Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

JB50 posted:

Have you never been to a grocery store?

That's not a typical grocery store, it's a friggin Costco/Sam's Club wholesale thing. You have to pay a membership there, but you can save money on the very limited selection of food items that you generally have to buy in bulk quantities. Basically, how many Americans can afford to be monstrously obese and never eat anything of any real value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

EightBit posted:

That's not a typical grocery store, it's a friggin Costco/Sam's Club wholesale thing. You have to pay a membership there, but you can save money on the very limited selection of food items that you generally have to buy in bulk quantities. Basically, how many Americans can afford to be monstrously obese and never eat anything of any real value.

No, it's a regular grocery store.

http://wincofoods.com/

walking around
Jul 29, 2013
here's the staff of a company founded by a stanford drop out

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Automatic Slim posted:

Mathematician writes paper on why hipsters all look the same.

http://wapo.st/1Ob9VN2

I have no idea if this has any validity, but since it picks on a subset of millennials (all of them) I'll seize on it as truth. (Repost from 2014)

Those look like some real entry level hipsters in that stock photo.

Didn't read it because it's pretty loving obvious that almost all humans just dress like whatever subculture they are drawn to, to attract certain people and ward others away. No one needed to write a paper on that.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

NESguerilla posted:

Those look like some real entry level hipsters in that stock photo.

Didn't read it because it's pretty loving obvious that almost all humans just dress like whatever subculture they are drawn to, to attract certain people and ward others away. No one needed to write a paper on that.

lol you'd be a horrible scientist

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Stinky_Pete posted:

Stealth snapped this photograph at the grocery store today

lol stay classy, Humboldt

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Son of Rodney posted:

lol you'd be a horrible scientist

I'll give all of those nimrods swirlies

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

NESguerilla posted:

I'll give all of those nimrods swirlies

nimrod actually was a great and accomplished hunter which youd know if you had any education lmao read some reddit maybe??

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can feel my wedgie hand twitching.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

would you say I've....triggered you?

owned, you've become what you hate

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

We'll see who got owned once I publish my livejournal post about this dicourse.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
the answer might surprise you: it's you who got owned

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

walking around posted:

this is cool imo.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

nimrod actually was a great and accomplished hunter which youd know if you had any education lmao read some reddit maybe??

Also a very underrated green day album

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It's no dookie tho

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Friend asked me why I play so many video games and I said because I'm a millennial

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

mr. mephistopheles posted:

the whole "lol why all nonconformists look same?!?!?" thing is pretty loving dumb because generally the purpose is to rebel against parental expectations and the popular media portrayal of your demographic's culture, not to not look like anyone else ever

there are millions of people, you're going to look like a bunch of other people no matter what your style is unless you design and sew all of your own clothing and even then it's still probably going to be derivative

Show us your cool anchor tats and gauged lobes please.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

ghostter posted:

I was picking up Jnr this afternoon from his School which has a very good reputation in our area and it's students were known for their high dress standards and good behavior. However today was a type of free dress day and as such the students were able to wear normal clothes as long as they were or had in them a certain color.

Now I was shocked to see that when I was driving him out of the school that the students were behaving abnormally. They were completely disregarding their mormal behaviour and crossing the road away from the designated crossing that was approximately 15 meters away? Not only were they doing this, they were ignoring the cars that were on the road also. Just sauntering across the road at any angle they desired expecting the traffic to stop for them.

Now these are students from a school where such behavior is not tollerated and I was shocked to see this occuring. However with the way that the behaviour of most of the young people today has degraded, I suppose that it had to happen sooner or later.

It's a shame that this had to happen, but sooner or later the general population will wake up and see that this 'Tree of Political Correctness' is bearing rotten fruit and that the 'Do Gooders' are really destroying what is RIGHT. So what we need are Do Righters instead. "The Good Old Days" were called that for a reason - they were the days when people and behavior was GOOD.

it loses a lot without the colors and formatting

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

CowboyKid posted:

Show us your cool anchor tats and gauged lobes please.

i don't have any tattoos or piercings

you can think something is dumb without it being a defensive reaction

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

walking around posted:

A family business? They all have similar faces.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Son of Rodney posted:

Yes, hence the ironic use of the word, Einstein

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

To clarify I'm not calling you Einstein because I believe you're a smart genius

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

walking around posted:

WEHYS THE WOMAN A SECRETAY

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Surprised there isn't a ball pit at this meeting

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Surprised there isn't a ball pit at this meeting

Actually the same company that owns that office does have a few ball pits, but they are in our Mexico and Mountain View offices, and maybe others. My office has a climbing wall instead of a ball pit, which I think is much superior:

I enjoy riding the coattails and getting these perks to be honest. I am lucky enough to be one of the few hard tradeskills folks that ends up working with a company that targets mostly millenials, so it is quite nice.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Just imagine how much of what would have been your bonus goes instead into turning your office into a jungle gym for adults.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

notZaar posted:

Just imagine how much of what would have been your bonus goes instead into turning your office into a jungle gym for adults.
i too like the jolly bleep of bonus announcement e-mail in my cubicle

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Why the long face bud?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Actually the same company that owns that office does have a few ball pits, but they are in our Mexico and Mountain View offices, and maybe others. My office has a climbing wall instead of a ball pit, which I think is much superior:

I enjoy riding the coattails and getting these perks to be honest. I am lucky enough to be one of the few hard tradeskills folks that ends up working with a company that targets mostly snake people, so it is quite nice.

all this poo poo says to me is we want you to spend ALL your time at work and gently caress you if you want to go home and spend time with your family

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Santa and Ryan Gosling had a kid?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

LegoPirateNinja posted:

all this poo poo says to me is we want you to spend ALL your time at work and gently caress you if you want to go home and spend time with your family

One of the things that I really like about being a consultant is that I don't have to participate in any of that "live at the office" crap. I do my job and go home (or back to my hotel room).

Sometimes I have to go eat and drink with the other consultants, but that's not too big a burden.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

symbolic posted:

that is a lot of loving orange juice

You're easily impressed by all things fruit juice related

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

plain blue jacket posted:

You're easily impressed by all things fruit juice related
eat a dick

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

symbolic posted:

eat orange juice concentrate-- straight from the can

ftfy

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Almost all the employees at my office are hourly with overtime caps, and as long as we don't spend an inordinate amount of time on the wall, it is on the clock. It is meant as a fun activity to do on paid breaks/lunch breaks. I will sometimes come in on my days off to climb for a bit, hit the gym and catch a free lunch and a beer, with no pressure to go and do any work. They are just some nice little perks to have.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
In a bar where everyone was a hipster and I dressed like a normal person, because I was out in public. Someone wearing underwear on top of shorts, a white tank top, a giant curled moustache, and a red hat made out of felt walked in. I stopped thinking entirely. Paused to stare at him. He looked directly at me, we stared at each other for a full 5 seconds.

I realised I needed to move out of Vancouver.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Nolgthorn posted:

In a bar where everyone was a hipster and I dressed like a normal person, because I was out in public. Someone wearing underwear on top of shorts, a white tank top, a giant curled moustache, and a red hat made out of felt walked in. I stopped thinking entirely. Paused to stare at him. He looked directly at me, we stared at each other for a full 5 seconds.

I realised I needed to move out of Vancouver.

I'd move to Vancouver, rather than have that guy waste taxes in an asylum he's patronizing a business

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
There should be a cargo pants, hawaiin shirts and travel blazer fad based on the philosophy of, "Gave up," and, "Live Slow; gently caress It."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

• Locked thread