Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zombie Defiler posted:

If you decide to farm Shrads for their eyes to make Treasure Sensor XX augments, I suggest here.

You'll find 5 shrads in that small area, easily pew pew'd but just watch out for Yarhat the Thundercloud.
There is a spot where you can sit and re-enter your skell and just kill three shrads over and over with an AOE attack though.

I have killed so many wretched rollyballs and received so few shrad eyes, guh.

They have a 100% drop rate if you destroy the actual eye part. However, to do so, you need to destroy both arm parts and the eye, which probably requires not having a party and maybe even lowering your power a bit. On the plus side, if you fight the right shrads you can farm tempered blade modules at the same time, since those come from arm breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Infinity Gaia posted:

They have a 100% drop rate if you destroy the actual eye part. However, to do so, you need to destroy both arm parts and the eye, which probably requires not having a party and maybe even lowering your power a bit. On the plus side, if you fight the right shrads you can farm tempered blade modules at the same time, since those come from arm breaks.

appendage damage augments and skills can help make it easier.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saigyouji posted:

Both the collectable and the Shrads are found in the same place: Up around White Phosphor Lake in the northwest.

Fair warning; Don't take your Skell to White Phosphor Lake.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Honestly if I was gonna pare back the excess party members, Gwin would be top of the list. He only exists to hang off Irene's side like a lost puppy. Lao too, because all you see of him in most missions is "Hi guys, bye guys, have fun guys :wave:".

Doug too, come to think of it, because he's just so generically normal in a cast of more interesting characters.

Doug is cool and my friend

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

also do not allow your party members to have any aoe arts at white phosphor lake.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Zombie Defiler posted:

If you decide to farm Shrads for their eyes to make Treasure Sensor XX augments, I suggest here.

You'll find 5 shrads in that small area, easily pew pew'd but just watch out for Yarhat the Thundercloud.
There is a spot where you can sit and re-enter your skell and just kill three shrads over and over with an AOE attack though.

Another fair point: I don't have any strong murder-power AOEs yet, haven't even reached level 50. I was actually tooling around there for a while, but the Tyrant really made me reel.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I am not in the end game- finished chapter 9, and I've got the flight module. What's the fastest way I could grind up some money right now? Particularly in lovely lvl 30 skells?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

5er posted:

I am not in the end game- finished chapter 9, and I've got the flight module. What's the fastest way I could grind up some money right now? Particularly in lovely lvl 30 skells?
Optimize your research probes and do 20 hours of side quests.

There isn't really a useful money farm, you are either broke during story progression or have too much money you have no clue what to do with afterward.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
What's a good thing to buy with reward tickets? I'm almost maxed at 950 and am only through chapter 5, so any suggestions for future use is great.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Louisgod posted:

What's a good thing to buy with reward tickets? I'm almost maxed at 950 and am only through chapter 5, so any suggestions for future use is great.
Ares 90 Mats, with costs
Golden Yggralith Heart - 636
Silver Vita Core - 210
Crude Neilnail Mask - 210
Seidr Control Device - 138
Advanced Core - 138
Upgraded Lens - 58

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

The talk a page or two ago about it was confusing - am i safe to save in chapter 12 or not? Are people talking about being screwed if you get locked in then can't beat the battles?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Senerio posted:

Ares 90 Mats, with costs
Golden Yggralith Heart - 636
Silver Vita Core - 210
Crude Neilnail Mask - 210
Seidr Control Device - 138
Advanced Core - 138
Upgraded Lens - 58

I'd say to prioritize the Neilnail Masks since those are a gigantic pain in the rear end to get and you need them regardless of which level 60 mech you choose to drive in the end.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is Joker worth farming for any drops?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Butt Discussin posted:

The talk a page or two ago about it was confusing - am i safe to save in chapter 12 or not? Are people talking about being screwed if you get locked in then can't beat the battles?

It was said that you can't save during chapter 12

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why's that? I farmed Red Brandy there for a while without any issues.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is Joker worth farming for any drops?

All I ever got was Worn dogshit from Joker.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

get your blade level up, max level has you hold 9999 tickets. 950 is nothing.

Looper posted:

Doug is cool and my friend

You're missing Doug's appeal if you're not having Doug dress like Doug from Doug.

use the shorts and the green vest, they exist in this game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

get your blade level up, max level has you hold 9999 tickets. 950 is nothing.

Oh no poo poo? :downs: again, only on chapter 5 here.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll grab the masks and a couple other things.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So does the Rexoskell cry uncle and piss off at some percentage of its healthbar, or am I stuck getting my tension meter repeatedly hosed over while trying to sink this rear end in a top hat of a boss on-foot all the way?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So does the Rexoskell cry uncle and piss off at some percentage of its healthbar, or am I stuck getting my tension meter repeatedly hosed over while trying to sink this rear end in a top hat of a boss on-foot all the way?

Yes, you have to deplete all of its HP.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I swear, the one thing that will make me quit this game is the cacaphony of sound effects, anime-as-gently caress-voices and hip hop in each battle. It seems they never paid any attention to the sound design as a whole, or the volume mix for that matter.

I just wanna listen to the chill background music while exploring the planet. :(

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Butt Discussin posted:

You're saving before you start story missions just in case, right? But what happens is you start the mission, you get a cutscene, and you're told where to go. When you get there and you're ready to go in, you're asked if you're ready, because it's a point of no return. If you say yes, you're asked if you're really ready. If you say yes again, you're taken to the final boss fight, and your ability to save is disabled, on account of the whole "you can't leave" thing.

If you're concerned about being prepared, then you can trivialize the boss fight. You need to bring some Mechanoid Slayer augments for your Skells to go through the first two phases of things, and a Phoenix to take out a wave of of enemies. The real final boss does a thing that drains fuel, so have your ground gear up to snuff, and if you aren't augmenting your type damage (which I suggest doing, because "make sure my ranged and melee weapon are the same type" is way easier than managing a Skell's ten weapons to be the same type), then you'll want Chimera slayer on your ground weapons. I tried to keep it spoiler-light in there, but c'mon, it's final boss advice, there's only so light you can go.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saigyouji posted:

Yes, you have to deplete all of its HP.

Wound up brute-forcing the thing by just hiring some Level 60 Scouts. Got some sweet, sweet revenge when it ran out the door to where I could bring in my new Level 50 Skell though :unsmigghh:.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wound up brute-forcing the thing by just hiring some Level 60 Scouts. Got some sweet, sweet revenge when it ran out the door to where I could bring in my new Level 50 Skell though :unsmigghh:.

did you at least feel bad when it tried to guilt trip you?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Oh no poo poo? :downs: again, only on chapter 5 here.

Blade level isn't locked by chapters

do quests, max out classes, get blade level up.

I had it on level 9 on chapter 6.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, as someone who's just getting to the end of Chapter 3, just having met Tatsu, I would like to get some general advice from the more experienced Goons.

I've got a decent handle on the various systems in play, and I'm getting used to dealing with stuff like soul voice (ally says something, use matching colour Art), and just started getting used to the idea of switching weapons in combat to squeeze out a bit more damage from auto attacks.

I'm thinking of changing class to Enforcer, since it fits the concept I have for my character,but is that a good idea or terrible? Also, how far am I from getting a full combat party?

Is there any general advice that someone can give, like explore the gently caress out of NLA (I still need to explore a lot of it)?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ashsaber posted:

So, as someone who's just getting to the end of Chapter 3, just having met Tatsu, I would like to get some general advice from the more experienced Goons.

I've got a decent handle on the various systems in play, and I'm getting used to dealing with stuff like soul voice (ally says something, use matching colour Art), and just started getting used to the idea of switching weapons in combat to squeeze out a bit more damage from auto attacks.

I'm thinking of changing class to Enforcer, since it fits the concept I have for my character,but is that a good idea or terrible? Also, how far am I from getting a full combat party?

Is there any general advice that someone can give, like explore the gently caress out of NLA (I still need to explore a lot of it)?

enforcer is fine as long as you watch where you're aiming those aoe arts so you don't accidentally bite off more than you can chew. and you should be able to get a full party already, from what i remember. look for blue checkmarks on the map of the administrative district and you should be able to find gwin, irina, and doug to recruit them.

and yes, explore nla. if you see anyone with a yellow speech bubble, go up to them because they'll have important info for filling out your map.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

Blade level isn't locked by chapters

do quests, max out classes, get blade level up.

I had it on level 9 on chapter 6.

Thanks buddy, I will continue to keep doing the things. I'm at level 8 right now (lvl 4 mechanical, lvl 2 bio, lvl 2 anthro or whatever) and can still only store 950 tickets.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This game really highlights the biggest problem of the wiiu tablet, it's low resolution.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Darth TNT posted:

This game really highlights the biggest problem of the wiiu tablet, it's low resolution.

More like the biggest problem is the 4-5 hour battery life :negative:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Emalde posted:

More like the biggest problem is the 4-5 hour battery life :negative:

you shouldn't be playing video games that long in one sitting

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Looper posted:

you shouldn't be playing video games that long in one sitting

The game isn't telling me to take frequent breaks during play!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

enforcer is fine as long as you watch where you're aiming those aoe arts so you don't accidentally bite off more than you can chew. and you should be able to get a full party already, from what i remember. look for blue checkmarks on the map of the administrative district and you should be able to find gwin, irina, and doug to recruit them.

and yes, explore nla. if you see anyone with a yellow speech bubble, go up to them because they'll have important info for filling out your map.

Personally I would hold off on going enforcer until you've mastered a class line with one of the better melee weapons first (I use dual swords with it) and have a good stock of bp to max beam barrage asap. The knife has really poor damage and TP generation in my experience, and since it is more based on support skills you're relying on the often not terribly effective AI. Dual swords are also really good for TP generation which is needed because the raygun is a TP hog if you really want to get a lot out of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just spent a lot time throwing myself at this monster Alexa wanted me to test the Ramjet Rifle on. The thing that kept killing me was the buff it got when it's close to dying that damages anyone who hurts it, there are probably other monsters that can do this so what's the best way to deal with it?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Duelist route is the easiest to start out with, plus most end-game builds use longsword arts. It's balanced and pretty forgiving if you mix up your party or miss soul voices.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd say dual guns/dual swords is the easiest because you get Ghostwalk which honestly trivializes any non-flying fight in the game.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Does this game not have audio options or something? How do I turn this music down?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i went straight to enforcer and blast fencer. fight me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dr. Stab posted:

Does this game not have audio options or something? How do I turn this music down?

You can't, enjoy trying to listen to dialogue in cutscenes while nonsensical Engrish is sung over blaring choruses. It's really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zombie Defiler posted:

Don't even bother farming shrad eyes or demonic jewels. Buy them with tickets because they're so cheap. Farm hartmut tho, because decrepit wings only drop from him and they're 198 tickets...

• Locked thread