Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

uPen posted:

You can get it way earlier than that, I gave up trying to use fighters on 1700. You'll very quickly get to the point where you have enough damage to 1 shot bosses that are several thousand levels higher than you can you can autobattle without worrying about it.

Well, like I said, it doesn't work for me. My DM's, with all their magic boosting gear on, do about 9k with their big attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Any good tycoon or management games out recently? I haven't looked in a while.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Am I ready for the Warrior's Dimension if I'm at ~75/80 on the all-class relics (that don't have limits, obv) and ~50 on the classes I use?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I see Star Wars Uprising is finally moving along the sector battle it needs to continue the story. Story as it is. I bet they make the players do more sector battles as a punishment for having installed this game in the first place!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Am I ready for the Warrior's Dimension if I'm at ~75/80 on the all-class relics (that don't have limits, obv) and ~50 on the classes I use?

If you've beat the boss of your current dimension you're ready to ascend. There's really no value grinding unless you're close to unlocking another VIP upgrade.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

RBA Starblade posted:

Any good tycoon or management games out recently? I haven't looked in a while.

I have heard a new kairosoft game will be out by the end of the year.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Been playing Avengers Alliance 2, it's some real bullshit. It's 5 bucksish for a character pull. Except most of the time you don't even get a character but a crappy skill for a character you already have. So building any sort of team is nearly impossible.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
King of Dragon Pass is 50% off, $4.99 in the US. I've found it a bit hard to get into, but it seems to have a lot of depth, and there have been a couple LPs of it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
More sales: Surgeon Sim, Flockers, Spacecom, Leo's Fortune, Kingdom Rush: Origins, Worms 2, Xenowerk, Deep Under The Sky and Pac-Man CE DX are 99 cents, Shadowgun and Samurai II are 50% off, and NBA JAM is on fire for 10 cents.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 24, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

is pacman ce dx hd bbq playable with touch controls? i played the pacman tournaments game on my phone, which had pretty good controls. but i have pacman ce for computer, and i don't know if i could keep up with that level of twitchiness without a controller :corsair:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
It's perfectly playable. I've had no problems with it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Lutha Mahtin posted:

is pacman ce dx hd bbq playable with touch controls? i played the pacman tournaments game on my phone, which had pretty good controls. but i have pacman ce for computer, and i don't know if i could keep up with that level of twitchiness without a controller :corsair:

Yes, they're quite responsive which is great considering how fast paced the game is compared to vanilla Pac-Man. There's also a new slow-mo mechanic in DX that kicks in when you're near ghosts which comes in really useful.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Yes, they're quite responsive which is great considering how fast paced the game is compared to vanilla Pac-Man. There's also a new slow-mo mechanic in DX that kicks in when you're near ghosts which comes in really useful.

Oh man, PMDX:CE was the first game on XBLA that I 100%'d, I just couldn't stop.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, I love the Appsales app, but it's temptinge with so many games! I just really want either GTA:Chinatown Wars, or Minecraft PE, and they're never on sale :negative:

Chinatown wars has been on sale before.
Minecraft pe will never ever be on sale.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure it (Minecraft) got put on sale for 10c at some point, that's the only reason I own it.

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 24, 2015

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Dodoman posted:

Pretty sure it (Minecraft) got put on sale for 10c at some point, that's the only reason I own it.

Same, it was during one of those giant 10c sales where they were announcing several apps a day or something. I've tried playing it on the phone though and it's just not fun. To me anyway.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Likewise. I own the game, got it for cheap years ago, but its so bland compared to the PC version.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

I see Star Wars Uprising is finally moving along the sector battle it needs to continue the story. Story as it is. I bet they make the players do more sector battles as a punishment for having installed this game in the first place!

I started playing this after seeing TFA and it's been filling my need for both Star Wars and dress up. The sector battle stuff has been kind of annoying, maybe it's my low level (hit 19 last night), but some variety in enemy types would make it less painful.
At least I've been able to level up a bunch of gear.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Been playing Avengers Alliance 2, it's some real bullshit. It's 5 bucksish for a character pull. Except most of the time you don't even get a character but a crappy skill for a character you already have. So building any sort of team is nearly impossible.

I've also been playing this, but I was lucky enough to get 3 extra characters from free pulls and the sign-in bonus. What I feel is more bullshit is that you can lose ranks in the PVP event! There's no leaderboard or even indication in your friend list of what rank they are so I don't understand why they would do this, beyond being a money grab that is.

Scouting missions are also a bitch cause 1 try takes 24 hours to refill and you need the random stuff from them to level your characters every 10 levels and to move them up in star levels. Also, I think some of the chapter tasks are broken and can't be completed.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Now that I have figured out the mechanics of Hitman Sniper, I want to reset to the beginning. I don't see anything like a master reset in the options menu. Help.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Clear app data or just reinstall?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Dr.Caligari posted:

Now that I have figured out the mechanics of Hitman Sniper, I want to reset to the beginning. I don't see anything like a master reset in the options menu. Help.

Pretty sure at the bottom of the options screen "Settings - Reset" should do it.

edit: nope

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

harmless_fun posted:

I've also been playing this, but I was lucky enough to get 3 extra characters from free pulls and the sign-in bonus. What I feel is more bullshit is that you can lose ranks in the PVP event! There's no leaderboard or even indication in your friend list of what rank they are so I don't understand why they would do this, beyond being a money grab that is.

Scouting missions are also a bitch cause 1 try takes 24 hours to refill and you need the random stuff from them to level your characters every 10 levels and to move them up in star levels. Also, I think some of the chapter tasks are broken and can't be completed.

Pvp made me quit outright no leagues or anything to sort skill or level so my second match I fought a dude who one shot everyone as he outleveled me.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Is anyone still playing shop heroes? The town of Otisburg is dead now.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I am, but there's only one guy in my town of Vangoon who's really playing (though he's quite dedicated). Shame, as the city raids are interesting and now its not near-impossible to get gems.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Here's something pretty great I found: Tottoko Dungeon

It's sort of a puzzle game with light RPG elements. The main character barrels ahead through each map and you have to equip skills and use them to guide the character through. Getting to the exit isn't the challenge, though, it's managing to get all the treasure chests on each map. And most maps you'll need to play more than once with different skill loadouts to collect everything.

Once the map is exited the first time, you then can look at a preview of the whole thing before entering so you can plan your route. It's really helpful!

There are two types of IAP in this otherwise free game, buying gold (which upgrades equipment) and No-Ads, which is just under $2. I'm on the last map of the third dungeon (out of six, according to the achievements) and unless there is a huge spike later, there hasn't been a need to spend any of the 20k+ gold I've gotten in game. For reference the first couple upgrades on a piece of gear costs around 100-250.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Invite me to vagoon Jared #65341

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

ModeSix posted:

Pretty sure at the bottom of the options screen "Settings - Reset" should do it.

edit: nope

Going into app manager and clearing data worked.

e; This google play sale was great and I'm glad I have been amassing google rewards credit for the last 6 months. I picked up Hitman Sniper, NBA Jam, Goat Simulator and Leo's Fortune.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 26, 2015

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

pappawurm posted:

Is anyone still playing shop heroes? The town of Otisburg is dead now.

Yeah, the combination of UI changes hosing my Facebook version and some of the gameplay changes made me cool on it and I'm sure others did too. Check the Shop Heroes thread for exodus details.

The good thing is that you take your contributions with you, so no real loss.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Just want to put in a word for Royal Revolt 2. We've a group of ~10 goons playing now, and we're having a good time. It's a bit of a rework of generic base + raiding games where your base is a path with towers along it, aka a tower defense. Your raids are getting through other peoples tower defense set ups. You actively control your king through touching the screen, summoning reinforcements and casting spells.

If any of that seems interesting, here is a link to the thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750573&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Well, like I said, it doesn't work for me. My DM's, with all their magic boosting gear on, do about 9k with their big attack.

Invest one or two good runs into boosting the all attack, dark mage, and magic damage runes. It should scale pretty absurdly, pretty quickly. You probably have a good 200%+ in the gold relic, right? Run from x701 until you hit the boss, then cash your gold out into relics. Should be able to break him in no time.

I got up to ~43000 with 4DM+Knight before I got tired of restarting the game every few hours after it crashed. I showed very little sign of slowing down.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is Talisman worth $2.22?

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I'd say $2.16 at most. To be honest though I wouldn't buy it for a penny more than $2.08.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

Len posted:

Is Talisman worth $2.22?

If you don't have nostalgia for the board game you'll probably hate it. Talisman tends to be extremely polarizing as progress often crawls to a halt due to poor movement rolls.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like there's a new Hungry Shark game doing the soft launch rounds: Hungry Shark World.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

Looks like there's a new Hungry Shark game doing the soft launch rounds: Hungry Shark World.

Incompatible with all of my devices. :(

Unrelated: Infinity Loop is just the best.

I'm on #1415

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Just started seven knights and looking for a 5 star friend. In-game name is Khako

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The two recently released Lifeline sequels, Lifeline 2 and Lifeline: Silent Night are on sale for 99 cents (the original is also still on sale I believe). Ducktales Remastered is also 99 cents.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Pathox: Nethack Codex is a really good nethack clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Rapner posted:

Pathox: Nethack Codex is a really good nethack clone.

This word "clone", I do not think it means what you think it means.