Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Reminder : he hasnt killed a single person.
Yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Full confession, this fight was amazing for me because Garou and Metal Bat are my two favourite characters.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Reminder : he hasnt killed a single person.
Yet
The first mention of Garou said he killed a bunch of Silverfang's students, but the different translations toned it down to him just beating the crap out of them. Maybe it was bad scanlators?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

KittenofDoom posted:

The first mention of Garou said he killed a bunch of Silverfang's students, but the different translations toned it down to him just beating the crap out of them. Maybe it was bad scanlators?

Bad Scanlators, like the big stone chin dude at the tourney said, "garou just went nuts and whipped us." I mean that guy was ground zero and he's alive and ok, and charanko lived, so probably nobody else died?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Garou is awesome. Not only is it a purely visual delight to watch him do his thing, but he's also got this interesting contrast between his goal of becoming the ultimate monster and the fact that he still has ethical rules when it comes to picking his targets. Since he's not a complete rear end in a top hat it makes it easy to root for the guy when he does something cool, and that's a really nice thing in a villain.

Besides that, more or less every matchup between a S-class hero and Garou that I can think of would be hype as gently caress.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I hope he goes after Pig God next :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Bad Scanlators, like the big stone chin dude at the tourney said, "garou just went nuts and whipped us." I mean that guy was ground zero and he's alive and ok, and charanko lived, so probably nobody else died?

Charanko wasn't there at the time.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Charanko was there when he whipped on Tank Top Master and Rider though, and they're all alive. I mean you know that. But I thought that's sort of what he was getting confused on.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Garou has never killed anyone.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So far Garou just seems to want to prove that Heroes don't always win and that Monsters are cooler or whatever, and he doesn't need to actually kill anyone to do it.

He did beat up Mumen Rider though and that is absolutely unforgivable. :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He did beat up Mumen Rider though and that is absolutely unforgivable. :colbert:

I mean, are you a real monster until you do?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe you shouldn't want to be a monster if it requires beating up Mumen Rider then!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Murata added and removed some pages in the chapter before the newest one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terper posted:

Murata added and removed some pages in the chapter before the newest one.

It's weird that the manhole cover thing is still in even with no payoff.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 26, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Losing the ricochet kind of sucks, that was a cool use of the metal bat and Garou's finger imprints were cool too. I guess it was kind of clumsy but just have it be a normal ricochet!! (or was it too much like golden ball or whoever that guy was)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The latest chapter owned. That was probably the best way to end that fight for both competitors. Metal Bat and Garou both basically had the other dead to rights and were only stopped by Metal Bat's Sister, and more importantly Bat would've totally killed Garou first if he didn't want to set a good example for his sister and not murder anyone in front of her. So Metal Bat is totally the winner and the coolest and the best!

Also, Bat's sister is very cool + cute and has her brothers eye's and eyebrow's. She will probably grow a sweet pompadour in the future and become a crazy tough delinquent. Oh and is Bat's name really just "Bad" that's kinda weird.

Jerkface posted:

Losing the ricochet kind of sucks, that was a cool use of the metal bat and Garou's finger imprints were cool too. I guess it was kind of clumsy but just have it be a normal ricochet!! (or was it too much like golden ball or whoever that guy was)

Yeah, it does kinda suck to lose the ricochet. I hope Murata adds it back in because it owned a hell of a lot.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Metal Bat still has that centipede to take out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

AtomikKrab posted:

Metal Bat still has that centipede to take out.

And now he's a little more powered up :getin:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Not a big fan of all the spoilers whenever the new raws come out and the English versions haven't, but don't want to make too big a deal out of it either, especially since everyone seems to be doing a good job on the spoiler tags. But man, you guys really need your pretty image fix, huh?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going off Korean scans so yeah, not having English scans is not a problem.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Spoilers sustain me.
I try to tag or direct link anything though, nothing should slip through the net when I share it.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm going off Korean scans so yeah, not having English scans is not a problem.

I've been meaning to learn Korean for years now. This could be my motivation. I guess 100 chapters, 10km, 100 something- I don't know how to become a Korean monster...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shadow0 posted:

I've been meaning to learn Korean for years now. This could be my motivation. I guess 100 chapters, 10km, 100 something- I don't know how to become a Korean monster...

I mean if you're gonna put in the effort to learn a language just for manga, it might as well be Japanese

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerkface posted:

I think it just didn't fit with Metal Bat's style of fighting.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh and is Bat's name really just "Bad" that's kinda weird.

I did not think that his name was Bad so much as she was calling him bad

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, at first you might think that he is really awesome at hitting projectiles with his bat because that is what bats are for. But that isn't really part of his character and never has been.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

I mean if you're gonna put in the effort to learn a language just for a manga, it might as well be Japanese

Waaay ahead of ya. That could work. But somehow I feel like the raws would be harder to get or :filez:. There's a reason everyone's been posting the Korean translations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Nope. The newest chapters of Onepunch-Man are always available fastest in Japanese, for free, at the site linked in the OP (http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/).

The reason one guy has been posting Korean scanlations is because he can read Korean and for some reason likes linking them.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
wrong thread

Crain fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 27, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
wrong thread

Crain fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 27, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYdczv_OPq4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some of these doodles Murata does for his twitter are amazing.
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/680592992416043008

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

All of them are, when you think about it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I disagree, some are extremely amazing.

It appears he's actually jotted down a sort of analysis of the final episode of the anime too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I agree

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is that supposed to be Three-Section-Staff Lily?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Is that supposed to be Three-Section-Staff Lily?

Dotou no Yuusha-tachi(Heroes of Fury).
One of the 4-5 oneshots that ONE and Murata have done.
Pretty fun.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hello

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I disagree, some are extremely amazing.

It appears he's actually jotted down a sort of analysis of the final episode of the anime too.

:cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Volume 2, 3 and 4 showed up yesterday :neckbeard: