Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
"You are fat." :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
A lot of young kids seem to use fat to mean tall. I mean, I'm not exactly skinny, but I've heard godfather's youngest call a number of six footers fat, even if their proportions were nearly anorexic.

Mind Loving Owl has a new favorite as of 07:13 on Dec 19, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think it's more "wider than me=fat" and they often don't realize yet how much feelings can be hurt by words.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Slight background, my dad has a fairly long beard that is mostly grey/white, and his coat is red and this year he bought a Santa hat to wear for winter, so of course guess who all children think he is.

So the other night we were out for pizza and while we were eating this lady walked by with two little girls I'm guessing around 5 or 6, and they were just staring at my dad. The mom said to us, "They're pretty sure this is really happening." So my dad said hi to them and they giggled and ran off to their table. We went back to eating and pretending we notice them staring, until they came back by and asked if they could tell "Santa" what they wanted for Christmas. The first girl asked for a Barbie, the second screwed up her courage to ask Santa to bring her "a kitchen from Costco" it was adorable.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Right this second im in the movie theatre bathroom with my five year old. The guy on the stall next to us has very loud gas and my son is losing his goddamn mind laughing like crazy. Every time the guy farts he goes into another bout of laughter.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

Choco1980 posted:

I think it's more "wider than me=fat" and they often don't realize yet how much feelings can be hurt by words.

Years ago, I went away for a long weekend with some friends of mine and one of them brought his two children. His eldest, Rhiannon, was about 4 or 5 and the loving living embodiment of this.

I was a teenager and I always wore quite a lot of make up, often favouring bright colours or glitters. The first morning we had there, she came right up to me, looked at my make-up free face for the very first time and asked: "Bad Roy, why aren't you pretty today?"

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Shayu posted:

"You are fat." :(

The other day one of the 3-year-olds I work with was sat next to me and started sniffing the air dramatically, I asked her what was up and she said, "I can smell something. Something smelly. It's you."

:(

mania
Sep 9, 2004

eating only apples posted:

"I can smell something. Something smelly. It's you."

Ha, the same time happened to me, also with a 3 year old. Kid was sitting next to me when she sniffed my side and went "Miss (mania), you very smelly. Why you never shower today?"

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still

HellCopter posted:

"Let the children name the dog"

When I was little we had a cat named Truck Driver, thanks to my older sister. She was the fattest, hairiest, orneriest cat ever. Personally, I named every single pet I had 'Jessica', including my rabbit. My favorite movie at the time was Who Framed Roger Rabbit :wiggle:

My youngest stepbrother, at age 5, decided to give new names to everyone in the family... I had them all written down at one point, but I only remember a couple now: I was FenceWood Lightning, his oldest sister was LeafThat'sOnFire Butterfly.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

HellCopter posted:

"Let the children name the dog" is why I had a poodle for 10 years named Mini-me.

The corollary is letting the adults name the pets: "the big one", "the small one", and "the old one"

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

The corollary is letting the adults name the pets: "the big one", "the small one", and "the old one"

It's true. I don't have kids and my pets are the blue dog, the spotted dog, the black one, and fatass. They all have real names that are rarely used.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

It's true. I don't have kids and my pets are the blue dog, the spotted dog, the black one, and fatass. They all have real names that are rarely used.

Somehow my cousin's cat went from Tigger to Cathead over the years.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Astrofig posted:

Somehow my cousin's cat went from Tigger to Cathead over the years.

My cousins' went from Marty to Gumball to lovely.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A 4yo neighbor kid taught me how to drink yesterday while we were kid-sitting:

- When you "drink like a ball", you fill your mouth up, and then gulp it all down. The more gulps it takes to empty your mouth, the better.

- When you "drink like a string", you gulp down the liquid as you're pouring more in.

According to the child, you're "being rude" if you think milk like a string, or of you drink water like a ball. Orange juice has to be drank like a ball.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
A Kindergarten wrote a cookbook that reminded me of this thread: http://imgur.com/a/tAwPp

These are my favorites.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You can tell which kid got help from their dad.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
When I was in Kindergarten we did that. I tried really hard to say what my grandma did to bake cookies, but I totally mixed up ingredients. Like I thought the vanilla extract she would use was vinegar...that uh, would not have been so good.

You could tell which kid lived on a farm because his chicken soup recipe started out with you grabbing a chicken from your coop, killing it, plucking it, then chopping it up. :stare:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I love the pizza recipe: just get it from some guy and cook it 2 or 4 hours.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Choco1980 posted:

You could tell which kid lived on a farm because his chicken soup recipe started out with you grabbing a chicken from your coop, killing it, plucking it, then chopping it up. :stare:

In my experience, the children of farmers are always weirdly pragmatic in outlook.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My niece got an ipad for christmas this year and my sister had the foresight to set it up first so when turned on, it was unlocked and my niece blurts out "ipad! It's even unlocked!" in the most excited voice :kimchi:

predvig
May 3, 2009

Toot toot, motherfucker
I'm 5'0'', 105 lbs, and 26 years old. I had a group of my boyfriends younger relatives (8 yrs and younger) surround me tonight and demand to know if I was "fully grown." When I said that I was, a few of them got the most astounded look on their faces while another (age 6) mused loudly that "maybe her heart's messed up and it makes her small".

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My son doesn't know how to speak yet, but somehow was able to yell "MY BUTT!" When I was play spanking and tickling him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not a thing said, but my 5 year old nephew's favorite gift by far today was a bottle of Coke with his name on it.

Everything else he did his usual "It's a ___!" or "Just what I wanted!" before moving on to the next thing, but when he pulled the Coke bottle out of his stocking he got up and hugged his grandmother.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Do teenagers count?

ME: "Hi, Student, I like your shirt."
STUDENT: :byodame: "I LIKE YOUR BOOBS!!!!!" :byodame:
ME: :wtc:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
My parents have a nativity scene on a table at their house for Christmas. Tonight my dad asked my four year old niece if she knew the name of the little baby.

She said "Massachusetts"

I think she has some wires crossed.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
I couldn't be with extended family this year, so we "adopted" animals from WWF for my nieces and nephews. They got a stuffed animal, and information about the animals. My 8 year old niece was concerned about when her actual sea turtle would be arriving and where they would keep it. And my 10 year old nephew wanted to plan a trip to visit his tiger.

They also told me that they ate 100 cookies each, but only so they wouldn't hurt Grandmas feelings.

And the 8 year old told me she knows that Santa isn't real, but not to tell her brothers because they still believe. They have been trying to convince her that Santa is real to keep the magic alive or something, and she's interpreted that as them still believing. It's cute.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
We got my nephews (2, 6 and 8) an inflatable punching bag that has a Chicago Blackhawks guy on it. They got a lot of other super fancy presents, but they really enjoyed taking turns beating the poo poo out of the punching bag. Also they all opened presents and ate dinner shirtless.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I participated in a secret Santa this year, and we had wish lists to go along with our names in the drawing. I just put for mine "the power to decide who lives and who dies" because nobody's taking this poo poo seriously and whatever junk I get I'll just end up throwing out anyway.

I got my present yesterday, it was a donation in my name to doctors without borders and a handwritten note saying that this would at least empower somebody qualified to make those decisions. It was his kid's idea.

Dude won secret Santa.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
The boyfriend and I went out for breakfast on Christmas Eve, and sitting near us were a couple with their daughter, maybe 4 years old. As they're ordering, the girl is chanting "butter butter butter butter." I look over maybe ten minutes later and she's got one of the little butter things from the table and is eating it, looking happy as a clam.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My 2 1/2yr old daughter has discovered that if she starts to song a particular song my wife and I seem to have trouble continuing to talk.

That song is of course "Willy Willy Willy, Willy Willy Willy, Willy Willy Willy!"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

My four-year-old cousin received a little-kid smartwatch for Christmas and asked if he could take a picture of two of my aunts with it. One aunt asked if they should say "cheese!" while he took the picture, ad he insistently replied, "NO! THIS KIND OF CAMERA DOESN'T LET YOU SAY WORDS!!"

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Im spending xmas with my kids over at my brothers house. Between us, we have 4 kids ages 3-6. After stockings, but before presents my nephew (6) says to me:

"Uncle Bob, what if Santa isnt real and its just grown ups putting our presents under the tree and thats why we have to go to bed early?"

"Michael," I say, "that's ridiculous."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

omnibobb posted:

After stockings, but before presents

What's "stockings"?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

RandomFerret posted:

I participated in a secret Santa this year, and we had wish lists to go along with our names in the drawing. I just put for mine "the power to decide who lives and who dies" because nobody's taking this poo poo seriously and whatever junk I get I'll just end up throwing out anyway.

I got my present yesterday, it was a donation in my name to doctors without borders and a handwritten note saying that this would at least empower somebody qualified to make those decisions. It was his kid's idea.

Dude won secret Santa.

This is amazing!

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

Dude won secret Santa.

:drat:

I live with a roommate with a 7 year old. We went out to her parent's place for Christmas dinner. Her kid looked at potatoes and decided he didn't want to eat them, and came up with an almost clever excuse of "Mommy, these came out of the ground. I don't want to eat things that were on the ground."

The little poo poo, if I tried that I'd probably have gone without eating.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Tiggum posted:

What's "stockings"?

In some places/families the tradition is you put up stocking over the fireplace and Santa brings you little gifts like chocolate/small gifts and sweets kind of stuff. These days, since fireplaces aren't such a big thing, they go at the end of your bed, or somewhere. "Stockings" are the small presents, that come before the "main" presents. They go in the stocking (maybe I should clarify? Stockings are like socks, they go on your feet) and they're the first thing you encounter, gift wise, on Christmas Day.

In my family, the tradition was that anything in the Stockings were directly from Santa, all the gifts under the tree were from friends/relatives, because while the stocking stuff was cheap, the "real" presents were from a real person who had put thought and spent a decent amount of money on them, and therefore deserved credit and a thank you.

I don't know how other families do it, but with us, stockings generally had chocolates, maybe some colouring books and/or coloured pencils/crayons, underwear, really cheap toys, playing cards, tat sort of stuff. Also it's wort mentioning that our stockings were less "clothing to keep your feet warm" and more "big loving sack".

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Always had a clementine orange, a pencil or pen, and Chapstick.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Subjunctive posted:

Always had a clementine orange, a pencil or pen, and Chapstick.

Yeah, we always got toothbrushes, a scratch game, one of those small Russell Stover chocolate boxes, and a clementine for good luck!

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Our family has a traditional Christmas Eve lunch at a fancy restaurant. This year, they put out little LED candles instead of real ones, and naturally the younger cousins were playing with them. My mom and I were sitting by the oldest of the cousins, who had a reputation for being a bit of a comedian.

Mom: Every time I see you reach in there I think you're gonna get burned.
Cousin: I've lived a good seven years. ...I'm nine.

And on Christmas:

Cousin: Mom, do we have to write thank-you notes for Christmas presents?
Her mom: No, sweetie.
Cousin: Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

HellCopter posted:

"Let the children name the dog" is why I had a poodle for 10 years named Mini-me.

Late reply but my brother was well into his 20s when he decided to name our cat mini-me (cause she looked like another cat we had at the time)

(Obligatory picture of mini)

Edit: content!

I was face timing a friend at work and his 10 year old daughter came over to bring him some food and started talking about the food he had on his plate, specifically the mashed potatoes. I asked if she helped make them to which she replied "no. I don't like them so I didn't help :colbert:"

CeramicPig has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Dec 27, 2015