Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

While Aug, is this also a millenial thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Another example of parents these days being too accepting of their child's life choices.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

the kid's first word was mummy clearly xhe is drawn to the female gender

why wait? just castrate!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"If you knew true internet culture you would know the battletoads meme." :laffo: is that real.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Celebrity Hipster Chocolatiers Reportedly Sold Remelted Commercial Chocolate

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/mast-brothers-chocolate-scandal?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

lol

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

This would be totally worth it if they just came out and admitted they did it on purpose to humiliate foodies and gullible millenials.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The term "bean to bar" makes me irrationally angry.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NESguerilla posted:

I dunno it sounds like it's describing a bowel movement.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

NESguerilla posted:

It's pretty insulting since it implies no farming or farmer was involved. It's like saying you should get your meat from a supermarket where no animals were involved.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Boiled Water posted:

It's pretty insulting since it implies no farming or farmer was involved. It's like saying you should get your meat from a supermarket where no animals were involved.

No that's not the right way to do it. Proper meat is local. I know most of you life pretty far away from salmon ranches or chicken hatcheries or whatever so can I interest you in some artisanal locavore cat meat?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

Living in Sacramento is cool because you hear about all this lame delivery app poo poo from the Bay Area or New York and literally none of them work in this area because of how retarded it is to expect someone to drive from an office in Roseville to drop off your 3 eggs and sugar or whatever in Del Paso Heights. So its like half of the startup industry may as well not exist here

and yet we get more and more of them starting up

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I wonder how much of that delicious scraggly beard hair ends up in the food they sell.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

symbolic posted:

eat a dick

that's a really millennial thing to do

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siljmonster posted:

and yet we get more and more of them starting up

I'd rather have a bunch of perma-unemployed white trash talk about their epic Uber wages than try to sell me Mary Kay stuff so I"m OK with it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Grand Prize Winner posted:

No that's not the right way to do it. Proper meat is local. I know most of you life pretty far away from salmon ranches or chicken hatcheries or whatever so can I interest you in some artisanal locavore cat meat?

In a lot of Texas, it's very easy to know a guy who will sell you a cow and have it delivered to a slaughterhouse/butcher shop. Local beef means a few miles down the road. lol if you've never looked dinner square in the eye.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Nothing wrong with a beard, but that cliche undercut and salt water taffy peddler beard combo was seriously overdone and is going out of style and I see it less and less these days (now being replaced by man buns in many areas). I've rarely seen it on guys that were even sort-of in shape, mostly on the soft-bodied millenial whose hobbies are drinking craft beer and vaping and wondering where that jiggle in the stomach came from. It goes with that meme "When everyone has X, nobody has X." It really does make the head look like an elongated rectangle.

I've seen a lot of food places that make beard guys wear hair nets over their beards to keep the face pubes out of the food. Somewhere in Portland some girl is eating a $10 melted Nestle bar and pulling a face pube out of her teeth.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Grand Prize Winner posted:

If the price is right sir, you most certainly can!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I just paid for a pizza with an old style 5. She asked me if it was a 5 and then showed it to her manager and asked "can we take these?" It was more endearing than annoying but definitely millennial. Feeling old as gently caress.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Ka0 posted:

Surprised there isn't a ball pit at this meeting

Offices by Cosmo Kramer?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mad Monk posted:

Offices by Cosmo Kramer?

These guys are the ones who designed the office in question: http://www.camenzindevolution.com/Office

They also designed the office that houses these, uhh, phone rooms that look like the teleportation devices in "The Fly"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

And we call this the oval office room. As you can see there are a few cunts already posing inside.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

IncredibleIgloo posted:

These guys are the ones who designed the office in question: http://www.camenzindevolution.com/Office

They also designed the office that houses these, uhh, phone rooms that look like the teleportation devices in "The Fly"

Why would you take multiple exposures with a person there.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Why would you take multiple exposures with a person there.

Because the entitled millennial inside wouldn't get off the goddamn phone, and they don't have all day for the photo shoot, would be my guess.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Because the entitled millennial inside wouldn't get off the goddamn phone, and they don't have all day for the photo shoot, would be my guess.
it's not a smartphone, though

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't get me wrong those offices are pretty eye rollingly corny, but I really can't fault people for trying to break up the soul draining atmosphere of offices.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

symbolic posted:

it's not a smartphone, though

That picture is likely from the Zurich office opening in 2007, which places it just near the launch of the first iPhone, and before any Android phones. The majority of the office spaces don't quite look like that. The really out there ones are either common places or meeting rooms. Places that the public might even see. The majority of people's work space are not as zany. For example:

Nicest office I have worked in, but not quite as extravagant as all the photo ops would lead you to believe.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this guy looks like a late-70s Gen Xer, though

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

look at this smug piece of entitled millennial poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

guy unironically owns for stealing from his company (time it took to make all that stupid bullshit on the right.. haha he made a chain of rings out of construction paper), wearing that wicked dope advent calendar sweater (presumably every day in december that he worked), and not being a millennial

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
He's perverting the natural colorless state of the office, trying to enliven his environment

Clearly a millenial scumbag

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

I'm laser vision Santa

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

IncredibleIgloo posted:

That picture is likely from the Zurich office opening in 2007, which places it just near the launch of the first iPhone, and before any Android phones. The majority of the office spaces don't quite look like that. The really out there ones are either common places or meeting rooms. Places that the public might even see. The majority of people's work space are not as zany. For example:

Nicest office I have worked in, but not quite as extravagant as all the photo ops would lead you to believe.
I hate those spaces. Something needs to cut down on noise and sound splash.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
those "cubicles" with low walls somehow manage to make cubicles even more undesirable

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

IDGI whats the issue this sounds like a capitalist dream? I mean i'm taking notes on how to pll it off myself.

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

the notion that people need to spend a third of their goddamn life at a desk in an office when the job they're doing actually only requires sitting at a computer needs to be firmly rejected by millenials so that they don't become miserable cunts like the Boomers, but it won't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

thathonkey posted:

those "cubicles" with low walls somehow manage to make cubicles even more undesirable

it's like all the shittiness of a generic, homogenized workplace but without even the pretend privacy of a standard cubicle

babies havin rabies posted:

the notion that people need to spend a third of their goddamn life at a desk in an office when the job they're doing actually only requires sitting at a computer needs to be firmly rejected by millenials so that they don't become miserable cunts like the Boomers, but it won't happen.

don't worry the boomers are unhappy because after a lifetime of being handed everything they were promised as children they realized how unfulfilling and lovely their lives were anyway and that blind consumerism and materialism are meaningless beyond neighborhood dick measuring contests

millennials will be too busy working themselves to death as unregulated private contractors to ever have the leisure time to feel the existential nihilism that boomers feel

• Locked thread