Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Leal posted:

Please tell me I didn't imagine poo poo, heavy shield briefly didn't block headshots with the explicit justification of "So skilled players can easily kill heavies." right? Before it was silently put back in?

That was for resist when they made it stop stacking with Nanoweave, yeah. Nanoweave still doesn't block headshots. I don't know why they reverted that. NMG and adrenaline have always blocked headshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
every good heavy i know used to run asc + resist. maybe some passive farmers did use nanoweave + adren, but p much everyone used resist. it's the best one against cheese

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
The most important part of the new stuff on PTS is that you can equip a horn on the ANT. Everything else is immaterial.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I'm still confused why the buff to the duration on a shield that you don't need duration on. Unlike resist, which mitigates THROUGHOUT THE DURATION, NMG/ADREN is completely gone as soon as you take 3-4 bullets of damage. Sooooooooooooooo, what the gently caress was the point of almost quadrupling the duration time on a nerfed/newly dumpstered shield that doesn't even function like the other shield. Do the developers play the same game or ???

A calm and composed AC player.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
AC is bad because they enjoy the game a different way than i do, the dumb fuckers

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Resist/ASC is canon

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

what happened posted:

AC is bad because they enjoy the game a different way than i do, the dumb fuckers

Yeah nothing to do with them being just down right horrible human beings at all. Its entirely the fact that they play the game the same way but just get way to mad about it.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

For real they should just put a time limit on nmg or something. Increase recharge rate. The drain is pithy at this point, why even have it? Resist will last forever, nmg will be up once every firefight or two.

Alternatively let asc affect the recharge rate on NMG.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Or just make overshield only affect explosive weapons. It's not hard, one class gets 2 of the best weapons in the game AND an overshield on top of that. Remove even just 1 of these things and we're getting closer to balance.

Make overhsield only affect explosive's and only allow HA's to use the launchers that can't dumb fire. Oh no now you just have the best weapons in the game! what will you do! Give engineers the dumb fire rockets.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
i have balance opinions about Planetside 2, allow me to share them with you

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

"remove medkits buff the magrider haha" --a wise sage

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

what happened posted:

AC isn't bad because they enjoy the game a different way than I do.

AC is bad because they have a way they play the game and then they try to get every other way to play the game nerfed or outright removed from the game.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

T00L is the equivalent on Cobalt. They're all 80% HA except for this one utterly infuriating guy called Snashy who has like 50000 kills with the shotgun Flash.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Zila
Jun 21, 2013
Hes so focused on the drain in only thinking in the terms of turning it on and letting it run. Sure you could do that, but you could do it now and it would be dumb and bad.

My guess is DBG doesn't have a different cost for the activation and drain so changing the drain is a way to offset the activation cost.

You get into a fight with someone and then turn it on when you know damage is going to happen. Sure they toned the total HP of the shield but lowering the drain offsets some of it.

http://imgur.com/kNfirSk

If they just kept the old drain, if you got into a fight with someone who landed 2 shots but then died you would have less shields then now. If you turn it off and then turn the corner and end up fighting someone else you now have to reactivate it saving yourself another 32 hp.

If you use Adren like it should be used, getting kills in a row, the lower drain will help keep it up longer.

People need to stop fixating on the total duration of the shield because no one will use it that way and if they do they are bad and will die anyways.

Its a fine change and calling the devs retards because you don't bother looking at the whole picture is myopic or arrogance... but it is Lex and everyone else is a shitter.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
If you think that ragetweet was funny you should listen to Lex's latest podcast where he invites another high K:DR PS2 player to whine about EMPs, Medkit stats and the Dev Team for like an hour. In Lex's head he is the FORCE and everyone else are force multiplying shitters. He is the only one that understands the One True Class and its struggles.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
The only depressing thing in the middle of all this is finding out Lex has an audience for his tweets and podcasts.

"This guy gets headshots like 5% more often than the average player, I'm sure he'll have some fascinating insights on the game and life in general."

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

jneer posted:

The only depressing thing in the middle of all this is finding out Lex has an audience for his tweets and podcasts.

"This guy gets headshots like 5% more often than the average player, I'm sure he'll have some fascinating insights on the game and life in general."

Wisdomcubes avatar on Twitter is a bathroom selfie

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I don't get why AC streams are so popular, do people watch them muted? I like watching good players but when 80% of it is UGH GRENADE SHITTER MAX SUIT SHOTGUNS why do I die this game is full of shitters!

It's just constant whining.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
The best part of AC streams is when they rage at getting clientsided

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Westy543 posted:

I don't get why AC streams are so popular, do people watch them muted? I like watching good players but when 80% of it is UGH GRENADE SHITTER MAX SUIT SHOTGUNS why do I die this game is full of shitters!

It's just constant whining.

Let me be the bearer of bad news. There's usually like 5 planetside 2 streams with about ~100-150 combined viewers between them. Let's not BS, here's what I just pulled right now off twitch, games and current viewers:
Watching LOL - 100k
Watching Hearthstone - 75k
Watching Dota 2 - 50k
Watching CS - 50k
Watching Planetside 2: 50

PS2 has like 12 streams live, the biggest has about a dozen viewers, about 5-6 have 3, and the rest have 0. So who is willing to stream regularly (important for viewers) when the game they are streaming has like no viewers? Hardcore dudes that play the game because they want to be good at it, and stream so they can show off their skills. They are usually unpleasant as people and streams but when watching their streams you can see the playstyle of a high KDR player, and note the differences between what they do and what you do. Secondly, I think people have some level of interest in the 'elite' outfits, so streaming from DA or AC tends to draw viewers simply because the Planetside aware people find those streams more interesting than some random.

Finally, there's the lack of choice. I've gone through all the PS2 streams plenty of time when there still were some. Oh look itzmurda with his crappy 720p stream, it's some european guy in an ESF with 12 viewers, it's a DA guy defending, it's an AC guy defending, and it's some TR guy try ing to be the next buzz. Out of those options I often found myself ending up with the least awful DA / AC stream at the time, ie whoever wasn't actively being racist into the mic.

On a hilarious note, PS2 sucks poo poo for streamers because if you are doing cool stuff then people can use the stream to gently caress with it, but if you are just farming scrubs then it's less of an issue if you broadcast it.

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 25, 2015

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Streaming is retarded anyway

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Segmentation Fault posted:

mlyp

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Rakthar posted:

Let me be the bearer of bad news. There's usually like 5 planetside 2 streams with about ~100-150 combined viewers between them. Let's not BS, here's what I just pulled right now off twitch, games and current viewers:
Watching LOL - 100k
Watching Hearthstone - 75k
Watching Dota 2 - 50k
Watching CS - 50k
Watching Planetside 2: 50

Oh I'm well aware. Last week the most popular ps2 stream was a vanilla wow private server that was mislabeled as ps2. Mechwarrior online and star citizen have more active viewers than ps2. 100 is a godsend, I never see more than like 60.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Dank af

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 26, 2015

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Westy543 posted:

Oh I'm well aware. Last week the most popular ps2 stream was a vanilla wow private server that was mislabeled as ps2. Mechwarrior online and star citizen have more active viewers the ps2. 100 is a godsend, I never see more than like 60.

Yeah it's an absolute wasteland on Twitch. PS2 has some real challenges from a stream perspective, it's boring to watch (caaaap tiiiimmers) and easy to gently caress with the streamer. Not a winning combination. So you get a few AC dudes throwing streams when they're farming and that's about it for your Planetside 2 footage.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Westy543 posted:

I don't get why AC streams are so popular, do people watch them muted?

I mute them and close the chat pane, yeah. I like to watch good players because I'm bad and it helps with that sometimes.

Unless it's cheese, that stream's usually pretty entertaining and not so much angry nerd.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

PS2 sperg kit:

HA, Anchor/MSW-R/Orion, medkits. Aim for the head, enjoy your high k/d.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

magic mountain posted:

Unless it's cheese, that stream's usually pretty entertaining and not so much angry nerd.

Yeah cheese's stream is great. She even has a bunny cam sometimes. :3:

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Westy543 posted:

Yeah cheese's stream is great. She even has a bunny cam sometimes. :3:

Yet the parrot cam was banned.

There is no justice in this world.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Polyakov posted:

Yet the parrot cam was banned.

There is no justice in this world.

UNCLEAN'S PARROT CAM STREAM. The best loving stream there ever was. WHERES RICKY UNCLEAN?!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
PS2 has no good streams and no viewers because nobody does a dedicated battle bus/vanguard stream. Basically, SOE should pay me to stream instead of paying all those e-celebs to promote their game in horrible ways at horrible events.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Arghy posted:

UNCLEAN'S PARROT CAM STREAM. The best loving stream there ever was. WHERES RICKY UNCLEAN?!

Stream a parrot on twitch? Banned for a day. Stream a game being played with a parrot in the background? Yeah sure no problem.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Scourgeoftheserver had the best stream. It was basically a Connery wide hangout/gently caress with Scourge time, and boy it was fun.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Durendal posted:

Scourgeoftheserver had the best stream. It was basically a Connery wide hangout/gently caress with Scourge time, and boy it was fun.

Esp when that girl sexually harassed him.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teCa2Ku3x4Y
Everyone just hates AC because they play different.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
I think that voicepack would actually stress me the gently caress out while playing.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Scourge was the best cause he let me ring for Connery in SS despite two of the SLs and a few conscripts raging about letting a PREY member fly.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

letting a PREY member fly.

Well they were just looking out for you, they know you would go crazy if you couldn't switch factions to TK someone who used lock ons on you.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Arghy posted:

I can't really imagine the type of broken person that could voluntarily inflict that upon themselves. That is genuine There Is Something Legitimately Wrong With Your Brain territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Arghy posted:

You're triggering me.

• Locked thread