Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

No wait, poo poo, who ever this kid is, is the dopest human.

That might not be from a kid. Well it's obviously not from a kid, but it might not be an adult trolling the children's comic strip either. The Slylock Fox guy sometimes throws jokes into his strip. He had Rat from Pearls Before Swine in there one time after the Pearls creator did a parody of him.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rydiafan posted:

That might not be from a kid. Well it's obviously not from a kid, but it might not be an adult trolling the children's comic strip either. The Slylock Fox guy sometimes throws jokes into his strip. He had Rat from Pearls Before Swine in there one time after the Pearls creator did a parody of him.

I believe the Slylock Fox guy actually posts on these very forums. :tinfoil:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bell_ posted:

He used to be.

What I'm saying is we shouldn't be surprised when we see Peter Dinklage playing the part of Wolverine somewhere in the next few XMen movies.

Actually that would be quite surprising since Dinkladge already has a character in X-Men days of future past :colbert:

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Zaphod42 posted:

Actually that would be quite surprising since Dinkladge already has a character in X-Men days of future past :colbert:

Twist: It's secretly Wolverine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

rydiafan posted:

Ah. Well, I'm gonna hope it's a kid.

Speaking of kids, if you go see Krampus, check out a poster of Rick on the kid's bedroom wall.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CelticPredator posted:

if you go see Krampus

Why would anyone ever do that

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why the gently caress wouldn't you?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I actually heard bad things about it, but looking at rotton tomatoes it has a 65% so probably at least better than I was led to believe

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It was real dumb. Do not watch.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Rocksicles posted:

Dunno mate, your avatar is a right state.

The beauty of it is that I made someone mad enough on the internet that they spent $10 to do it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PantsOptional posted:

It was real dumb. Do not watch.

It's real good. Especially if you like Gremlins. But hey, theres a Rick and Morty poster on that wall, so that's p cool. Besides Community, has it shown up anywhere else?

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 23, 2015

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

We all would.

Oh, and I also did the rick and morty voice during star wars night for no real reason. I answered a trivia question that way. I was drunk.Thought ya'll should know

For some reason this post made me sadder than any other post has lately on SA

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

People having fun makes you sad? That makes me sad

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CelticPredator posted:

It's real good. Especially if you like Gremlins. But hey, theres a Rick and Morty poster on that wall, so that's p cool. Besides Community, has it shown up anywhere else?

I was just about to post this. Krampus is a great movie if you like old school style horror comedies like Gremlins (which I do, I just re-watched Gremlins last night). It's funny and atmospheric with great creature designs and creative fight/death scenes.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CelticPredator posted:

The announcer at an indie wrestling event I went to a couple weeks ago was wearing a Tiny Rick shirt. So there's that I guess.

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Morbid Hound
I thought this was a neat look at Rick and Morty and philosophy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDHynfl1E

Hot Dog Day #89 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 23, 2015

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Last Chance posted:

For some reason this post made me sadder than any other post has lately on SA

But did it stir the conversation from something else to the topic at hand, so the thread doesn't close?

That's all I wanted to do with that post.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm late to the party, but I finally got on the Rick and Morty bandwagon. My brother would tell me how amazing it was, and tried showing me the episode on the Purge planet, which I didn't like very much. Terrible episode to try and start somebody off with, I guess.

I liked the one with the Intergalactic Confederation of Ricks, and I really hope there's an episode in a future season with a Jerry and Doofus Rick team-up. They both seemed so happy to have a friend.

E: Anyone know if there's a full song of that 'Human Music' Jerry heard in his car, or was it just that one little ditty that played in the episode?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

The best way to get somebody into Rick and Morty is from the beginning, and watch 3-4 episodes in the first sitting. Alternatively, start at episode 3 because you can get by without the first two while still getting the full experience of the characters.

Also I got you covered on that human music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhNIxlShOqU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Only 10 episodes in season 2? gently caress, what am I supposed to watch now? All my shows ended at once.

Oh well, the blu ray for season 1 turned up yesterday, might crack that open, early Christmas present.

All three of those planets in that last episode cracked me up at least.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:vince:

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

And yet they still air Family Guy...

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
It basically is though isn't it?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

starkebn posted:

It basically is though isn't it?

In as much as Justified is basically T.J.Hooker, yeah.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The best Futurama episodes are the crazy adventure / high concept ones and every episode of Rick and Morty is like those. I usually tell people who haven't watched Rick and Morty that if they liked Futurama they would like it.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
What I want to imply is that it is a lot like Futurama, but who doesn't want more of stuff that is like Futurama?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
With the feds taking over earth I imagine the start of season 3 might resemble the fish out of water stories that kind of drove early episodes of futurama

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

starkebn posted:

What I want to imply is that it is a lot like Futurama, but who doesn't want more of stuff that is like Futurama?

Futurama after season 4? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh nah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WarpedNaba posted:

Futurama after season 4? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh nah.

Poor Futurama, it was only two seasons away from cancellation. Then it took early cancellation.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Thank god R&M didn't end up on fox. A neutered R&M that was aired out of order before being cancelled after 10 episodes would have been a loss for all of mankind.

Also, gently caress Fox forever

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

Thank god R&M didn't end up on fox. A neutered R&M that was aired out of order before being cancelled after 10 episodes would have been a loss for all of mankind.

Also, gently caress Fox forever

Pilot, then three episodes, then a month of preemption for baseball playoffs, then another episode, then burning off the rest at midnight on Saturday or whatever block they put their lovely attempts at aping adult swim on.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well at least after this hypothetical Fox-R&M got canceled TBS could buy the show and show new episodes twice a year like American Dad.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
Its a lot funnier than Futurama

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Futurama is a much more earnest show than Rick and Morty, which has more or less made its name on its nihilistic attitude towards the universe. I don't see how any other network than Adult Swim could have aired this with any success.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Rick and morty is very earnest, about how people are mostly poo poo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

surc posted:

Rick and morty is very earnest, about how people are mostly poo poo.

It's also got a very cynical outlook, though. Maybe earnestness isn't the precise quality they differ in, but I can see why someone would pick it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I've sold Rick and Morty to friends as a very very dark Futurama and I feel like it's a apropos. But yeah, it's better it didn't end up on Fox because it wouldn't be allowed to do a large majority of the poo poo it currently does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've described R&M to people like Futurama on crack.

• Locked thread