Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Little poo poo yells at mom for buying WWE 2K15 instead of 2K16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEO77lFlNI

Would be taking the Xbox to Goodwill the next day if my kid talked to me like that.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Imagined posted:

Little poo poo yells at mom for buying WWE 2K15 instead of 2K16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEO77lFlNI

Would be taking the Xbox to Goodwill the next day if my kid talked to me like that.

I'd be taking my kid to Goodwill.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kids are gonna act how their parents raised them or allow them to act. No sympathy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

It's clearly lemon. Says it right on bottle.

i choose not to believe

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MrYenko posted:

I'd be taking my kid to Goodwill.

Except that mom is a dumb bitch thinking last year's poo poo is worth anything to lil homey.

Remember this slight, young one. Years from now when you dump the old crone at some shithole nursing home a smile will creep across your face and, in an unguarded moment, you'll say to yourself "who's out of stock now, mother?!"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It is pretty stupid of the parents to just go "Well, we know he wants 2K16, but that's out of stock, so let's get 2K15! Just as good. He'll never notice." It's the hateful tone and facial expression of his reaction that would set me off, not the fact that he was disappointed. You can tell from mom's tone that she doesn't speak to the kids with respect, either, so no surprise kid picked that up too.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Dec 26, 2015

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
If my kid ever reacts that way after I've given him a gift I paid cash money for, I'll just shoot myself in the head because obviously I'm a huge loving failure.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

If my kid ever reacts that way after I've given him a gift I paid cash money for, I'll just shoot myself in the head because obviously I'm a huge loving failure.

:toxx:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Imagined posted:

It is pretty stupid of the parents to just go "Well, we know he wants 2K16, but that's out of stock, so let's get 2K15! Just as good. He'll never notice." It's the hateful tone and facial expression of his reaction that would set me off, not the fact that he was disappointed. You can tell from mom's tone that she doesn't speak to the kids with respect, either, so no surprise kid picked that up too.

I don't play WWE games but I have heard that 2k16 is FAR superior to the 2k15 version. I wouldn't throw a fit but I would be disappointing to get a bad version of a video game series.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Along the same lines, Gizmodo collected a series of fun tweets that I have no idea how to reproduce so here's a link instead: http://gizmodo.com/hoverboards-are-ruining-christmas-1749737827

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Levels to that picture.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

GrandpaPants posted:

Along the same lines, Gizmodo collected a series of fun tweets that I have no idea how to reproduce so here's a link instead: http://gizmodo.com/hoverboards-are-ruining-christmas-1749737827

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

One of my favorites. The perfect definition of rock bottom in gif form.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrSmokes posted:

One of my favorites. The perfect definition of rock bottom in gif form.

Do you think he's on the phone, or holding his head from a previous fall? Parking garage suggests previous fall

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Zero One posted:

I don't play WWE games but I have heard that 2k16 is FAR superior to the 2k15 version. I wouldn't throw a fit but I would be disappointing to get a bad version of a video game series.

Throwing a fit like this kid did is lovely but I'd probably give a gift card for the value of the game if it really was that hard to find in stock. Intentionally giving them the wrong thing is kind of saying, "Hey I knew exactly what you wanted for Christmas but gently caress you."

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Especially since it's a similar but (according to other posters here) inferior version of the same thing, which xokes off as assuming the kid is too stupid to know the difference.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

GrandpaPants posted:

Mashable's tweet roundup includes videos: http://mashable.com/2015/12/25/hoverboard-falls-christmas/#WMYoInGJlSqk

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I just like the dude in the comments that calls them "crash machines."

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Are these boards actually difficult to learn to ride, or is this just another symptom of most people being failures at everything?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Are these boards actually difficult to learn to ride, or is this just another symptom of most people being failures at everything?

I'll give you three guesses

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

It's a platform you balance on, which then moves out from under you like someone yanking on a rug. Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

My cousin got one, so naturally everyone in the family got a turn on it. Once you figure out how to balance right, you're solid.

Meanwhile my scumbag uncle bought his family a quadcopter for the family gift, and promptly put it into a tree at the very top. We had to cut the tree down to get it out, which then broke one of the rotors.

Today was a good day.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

LonsomeSon posted:

It's a platform you balance on, which then moves out from under you like someone yanking on a rug. Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

People who needed Back to the Future II to be as historically accurate as possible? :haw:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Think about the sort of person who wants one of them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuRIfwpYRg8

The look of betrayal at 3:14 is just amazing :allears:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LonsomeSon posted:

a guy in front of me was standing on one when I was in line at a store. He was doing pretty precise little movements and told me it took him 20 minutes to figure it out.

It looked fun and I am jealous of him to this day.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Wait what? People just ride around on these at the store? This is not a future I want to be part of.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Wait what? People just ride around on these at the store? This is not a future I want to be part of.

dude, they are loving everywhere

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Alaois posted:

dude, they are loving everywhere

You should move to a backwater country like Australia where you'd get the poo poo kicked out of you for using one.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Actually it would be really cool if everyone was zooming around on one while wearing google glass

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think they're basically the same technology as Segways, but smaller and without the handlebars: lean forward and it drives forward, put more pressure on one side to make it turn. They're kinda like bicycles in that riding them is entirely an exercise in not panicking; bicycles basically stay upright on their own as they go forward without the rider needing to do anything, it's just a matter of not freaking out when it starts tilting and rocking back and forth until you fall.

The big problem with them is probably that stepping on or off will gently caress up the balance, so if you're not careful it'll suddenly move and an accidental shift in body weight could cause a chain reaction until it slips right out from under you. Likewise, someone who panics when it starts moving will just make it fly around until they fall off or crash.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

chitoryu12 posted:

The big problem with them is probably that stepping on or off will gently caress up the balance, so if you're not careful it'll suddenly move and an accidental shift in body weight could cause a chain reaction until it slips right out from under you. Likewise, someone who panics when it starts moving will just make it fly around until they fall off or crash.

That's the big problem, it compounds any reflexive movement to avoid something, and you have no other method of stability. It's only a matter of time before someone drives themselves in front of a bus with some jerky motion to avoid something.

whalestory posted:

Actually it would be really cool if everyone was zooming around on one while wearing google glass

I don't think they make them that big.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

PRADA SLUT posted:

It's only a matter of time before someone drives themselves in front of a bus with some jerky motion to avoid something.

A 15 year old kid already did that in London although I think he fell off the pavement in front of the bus and got run over and died. I don't think you can buy them here in the UK now, at least the larger retailers have taken them off the shelves.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

monkeytennis posted:

A 15 year old kid already did that in London although I think he fell off the pavement in front of the bus and got run over and died. I don't think you can buy them here in the UK now, at least the larger retailers have taken them off the shelves.

They've been deemed illegal for use on public roads here in Denmark, and that's probably a good idea.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

monkeytennis posted:

Maplins had huge displays of them as of last week. There was a big recall because the cheap lovely lithium batteries were going bang, and the authorities have been falling over themselves (heh) to ban their use in parks etc (they're already illegal both on the road and on pavement), so basically people are just going to be restricted to using them indoors, which should at least lead to lots more content for this thread.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

-Anders posted:

They've been deemed illegal for use on public roads here in Denmark, and that's probably a good idea.

Only tangentially related but mopeds aren't allowed on streets here unless they can keep up with traffic. This does not stop people from riding their moped in the street and loving up traffic. This does not stop retards from taking their moped on the freeway in flip-flops with no helmet on. They always get outraged when the cops stop them and tell them to get the gently caress back home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
It takes serious effort to make something more deadly than a regular skateboard, but whoever came up with it sure pulled it off.