Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Reinstalling this as I never got around to playing the Christmas DLC. Are there any big mod packs worth grabbing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Capn Beeb posted:

Reinstalling this as I never got around to playing the Christmas DLC. Are there any big mod packs worth grabbing?

I'm a huge fan of the Expanded Arsenal, though Sandbox+ is always fun.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Nice, thanks :)

Also holy poo poo how am I just now getting around to this DLC :buddy:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So hopefully you guys might be able to help with a technical issue we're having over here. I got my sister SRIV on the PS3, and unfortunately it is crashing constantly. As in, we can't even get through to the end of the 1950s section of the intro, the crashes have been so frequent.

I know crashes are a known issue with SRIV on consoles, but is there a reason they would happen this frequently, that could hopefully be resolved?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I AM THE ONE

WHO GRABS THE SUN

RIDING TO VALHALLA!

(Get Nux here)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
:perfect:

Also perfect is this:

What a fun DLC :buddy:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Also IdolNinja the search on the Character Gallery on the community site seems kind of wonky; it seems biased more towards the username than the title when executing a search; the Nux I made doesn't show up at all in a search for "nux"

That said it's been working swimmingly for transferring characters between 3 and 4 so that part is solid :)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Who greenlit the dominatrix DLC?

:cripes:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
That DLC proves that canceling EtD was the right move.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
But we lost the "Enter the Dominatrix? Don't they charge extra for that?" jokes.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The raptors were pretty great though

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I will sing you the song of my people.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Capn Beeb posted:

Who greenlit the dominatrix DLC?

:cripes:

Mokinokaro posted:

wrong!

StashAugustine posted:

The raptors were pretty great though

correct

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mokinokaro posted:

Insofar as it wouldn't have managed as an expandalone, sure. It was a perfectly fine DLC.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Xand_Man posted:

I will sing you the song of my people.

I could not cringe hard enough during this segment. It was super lame.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I could not cringe hard enough during this segment. It was super lame.

Um, I think you'll find that it was actually insanely rad

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The raptor's voice was really fuckin annoying

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Babe Magnet posted:

The raptor's voice was really fuckin annoying

Intentionally bad. That scene is amazing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Intentionally bad is still bad

everything else was fine I guess

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It was like a Family Guy joke that didn't really land, but instead of just moving on to the next joke, it goes on for like two minutes. Any joke that starts with a meme and ends with a song parody is just dead in the water as far as I'm concerned. Really the only reason it's notable is because its the only joke that made me cringe, other than maybe the forced singing with the Boss and Pierce during an early car ride. I guess what I really hate is people singing songs in stupid voices and that being the punchline.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 10, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

It was like a Family Guy joke that didn't really land, but instead of just moving on to the next joke, it goes on for like two minutes. Any joke that starts with a meme and ends with a song parody is just dead in the water as far as I'm concerned. Really the only reason it's notable is because its the only joke that made me cringe, other than maybe the forced singing with the Boss and Pierce during an early car ride. I guess what I really hate is people singing songs in stupid voices and that being the punchline.

... Did Zinyak just ruin Biz Markie???

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Man if you didn't like the sing along with pierce you just plain don't have a soul

I mean I get not liking the raptor thing because it was insanely weird and stunk of "I have no idea what to do here so just be WACKY" (I still liked it) but the sing along with pierce was hit out of the park by the voice actors and is legitimately a cool and relatable moment for basically anyone who has driven in a car with friends before

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Coolguye posted:

Man if you didn't like the sing along with pierce you just plain don't have a soul

I mean I get not liking the raptor thing because it was insanely weird and stunk of "I have no idea what to do here so just be WACKY" (I still liked it) but the sing along with pierce was hit out of the park by the voice actors and is legitimately a cool and relatable moment for basically anyone who has driven in a car with friends before

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Coolguye posted:

a cool and relatable moment for basically anyone who has driven in a car with friends before

Oh... Now I understand.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The raptor thing is disappointing cause you don't get a raptor homie.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Byzantine posted:

The raptor thing is disappointing cause you don't get a raptor homie.

Wrong, you do.... kind of

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I was upset I couldn't ride the fuckin dinosaur whenever I wanted after that, and that the song did not end up on the radio.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Coolguye posted:

The raptor joke was made by the lead-up. It's sort of thing you think up at 3am right before a deadline and everyone just :staredog: in the light of day. The joke isn't that it's lovely, the joke is "We did this, we regret this, we have no idea what we were thinking and now we are sharing it with you. Come laugh at us."

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Xand_Man posted:

The raptor joke was made by the lead-up. It's sort of thing you think up at 3am right before a deadline and everyone just :staredog: in the light of day. The joke isn't that it's lovely, the joke is "We did this, we regret this, we have no idea what we were thinking and now we are sharing it with you. Come laugh at us."

ETD is basically Volition scooping up whatever is on the cutting room floor and cramming it on a disc. They even used concept sketches and action figures to make the cutscenes

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

other than maybe the forced singing with the Boss and Pierce during an early car ride. I guess what I really hate is people singing songs in stupid voices and that being the punchline.

The punchline is the face your girlfriend makes when she hears you singing along to Just a Friend like it's high school again and you're in the passenger side of your best friend's ride.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

it goes on for like 30 or 40 seconds man

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Would someone be willing to help me get the co-op achievement in Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell? It just requires playing co-op for a total of three hours. I already have one hour played. You don't even need to actually play - just join the game and go AFK if you prefer. Of course, I am willing to help you out doing whatever as well. My steam is is DoctorOfLaws. Thanks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Boss/Pierce singalong is one of the most humanizing moments I've ever encountered in a video game (not in the least because the voice actors largely hit it out of the park.) It really just feels like two friends goofing off which is kind of a rare thing to encounter in a game. :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

The Boss/Pierce singalong is one of the most humanizing moments I've ever encountered in a video game (not in the least because the voice actors largely hit it out of the park.) It really just feels like two friends goofing off which is kind of a rare thing to encounter in a game. :smith:

Pierce and the Boss goofing off with the radio has been good since SR2.

I especially liked them singing What I Got in SR3.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 13, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Pierce and the Boss goofing off with the radio has been good since SR2.

I especially liked them singing What I Got in SR3.

And then Zinyak ruined it in Saints Row 4.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Instant Sunrise posted:

At least he paid the price for ruining it, at least, I'd vote he did.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

ImpAtom posted:

I love how Zinyak ruins every other homie's plan/mission by sending in goons, but he ruins Pierce's mission by singing along.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Instant Sunrise posted:

Are you insulting Zinyak because he was great

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Seriously, I hated Zinyak more for messing with Biz Markie in that scene than I did for blowing up the earth. It is a FANTASTIC villain moment, and the way he does it is perfect characterization. It made the inevitable victory all the sweeter, having him ruin that song in that way.

So many little things are done so well in this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Macaluso posted:

Are you insulting Zinyak because he was great

I thought he was a great villain and his ruining Biz Markee was a perfect way to build on the "boss and pierce sing along" running gag.

• Locked thread