Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah that's some p good poo poo.

I also love the "ANIMALS DO IT/DON'T DO IT" argumentation in general because it's just such a bad argument.(Also animals do the damndest things)

Animals eat other animals alive on a regular basis.

Hey, at least they don't also throw in the whole "well, in enlightened countries like Japan..." part. Not to long ago there was a discussion on the forums for the Anime Con I work at about the ban on Loli stuff in the con. It was a huge long screed about how its just drawings and how this is an Anime Con and celebrates all aspects of Japanese culture and loli is part of the culture. How kid loving is a "accepted part of Japan" becauase Lolicon is so popular over there. I wish I had saved it because it was some glorious "anime is real Japan" stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

i guess dating a trebuchet would be okay, as long as you don't mind it having all the leverage in the relationship

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i guess dating a trebuchet would be okay, as long as you don't mind it having all the leverage in the relationship

I prefer my siege equipment less bulky. Thats why I date a catapult.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

y'all haven't lived until you've been with a battering ram.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Well played

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

y'all haven't lived until you've been with a battering ram.

That's what your mom called me. :smug:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

A store has just opened in New York City that offered free husbands. When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:

“You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors to choose from. You may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the store to find a husband. On the 1st floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs

The 2nd floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

The 3rd floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely Good Looking.

“Wow,” she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the 4th floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

“Oh, mercy me!” she exclaims. “I can hardly stand it!” Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the Sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 71,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that you are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

To avoid gender bias charges, the store’s owner opened a Wife Store just across the street.

The 1st first floor has wives that love sex.

The 2nd floor has wives that love sex and have money.

The 3rd through 6th floors have never been visited....

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

A store has just opened in New York City that offered free husbands. When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:

“You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors to choose from. You may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the store to find a husband. On the 1st floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs

The 2nd floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

The 3rd floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely Good Looking.

“Wow,” she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the 4th floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

“Oh, mercy me!” she exclaims. “I can hardly stand it!” Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the Sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 71,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that you are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

To avoid gender bias charges, the store’s owner opened a Wife Store just across the street.

The 1st first floor has wives that love sex.

The 2nd floor has wives that love sex and have money.

The 3rd through 6th floors have never been visited....

The moral is that men are incredibly superficial.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's a good joke

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

this is the worst, whitest thing I have ever seen

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Trash Boat posted:

Off of a public post that showed up in my feed on Jared Fogle (currently on mobile and can't screencap):

And then this guy's daughter is a victim and then the chair is not even enough.

Wait, let's not hope he procreates in the first place

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fiend Computer posted:

The moral is that men are incredibly superficial.

And yet no mention of the wife being attractive.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkuM1wSH5hI

White people you can sing along too, just change the "n" to a "w"

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Most of the people in my Facebook list are posting Merry Christmas stuff, Bible verses if they're Christian, what's on TV, nice stuff like that.

One guy has posted a really long rant about the Bible and how Christmas is fake and everyone who celebrates it either relgiously or seculary is a big dumb idiot. His reasoning seems to be based on the story of Noah and a misunderstanding of the symbolism in Relevation (he seems to think that the bit about Jesus as a lamb sacrificed for sin means that God is actually a goat? No idea how he got to that). That's all this guy seems to post is :smug: atheist stuff - because taking a day off to be nice and respectful and pleasant is too much apparently.

Not to mention it's always the Bible he keeps misunderstanding and mocking, but whenever there's a islamic terrorist attack, he's quick to post how great muslims are and how no-one should ever question them ever. I'm tempted to post "that's nice, now do the koran" whenever he posts another long :smug: the Bible r/atheism copy/paste job.

On the plus side, seeing everyone happy and enjoying the holiday is a really :3: feeling.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Detroit Lions made the mistake of wishing people Happy Holidays and the anti-PC brigade is in full force.

And a lot of angry "You guys can't even get this right!" comments. Unfortunately it appears that they've deleted the dude with the Minion profile pic who was responding to everyone saying that they're PC and are what is wrong with this country, but was censoring words like "mor*n" and "los*r"

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

OldMemes posted:

Most of the people in my Facebook list are posting Merry Christmas stuff, Bible verses if they're Christian, what's on TV, nice stuff like that.

One guy has posted a really long rant about the Bible and how Christmas is fake and everyone who celebrates it either relgiously or seculary is a big dumb idiot. His reasoning seems to be based on the story of Noah and a misunderstanding of the symbolism in Relevation (he seems to think that the bit about Jesus as a lamb sacrificed for sin means that God is actually a goat? No idea how he got to that). That's all this guy seems to post is :smug: atheist stuff - because taking a day off to be nice and respectful and pleasant is too much apparently.

Not to mention it's always the Bible he keeps misunderstanding and mocking, but whenever there's a islamic terrorist attack, he's quick to post how great muslims are and how no-one should ever question them ever. I'm tempted to post "that's nice, now do the koran" whenever he posts another long :smug: the Bible r/atheism copy/paste job.

On the plus side, seeing everyone happy and enjoying the holiday is a really :3: feeling.

So basically he's a living fedora.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Detroit Lions made the mistake of wishing people Happy Holidays and the anti-PC brigade is in full force.

And a lot of angry "You guys can't even get this right!" comments. Unfortunately it appears that they've deleted the dude with the Minion profile pic who was responding to everyone saying that they're PC and are what is wrong with this country, but was censoring words like "mor*n" and "los*r"

Huh; that lady should have unfollowed them because their the Detroit Lions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

Huh; that lady should have unfollowed them because their the Detroit Lions.

There are more than a few "you guys can't even get this right" jokes.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Laurenz posted:

So basically he's a living fedora.

The fedora atheist group are usually just as anti-muslim, along with being racist and classist. The only people they tend to like are male libertarian anti-religion middle class white gamers (ie people exactly like them). So this dudes at least a little off that beaten track

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Aesop Poprock posted:

The fedora atheist group are usually just as anti-muslim, along with being racist and classist. The only people they tend to like are male libertarian anti-religion middle class white gamers (ie people exactly like them). So this dudes at least a little off that beaten track

So he's more of an Sjw....rejects any western ideals because he believes anything to do with the west is oppressive.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Laurenz posted:

So he's more of an Sjw....rejects any western ideals because he believes anything to do with the west is oppressive.

I think you might be projecting a bit. Usually atheists like that are rebelling against their own upbringing, so the only religion they see as bad is their family's.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Practical Demon posted:

I think you might be projecting a bit. Usually atheists like that are rebelling against their own upbringing, so the only religion they see as bad is their family's.

As someone who was a hardcore douchebag atheist in his late teens and early twenties, he's not projecting. The extreme anti-Muslim and anti-feminist leanings of huge swaths of the "community" are what turned me away from it, thankfully.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

This guy is unusual - he posts a lot of "edgy atheist" stuff, denies stuff like the fact that not all Christians are young earth creationists, that Christians have been motivated to make valuable advances in science, the arts and other discplines because of their faith, mocks summarised versions of Bible stories without actually knowing the text, your basic r/atheism stuff, but then he's always defending muslims and the koran?

Also on my friends list, I have a muslim guy who thinks that islamic terrorism and ISIS is all made up by the media to discredit muslims (he seems to think that IS either isn't real, or is a peaceful country and the media makes up all the crimes against humanity) - he also posts crisis actor memes and thinks that Tila Tequila is being targeted by the illuminati for exposing the truth about the New World Order. (This is an actual conspiracy theory - a few years ago, Tequlia had an OD and suffered brain damage, and now writes word salad online. It's pretty sad, but there are people who think she's speaking the truth, because I guess the illuminati lets reality TV stars in now). He also thinks that the Paris attacks weren't real. I.....don't know.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Crazy Islamic theories are almost refreshing after the wall of crazy Christian theories. :allears:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Rockey science: this Creed movie is loving fake

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

OldMemes posted:

This guy is unusual - he posts a lot of "edgy atheist" stuff, denies stuff like the fact that not all Christians are young earth creationists, that Christians have been motivated to make valuable advances in science, the arts and other discplines because of their faith, mocks summarised versions of Bible stories without actually knowing the text, your basic r/atheism stuff, but then he's always defending muslims and the koran?

Also on my friends list, I have a muslim guy who thinks that islamic terrorism and ISIS is all made up by the media to discredit muslims (he seems to think that IS either isn't real, or is a peaceful country and the media makes up all the crimes against humanity) - he also posts crisis actor memes and thinks that Tila Tequila is being targeted by the illuminati for exposing the truth about the New World Order. (This is an actual conspiracy theory - a few years ago, Tequlia had an OD and suffered brain damage, and now writes word salad online. It's pretty sad, but there are people who think she's speaking the truth, because I guess the illuminati lets reality TV stars in now). He also thinks that the Paris attacks weren't real. I.....don't know.

Show don't tell, goddammit.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Laurenz posted:

A sjw wouldn't like the middle east culture of making GBS threads on women / gays. And I doubt he understands that islam =\= middle east

snergle has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Dec 25, 2015

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

I get where he's coming from. Tie fighters are not aerodynamic and could never fly in atmosphere. Immersion destroyed.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

snergle posted:

A sjw wouldn't like the middle east culture of making GBS threads on women / gays.

However, even though men can act feminine, the opposite is not true. Women cannot act masculine. For one, they just don’t have the physical strength to intimidate men. But more importantly, they do not have the masculine emotions to the same degree men do. Women can be slightly masculine to a point (they also have some testosterone, but once women are confronted with men, their aggressiveness and assertiveness disappears. They are biologically wired to be submissive to dominant men who are attacking them. Of course women can be trained to pretend to be masculine, the same way that a parrot can be trained to talk. But they don’t have those same competitive emotions as men.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

However, even though men can act feminine, the opposite is not true. Women cannot act masculine. For one, they just don’t have the physical strength to intimidate men. But more importantly, they do not have the masculine emotions to the same degree men do. Women can be slightly masculine to a point (they also have some testosterone, but once women are confronted with men, their aggressiveness and assertiveness disappears. They are biologically wired to be submissive to dominant men who are attacking them. Of course women can be trained to pretend to be masculine, the same way that a parrot can be trained to talk. But they don’t have those same competitive emotions as men.

:frogsiren: Biological determinism :frogsiren:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

I feel like this post more then any I have ever read can be summed up with :biotruths:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

"I once took an online quiz to test my IQ!"

change my name posted:

Rockey science: this Creed movie is loving fake

loving beautiful.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

snergle posted:

A sjw wouldn't like the middle east culture of making GBS threads on women / gays. And I doubt he understands that islam =\= middle east

Naw, if you're brown that overrides the whole making GBS threads on women / gays thing. I've witnessed people protect sexual predators because they were non white and "from another culture" while trying to molest people in the middle of trying to get school assignments done. Basically if you're not-white that's your free pass in extremist sjw circles.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Only getting mad at things that are anti is too PC, we've got to start on the non Christian. If every statement you utter is not unqualified praise of Our Lord Jesus Christ, that's an unfollowin'.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Happy Holidays is just a quicker way of saying "and a happy new year!" in my book.

Klaus88 posted:

Crazy Islamic theories are almost refreshing after the wall of crazy Christian theories. :allears:

Basically they're mostly just anti-semitism.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OldMemes posted:

Basically they're mostly just anti-semitism.

Gonna have to be more specific.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Naw, if you're brown that overrides the whole making GBS threads on women / gays thing. I've witnessed people protect sexual predators because they were non white and "from another culture" while trying to molest people in the middle of trying to get school assignments done. Basically if you're not-white that's your free pass in extremist sjw circles.

You're not LoB, so please tag your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005