Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I see Thor more, and seems more highly rated, than black bolt.
I only have 2 star bb so can't say much more about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah I haven't seen much about BB, but apparently Thor is pretty crazy strong at high stars. All his damage is lightning, so you can use a lightning booster in your gear slot too.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just a friendly reminder I believe tonight is the reset so so your alliance battles twice!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Sustain seems like a big deal for Alliance Battle, since it seems like buff drops never appear.

Blade leadership, War Wolf, Healing iso sets, shields, or just being enough of a whale to get the healing-on-swap VIP bonus.

Speaking of, finally dug in and got the Antonio Starkicle Stache pack + 275 crystal pack; I am officially In The Pond :toot:

Are there any more 5/6 star rank up packs coming, or should I just pick up the special pack now and grind up crystals for new years?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
New years the 5 and 6 packs are back.
Whale if you can honestly. I'm shooting for both again. And vip 7 apparently :/

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Hey I want to toss out a tip to newer players

Don't give up on your starting heroes. I completely ignored captain America, black widow, iron man, warmachine once I got a few packs under my belt and that was a mistake
I see these characters all the time at end game pvp and what not. You know why? They are farmable and drat powerful.

I'm honestly just now going back and working on warmachine and black widow bio this sucks as I'm either getting little xp for my scrub teams and getting little I can use to get my mains gear up
I wish I would have focused some more. It's okay, there is a learning curve. Pick heroes you like but drat it all, realize they are all basically good to great with the right setup

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
So, is there more to this game than grinding for bios so you can grind for more bios? I see timeline and alliance modes, but that's about it.

Most of the conversation in this thread is about whaling, which seems to mostly be about skipping the grind in a game where the grind is the game.

Am I missing something?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lechtansi posted:

So, is there more to this game than grinding for bios so you can grind for more bios? I see timeline and alliance modes, but that's about it.

Most of the conversation in this thread is about whaling, which seems to mostly be about skipping the grind in a game where the grind is the game.

Am I missing something?

It is about the grind and making characters stronger and villain seize and grind and whale and pvp and being cool.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lechtansi posted:

Am I missing something?

Well it's about whaling right now because their largest sale of the year is going on right now. So it's a hot topic.

But there is plenty to this game, sure. You collect your bios, beat the story, do PvP stuff like Timeline and Battleworld, test your strength in Alliance Battle, gear up your characters and SPERG OUT, amongst other things.

The game is barely even 8 months old and there is plenty more to come. They go pretty big on their patches.

But yeah, you see a lot of whale talk because of the massive sale. We talk a lot about our ISO-8 sets in chat and characters for sure.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Whaling in a game like this is basically about speeding up your immediate goals. Yeah the game is a treadmill but sometimes it's fun to skip to the completion of the next goal because you really want to start the next one. Different strokes etc

I think the most important thing to a lot of players is just "can I play the person I really like" and this game lets you pick whoever with almost no effort and definitely no money, so I don't mind a little IAP here.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The VIP character swap hp regen doesn't work in Alliance Battle.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So with them talk of phasing out 3 Star Battleworld events, or them being less often, anyone planning on pushing any characters to the 4 star and above?
Are you planning on keeping some at 3 in case when the event rolls around?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
As someone who runs a Back in Black team, let me assure you that Mr. Blackagar Boltagon is a very good investment and an all around powerful guy!

His major draw for me is that he's a solid energy type with massive AOE - his 6* hits an even bigger radius than Widow's Coup de Grace, and it's multi-hit for even more stunlock. His passive gives him an automatic CC break on a 30 second cooldown, his 5* shields him while having great range and hitting multiple enemies in a line, and his leadership buffs all his damage by 30% at full Mastery.

Up until this patch he didn't have a costume, but now you can pick that up too for a stat boost and a guard break every 7 seconds.

All in all, you should buy him and be a boltagon bro too!

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 25, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Boltagoons 4 lyfe.

Somebody 2 sweet me ASAP.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Gonna do Blackagoon Boltagar and Black Widow, I guess your 3rd was Black Cat? she is harder to farm right?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I really wish I read comics because Black Bolt's name is hilarious and I can't seem to find out the reason why anyone thought it was a good idea for him and the Inhumans to have names like that

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Zodack posted:

I really wish I read comics because Black Bolt's name is hilarious and I can't seem to find out the reason why anyone thought it was a good idea for him and the Inhumans to have names like that

No idea, but in the small number of Inhumans comics I've read, he's a pretty cool idea for a character.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Gonna do Blackagoon Boltagar and Black Widow, I guess your 3rd was Black Cat? she is harder to farm right?

She is. So is Blackagoon. Doesn't mean it's impossible. I have a 4* Boltagoon Black by only farming bios. Black Cat took me forever though just to unlock.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zodack posted:

His full name is Blackagar Boltagon

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Went to school with a few kids named BLACKAGAR.

Never struck me as an odd name at all?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Drythe posted:

It will never not be the funniest explanation

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Zodack posted:

He is a jack Kirby creation so he will be nuts.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So how is the silk comics? I find myself actually being interested despite my hate for all spiderman comics since the cone drama from..... 15 years ago?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

When she was introduced the first thing she did was have sex with spider-man. I don't know where it went from there.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I feel so close yet so far in figuring out how to get to the fastest way of using my 5 and 6 star tickets on my 2 star silk.
5/40
Even the 90 bio deal would only take her to 55/80.

Re-whale talk.

Eh I'm going out of my way to only spend on characters I can't grind for.

Like Nico, Silk, Lokie are all indefinite.

Spiderman and venom I only bought a 50 bio pack for when i earned enough bios and was tempted by a flash sale. (because spiderman was ahead of venom due to him havinh more story missions)
Even then I didn't spend my money on them, it was crystals I earned from crap, and when netmable went crazy shoving crystals down our throats a few months ago. (20 bux worth of free crystals the week after the a-force update as a milestone and a 'sorry battleworld is stupid when it uses energy, we'll make up for that, and sorry we introduced un grindable characters)

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 25, 2015

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
It's super easy to catch up on comics, marvel has a lot on their little unlimited platform thing

:filez: of comics to read on your phone are also stupidly easy to find if you'd rather spend your money whaling here instead.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Drythe posted:

No I mean I know that and I find it both incredibly ridiculous and incredibly hilarious

Like what if Peter Parker were named Spidergar Managon?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Rumor has it that BB will be played by Vin Diesel in the Inhuman Movie.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Vin Diesel started that rumour, but he also started the rumour that he was gonna play Groot, too.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Thor or black bolt? Someone decide. Now! Or ultron

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Not ultron, he's very farmable.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Thor or black bolt? Someone decide. Now! Or ultron

Thor naturally synergizes wth Loki.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I don't get the loki love. I've not faced one that silk or Nico can't wreck.
She hulk hits like a mac truck, uniformed ms marvels are annoying, so are black widows.
Loki? Eh I'm just not big on him. I have him at 3 star but not blown away

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I bought Thor's package

By Mjonir's might!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Thor's package is very impressive, honestly

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mjolnir gulps down Asgardian hotdogs like Popeye.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I realized I have zero energy chars I care about beyond Nico and getting her starred is lol

Also my stupid phone acts weird and kiting feels much harder than it should be

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

I've never found myself staring at Chris Hemsworth and thinking that, honestly

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I'm a huge sucker for team bonuses to the point where I feel I'm missing out if I don't have at least one 3 dude and one 2 dude bonus. Am I doing it wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zodack posted:

I've never found myself staring at Chris Hemsworth and thinking that, honestly

You will learn to admire a 6* bulge soon brother. You will learn...

mirror123 posted:

I'm a huge sucker for team bonuses to the point where I feel I'm missing out if I don't have at least one 3 dude and one 2 dude bonus. Am I doing it wrong?

Ultimately you can play however you like but those 2s are much better at 3s as I believe the stats will scale linearly.

I'd recommend you take your guys to the top when you get those opportunities. The bonuses are much better this way.

• Locked thread