Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Gobias Ind. posted:

So as a guy that started Latavius and is probably without both OBJ and Alshon this week, are we expecting Murray to eventually get credited with those 24 receiving yards? I could really use those points.

I am, I have no idea why they adjusted it in the first place. SD declined the penalties because time expired, so I have no idea why the stats on the play wouldn't count.

If you have or are playing against Cooper or Murray and the result is within 3 pts, don't get too comfortable with your victory/defeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
It will be cleared up and made official in the Thursday morning stat corrections.

Clearly you guys don't do IDP or you'd be more familiar with this routine :smug:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I noticed a thread on Reddit about a stat correction adding 13 rushing yards to Denard Robinson last week. AFAIK, stat corrections have to be in by Thursday to affect results in Yahoo, so I don't think it'll affect anyone on Yahoo, right? Is that the case for other sites? Anybody get into or kicked out of the championship game because of that?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

RVProfootballer posted:

I noticed a thread on Reddit about a stat correction adding 13 rushing yards to Denard Robinson last week. AFAIK, stat corrections have to be in by Thursday to affect results in Yahoo, so I don't think it'll affect anyone on Yahoo, right? Is that the case for other sites? Anybody get into or kicked out of the championship game because of that?

Yahoo's rules are that any corrections after Thursday morning aren't official for fantasy leagues.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

BigFactory posted:

Get Lockett into the lineup, especially if Baldwin is out or lame.

Who would you suggest swapping out? Cooks, Ginn, White or Tate?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ouhei posted:

Who would you suggest swapping out? Cooks, Ginn, White or Tate?

Cooks if Brees doesn't play. Maybe Ginn otherwise.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm facing Lockett this week. I'm thinking he's one of the top 5 most dangerous WRs this week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yes that Latavius adjustment is approaching scandalous levels of attention. Just a quick summary:

- Murray catches a 24 yard pass on the last play of the half
- Two penalties on the play against the Raiders. The referee announced BOTH were declined, because it would end the half either way so SD didn't really give a poo poo, so the play stood
- NFL.com website has one of the penalties as being accepted, which takes away the play.
- The whole thing is obfuscated by the fact that it was a lateral play, where Murray lateraled it to another player after his catch and run, and that it was the last play of the half AND a fourth down play (causing speculation about whether the old "half can end on an offensive penalty, but not a defensive one applies since the offense/defenses switched after the fourth down play). Neither of these actually affects anything. Also the fact that it's the holidays means there arent a lot of NFL employees who care to give enough of a poo poo to examine things.

What we know:
- Both penalties could legally have been declined, as per the NFL rulebook.
- FF on Yahoo and ESPN have the play as not counting, Rotoworld has it counting

I thought you were kidding, but I see a bunch of people mentioning it on Twitter. Here too: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/3y5mig/latavis_murray_stat_correction/

If I lose by more than 2.4 points, my Murray Christmas will be ruined. ;)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 26, 2015

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
With OBJ out my WR situation is looking pretty sad. I currently have Larry Fitz and R. Randle slated to start with these options on the wire (standard scoring):

W. Snead vs. Jac
J. Matthews vs. Was
M. Wheaton vs. Bal
N. Washington vs. Ten
S. Diggs vs. NYG
J. Kearse vs. STL

And it just gets worse from there. Basically I have my choice between a bunch of number 3 receivers, minus diggs I guess.

E: also, merry Christmas ya ding dongs

dat one portagee fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 26, 2015

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So it's down to this:

My team on the left and my buddies on the right.

Tell me I'm not crazy for starting both Buffalo Rbs in place of either Buck Allen or Gio?
Should i pick up locket of the waiver wire or take the risk on Ginn if Baldwin doesn't play
Ginn has burned me too many teams in fantasy football I instantly start gaging when I mouse over for his stats. Plus he has a habit of turning out low target games using the mighty powers of Ted Ginn Jr. loving fantasy football owners

This team also had Forsett and Jimmy Graham on it and I was so excited going into this season :saddowns:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

dat one portagee posted:

With OBJ out my WR situation is looking pretty sad. I currently have Larry Fitz and R. Randle slated to start with these options on the wire (standard scoring):

W. Snead vs. Jac
J. Matthews vs. Was
M. Wheaton vs. Bal
N. Washington vs. Ten
S. Diggs vs. NYG
J. Kearse vs. STL

And it just gets worse from there. Basically I have my choice between a bunch of number 3 receivers, minus diggs I guess.

E: also, merry Christmas ya ding dongs

Diggs is interesting because week 16 only has playoff implications for Min if GB beats Arizona. Then it's a must win game and they won't rest AP. If GB loses, which is at least very possible, the week 17 head to head with GB becomes a must win, and Min might give AP a light workload or keep him off the field. Then Diggs could have a pretty decent game. It's almost impossible to set lineups with this in mind, though.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Am I wrong in thinking CAP has a higher floor than Lamar Miller this week? I'll admit at this point I feel like I know nothing.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

BigFactory posted:

Diggs is interesting because week 16 only has playoff implications for Min if GB beats Arizona. Then it's a must win game and they won't rest AP. If GB loses, which is at least very possible, the week 17 head to head with GB becomes a must win, and Min might give AP a light workload or keep him off the field. Then Diggs could have a pretty decent game. It's almost impossible to set lineups with this in mind, though.

Yeah I have AP (and McKinnon) as well, this is a scenario that I've been thinking about.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Made the finals in 3/4 leagues. I dropped Lacey in 2 of my championship leagues to pick up and start CAP, no regrets. gently caress Lacey forever, what a waste of a 1st round pick, good thing I got cam in like the 8th round hahaha

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

maniacripper posted:

So it's down to this:

My team on the left and my buddies on the right.

Tell me I'm not crazy for starting both Buffalo Rbs in place of either Buck Allen or Gio?
Should i pick up locket of the waiver wire or take the risk on Ginn if Baldwin doesn't play
Ginn has burned me too many teams in fantasy football I instantly start gaging when I mouse over for his stats. Plus he has a habit of turning out low target games using the mighty powers of Ted Ginn Jr. loving fantasy football owners

This team also had Forsett and Jimmy Graham on it and I was so excited going into this season :saddowns:

You really think starting two players at the same position on the same team is a good idea? And yes, dump cousins and pick up lockette. You don't need a spare qb for the championship...

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MrSargent posted:

Am I wrong in thinking CAP has a higher floor than Lamar Miller this week? I'll admit at this point I feel like I know nothing.

MrSargent posted:

The answers are in here, I know it.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

MrSargent posted:

The answers are in here, I know it.

I mean if you think Artis-Payne is the lead back as long as JStew is out (which I do), then it's a pretty compelling argument that he is safer than Miller.

That being said I usually break ties on talent. Artis-Payne is a JAG, Miller might be one of the most talented RBs in the league. He can do a lot with a little.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Worth starting DJax or Hurns over AJ Green or a questionable Doug Baldwin this week? Should I consider benching Gurley against Seattle?

E: Gurley is my current flex in this scenario.

Alfred P. Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 26, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you ever bench Gurley you deserve to lose you dirty, dirty cowboys fan

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Crunkjuice posted:

You really think starting two players at the same position on the same team is a good idea? And yes, dump cousins and pick up lockette. You don't need a spare qb for the championship...

I mean due to lack of good options it might be. Gio and Allen are more than capable of putting up a goose egg or less than 3 points. Delmarco doesn't get playing time since he fondled chip kellys wife of whatever happened in philly. Plus I think the bills are going to kill Dallas so they'll be playing from ahead and running more. I'm a crazy person reading chicken bones aren't I?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do not play both Buffalo RB's.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My partner is insisting on Bradford over Cousins and JMatt in the flex. Ugh. My RB2 situation is between Denard and Karlos right now but really it'd be sweet to play them both. It is ppr, so would it be reasonable to sit Snead for one of them if Brees doesn't play?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
.5 ppr: pick 2:

Marshall vs NE
Maclin vs CLE
Jackson @ PHI

I was leaning to the former 2 all week but now I'm considering benching Marshall vs NE given it's the toughest matchup.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The only thing about playing Gurley is that, yes, you don't play RBs against Seattle right now....but it's a divisional game. I don't see it being the blowout everybody is predicting.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Worth starting DJax or Hurns over AJ Green or a questionable Doug Baldwin this week? Should I consider benching Gurley against Seattle?

E: Gurley is my current flex in this scenario.

DJax over Green is easy, and I'd seriously consider Hurns over Gurley, especially if PPR and especially if Hurns sounds like his health is even marginally better today or tomorrow morning.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Franks Happy Place posted:

It will be cleared up and made official in the Thursday morning stat corrections.

Clearly you guys don't do IDP or you'd be more familiar with this routine :smug:

I know this; my question was whether people who saw the play expected a correction to be made.

I might be down to starting Snead and loving CMike now that OBJ and likely Alshon are out :( Would anyone start any of Hillman, Ware, or Artis-Payne over those guys in standard? I feel like CAP is the best option but I also have Cam and don't love the idea of starting both of them.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
The final in my 8-teamer is forcing me to ask questions I never imagined I would be asking.

Full PPR 6pt TDs

B. Roethlisberger @ Baltimore
B. Bortles @ New Orleans

A. Rodgers @ Arizona

I don't really think this is even a question. Just posting it so I can :shepicide: at benching my 1st round pick in the finals.

Julio Jones vs. Carolina
Allen Robinson @ New Orleans

Brandon Marshall vs. New England
Alshon Jeffery @ Tampa Bay

Thank you Alshon for taking away the one easy option. Jones did better in his first game against Carolina than Marshall did in his first game against New England, plus I don't think I can stomach benching my 1st AND 2nd rounder.

Devonta Freeman vs. Carolina
?????

Todd Gurley @ Seattle
Denard Robinson @ New Orleans

I just don't have the slightest idea. I hate having so much locked into so few games(if I start Denard then 7 of my 9 starters will be in 2 games), but that Seattle matchup is brutal. Gurley wasn't playing yet for their first matchup, so there is nothing to even base a guess on.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Please correct me if you see something wrong.

Rule 1: Don't Sit Your Studs

Todd Gurley = Stud Status

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Hahahaha, I'm hosed at RB, as usual. My choices are Hightower, Bell, Andrews, and Ware. Running Hightower and Bell right now, do you think that's the right call?

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

timp posted:

Please correct me if you see something wrong.

Rule 1: Don't Sit Your Studs

Todd Gurley = Stud Status

It wasn't really something I was considering until I saw this:

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Vargo posted:

Hahahaha, I'm hosed at RB, as usual. My choices are Hightower, Bell, Andrews, and Ware. Running Hightower and Bell right now, do you think that's the right call?

Get both buffalo rbs and play them with me. 2015 fantasy finals suicide pack.

Actually it's a good idea the Cowboys are bad

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
And here I was thinking starting J.White over L. Miller was a crazy move. Guess my situation could be lot worse!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Freezer posted:

And here I was thinking starting J.White over L. Miller was a crazy move. Guess my situation could be lot worse!

Fantasypros has the consensus being White as a top 10 RB this week in half PPR and top 7 in full PPR. Easy start over Miller.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So with Alshon looking real doubtful, i need to shake up my WR's.

Full PPR, lolbonus for 40+ yard reception

Decker vs. NE
Cooks vs. JAX
Michael Floyd vs. GB
Cobb @ ARI
John Brown vs. GB

Need 3 or i can start 2 and put a RB in the flex out of

Karlos Williams vs. DAL
Bilal Powell vs. NE

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
I don't know what to do about Brees. I have cousins on the bench but the problem is if I rely on brees and they list him inactive right before the afternoon games, my only options at qb are mccarron and osweiler.

Do I just play cousins and reduce the risk?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Piggles posted:

I don't know what to do about Brees. I have cousins on the bench but the problem is if I rely on brees and they list him inactive right before the afternoon games, my only options at qb are mccarron and osweiler.

Do I just play cousins and reduce the risk?

Some dude on reddit did a massive effortpost about fantasy qb points after this type of injury and it was not good. I'm not high on brees at all but cousins is playing well.

Would anyone bench carolina for pittsburgh D? I have julio so that complicates things, even though they both did well last time around.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I would just play Cousins for what it's worth. Brees is too risky for my tastes.

And personally I would stick with Carolinas defense. They've been really solid up to now. And hey if Julio gets shut down by them you get the consolation of more defense points.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, I've got Brees and Cousins in a league and just going with Cousins to be safe.

For another league, would anyone sit Aaron Rodgers @ Arizona for Cousins @ Philadelphia? I am having a really hard time benching Rodgers, but I think I would without hesitation if Cousins was at home.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Ugh, fantasy football stress is real. I can't decide on a lineup at all. Looks like i'll just get shitfaced and see what my lineup ends up being tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Is it possible at all to justify playing Steelers defense over the Broncos through logical means or do I just have to do it on the basis of being a huge homer that doesn't want to root against my team in their most important game of the season

• Locked thread