Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

JIMMY
Dives where he likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

"a night guard routinely disposed of him" is a very unsettling sentence

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
with a goddamn raygun no less

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Anthrovore posted:

JIMMY
Dives where he likes

Those are some tight, sexy authoritarian jack booties!

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i wish i had a rich fantasy life like this guy, he probably just lays in bed at night with a smile on his face thinking up cool sea patrol scenarios and absentmindedly stroking his scrotum

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Sea Patrol salute looks a bit awkward

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Deffo dude is jerkin to this

Sea Patrol posted:

men's mighty loads to haul

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i lust for scuba murder

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Man, don't gently caress around with the sea patrol.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It's funny how mental illness manifests itself, I'm glad this way is funny and pretend murdery and not shoot up the mall kind

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Professor Shark posted:

It's funny how mental illness manifests itself, I'm glad this way is funny and pretend murdery and not shoot up the mall kind

It's basically Star Wars, but with scuba divers. Mental illnes my rear end.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

mike12345 posted:

It's basically Star Wars, but with scuba divers. Mental illnes my rear end.

If that isn't setting off your :siren:CRAZY ALARM:siren: then I don't know what to tell you

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Professor Shark posted:

If that isn't setting off your :siren:CRAZY ALARM:siren: then I don't know what to tell you

I think you're a recreational diver.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

want to smoke what he's got

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

mike12345 posted:

beeeeeeeeeeesaaaaaaaac!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

standard issue anti-frogman grenade

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-frogman_techniques

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm a certified recreational diver, should I be worried :tinfoil:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm a certified recreational diver, should I be worried :tinfoil:

Only if your breaking regulations put forth by sea patrol, citizen.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

A hefty dose of BERT AND JIM

Take me to your leader

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Sea Patrol is a Christmas present to us all

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Some of these graphics made me think I was playing Fallout 4. Holy poo poo this guy is onto something.

Also what is, "Teetotlal"? He keeps going on about how hes teetotlal on twitter.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

Some of these graphics made me think I was playing Fallout 4. Holy poo poo this guy is onto something.

Also what is, "Teetotlal"? He keeps going on about how hes teetotlal on twitter.

Either some aztec god, or a typo for teatotal

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

mike12345 posted:

Either some aztec god, or a typo for teatotal

It occurs too much it must be some kind of fish-man / Atlantis god.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

mike12345 posted:

I did just buy myself a dive watch for Christmas... is it possible to be a Sleeper Recreational Diver and not know it? :ohdear:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

I did just buy myself a dive watch for Christmas... is it possible to be a Sleeper Recreational Diver and not know it? :ohdear:

praise teetotil.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I don't know why the hell people keep scuba diving after the murderous fascist Sea Patrol takes over the ocean. Recreational scuba must be a hell of a drug to risk laser execution. :ohdear:

quote:

the ducks, which were big domestic ducks and not small wild-type park lake ducks, went into action, diving or on the surface, cleaning out the pondweed and whatever lived in it. They routinely easily caught full-sized frogs and toads and quickly shovelled and pumped them down their throats to be dissolved.

Sometimes we watched this small-scale version of submersible grab-dredgers at work and thought that ... some day ...

quote:

The public had several hard lessons in what matters and what does not matter as the Sea Patrol shoveled up and digested the massive over-financed demonstrative sport diving organizations as a pond-dredging duck swallows a large struggling frog and pumps it down to be dissolved in its onboard destructor.

The frog squirmed hard as it was swallowed. People tried to swamp us with numbers.

Oh yeah, pond-dredging duck's onboard destructors. Scuba vore. :fap:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Fintilgin posted:

I don't know why the hell people keep scuba diving after the murderous fascist Sea Patrol takes over the ocean. Recreational scuba must be a hell of a drug to risk laser execution. :ohdear:

Oh yeah, pond-dredging duck's onboard destructors. Scuba vore. :fap:

This dude totally wants to breed giant ducks to devour scuba divers. My god this is a grown man. In a train station I walked past a sign that said, "Avoiding eye-contact is a sign of Autism." I couldn't help but laugh i mean holy poo poo we're labeling children who are shy as being autistic now.

It should be "grown men creating scuba Nazi like fan fictions are a sign of autism." gently caress this gay earth.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

what is that, a flounder?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

amusinginquiry posted:

what is that, a flounder?

crude depiction of ur moms vagina

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Nooner posted:

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Nooner posted:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

amusinginquiry posted:

As we processed the results of these arrests, it got dark. A man in a backstreet-workshop-made amphibious power armour prowled around our base's quay, planning to be the sport divers' new defender against us. But such superhero-type methods tend not to work for long in the real world, and soon a night guard routinely disposed of him .

Master Chief? Nooo!

#huntthetruth

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

In the far reaches of the oceans there is talk of a Recreational Divers Rebel Alliance

The Sea Patrol Empire begins to crack and crumble...

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Microwaves Mom posted:

This dude totally wants to breed giant ducks to devour scuba divers. My god this is a grown man. In a train station I walked past a sign that said, "Avoiding eye-contact is a sign of Autism." I couldn't help but laugh i mean holy poo poo we're labeling children who are shy as being autistic now.

It should be "grown men creating scuba Nazi like fan fictions are a sign of autism." gently caress this gay earth.

To be fair, being in a train station is probably a better sign of autism.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
holy shiiiiit

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
I'm not going to say that Appleyard isn't autistic, but Sea Patrol isn't that weird if you look at the context.
He's some old as gently caress British dude, and his homepage has some Dan Dare stories which probably means he read 2000 AD as a kid.
The original issues of 2000 AD were meant for children and read at about the same level as the Sea Patrol stories and had a heavy focus on both anti-authoritarian (Invasion!) and authoritarian (Judge Dredd) settings.

So Appleyard probably came up with the Sea Patrol as a kid and then never let go of the idea.
He just buried it deep in the ground for it to bloom into the poser rendered horror we see today!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

No that counts as weird

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Professor Shark posted:

No that counts as weird

Yeah you're right.
It's really loving weird. No adult man should be producing this.
It's one thing to come up with this as a kid, but writing an illustrated novel is like, "jacking off to model train set" weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Still better than Ayn Rand

• Locked thread