Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Leofish posted:

The War on Christmas is dead for another year!

Long live the War on Christmas!

Pack it in boys, we tried our hardest. Next year we need to use the Red Cup super weapon a bit later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've said it before: I really think Crowder is one of the few prominent conservatives who legitimately fits the old "self-hating closeted gay" theme. Long time adult virgin, obsessed with he-man/50s ideas of masculinity, over compensates how much he despises feminine, stereotypically gay men or Transgender people, constantly showing off that he's now married and TOTALLY HAS SEX YOU GUYS, etc. Also has a way of talking and body language that set off my gaydar like crazy even before I really knew much about him.

He's another dog away from being that guy in the highschool reunion episode of 30 rock who got mad at Liz lemon for saying he's gay in high school cause now he's married and the proud father of two beautiful dogs.

Eh, until he hangs a sheet with his wife's virginal blood from the window or starts churning out kids like a real 'murican, he's just another spoiled anti-family urbanite and never actually had sex. Old school values, buster.

It's like Ross Douthat fretting over the browns annihilating wasps on the demographics race...but never engaged enough to go beyond having his mere two kids by 40something like those same decadent liberals he despises.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

beatlegs posted:

It really looks like she's embarrassed being in this picture with him. She probably has deep regrets about not waiting to marry a normal person.

Isn't he the one who always goes on about Asian women because MRA thinking is the submissive chinawomen are naturally better than our uppity American sluts?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Isn't he the one who always goes on about Asian women because MRA thinking is the submissive chinawomen are naturally better than our uppity American sluts?

i think you'll find it was chuck c johnson who kept using #MyAsianWaifu

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ah right, ol floorshitter was that guy (did he perhaps think a squat toilet was built into his floor?), Crowder's the one who clearly jerks off to Carly for reasons

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Crowder getting fat is particularly hilarious considering he's always ranting about fatties and has Mark Rippetoe as a regular guest.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Man, DMX looks like poo poo these days.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I'm not much of a populist, you see. I don't believe in people. I think a person, individually, can be intelligent and competent, but people together are... well, frustrating, to put it mildly. And it seems things will never change.
I guess it's good that I'm a Christian, then. I don't need to put my faith in people or politicians. I put it in Christ. And I pray that He will restore some sanity, clarity, and courage to our nation. Lord, do we need it.

Jesus wept. :(

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Crowder always, in any picture, tries to make his ring a focus of the shot.

It's one giant "NO HOMO" and it's hilarious

Before you die, you see...THE RING! :stonk:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Armani posted:

It's nice knowing that these people are not only hypocrites, they're delusional hypocrites.

Merry Christmas!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Grown rear end adults waiting in line to take pictures with Santa are weird. Plus they make the wait longer for kids. Double lame in ever way.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

He looks like every grown-rear end man that threw a hissy fit about prices at Office Depot.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

The rear end in a top hat who wrote this article http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/08/31/steven-crowder-hipsters-al-qaeda-usama-bin-laden-terrorists-consumerism.html took ironic photos with a mall Santa Claus.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Gail Wynand posted:

Crowder getting fat is particularly hilarious considering he's always ranting about fatties and has Mark Rippetoe as a regular guest.
I can't help but be disappointed in Rippetoe

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Armani posted:

I too derive my personal philosophy from Men in Black quotes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Normally Santa isn't the awkward one in the picture.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Knight posted:

I can't help but be disappointed in Rippetoe

Glad I switched to 5/3/1 :(

Rippetoe's sort of a known crazy person tho so I can't say this is a huge surprise

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I too derive my personal philosophy from Men in Black quotes.

I am sure there are tens of thousands that honestly do, if seeing how much that quote is unironically reposted on places like reddit and imgur is any indication.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Maybe the MiB movie was an experiment in memetic conditioning in popular media hiding in plain sight? :ohdear:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I've learned to appreciate hipsters because it seems like they've pretty much led to a lot of good music to be introduced to me as a result.

It seems historically if not for the "cultural elites" these people bitch about? Pop Culture would be a boring, dry, wasteland bordering on propaganda.

Crowder and his brand of hipsterdom are dipshits though.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

FuzzySkinner posted:

It seems historically if not for the "cultural elites" these people bitch about? Pop Culture would be a boring, dry, wasteland bordering on propaganda.

It's funny, though... they embrace all the progressive cultural elites of the past, yet despise the ones of today.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Any true conservative would've thrown out almost all movies and music they own and settled for the trash that right wingers create. It would just be movies from that conservative film festival and ted nugent and pop country on repeat, and even then they can't really rely on pop country singers to be on "their side"

They hate pot smoking liberals but they're happy to appropriate the hell out of their culture. Again.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

They hate pot smoking liberals but they're happy to appropriate the hell out of their culture. Again.
I think a lot of them smoke pot themselves. What they hate is liberals expressing their opinions openly. Liberals need to know their place, and keep quiet. Go to the kitchen where they belong and make conservatives a sandwich.

No problem if Patricia Heaton or Ted Nugent lets loose a hate-filled partisan rant, but Alec Baldwin expressing himself politically? WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS, HE'S JUST A LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD ACTOR.

Iconic liberals of the past, well, they were actually conservatives you see, if you listen to the right spin.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

beatlegs posted:

It's funny, though... they embrace all the progressive cultural elites of the past, yet despise the ones of today.

Well, probably not all of them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

beatlegs posted:

I think a lot of them smoke pot themselves. What they hate is liberals expressing their opinions openly. Liberals need to know their place, and keep quiet. Go to the kitchen where they belong and make conservatives a sandwich.

No problem if Patricia Heaton or Ted Nugent lets loose a hate-filled partisan rant, but Alec Baldwin expressing himself politically? WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS, HE'S JUST A LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD ACTOR.

Iconic liberals of the past, well, they were actually conservatives you see, if you listen to the right spin.

MLK was a Republican!

... One day a year

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

beatlegs posted:

It's like with Jesus, but now they can only wait a few decades before they start revising history to view people as conservatives. What's the current crazy right winger opinion on FDR and how long before they some how make him a conservative hero?

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

It's like with Jesus, but now they can only wait a few decades before they start revising history to view people as conservatives. What's the current crazy right winger opinion on FDR and how long before they some how make him a conservative hero?

FDR is commonly listed among the worst presidents ever among my right wing and libertarian friends for the New Deal, which turned us into a nation of takers instead of rugged frontiersmen over time and did nothing to help the Depression (the war did). The die off of the Greatest Generation, who collectively tended to like FDR, is probably enabling this trend.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ProperGanderPusher posted:

FDR is commonly listed among the worst presidents ever among my right wing and libertarian friends for the New Deal, which turned us into a nation of takers instead of rugged frontiersmen over time and did nothing to help the Depression (the war did). The die off of the Greatest Generation, who collectively tended to like FDR, is probably enabling this trend.

That's just because attacking social programs is in. Once the reality sets in that that will not win them many elections, I can see them turning things around and spinning social programs as some kind of conservative thing, just because so many of them seem batshit insane.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

FDR is commonly listed among the worst presidents ever among my right wing and libertarian friends for the New Deal, which turned us into a nation of takers instead of rugged frontiersmen over time and did nothing to help the Depression (the war did).

But FDR was president for almost the entirety of the war. So even in that line of argument, he'd deserve some credit for bringing the US out of the Great Depression.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

That's just because attacking social programs is in. Once the reality sets in that that will not win them many elections, I can see them turning things around and spinning social programs as some kind of conservative thing, just because so many of them seem batshit insane.

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan already tried to accuse Obama of gutting Medicare and said they would save it from the dems.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Samuel Clemens posted:

But FDR was president for almost the entirety of the war. So even in that line of argument, he'd deserve some credit for bringing the US out of the Great Depression.

Government spending only stimulates the economy when you buy guns with it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Pope Guilty posted:

Government spending only stimulates the economy when you buy guns with it.

I kid you not that an Iraq war veteran that I was having a discussion with about this subject said that exact thing.

He stated that the New Deal did not get us out of the Great Depression but World War II did. I asked him why he thought that government spending did not help but even more massive government spending did help. He said that what they were spending money on was different so it was not the same and World War II helped out only.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've said it before: I really think Crowder is one of the few prominent conservatives who legitimately fits the old "self-hating closeted gay" theme. Long time adult virgin, obsessed with he-man/50s ideas of masculinity, over compensates how much he despises feminine, stereotypically gay men or Transgender people, constantly showing off that he's now married and TOTALLY HAS SEX YOU GUYS, etc. Also has a way of talking and body language that set off my gaydar like crazy even before I really knew much about him.

He's another dog away from being that guy in the highschool reunion episode of 30 rock who got mad at Liz lemon for saying he's gay in high school cause now he's married and the proud father of two beautiful dogs.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gross! *patooey* Yucky!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Stephen Crowder and his wife seem to look and act like the couple from a 90s/early 2000s sitcom. Like their whole life is schlubby dude with hot wife having comedic squabbles over outdated gender role stuff except instead of doing a real job like a man, Crowder posts racist and homophobic poo poo on the internet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The worst thing, hes looking at his phone as he takes the picture. I'd like to think that its just naracssim and not because it's being taken by his BFF Buck who is a MMA fighter with a waxed chest.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Well, hopefully she'll have more success than Michelle Bachmann.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

No ring.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Her ring is prominently shown.

Man that image is hard to look at. But we must assume she's an adult who had opportunity to back out of that situation (or never enter into it.) She's there because she chose to be.

Unless he bought her from Russia or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The most recent popular line among libertarians seems to be that the New Deal actually prolonged the Great Depression because... I'm not quite sure, really. Probably because everything Keynes said must not only be wrong, but the exact opposite of it must be true. Then the Depression kind of fixed itself afterwards because Free Market.