Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Liberatore posted:

That's not true. It looks like it turns off on your screen when you ADS, but I assure you, it doesn't.

Wait, uh, I've been dead sure it turns off when you ADS. Is this totally confirmed it stays on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Anderron Shi posted:

Every time I use Blitz I have so much fun. He's going to get nerfed I'd bet.
I doubt that Blitz will be explicitly nerfed. If anything, there will be a minor adjustments to shields as such.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Keshik posted:

Wait, uh, I've been dead sure it turns off when you ADS. Is this totally confirmed it stays on?

Try it yourself?

All I did was ADS and ask a goon if they could see my laser sight. The answer was yes. I also had one guy accuse me of hacking when I saw his laser sight through a small hole; he mentioned he was aiming down sights and I had to explain to him that's not actually a thing.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Looks like Seige is $45 on Steam today as well.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Merry Christmas thread! Hopefully the plane I'm about to take doesn't get breached midflight.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

kalstrams posted:

I doubt that Blitz will be explicitly nerfed. If anything, there will be a minor adjustments to shields as such.

The trick to countering Blitz is use Smoke. Head shots all day long, and if you miss just set off your gas so he runs away.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Merry Christmas thread! Hopefully the plane I'm about to take doesn't get breached midflight.

It's me I'm the Montagne on the wing!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Dead Like Rev posted:

It's me I'm the Montagne on the wing!

Funny enough the last match i played had a Glaz in the wing :v:

Blackmjolnir
Mar 30, 2010

Bitchesss

Holy poo poo so many people playing as recruits and they're all terrible help me

Orv
May 4, 2011

Blackmjolnir posted:

Holy poo poo so many people playing as recruits and they're all terrible help me

#RecentlyLaunchedGameChristmasProblems

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Blackmjolnir posted:

i know this is the first time ive played all week and its awesome/terrible at the same time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The only reason to be a recruit is Spetsnaz shotgun or forming a complete phalanx with the FBI. Which are both good reasons TBH.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

The only reason to be a recruit is Spetsnaz shotgun or forming a complete phalanx with the FBI. Which are both good reasons TBH.

this is not the reason right now haha

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Yeah I've been playing ranked almost exclusively because of the noob creep. It's somewhat better that way. Until I get randomly D/C'ed and can't play ranked for a bit that is.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I put a thermite on a trap door. Lvl 1 Recruit stands on top of it, tells me to pick it up because it's "for metal." He then shoots it to disable it. Enemy hears him shoot it, shoots trap door and kills him. loving the next few days are going to be murder.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Blackmjolnir posted:

Sometimes they are on the other team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3APcDDds-Y

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Early on someone said Mute's jammer doesn't stop Ash's special but it does. It happened twice to me when attacking (enemy team didn't have Jaeger btw) and once to the enemy while I was looking at the window from an inch away.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Shoot higher? I've never had a jammer stop my Ash rocket, its what I use on all the heavily tech'd up doors

Orv
May 4, 2011
So Kapkan is absolutely viable it turns out, but he's still 50/50, map knowledge/luck, so who knows.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
I was wondering about that. It feels like even more so than some of the other defensive devices Kapkan's thing requires a lot of praying they go through the exact place you wanted them to.

You guys got me on Montagne though, I think I love him. I've got the problem where I'm not that good yet so being able to just walk forward and absorb shots is big for my utility.

What I'm mainly wondering now is what exactly they're doing with the multiplayer. Like terrorist hunt and situations you're fighting terrorists whether you're on offense or defense, but are all the multiplayer missions supposed to be some kind of training? Did half the team defect? Or are they doing like America's Army where each team sees itself as the CTs and the other team as terrorists?

Aside from Montagne who else would people suggest for somebody who's new and wants to have some utility for his team while he's learning the map and shaking off his FPS rust? Been looking at Rook so I can hand out armor at least.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Orv posted:

So Kapkan is absolutely viable it turns out, but he's still 50/50, map knowledge/luck, so who knows.

You can higher your chance by hitting the door twice already, so they just have to press [SPACE] to open the door with a jump. Often people don't check, when they have the chance to enter faster.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

kapkan's traps are going to generally cause them to slow down even if they find them. As long as you put one along each predicted route (of which there are usually ~3 anyway) he is working.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mister Bup posted:

Aside from Montagne who else would people suggest for somebody who's new and wants to have some utility for his team while he's learning the map and shaking off his FPS rust? Been looking at Rook so I can hand out armor at least.

Rook, Thermite, Jaeger, Sledge.

All good shooting options, all easy, no muss no fuss no complicated tactics abilities. Just stick with your team and do what they ask for/tell you as Sledge and Thermite. Jaeger, place your traps to the sides of entrances to the defense room, but at angles where they can't be shot without the enemies exposing themselves. Rook, place armor, reinforce things, sit tight or gently caress off and roam.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Kapkan's amazing, put the traps down in an expected route that can be watched by cams. Go hide in some room outside the main defending point and expected entry ways. Then watch your booby trapped area on cams, don't mark anyone when they enter and once they're focused on the door/window and creeping around trying to find an alternate route come out from your spider hole and wipe the room. Rinse/Repeat every round.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Speaking of being a terrible noob, what is the general consensus for best operators to unlock as a beginner?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

LibbyM posted:

Speaking of being a terrible noob, what is the general consensus for best operators to unlock as a beginner?

ash thermite thatcher castle rook mute

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

They're all good in their own regard, pick the ones that seem coolest to you or fit your playstyle. I know it seems like a poo poo answer but you'll be unlocking dudes left and right so it's not really a big deal what order you take them, it's all personal taste.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

LibbyM posted:

Attackers:
  • Twitch - Her special is the shock-drone, it's like the regular RC drones minus the ability to jump but it has a short-range taser which does a small amount of damage(I think 20?) to players and is capable of destroying enemy equipment.
    The shock drone is a great opportunity to learn the maps while staying relatively safe and not relegating yourself to a role that is entirely reconnaissance(though a communicative drone user can make things incredibly easy for the attackers).
    For weapons she has quite a lot of options, a shotgun, a full auto rifle, and a semi-auto rifle, the latter of which can give you some idea about whether or not you'd want to unlock someone like Glaz(a sniper) who uses a similar weapon.

• Fuze - His special is a cluster-bomb attack, it is placed on one side of a wall/door and shits a few grenades out the other side. It's a pretty situational ability, since using it on a room that your team-mates have just stormed is a good way to get a few friendly-fire kills, and using it on a room with a hostage in is a good way to bring the round to a quick loss. Despite the caution with which you need to use him, he's still a good choice to unlock early because of how devastating a well used cluster-bomb is.
    For weapons, Fuze has the option of an LMG, a full-auto rifle, and a bullet-proof shield(which is used alongside your side-arm), playing with the shield should give you an idea about whether or not you would like to play Blitz or Montagne who do not have weapon choices that forgo a shield.

• Thermite - His ability is to breach even reinforced walls, because of this he is probably the only character who would reasonably have a place in every attacking line-up. For that alone he is worth unlocking. He also stands out for being one of two Operators who can carry Frag Grenades, the other being Sledge. In terms of weapons you're looking at either full-auto rifle or shotgun.

Defenders:
  • Mute - Has the ability to put down Signal Disruptors, which prevent the use of breaching and thermite charges within their range, as well as disabling any RC drones that stumble into their range. Disruptors are a great way to leave the enemy team somewhat aimless at the start, they're good for redirecting enemy attention, to either themselves in the case of enemies coming to doors with jammers nearby(in which case they give away the enemy position when shooting at them), or away from less defensible entry-points.

• Rook - Deploys a bag of armour for people to improve their survivability with, supposedly it makes them more likely to end up merely downed rather than killed.

• Doc - Can revive downed players from a distance, and can revive himself when downed. Because of the former he serves well as a defender who hangs behind the frontline and because of the latter he's great as a solo roaming defender.

• Kapkan - Can set up laser-mines on doorways which is great when you're a beginner and playing other, less attentive/knowledgeable, beginners and has the option of a remote detonated explosive, which is effective against shield-users, though generally Smoke is probably a better shield counter since he can have the explosive as well as having remote detonated poison bombs.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Thanks for the advice.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

lohli posted:

Attackers:
  • Twitch - Her special is the shock-drone, it's like the regular RC drones minus the ability to jump but it has a short-range taser which does a small amount of damage(I think 20?) to players and is capable of destroying enemy equipment.
    The shock drone is a great opportunity to learn the maps while staying relatively safe and not relegating yourself to a role that is entirely reconnaissance(though a communicative drone user can make things incredibly easy for the attackers).
    For weapons she has quite a lot of options, a shotgun, a full auto rifle, and a semi-auto rifle, the latter of which can give you some idea about whether or not you'd want to unlock someone like Glaz(a sniper) who uses a similar weapon.

• Fuze - His special is a cluster-bomb attack, it is placed on one side of a wall/door and shits a few grenades out the other side. It's a pretty situational ability, since using it on a room that your team-mates have just stormed is a good way to get a few friendly-fire kills, and using it on a room with a hostage in is a good way to bring the round to a quick loss. Despite the caution with which you need to use him, he's still a good choice to unlock early because of how devastating a well used cluster-bomb is.
    For weapons, Fuze has the option of an LMG, a full-auto rifle, and a bullet-proof shield(which is used alongside your side-arm), playing with the shield should give you an idea about whether or not you would like to play Blitz or Montagne who do not have weapon choices that forgo a shield.

• Thermite - His ability is to breach even reinforced walls, because of this he is probably the only character who would reasonably have a place in every attacking line-up. For that alone he is worth unlocking. He also stands out for being one of two Operators who can carry Frag Grenades, the other being Sledge. In terms of weapons you're looking at either full-auto rifle or shotgun.

Defenders:
  • Mute - Has the ability to put down Signal Disruptors, which prevent the use of breaching and thermite charges within their range, as well as disabling any RC drones that stumble into their range. Disruptors are a great way to leave the enemy team somewhat aimless at the start, they're good for redirecting enemy attention, to either themselves in the case of enemies coming to doors with jammers nearby(in which case they give away the enemy position when shooting at them), or away from less defensible entry-points.

• Rook - Deploys a bag of armour for people to improve their survivability with, supposedly it makes them more likely to end up merely downed rather than killed.

• Doc - Can revive downed players from a distance, and can revive himself when downed. Because of the former he serves well as a defender who hangs behind the frontline and because of the latter he's great as a solo roaming defender.

• Kapkan - Can set up laser-mines on doorways which is great when you're a beginner and playing other, less attentive/knowledgeable, beginners and has the option of a remote detonated explosive, which is effective against shield-users, though generally Smoke is probably a better shield counter since he can have the explosive as well as having remote detonated poison bombs.

I agree with most of the list, except for Doc. In my experience you will almost never use his ability because being down but not dead is not all that common of an occurrence. As you said, Smoke is really good in the current "shield meta" that dominates pubby (especially casual) games and learning how to use the Nitrocell/smoke bombs is really, really important to counter those.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Doc is more useful when you have a Rook.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I agree that being downed rather than dead is rare, but Doc also has the best means of getting someone back up if they do get downed while having the added benefit of bringing them back with 50% more health than the standard slow and risky revives that the rest of the operators are limited to.

But he still feels like a more worthwhile pick than most other defenders because of how feeble their gadgets are, Tachanka's turret has a usability issue, where you often have no good place to put it, Bandit and Kapkan's are made quite useless by simple observation(though bandit works just as well as mute for redirecting the point of attack/insertion), Pulse's heartbeat monitor has a range so short that you're better off just listening for movement.

At the moment I think the ideal defender lineup is probably Smoke, Mute, Rook, Doc, and either Castle, Bandit, or maybe Kapkan if you need another Nitro Cell because of shields.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Doc with a suppressed pistol so you can revive teammates that are low (but not so low that you'd kill them outright) is pretty useful. Most don't do that, though.

Tachanka is good in ranked because you know whether he'll be useful or not before you pick him, not after. I'd play him almost every round on defense if I didn't have to switch ADS to hold every single time. Even if you don't touch his MG, he still has heavy armor, that amazing SMG (or shotgun) and a deployable shield.

Pulse's heartbeat sensor has a range of exactly 10m, which can be quite useful if again, you know where you're going to defend before you pick him or alternatively, you like roaming. Only problem is he constantly announces he's using the sensor and if you're close enough to see enemies with it, they're close enough to hear it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Here's a quickstart guide for new players, since some people probably got this for Christmas.

General Info:

R6: Siege is built around Attack/Defense gameplay. There are two teams of five players each. One team plays as Attackers invading a fortified stronghold to complete some objective, the other as Defenders protecting that stronghold from the invaders. If one team eliminates the other team, or the Attackers succeed in their objective, the round is over. Casual matchtype is best of five rounds, Ranked is best of six rounds with a three-round overtime if tied after six. The three possible objectives for the Attackers (as of this writing) are Seize Area, Hostage Rescue, and Bomb Defusal.

Before each round, there is a short "setup" phase. Defenders use this time to set up their defenses and traps, while the Attacker gets to pilot a remote-controlled drone to spy on the Defenders and locate the objective. The drones can be shot and destroyed by Defenders, and they're quite obvious, making for an entertaining game of cat-and-mouse.

Prior to the setup phase, players each get to choose an Operator--a special named character. Each Operator has a unique ability and semi-unique weapon/secondary gadget choices. Only one of each Operator can be present on a single team. Operators are purchased with Renown, an in-game currency earned from playing the different game modes. You start with exactly zero Renown if you haven't purchased the season pass, but luckily there's a way to get a lot of Renown quickly. First, watch the three Tutorial videos and you'll receive 600 Renown, enough for your first operator. Then jump into the single-player Situation mode, which are pretty much tutorial missions to ease you into the game. Play through them all in turn, and complete the bonus objectives for each mission. There are 10* missions, each with three bonus objectives, and each objective is worth 200 Renown == roughly 6,000 Renown in total, enough for 7-8 Operators and some customized guns for them. The Situation mode also lets you play around with some of the different Operators, like Ash, Sledge, Thatcher and Thermite among others, so you can get a feel for who might interest you.

*Actually 11 missions, but the last one doesn't have any bonus objectives.

Operators:

Here is a general suggestion for your first six guys: Thermite --> Rook --> Fuze --> Jager --> Sledge --> Castle

It's cheaper and faster to unlock a single operative in each of the five units when starting out, since costs increase with each operator you pick within a squad. Click the names to see their teaser videos, which for some reason only unlock in-game after you purchase them.

Thermite has the unique ability to breach through reinforced walls, two frag grenades, and can choose either an excellent assault rifle or an excellent auto-shotty. He's a great pick if you're learning the game since his ability is always useful. Always take the frag grenades rather than the breaching charges, and know that you can cook grenades by holding the button down. The crosshairs will flash and count down to the grenade going off, the faster the flashes = the closer you are to kaboom. His single downside is that he's so great, he's often the first operator chosen, so you might have to play as other guys if your fingers aren't quick enough.

Rook has a good, simple ability--he has a bag full of armor plates that decrease damage taken by anyone who picks one up. Just drop his trauma plates at the start of the round, pick one up yourself, and your pre-round setup is almost complete. His P90 is spray-and-pray, excellent at close range, while the MP5 is a good general all-rounder. Again, his only real flaw is that he's popular and generally goes fast. Your teammates will always be happy to have you.

Fuze has a remote-activated cluster grenade charge that can be attached to interior walls, doors and windows. When triggered, the charge will start shooting small-but-deadly grenades through the surface it was attached to. Very deadly, considering how often defenders like to hide in small, tiny rooms. He can carry a ballistic shield, but his assault rifle or machine gun are probably better choices. Another extremely popular choice--just don't use his cluster grenades on the room the hostage is in, or there will be recriminations.

Jager's ability is a direct counter to Fuze, and any other operator with grenades. His Active Defense can be placed on walls and will shoot down any grenades within its considerable range and line of sight, but they can be shot by defenders if you place them poorly. He has a carbine which is quite accurate and deadly, and is the recommended choice. His downside is his low armor, which means he's better off as an attacking defender rather than a camper.

Sledge is straightforward. His hammer will smash through just about anything except exterior and reinforced walls. Use it liberally, as more holes to shoot through is generally helpful. Just keep in mind that any hole you open can (and will) be used by Defenders too. A good use is to rip open the floor above an objective for your teammates to shoot/throw grenades through. His assault rifle is quite excellent, and he also gets frag grenades. Love grenades. Use grenades. Hate Jager. Remove Jager.

Castle has three special barricades made of metal that he can put over windows or doors in place of the standard, crappy wooden barricade. He partners well with Mute--Castle's metal barricades are difficult to pierce through, and Mute can ensure enemies don't simply use breaching charges on them. The metal barricades can't be shot through, except by Glaz. I personally prefer putting them on windows over doors, but it's hard to go wrong with them. His auto-shotty is a hilariously effective room-clearer, just hip-fire and watch everyone die. I dislike his submachine gun, but I've seen others have plenty of success with it.

That said, all Operators are viable, so feel free to grab anyone who interests you. Even Operators with objectively weaker abilities (like IQ) typically have some redeeming quality (like IQ's great gun selection). I don't suggest playing shields immediately since they're a different playstyle than "normal" and don't necessarily lend themselves to learning the game, but they're very powerful if you know what you're doing.

Weapons:

You'll want to customize each Operator's weapons for maximum effectiveness. The grip attachment should be placed on every weapon that accepts it since it significantly decreases recoil, and since default iron sights are dogshit you'll probably want a sight for every non-shotgun weapon. The holographic (triangle) sight works great and is slightly cheaper than the red-dot sight, give it a shot. For the barrel, either a silencer or a compensator should be taken. The laser sight is effective for some weapons, like shotguns, and should be taken on pistols you plan to use with a shield (so, Blitz, Montaigne and Fuze), but is quite visible to enemies. Whether the trade-off is worth it depends heavily on you.

The ACOG sight gives increased magnification and thus greater accuracy at range, but takes slightly longer to aim with. Its usefulness also depends on your Operator and play style. If you're kicking down doors and charging into rooms a lot, it's not the best. If you find yourself hanging outside and shooting through doors and windows, it can be very effective.

Hideous clashing pink skins should be applied to every weapon for maximum impact in the high-threat modern battlefield, hoo-ah.

Teamwork:

A myth, unless you're playing with goons. It's easy to do: get on the Mumble! There is almost always a few people on, and even partnering with a single goon can make a huge difference to your win rate. Don't worry about not being any good, either. If you have a mic and are willing to use it, you're an asset compared to the average pubby. Get on the Mumble.

Maps:

The complexity of the map designs are both a strength and a weakness--they provide almost infinite replay value, but they're a bitch to learn. Spend some time playing Terrorist Hunt in Lone Wolf mode to learn your way around, and check out the interactive maps on the R6 website. If you have a second monitor or a tablet, I could see the interactive maps being very valuable since they show all destructible walls and floors.

There's a compass on the bottom of your screen that show the name of the room you're currently in. It's helpful to use it. so you can say things like "He just went into the Cigar Lounge" rather than "He just went into that room. You know, the big one with the piano".

On that note, if you ever find yourself uttering the words "over there", use the Z key to place a nice yellow marker at the spot you're aiming at. Your teammates can all see it, even through walls. "He's over there, shoot my marker" vs. a generic "He's over there". "Put a jammer on my marker" rather than "Put a jammer over there." Incredibly useful.

Tips and Tricks

--There are always 5-6 security cameras scattered around the map. Defenders can use these to identify which Operators the Attackers are using, which direction they're coming from, and so on. As Defenders, use the cameras. As Attackers, blow those things to poo poo. They aren't randomized at all, so memorize the placements and train yourself to Kill All Cameras. The 5 key lets you look through the cameras as a defender. Dead Defenders can (and should) monitor the cameras to spot Attackers.

--Similarly, the Attackers can position their drones to serve as spy cameras. Try to place them in corners, on shelves, under beds or counters--anywhere they will be inconspicuous and have good lines of sight. Attackers get two drones per map--there's one during the Setup phase, and another they can throw with the 6 key. Use your drones! Only one can be active at a time though.

--Holding X while viewing an enemy through a drone or camera will Spot them. A big red arrow will mark their current location for you and your teammates, even through walls. The arrow won't follow them as they move though, and they get a nice big warning that says "YOU HAVE BEEN SPOTTED". Which alerts them that oh hey, there's a camera/drone in the room and I should move! Use it wisely.

--Using the hostage as a human shield is a viable and hilarious tactic.

--Don't forget about leaning. Use the Q and E keys to change your view angle just a bit to see around corners and reduce your visibility.

--Walking is very useful in places. It drastically reduces the sound you make, and as you'll see once you start playing, footsteps echo dramatically in this game. Toggle it with ALT. Operators with heavier Armor make more noise when they move, even while walking--Operators with light Armor are almost inaudible, which is incredible useful. Shield users clonk around so much there's no point in bothering.

--Beware of murder holes. Defenders will often punch tiny holes through walls in the Setup phase to ambush unsuspecting Attackers. The only real counter to this tactic is to slow down a bit and make sure you reconnoiter carefully with your drones before moving in. On the flip side, don't feel limited to doors and windows. Make as many holes into the objective room as you can, through roofs and floors, and punish camping Defenders.

--If you get reduced to zero health, you may end up in a bleedout state instead of instantly dying. Crawl away from enemies and towards friendlies. Once you've reached a place of safety, hold the F key to slow the bleedout timer and start screaming into the mic for your dumbass teammates to save you. If Doc is on your team, he should be your designated reviver--his Stim Pistol revives players with 75 health instead of the usual 50.

===

That's all I can think of at the moment. If anyone has any suggestions I'll edit them in.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 26, 2015

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

lohli posted:

Attackers:

Defenders:

putting this in the OP.

Edit: and that /\

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

I am actually doing somewhat worse right now with all the new players. I think I got used to how people "should" play the game. So If I am looping around I am not expecting to run into this level 2 recruit that is completely lost and catches me off guard.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I would put Blitz into the recommended first operators, great killing and breaching ability with good survivability . It will also get you in the habit of using your special ability.

I'd even recommend Thatcher too, decent gun and your EMP will teach you how to be useful to your team.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

The Duggler posted:

I would put Blitz into the recommended first operators, great killing and breaching ability with good survivability . It will also get you in the habit of using your special ability.

I'd even recommend Thatcher too, decent gun and your EMP will teach you how to be useful to your team.

I personally love Blitz, he's my favorite. But he's not great for learning the game. His style of play is very different from "normal" and requires a good understanding of game mechanics, maps and teamwork. I hated playing Blitz until I had 10+ hours into the game.

Thatcher is another strong all-arounder. The effectiveness of his EMP grenades varies though, they can either be extremely valuable or totally unnecessary. Good gun choices too.

I'll probably make another big effortpost later describing each guy in detail and breaking down their strengths and weaknesses.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Doc and Twitch are terrible, bottom of the poo poo tier list (with IQ and Tatchanka).

Thatcher makes Twitch obsolete.
Doc skill doesn't come into play often enough (downed teammate nearby) to warrant taking him over many other operators.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace

Krogort posted:

Doc and Twitch are terrible, bottom of the poo poo tier list.

Thatcher makes Twitch obsolete.
Maybe you are getting Twitch confused with IQ

• Locked thread