Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I always imagine that Roosh talks like the Steve Martin/Dan Akroyd foreign swingers from Saturday Night Live, or maybe Borat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Merdifex posted:

So what has ESR done now that all the internet fuckheads are out defending him against the skeletons?
i.e. https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/679852515861467136

Would actually be interesting to know.

Last time ESR posted about the need to keep the SJWs and feeeemales out of open source, and everyone pointed out that RMS was a huge SJW and Free Software was literally started as a social justice movement; and then Matthew Garrett and Bradley Kuhn (also proud SJWs) emphasised the "lol wut", and Garrett fired back an amazing strike. (You can tell how pissed off mjg59 is there because he isn't swearing.) ESR doesn't seem to have responded, since Garrett actually has code in Linux (and is personally the reason many laptops run Linux at all).

tl;dr ESR is playing Shoot-Em-Up Murder Simulator 2015, but the SJWs are playing Go, and ESR has only just realised this and is not quite sure where to lay his next stone.

edit: Note that ESR is technically not NRx/DE, he just has horrible and stupid opinions that are pretty compatible with a lot of theirs. He promised on his blog to write about them at length (and what a delight that would be!) but he appears to be busy with paying work on ntpd (something actually useful to the world).

divabot has a new favorite as of 13:30 on Dec 24, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Merdifex posted:

So what has ESR done now that all the internet fuckheads are out defending him against the skeletons?

i.e. https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/679852515861467136

Every time Rev talks about outrage mobs or whatever, I just remember the many times he has gotten frothing mad over very very minor expressions of feminism or left-wing politics.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Alternatively: drat these internet hate mobs building mountains out of molehills. #Gamergate

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
No, everyone shut up, I have an urgent question:

What the hell is wrong with his face?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Avenging_Mikon posted:

This is how he always looks.

No one is sure why.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Vampire

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

That is more than likely the face of a man trying to hold back at least two bottles of brandy for the duration of the photographer's efforts.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Just ate from the garbage can

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lol posted:

Solid modern Mannerbunds follow a fairly simple formation process. A number of men with similar ancestries, attitudes and temperaments gather, test each other, organize into an informal hierarchy and begin taking risks as a group. By risks I do mean anything with an uncertain outcome. Small risks such as getting beers downtown lead to intermediate risks like playing on the same sports team or going lifting, shooting or boxing together, and those risks lead to great risks such as starting a business together, or on a more historical note, forming a war party and invading a barbarian land together. Confidence is the fruit of successfully-taken risks. Trust is confidence in another man. Trust requires a track record of successfully-taken and shared risks. Risk is the substrate of friendship, of loyalty, of competition, of hierarchy, and of the Mannerbund.

Glad to see the DE guys have come up with an even more racist and ridiculous term for in-group-support than "iron sharpens iron" and "men going their own way".

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Mannerbund sounds like the German version of Cho Aniki

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Who, I ask, gets to be the caboose in the Mannerbund?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's actually 'Männerbund', and it basically means Guy's Club.

The quoted text makes me feel like kissing a bearded man on the lips. Moustache on moustache.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The quote does not do the post full justice imo. I found every paragraph to be at least giggle-worthy. Even the opening picture cracks me up.

quote:

The source of civilization is not the family, the market, the electoral process, or the scientific committee of “experts.” The source of civilization is the Männerbund, hereafter rendered in English as the Mannerbund. The Mannerbund is the source of property rights and sexual morality, as well as the vehicle through which effective group action is performed.

WELCOME TO A WORLD CALLED POST-RATIONALISM :whip:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I would play that.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
for a group as obsessed with traditional/stereotypical masculinity as they are, they sure come up with a lot of homoerotic stuff

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

President Ark posted:

for a group as obsessed with traditional/stereotypical masculinity as they are, they sure come up with a lot of homoerotic stuff
Yeah this isn't even like 'hey, build positive relationships with other men' this is pretty much the Man Train pulling in at the Hitlerjugend station

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

President Ark posted:

Like the ancient and sacred right of Ballberühren?

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
And this is the blog Scott feels is worthy enough to be linked to on SSC?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

President Ark posted:

traditional/stereotypical masculinity is intensely homoerotic, it's just that previously pointing that out got you beaten up

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Merdifex posted:

And this is the blog Scott feels is worthy enough to be linked to on SSC?

You need to "go meta" and ignore everything they are actually saying that applies to the real world in any way.

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007
Is there any variety of all-male group that practices formal rituals of group solidarity and isn't known for sexual predation? Freemasons, I guess?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Peztopiary posted:

traditional/stereotypical masculinity is intensely homoerotic, it's just that previously pointing that out got you beaten up

No poo poo. Just look at all those dudes hyping the Spartans as their paragons of manliness.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

President Ark posted:

You say that like it's a contradiction.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm not sure if this is from the DE per say or just the alt-right but i thought you'd like a christmas present, thread

I got you a little white cuck ball

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I'm not sure if this is from the DE per say or just the alt-right but i thought you'd like a christmas present, thread

It's such a shame Harrison Ford passed on the new Star Wars, leaving us with no white male characters of importance...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm sure this is well-covered ground by this point, but I'm always baffled by people who can't identify or empathize with anyone who isn't exactly like themselves in every way.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Oligopsony posted:

Is there any variety of all-male group that practices formal rituals of group solidarity and isn't known for sexual predation? Freemasons, I guess?
They do ride goats, but that's not necessarily homosex.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Glad to see the DE guys have come up with an even more racist and ridiculous term for in-group-support than "iron sharpens iron" and "men going their own way".

First I recall seeing this guy's name. Mark Yuray appears to be a previously-unheralded genius of neoreactionary thought. Likes Anissimov's :words:, Nick Land loves his theory of modern social castes. Clearly leaves his basement even less than I do.

President Ark posted:

You'd think neoreaction was gay as hell or something.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I definitely derive more pleasure from people being extremely angry at there being a Black guy and a white evil guy and a woman who (I hope) doesn't have to be rescued, but does rescuing herself in the new Star Wars movie than I ever could from the movie itself. I really hope they make the next movie really glaringly obvious in that sense (even more than Star Wars originally was, with the all-white all-male Star Destroyer crews and the ragtag rebel group). Like, the Sith symbol looks like a swastika, the evil guys include four blonde men, the evil dark lord is a wife beater, the Jedi get a gay latino boss, Boyega kissing the Whitest woman possible on all of the movie posters and in the key scene where the film's stupid space dick explodes, and so on.

As Clarkhat says:

quote:

The problem I have is that the blue alliance has been on a winning streak, and with recent Blue success in gay marriage, immigration of client populations, university-and-media roll-up, etc. I feel like the culture war is over and the victors are going around (metaphorically) humiliating and shooting survivors of the losing side, and conducting mop-up operations. Witness team Blue forcing bakers to bake cakes and forcing photographers to shoot photos for partnerships that they consider immoral.
The future is a movie poster with a Black guy kissing a White face, forever. Metaphorically.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

The Force Awakens totally did not have a white dude who is an incredible badass and considered the best pilot of the resistance.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Mr Aurini isn't just a noted expert in race relations and gender relations. He also has important information about snake-melon Jedi who forced the Empire to destroy Alderaan. "Paying money to see his film is the equivalent of auto-castration." And then there's his podcast, with an amazing title (there is literally no point since 1977 at which Star Wars wasn't hugely popular) and the cartoon in the graphic.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Mr Aurini isn't just a noted expert in race relations and gender relations. He also has important information about snake-melon Jedi who forced the Empire to destroy Alderaan. "Paying money to see his film is the equivalent of auto-castration." And then there's his podcast, with an amazing title (there is literally no point since 1977 at which Star Wars wasn't hugely popular) and the cartoon in the graphic.

It is amazing how much rage The Force Awakens is provoking in the world's worst people.

Even if the movie was absolute garbage, this would still be worth it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

The Force Awakens totally did not have a white dude who is an incredible badass and considered the best pilot of the resistance.

True. Oscar Isaac is Hispanic. Guatemalan-American, specifically.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Dreamy is dreamy. :swoon:

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Huh, neat, I didn't know that. How much does that piss of DE morons?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Huh, neat, I didn't know that. How much does that piss of DE morons?

They only care about Boyega because he's the one making the white girl's panties wet.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Ugh now I can't go in this thread because of Star Wars spoilers?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There's been on ongoing merger between internet antinatalism and right-wing politics.

http://antinatalismo.blogspot.com/2015/12/again-with-star-wars-force-awakens.html

You'd think the people who want to SECURE A FUTURE FOR WHITE CHILDREN and the people who want to exterminate everyone would not get along, but I dunno, edgelordery does not equal consistency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Cingulate posted:

...the evil guys include four blonde men...

Aww, now I'm legitimately sad we won't actually get to see Kraftwerk as Star Wars villains. It just makes sense!