Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRK_OMQGQlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Covok posted:

I still feel like that was a result of the VA forgetting to record the line and having to do a hasty recording from someone in-house and on-hand.

Nope. The VA's said they basically just got a script at their house and recorded lines, with no scene preview. Bandai Namco gave like 4 months to the translation team to localize everything.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Manatee Cannon posted:

y'all were right, xenoverse is cool

but man, that trunks sound clip where he says 'hey' is so amazingly bad. it's like it's being played through a gba or something

That's the sound that goes off when I get a text message. It never fails to get my attention.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That's the sound that goes off when I get a text message. It never fails to get my attention.

Genius. I might have to replace my Power Rangers communicator sound.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Has Team Four Star said precisely when the next episode is coming out? The graphic has been at 99 percent for a few days now, so I assume that it's imminent.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
My favorite dbz sound effect is Cell's squeaky walk.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Spiritus Nox posted:

Has Team Four Star said precisely when the next episode is coming out? The graphic has been at 99 percent for a few days now, so I assume that it's imminent.

They said they've got a big release on Christmas so I assume it's either the new episode or Hellsing

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Tomorrow.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

the culminator posted:

Same but Cells jet sound effect when he flies

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll probably be both and I think Hellsing is going to two a year next year if you're into that thing.

e: Note to me: Refresh before replying next time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the culminator posted:

H*ck yeah

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Momomo posted:

Yeah. Feels like people are eager to get in the "worse than GT" crowd all of a sudden. It was badly animated sure, but it wasn't even the worst Super had to offer.

I wasn't being hyperbolic. I animate and that's the worst animation I've seen out of this series. And I've liked Super more than most in general.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This weeks Super was absolutely the worst it's been so far. Others had more off model, but the animation wasn't quite this bad for so long.

That said, it wasn't so bad to drop the show over.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Merry Fistmas.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why dont they put more effort into DBZ stuff anyway? The name still carries a ton of recognition but so much of it feels halfassed

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zzulu posted:

Why dont they put more effort into DBZ stuff anyway? The name still carries a ton of recognition but so much of it feels halfassed

Toei.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Monaghan posted:

One of the criteria for what makes a good dbz movie is "Expanding on the lore" and BOG introduces a ton of new things to play with that I'm not surprised at all that it's the top dbz movie.

It's also the first time Goku got character development in, like, forever.

Raxivace posted:

I really loved the actual presentation of the battles in BoG that capitalized on the weird ways these characters can move. The tracking shot of Goku and Beerus flying through West City comes to mind, or the neat use of slow motion in the cave to capture how quick they're moving. Sumitomo's score is very underrated as well IMO.

The movie is really cool and good.

The part with the water droplets slowing down was brilliant. I love it when an anime actually gives you a sense of how fast they're going instead of just resorting to them "moving so fast it's like they aren't moving at all!" One Punch Man is definitely great at that.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I don't know where people are getting that that the Buu Saga was full-on DragonBall goofiness, that whole arc was pretty crazy with the genocide and personal with its violence.

There was that scene where Buu punched Babidi's head off in that one episode; that scene stuck with me for days, it was so hosed up

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'd say it's as goofy as classic Dragon Ball in the sense that Tao killing a dude with his tongue is both hilarious and horrifying.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 25, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raxivace posted:

I'd say it's as goofy as classic Dragon Ball in the sense that Tao killing a dude with is tongue is both hilarious and horrifying.

Yea Buu was goofy in the same way Dragon Ball was goofy in a lot of times. poo poo got real and people got killed but it was done in this weird cartoony way regardless.

Like, the idea of a dude turning into sweets and being eaten is a hosed up way to kill someone, but also it's a pink bubble gum monster shouting "TURN INTO CANDY" and then eating a dude.

Or yea, a guy gets his head punched just like clean off and that's just a thing that happens, but that guy was a tiny bug wizard thing named 'babadi' as in 'bibidi babadi buu' and he got his head punched off by a giggling pink gum monster who said 'you go bye bye now, bye bye babadi' because he was a 'meanie'.

I like Buu a lot because it was that old Dragon Ball style blend of just kinda absurd and goofy with fun action mixed in.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

remember when goku murdered the entire red ribbon army

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku kills more people on screen than every bad guy combined in dragon ball

also are 17 and gohan's side missions in xenoverse supposed to be really hard or am I just really bad

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Goku didn't go around murdering all those Red Ribbon soldiers, he mostly knocked them out in one hit leaving them with a funny face, he actually was shocked and prayed for forgiveness when he thought he had killed Metallitron when he blew his head because he didn't realize he was a robot. He doesn't care when dealing with demons, less so when said demons killed Krillin, of course.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Petiso posted:

Goku didn't go around murdering all those Red Ribbon soldiers, he mostly knocked them out in one hit leaving them with a funny face, he actually was shocked and prayed for forgiveness when he thought he had killed Metallitron when he blew his head because he didn't realize he was a robot. He doesn't care when dealing with demons, less so when said demons killed Krillin, of course.

pray for staff officer black

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

#AllStaffOfficersLivesMatter :colbert:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Insert Kung Pao joke here

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hahahhahahaha Imperfect Cell humming Cell's theme was loving perfect.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 25, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
That episode was amazing.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Episode was Perfect in every way

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

the culminator posted:

Episode was Perfect in every way

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What were they parodying at the start? Sounded like Steven Universe but its been a while since I watched that and I couldn't place the song.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't get the Goku song either but I think I'm going to enjoy Perfect Cell.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

The Ninth Layer posted:

What were they parodying at the start? Sounded like Steven Universe but its been a while since I watched that and I couldn't place the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT13ijUfSts

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This episode was kind of cute for one featuring multiple huge fuckups and what amounts to a character death. :unsmith:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It was surprisingly sweet and probably the funniest episode in a long time.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It was Perfect. I know someone made that joke already but the pacing was great, the jokes/delivery lines were great and the ending was just so good.

What I really like is TFS' interpretation of 18 and giving her character. I was always pissed Krillin fucks it up but the way TFS handled it, all I could go was... yeah can't blame him. The beginning with Goku signing a SU parody song was great. And Perfect Cell. Goddamn. I have been replaying that part where he sings like 10 times. loving Taka just nailed it. Taka keeps getting the best roles (exception Freeza seeing as that was LK) and making it memorable.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That's the worst Solar Flare image yet.

Also that episode was somehow worth the wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That's the worst Solar Flare image yet.

Also that episode was somehow worth the wait.

Anyone has a screencap? I'm on my phone so the online player is even worse than usual.
I didn't expect TFS to get the mileage out of #16 at this point of the show, so needless to say I'm looking forward to Cell Games.
Also Cell's song :allears:

• Locked thread