Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Is that a promo?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

jassi007 posted:

Is that a promo?

I think that's the Spring 2016 tournament kit card, actually. Wonderful news, though. I won't be buying the corvette.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cactrot posted:

Unless I have some kind of "I hate interceptors" episode, this is likely what I'll be flying against you with.

code:
TIE Interceptor: · Soontir Fel (27)
	 Push The Limit (3)
	 Autothrusters (2)
	 Royal Guard TIE (0)
	 Stealth Device (3)
TIE Interceptor: · Turr Phennir (25)
	 Push The Limit (3)
	 Autothrusters (2)
	 Royal Guard TIE (0)
	 Stealth Device (3)
TIE Interceptor: · Tetran Cowall (24)
	 Push The Limit (3)
	 Autothrusters (2)
	 Royal Guard TIE (0)
	 Stealth Device (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. -- 
Its not super good, but I loving love interceptors.

I was just playing around in the builder and looking at going to not inconsiderable expense to collect almost exactly this list. Looks fun AF to play and you are correct about interceptors. Curious to hear how it goes for you.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Endman posted:

Wampa is hilarious and I really wish he didn't come in the Assault Carrier because I'd rather not fork out the enormous amount of money that thing costs down here.

You're in Aus right? Get it from here: http://www.bookdepository.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Imperial-Assault-Carrier-Miniature-Expansion-Pack-Fantasy-Flight-Games/9781633441446

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cactrot posted:

Unless I have some kind of "I hate interceptors" episode, this is likely what I'll be flying against you with.

code:
TIE Interceptor: · Soontir Fel (27)
	 Push The Limit (3)
	 Autothrusters (2)
	 Royal Guard TIE (0)
	 Stealth Device (3)
TIE Interceptor: · Turr Phennir (25)
	 Push The Limit (3)
	 Autothrusters (2)
	 Royal Guard TIE (0)
	 Stealth Device (3)
TIE Interceptor: · Tetran Cowall (24)
	 Push The Limit (3)
	 Autothrusters (2)
	 Royal Guard TIE (0)
	 Stealth Device (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. -- 
Its not super good, but I loving love interceptors.

I like running a similar list with 2x RG pilots and Echo with various toys on board. Playing interceptors reminds me of the motorcycle from Twisted Metal (Mr. Grimm). He hits like a goddamn ton of bricks, but the first solid hit that someone gets on him might end up being the death of him.

e:

Otisburg posted:

I was just playing around in the builder and looking at going to not inconsiderable expense to collect almost exactly this list. Looks fun AF to play and you are correct about interceptors. Curious to hear how it goes for you.

Its a ton of fun to play, but don't expect much out of it for victory. That 3 hull on an interceptor doesn't go very far at all, especially when crits start coming into play. Don't joust with an interceptor list ever; you're playing hide and seek the entire time, and keep in mind that your interceptor can (and probably will) go from full health to dead in the span of a single turn once they start taking hits. That kind of urgency and fragility gives it a fun feel to play though :getin:

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 25, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm obv. not an expert, but might it be a good swap in that build to give Turr something other than PTL for a talent, like Outmaneuver, since when he's stressed you're not making use of his pilot text?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Otisburg posted:

I'm obv. not an expert, but might it be a good swap in that build to give Turr something other than PTL for a talent, like Outmaneuver, since when he's stressed you're not making use of his pilot text?

You can trigger PtL off of his pilot text as well, when you do the boost or barrel roll. I'm not a huge fan of Turr personally though, it's awkward to make his ability work.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Gate posted:

You can trigger PtL off of his pilot text as well, when you do the boost or barrel roll. I'm not a huge fan of Turr personally though, it's awkward to make his ability work.

Oh, wow, I didn't think of that. That's a lot of out-of-activation slipping around if you boost off it. I like the idea of blocking someone's cock by starting the combat phase in prime getting shot territory then being someplace else entirely.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
My LGS got some sort of display/demo table thing for the TFA core set. Came with a package of some nice Poe Dameron promo cards.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Panzeh posted:

I think that's the Spring 2016 tournament kit card, actually. Wonderful news, though. I won't be buying the corvette.

R2-D2 is still a $70 card.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Archenteron posted:

My LGS got some sort of display/demo table thing for the TFA core set. Came with a package of some nice Poe Dameron promo cards.

Any pics?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Panzeh posted:

It's the top-32 prize.

If your tournaments have less than 32 people, it's just a free participation prize probably.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

So this damage deck thing seems weird. I can just pick whichever one I prefer to use in official play? Seems like if I'm running a basic TIE swarm, I'd want to pick up the old one, but if I'm running something with a bunch of good pilots maybe the new one will save me the Injured Pilot crit?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Otisburg posted:

So this damage deck thing seems weird. I can just pick whichever one I prefer to use in official play? Seems like if I'm running a basic TIE swarm, I'd want to pick up the old one, but if I'm running something with a bunch of good pilots maybe the new one will save me the Injured Pilot crit?

90% sure the new damage deck will be required for the upcoming tournament season.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I hope they don't renege on it because it really does contribute to a more varied tournament meta when different lists are more viable with different decks. It's no different from choosing asteroids or debris that better suits your list.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Chill la Chill posted:

I hope they don't renege on it because it really does contribute to a more varied tournament meta when different lists are more viable with different decks. It's no different from choosing asteroids or debris that better suits your list.

It would be more interesting if "my list is more viable with this deck" didn't actually mean "4 of the cards in my crit deck are blank".

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kind of agree. It doesn't really seem like an interesting choice if it's one that's binary and pre-solved.

If they're worried about "making" people buy the TFA starter box, they could offer a redemption program where you mail in card X/33 from your orig tridge starter and they mail you the new deck.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

As of right now everyone can choose what deck to use, but for worlds they made you use the new one.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Wife picked up on the hints and now I've got imperial and rebel aces. From first impressions, jake, Poe and a bwing seems like a pretty viable list for rebels, so I'm happy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Different LGS, but one that I visit every so often posted pictures a few weeks back of the same set up and promotional Poe card.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe it's because I'm coming from The Bad Spaceship Flightpath Game where they used screengrabs for everything, but I prefer the original art to photos. I hope they do another alt poe that's actually "painted."

I think I might have to pick up the alt fel if I do this 3-interceptor build in earnest, it's pretty nice lookin'

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

lenoon posted:

Wife picked up on the hints and now I've got imperial and rebel aces. From first impressions, jake, Poe and a bwing seems like a pretty viable list for rebels, so I'm happy.

Yeah, I've run Jake/Poe/Keyan with some success, but it's quite tight fitting in a good set of upgrades, especially if you want to shell for an HLC on Keyan, which you do.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Is there anyone who can give away Evades like Kyle Katarn can give away Focus?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Deviant posted:

Is there anyone who can give away Evades like Kyle Katarn can give away Focus?

You can put Jan as crew on Kyle to have the same effect, I believe.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

LingcodKilla posted:

Depends. Are you in the States?

Yeah. Seattle. Figure I love the defender as much as a good whiskey, so I might as well build a triple defender list because reasons.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Yvonmukluk posted:

You can put Jan as crew on Kyle to have the same effect, I believe.

Okay...How do people normally build the HWK otherwise? I'm not ready to give up on my gimmick of Poe+Juke+Comm Relay, but I have no idea how to use an HWK.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Icon Of Sin posted:

I like running a similar list with 2x RG pilots and Echo with various toys on board. Playing interceptors reminds me of the motorcycle from Twisted Metal (Mr. Grimm). He hits like a goddamn ton of bricks, but the first solid hit that someone gets on him might end up being the death of him.

Thats how I play most games, go all In and win or just lose spectacularly. Also I just found out the person I responded to was not actually the person I thought it was because of the same doof warrior avatar.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Deviant posted:

Okay...How do people normally build the HWK otherwise? I'm not ready to give up on my gimmick of Poe+Juke+Comm Relay, but I have no idea how to use an HWK.

The HWK is a support ship in the purest sense, so it doesn't have a "typical" build like some aces might. You build it in such a way that it does good by your list.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Poopy Palpy posted:

R2-D2 is still a $70 card.

R2-D2 comes in the core set. It's like $15 on eBay.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

admanb posted:

R2-D2 the crew card, buddy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

admanb posted:

R2-D2 has an astromech version and a crew version, the latter of which comes in the Tantive IV pack.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Don't forget Han Solo and Princess Leia crew cards! Which I feel like I have never actually seen on the table.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That's because he lets you turn a target lock into a focus on offense, but doesn't actually make it a better option than focus on defense and doesn't actually do anything worth 2 points and a crew slot. He's not a good card unless you're Redline, which is honestly pretty ironic.

Leia is basically a squad-wide Adrenaline Rush except she's four goddamn points and therefore hideously overcosted when also taking a crew slot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kilo147 posted:

Yeah. Seattle. Figure I love the defender as much as a good whiskey, so I might as well build a triple defender list because reasons.

I'd be willing to trade I think. Also I'm moving up to Port Orchard in June.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

LingcodKilla posted:

I'd be willing to trade I think. Also I'm moving up to Port Orchard in June.
Nice place. Need a ferry to get to Seattle in any decent amount of time, but nice.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
How wang is this list:

Omicron Group Pilot
Darth Vader
Engine Upgrade

Soontir Fel
Push the Limit
Stealth Device

Rexler Brath
Push the Limit
TIE/X7
Twin Ion Engine Mk. 2

I think it totals 100. Rexler's ability never procs, so I just take him for the PS8.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

General Battuta posted:

How wang is this list:

Omicron Group Pilot
Darth Vader
Engine Upgrade

Soontir Fel
Push the Limit
Stealth Device

Rexler Brath
Push the Limit
TIE/X7
Twin Ion Engine Mk. 2

I think it totals 100. Rexler's ability never procs, so I just take him for the PS8.

TIE/X7 is an odd one when you put it with TIE Mk. 2, because the Defender has exactly one set of maneuvers where both are in use at the same time (3 banks). With the ability to get a free evade token on any 3, 4, or 5 speed maneuver, you really lose a lot of the need to use those hard ones and 2s. You'll end up with the same firing arc on a hard 3 unless the enemy is really close or pulls a tight maneuver, where a 4k will keep them handily in arc. The predictability of a 4k really isn't as crippling if you can end up with a stress free focus/evade at the end of it.

The shuttle arguably doesn't need the Engine Upgrade for 4 points, since you're not trying to keep the range in a certain spot. You can come in slow and keep folks in range for several turns (especially with 0 stops) while using Vader. I'd probably drop both TIE Mk. 2 and Engine Upgrdae to give Soontir the Royal Guard title and Autothrusters and maybe a pilot upgrade on the Shuttle? That or APLs, so you can jam your self into the fray and still do work even if you're not getting shots.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Being able to do something other than fly straight to lose stress after a PtL is nice, though. I could drop the TIE Mk 2 and move the engine upgrade to Rexler...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

General Battuta posted:

Being able to do something other than fly straight to lose stress after a PtL is nice, though. I could drop the TIE Mk 2 and move the engine upgrade to Rexler...

It is! I just get the feeling that PTL isn't honestly a big deal on Rexler with the X7 title. You may get sincerely more use/benefit out of Predator.

• Locked thread