Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Triple Triad confirmed for Gold Saucer. Chocobo Hot n Cold confirmed for Gold Saucer. Chrono Bind confirmed for Gold Saucer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

Triple Triad confirmed for Gold Saucer. Chocobo Hot n Cold confirmed for Gold Saucer. Chrono Bind confirmed for Gold Saucer.

Snowboarding and Motorcycle segments replaced with mandatory lightning dodging and butterfly catching.

Also you can revive Aerith by becoming Jump Rope King.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Also you can revive Aerith by becoming Jump Rope King.

Just imagine a single tear rolling down the cheeks of all the gamers as they somberly turn off the console after trying for a solid 24 hours to do this.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Momomo posted:

I just found a gold one, too. It's annoying that I have a million skills, with no way to really enhance them.

Also, nobody in this game seems to know if it's been five hundred years or a thousand since the chaos happened.

1000 years ago = FF13
500 years ago = FF13-2

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
No, 13-2 takes place 3 years after 13. 13-2 ends 500 years after it started (because of time travel bullshit), and LR picks up 500 years after that.

Artix fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 22, 2015

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Seems like nitpicking tbh

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
tim travel is hosed up, tbh. they friends never saw them again. After loving Gogmagog came out of a worm hole they just left everyone behind forever.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Yeah I was wondering about that 1000 years thing too. I was just discussing LR elsewhere and someone said about how it takes place a 1000 years in the future and I was confused because even I could follow XIII-2's story enough to know the game ended 500 years after XIII, not 1000. Or, well, technically we fought Caius outside of all time and space so who loving knows.

Anyway, then I remembered I never actually played Lightning's DLC in XIII-2. Just went and watched the cutscenes on YT. I guess she took the mother of all power naps and that's where the extra 500 years comes from.

Was her DLC even worth playing? I just recall everyone saying you absolutely had to 5 Star it and I was like "nope" and forgot it even existed.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It, like the rest of 13-2, is a bunch of time shenanigan horseshit. You're doing the same fight against Caius again and again, incrementally getting better and stronger until you can 5-star him.

Then Lightning goes to sleep and no one learns or does anything.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They explain why Lightning went into crystal sleep, and how this poo poo all started on like...day 8 or something.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Artix posted:

No, 13-2 takes place 3 years after 13. 13-2 ends 500 years after it started (because of time travel bullshit), and LR picks up 500 years after that.

So there are 500 years inbetween Serah dying and the Lightning DLC? That game is silly.

edit: I forgot Hope time capsuled himself or something, and that is why he's alive, and guys like Sazh and Snow were time traveling anyway. That makes a little more sense.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 22, 2015

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah I was wondering about that 1000 years thing too. I was just discussing LR elsewhere and someone said about how it takes place a 1000 years in the future and I was confused because even I could follow XIII-2's story enough to know the game ended 500 years after XIII, not 1000. Or, well, technically we fought Caius outside of all time and space so who loving knows.

Anyway, then I remembered I never actually played Lightning's DLC in XIII-2. Just went and watched the cutscenes on YT. I guess she took the mother of all power naps and that's where the extra 500 years comes from.

Was her DLC even worth playing? I just recall everyone saying you absolutely had to 5 Star it and I was like "nope" and forgot it even existed.

It was kind of interesting at the time because it teases some extra stuff about Yeul being connected to the chaos, and it does the "500 years later" thing leading into LR, but now LR is out and actually covers all those points properly it's just redundant.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Sorry if this is a repeat question: is the music still all hosed up in the steam version of FF7? I'm considering pulling the trigger on it for the winter sale. I'm ok with using mods to put the original music back in if necessary.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Sade posted:

Sorry if this is a repeat question: is the music still all hosed up in the steam version of FF7? I'm considering pulling the trigger on it for the winter sale. I'm ok with using mods to put the original music back in if necessary.

No, they patched the proper soundtrack into the game about a year ago.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are the keyboard/mouse controls for Lightning Returns any good? I know they aren't ideal, but are they outright unusable or just mediocre?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm playing X-2, coming towards the end by just finishing off the Chapter 5 sidequests. I'm not bothered about 100% or anything and I probably won't play the New Game +, at least not for a while.

I'd heard people talk before about how bad the new blitzball minigame is; they weren't wrong. (please do not "inform" me about how it's actually really good because it is in fact really bad)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hedgehog Pie posted:

(please do not "inform" me about how it's actually really good because it is in fact really bad)

I don't think anyone was going to do this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one thinks Blitzball in 10-2 is good not even the crazy people who like Blitzball in the first game

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Yeah well I have to cover my bases with you crazy gaming types!!

Baal posted:

No one thinks Blitzball in 10-2 is good not even the crazy people who like Blitzball in the first game

I liked it in the first game because it made me feel like I was real good at sports. :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's why I played NBA Street

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm playing X-2, coming towards the end by just finishing off the Chapter 5 sidequests. I'm not bothered about 100% or anything and I probably won't play the New Game +, at least not for a while.

I'd heard people talk before about how bad the new blitzball minigame is; they weren't wrong. (please do not "inform" me about how it's actually really good because it is in fact really bad)

it sucks. trick: borrow players from other teams then train them badly so they suck

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think I just plain have a bad set-up or something. I'm in the final day and getting destroyed by the white dryads, and I did most of the quests so it can't be me lacking in stats. I currently have 100% phys tank with debuffs, Midnight Mauve rav, and Monk for com damage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, I beat Lightning Returns. Legitimately one of the worst jrpg stories I've ever played, makes Star Ocean 3 a masterpiece in comparison. I rarely get annoyed at the story, but it was terrible how you are given very specific information by a person, and then when you repeat that information days later, they are completely surprised by the information, etc.

Otherwise I had fun, but I wish mandatory online wasn't a thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mandatory online?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

In Training posted:

Mandatory online?

You can't launch the game without steam cloud being on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tae posted:

You can't launch the game without steam cloud being on.

That's annoying.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

The current Humble Bundle has The Last Remnant on the $1 tier, and FF14 if you beat the average (about $5)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

That's a great way to test if it can work on my PC with the free trial

Also someone mentioned the jump rope

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Jump_Rope

quote:

The maximum number of jumps is 8,388,607 after which the next jump will overflow the counter to 0, and afterward the counter won't increase further.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm the Chocobo eagerly waiting for death.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I want to know how Gladiolus is holding five wine glasses one-handed like that, so that I may do the same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They look great

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I've finally found time to play Lightning Returns, and I just left the Ark for the first time and had a buttload of DLC gear dumped on me. Are any of them better than others? Can I eventually buy abilities to put in them later or where do I get them?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Verranicus posted:

So I've finally found time to play Lightning Returns, and I just left the Ark for the first time and had a buttload of DLC gear dumped on me. Are any of them better than others? Can I eventually buy abilities to put in them later or where do I get them?

A lot of the DLC gear is better than what you'll get for a good long while.

You can't buy abilities, they are drops from enemies.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Level Slide posted:

I want to know how Gladiolus is holding five wine glasses one-handed like that, so that I may do the same.

You hold 2 glasses between your middle and ring finger. :eng101:

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

This game looks gay. I want to play it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Level Slide posted:

he just has some kind of disorder that makes his hand really fat so he can pinch a glass between his thumb and his wrist

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I for one am finally glad they added a character with fat hands in a Final Fantasy game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can't loving get Zona Seeker from the Auction House and it's pissing me off. Literally every other thing you can get has appeared, and I've bought them. I'm carrying around like 20 Angel Wings and poo poo. It never took this long before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad Choco-boco-lina will help save XV by bringing some of that XIII charm over.