buck. Though I imagine like everything booze is stupidly cheap in America which means there isn't as much of a need to resort to hobo methods of inebriation.

The vanilla extract in coke wasn't because of direct cost, it came about because you can't buy alcohol with food stamps.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That's actually a pretty clever use of a loophole.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

It's also why he looks kind of different between the first and second movies. They had to do a bit of facial reconstruction.

that's also why he gets decked in the face by a loving monster in Empire before you see him full on

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Neither The Hateful Eight nor The Revenant are coming to my lovely town tomorrow. Wtf am I going to on xmas.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Snak posted:

Neither The Hateful Eight nor The Revenant are coming to my lovely town tomorrow. Wtf am I going to on xmas.

Break into a liquor store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

that's also why he gets decked in the face by a loving monster in Empire before you see him full on

That's what people say, but people that worked on the movie have denied this.

• Locked thread