Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

goose fleet posted:

I'm glad Shrek and Fiona found peace in their human forms

I take offence to this. Human Shrek and Fiona are both portrayed as attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Toast Museum posted:

My friend got a pigment palette for Christmas and went looking for examples of how people use some of the colors. This was one of the top hits:

Pretty Clown

this blog is amazing
brb painting out my double chin and entire neck area in black eyeshadow and calling it contouring

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The best thing is if you google around, many people who are either trans themselves or trans friendly are all "gently caress this person, they are not a feel good story about over coming oppression, but a deeply self centered person who is using a trans identity to seek out attention". The creepy thing is she claims to be a 6 year old, but also happily describes the age play sex she has with her "mommy and daddy". Oh and refers to the couples 7 year old grand daughter as her "big sister".

I found some quotes from people who she worked for at a transgendered help center

quote:

She has demonstrated herself as deeply narcissistic and self-absorbed, putting her own struggles as a white trans woman ahead of the struggles of trans women of colour in Ontario, of putting her own attempts at suicide in front of murdered black and brown trans women at TDoR gatherings.

This would otherwise seem like a quibbling over her character. When she was employed, however, as a trans consultant for a queer-focussed community centre and assigned to work alongside a few trans women of colour, she had a tendency to hijack client/community presentations and redirect these back toward herself (implying that she was the most oppressed trans person there was). Eventually, this cost Stefonknee her job.”

I feel like she's a deeply ugly person that seens in her trans identity a way to bring attention to themselves. And probably is a straight up pedo. I'd not be surprised to see a news story about her being arrested for child molestation, but claiming that the police are vile transphobs and that because she's actually a 6 year old girl, its nothing wrong. Ignoring the fact that a 6 year old has no idea what sex is.

This could not be more on the nose
http://i.imgur.com/Z3tlJAo.jpg

Off camera is his Katana. Though I can't imagine he could be as dashing as this guy
http://i.imgur.com/HARgfcE.png
His epic beard would make the most hairy lumbersexual pale.

Speaking of that, on I Don't Even Own a television recently did Snowcrash and one of the hosts asked "do you think this is what first started the pasty white guy and Katana cliche?"

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Dec 26, 2015

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

subpar anachronism posted:

this blog is amazing
brb painting out my double chin and entire neck area in black eyeshadow and calling it contouring

ed: especially this guy
https://www.qcmakeupacademy.com/student-showcase/view/?id=704&page_num=1&page_size=16

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of that, on I Don't Even Own a television recently did Snowcrash and one of the hosts asked "do you think this is what first started the pasty white guy and Katana cliche?"

Nah. Snowcrash was published in '92 and Cyberpunk, with it's associated nerd boner for eastern culture, dates back to at least the early 80s. The "street samurai" was already a well-worn cliche by the time Stephenson got ahold of it.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

twistedmentat posted:

The best thing is if you google around, many people who are either trans themselves or trans friendly are all "gently caress this person, they are not a feel good story about over coming oppression, but a deeply self centered person who is using a trans identity to seek out attention". The creepy thing is she claims to be a 6 year old, but also happily describes the age play sex she has with her "mommy and daddy". Oh and refers to the couples 7 year old grand daughter as her "big sister".

Bolded is the most hosed up thing for me. You're a couple and have a trans playing a 6 year old for sexual fantasies? Fine. But dragging a child in there is......drat, she'll need a lot of therapy. And I wonder why the authorities weren't called yet.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Nah. Snowcrash was published in '92 and Cyberpunk, with it's associated nerd boner for eastern culture, dates back to at least the early 80s. The "street samurai" was already a well-worn cliche by the time Stephenson got ahold of it.
Reading Snow Crash when I was 12: omg this guy has a katana and a motorbike what a Badass
Reading Snow Crash when I was 20: hahahah this fuckin internet nerd pizza guy carries a sword around everywhere jesus christ

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

sinking belle posted:

Reading Snow Crash when I was 12: omg this guy has a katana and a motorbike what a Badass
Reading Snow Crash when I was 20: hahahah this fuckin internet nerd pizza guy carries a sword around everywhere jesus christ

Yea I didn't read snowcrash until I was at least 19, if not later, and I could literally not get past the first bit because it was just so up its own rear end how clever it was. It was a parodying things in the worst kind of way, and I can see nerds latching onto it.

this is basically how I think Hiro Protagonist would look
http://i.imgur.com/uQFBLWw.jpg

THE HAT IS ME MOM! IT'S ME!!!

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Picnic Princess posted:

Drugged big cats make me sad. :smith:

I searched (My city) Star Wars

I guarantee you that at least a few of these folks are pissed as gently caress that the new male lead is black.

Sir Joseph Banksy
May 9, 2009

boing...boing...boing...boing...

Red Suit posted:

Man this guys crazy

Yeah, but "it's just a joke" lol...

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
God, I'm glad I'm not the only one that couldn't finish Snowcrash. I tried to read it twice but never could get very far.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vinny Possum posted:

I guarantee you that at least a few of these folks are pissed as gently caress that the new male lead is black.

Should have been a twilek or gamorean.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
The Empire Strikes Back was the only good Star Wars movie

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Please don't dignify a degenerate like that by referring to him by his preferred pronoun. He's a loving old man who wants to be a child, draw a line somewhere.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

LingcodKilla posted:

Should have been a twilek or gamorean.

But only if a white person is playing them. Otherwise it's cultural marxism and white genocide.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

subpar anachronism posted:

this blog is amazing

That neckbeard is drawn on.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sir Teabag posted:

That neckbeard is drawn on.

No fungus. Would.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vinny Possum posted:

Dollars to donuts its the guy with the Kaiser Bill.

So, Halfbeards?
http://i.imgur.com/k86XsgF.jpg
The fact the guy was arrested twice with the same thing means he actually does this as a choice, and didn't get busted half way through a shave.

I don't know what this guy is trying to do, but he looks like someone that would have donated the the Sarkissian Effect Kickstarter
http://i.imgur.com/fU5rD7w.jpg

:barf:
http://i.imgur.com/96phfod.jpg
I highly doubt this dude washed his beard after doing this. Beards never look clean.

Even celebs, who pay people to make them over cannot escape the bad facial hair choices
http://i.imgur.com/ZmW12FB.jpg
Adam Lambert, did you watch Iron Man 3 and tell your stylist "that guy with the bad Tony Stark Tattoo? make me look like that".

Oh no, Simon La Bon, what did you do?
http://i.imgur.com/b3mKSQO.jpg
Unless he's playing a Victorian factory owner, that is a bad, bad push broom

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

twistedmentat posted:

Even celebs, who pay people to make them over cannot escape the bad facial hair choices

Adam Lambert, did you watch Iron Man 3 and tell your stylist "that guy with the bad Tony Stark Tattoo? make me look like that".

If he was going for "fabulous gay pirate," he loving nailed it

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I didn't read snowcrash until I was at least 19, if not later, and I could literally not get past the first bit because it was just so up its own rear end how clever it was. It was a parodying things in the worst kind of way, and I can see nerds latching onto it.

Hiro Protagonist is black/Asian mixed race, though.

:goonsay:

I can never decide if that book is insufferably pleased with how clever it is or if it's satirizing the entire nerd culture of being insufferably pleased with how clever one is.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dogfish posted:

I can never decide if that book is insufferably pleased with how clever it is or if it's satirizing the entire nerd culture of being insufferably pleased with how clever one is.

Have you read anything else by Stephenson? It's unquestionably the former.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 07:01 on Dec 26, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dogfish posted:

Hiro Protagonist is black/Asian mixed race, though.

:goonsay:

That guy totally claims to have some Asian in him. Back when I was more heavily into the anime scene here, there was a guy who would always claim that he was part Japanese, hence he was more Anime than everyone else. He was as pasty and white as you imagine.

Dammit, you'd think there would be some good GIS hits for weeaboos, but it really just gives me Chris-Chan and that kid on the subway with the coolie on. I'm trying to remember the white girl that would make videos of her self "acting Japanese" where were little more than her staring wide eyed into the camera trying to do that :3 smile thing that is so associated with Japanese girls, and sometimes saying things with a prototypical "cute" Japanese accent. You'd think she'd be easy to find.

And yea, its the first one. The book is so pleased with itself that its making fun of cyberpunk it cannot stop winking and nodding constantly. Even in the dozen or so pages it sounded like someone on TVT's orthogonal fiction that is just a mash of a bunch of popular nerd things slapped together that to excuse its blatant stolen ideas, claims its satire. I'm glad I couldn't get far enough to read about the 15 year old girl who basically has sex with every guy in the book in detail.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 07:07 on Dec 26, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

twistedmentat posted:

That guy totally claims to have some Asian in him. Back when I was more heavily into the anime scene here, there was a guy who would always claim that he was part Japanese, hence he was more Anime than everyone else. He was as pasty and white as you imagine.

Dammit, you'd think there would be some good GIS hits for weeaboos, but it really just gives me Chris-Chan and that kid on the subway with the coolie on. I'm trying to remember the white girl that would make videos of her self "acting Japanese" where were little more than her staring wide eyed into the camera trying to do that :3 smile thing that is so associated with Japanese girls, and sometimes saying things with a prototypical "cute" Japanese accent. You'd think she'd be easy to find.

Was it that one with the horrendously massive jaw/ugly teeth that went to Japan and embarrassed herself all to hell?

E: Magibon?

Scathach has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Dec 26, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Scathach posted:

Was it that one with the horrendously massive jaw/ugly teeth that went to Japan and embarrassed herself all to hell?

E: Magibon?

Yes! Her teeth looked like those fake hick teeth you get.

With that, I found her youtube channel. And she has a wikipedia entry. based on her videos, she got to go to Japan, meet her favorite idol and be a voice actor. The hell?

Angles yo.

I did find this
http://i.imgur.com/TgZLR8R.jpg
How to look half Japanese. Step 1 learn to use filters on photoshop.
She's like a Children of the Damned.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Are the terrible teeth part of her trying to look Japanese? Because from what I've seen, they don't care much about white, straight teeth.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Trap sprung and all, but as far as I know, the Japanese standard of beauty involves an uneven set of teeth, where the central incisors and canines stick out below the lateral incisors, to make the woman look more childlike (and therefore more beautiful? I don't know man, it's weird).

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

to make the woman look more childlike (and therefore more beautiful? I don't know man, it's weird).

Well, this explains anime.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

twistedmentat posted:

:barf:
http://i.imgur.com/96phfod.jpg
I highly doubt this dude washed his beard after doing this. Beards never look clean.

I loving hate this guy so much and I can't explain why. He just comes off as this insufferable "LOOK AT HOW ~QUIRKY~ I AM" type of person.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

cash crab posted:

I loving hate this guy so much and I can't explain why. He just comes off as this insufferable "LOOK AT HOW ~QUIRKY~ I AM" type of person.

Haha strangely enough, I have the same reaction to that gif. Probably a nice dude but god drat do I hate that gif.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

twistedmentat posted:

This worst part of this one is that he could be an actually attractive person if he just cut his loving hair and ditched the hat. I mean, Christ, I'd kill to have a body like that but this guy is hellbent on driving away anyone who might be attracted to him with all this nerdy poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Merry Christmas!

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Paladinus posted:

Merry Christmas!

This is a terrible suit but that guy is pulling it off. I feel like if you had money to throw away and looked like that you could wear that to an office Christmas party or something like that.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Merry Christmas!

You missed the "Handsome Man Rocking an Ugly Suit Thread"

That man is gorgeous :allears:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Eddie Nygma, rocking a blue variant.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

I Am Crake posted:

This is a terrible suit but that guy is pulling it off. I feel like if you had money to throw away and looked like that you could wear that to an office Christmas party or something like that.

They're not even that expensive, only about £50 over here. I bought one of the blue tulip patterned ones as a stage outfit for a gig last years; they feel cheap but they're not terrible quality and it looks fine under stage lights.

Absolutely not something I'd wear for a casual night out but they're alright as a christmas gimmick.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bradzilla posted:

You missed the "Handsome Man Rocking an Ugly Suit Thread"

That man is gorgeous :allears:

Do we have a PYF Paul F Thompkin's Suit thread?

Mad Hamish posted:

This worst part of this one is that he could be an actually attractive person if he just cut his loving hair and ditched the hat. I mean, Christ, I'd kill to have a body like that but this guy is hellbent on driving away anyone who might be attracted to him with all this nerdy poo poo.

Yea, I was thinking exactly that. The guy is toned, looks like he actually takes care of his hair, but insists on wearing that stupid hat and posing with a Katana. he's probably 20 so the video game posters are excusable. Actually I think if a woman went "ew you play video games?" seeing those, and he had not brought it up or anything, she'd be the one with the issues. Video games are everywhere and everyone plays them.

cash crab posted:

He's like that Hipster pouring the milk on the squash court. LOOK AT ME, LOOK!!!!

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

I Am Crake posted:

It's not that he's pulling it off, it's that he's a very attractive man, so he gets away with anything. A man with the same body but an uglier face would look like poo poo in it.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Have you read anything else by Stephenson? It's unquestionably the former.

I'd say it's the latter. Have you read The Big U?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Non Serviam posted:

It's not that he's pulling it off, it's that he's a very attractive man, so he gets away with anything. A man with the same body but an uglier face would look like poo poo in it.

Yeah that's what pulling it off means.

• Locked thread