Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Eh, they're just gonna regift stuff that's lying around anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

And Merry Christmas everyone!

F Minus

Santa looks so abashed.

Mary Worth

Everyone looks happy, but Ed looks like he just noticed someone else at the table and is a little pissed. "Who the gently caress is this?"

Rex Morgan MD

June's got a weird look in this one. Kind of a forced smile with dead eyes thing.

Also, note neither of these strips say "Merry Christmas." Considering their audience, I think they're just begging for letters to the editor.

Secret Agent X-9

Tapping into a phone rather than talking would still be kind of suspicious to someone listening I think.

Apartment 3-G

"But I guess neither of you would know anything about that, eh, LUANN?"

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That Moomin page is a hell of a cliff hanger.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Sphinxster posted:

That Moomin page is a hell of a cliff hanger.

Sure is. I remember being freaked the gently caress out by this story when I was a kid.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Reminds me of the classic C&H strip

"His eye twitches involuntarily" :buddy:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMCjFQIefg

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A3G

Merry Christmas everyone

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Those are some very inappropriate sweaters

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015: And now, the inevitable :unsmith:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Check out this strip during the next month as Abbott gives us all the juicy details of the guest house's floor plan.
Well, yeah. It's not really appropriate to just say "guest house" if you don't make it clear that it has a dozen bedrooms, its own tennis courts, a private beach, etc., etc.. Someone might think it's a converted garage or something, and that's just not the Judge Parker way.

And look, the judge is just so delighted to hear that this book club is rich enough to afford property. And the best kind of property, too -- exclusive! No doubt the award they're giving him is going to come with an invitation to spend the next month there as their guest, so we'll get to see the billiards room and the hedge maze and the unicorn stable for ourselves eventually.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Nice Clip Art positioning. Brad looks like he's sucking on a big gray cock. Merry Christmas!

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Hillary got some good air. She's got to be five feet in the air.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

I like how that creepily-drawn girl (Pru?) is kinda just peering over Luann's parents presumably fighting.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is oddly relevant to today's Steam kerfuffle.

Working Daze still doesn't know when to stop telling the joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just won't leave.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wanamingo posted:

Those are some very inappropriate sweaters

I thought the same thing.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (December 26, 1957)

By George Y. Wells, Porky, you never forgets.

Peanuts: Year Four (November 30-December 2, 1953)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Yes, the comments section on his site is already lovely.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Quick post before I head out for Boxing Day Comix!

Pooch Café

Ugh, I went to one of those gift exchanges once, and it was just super uncomfortable. Nobody wanted to be the jerk that stole somebody else's present in case it was something that person really wanted. In the end, nobody stole anything and nobody got what they wanted. I don't think that kind of thing can work in Canada.

Ballard Street

How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now...

Lost Side of Suburbia

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now...

Wow, what a thief! Poor Jonny must be so worried :ohdear:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Skippy (October 27, 1928)

Peanuts (December 26, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 15, 1929)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Dilbert

Yes, the comments section on his site is already lovely.

Yep, if there's anything feminists have a problem with, it's mentoring little girls to go into fields traditionally dominated by men. We MUCH prefer if you ask men to handle the task of how to get women into the workplace.

Luann

Is Pru expecting to get paid a salary to work at the Fuse? Or will she continue to work there for free AND start paying the DeGroots rent?

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

I like knowing that back in the old days of comics, when faced with the prospect of trying to draw stripes or plaid on a piece of clothing, instead of dealing with the task of figuring out how those lines and patterns would fall with the drape of the clothes, they'd just say "gently caress it" and ignore all that poo poo and draw it on there with a straight edge.

We get that in cartoons and comics today as well, of course, but I appreciate that the practice has a long history.

Radio Patrol

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 11/30/14

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

I see the hiring campaign has already started for Neddy's sweatshop.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A3G

Shots fired

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

RandomFerret posted:

Ugh, I went to one of those gift exchanges once, and it was just super uncomfortable. Nobody wanted to be the jerk that stole somebody else's present in case it was something that person really wanted. In the end, nobody stole anything and nobody got what they wanted. I don't think that kind of thing can work in Canada.
I cannot speak for Canadian ways, but I have found they are very fun, but only if a few rules are followed: no food, no gift cards/cash/lottery tickets/etc. The point is to have neat and weird stuff no one would ever think they want, but then when they open it they do. I have gotten a Soviet naval officer's hat and a waffle iron that makes waffles in the shapes of ducks and cows from these exchanges. Those were good years.

F Minus

Clever girl.

Mary Worth

"Just following orders," eh? Tell it to the tribunal, Olive.

Rex Morgan MD

"No I mean don't you have a room?"

Secret Agent X-9 for 4th of July, 1936

Apartment 3-G

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin and the Golden Tail

Classic Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is just here for a minute.

Working Daze thinks the "Rita carries a water bottle" thing is high-larious.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gives you a higher love.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Peanuts (January 3, 1960, because any strip that points to the calendar gets the rerun machine into trouble)

Unsolicited advice gets the respect it deserves.

Funky Winkerbean

Today's contemporary issue affecting young adults? "Comic books were different when your dad was a kid."

Pogo: With our Christmas interlude over, we return to our previous story about Howland's latest brilliant invention. Which apparently is talk radio. The inevitable beating will be most deserved. (September 26, 1965)

Out Our Way thinks you should put a little butter on it. (June 25-26, 1928)

Also, support gun control.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Heroes continue to eat despite a toddler playing with a gun behind them?

F Minus

I wonder who that is. I don't think it's Carillo himself. Probably a friend of his.

Mary Worth

Christ these two. The door to the balcony is glass, you know. And how long do you think Mary and Olive will be out there anyways? Are they supposed to keep their backs to the door until the grunting and moaning stops?

Rex Morgan MD wants to make sure you know the new headmaster is Irish.

He's Irish, FYI. He's sure to bring an edgy, ethnic flavor to RMMD, what with his Irishness.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Johnny Walker posted:

I cannot speak for Canadian ways, but I have found they are very fun, but only if a few rules are followed: no food, no gift cards/cash/lottery tickets/etc. The point is to have neat and weird stuff no one would ever think they want, but then when they open it they do. I have gotten a Soviet naval officer's hat and a waffle iron that makes waffles in the shapes of ducks and cows from these exchanges. Those were good years.

Yeah, that might have been the problem. Everybody just brought useful things that some person might want, like tea towels or a car detailing kit, but I don't think anybody got the right thing, so there was a bad vibe going around too because nobody was happy with their present, but they could see somebody else getting something they would have liked. And nobody said anything because they were all too Canadian. Christmas Problem Comix.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Man, those striped leggings are a disaster. Also, the pair that Margo's wearing in particular look pretty torn up.

:rimshot:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows what goes around comes around.

Working Daze thinks this is comedy.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix thinks long-term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker