Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So do these things actually hover or are they mopeds without the handlebars?

E: The hoverboards all over the last page that is. One of these days I'll have a page-topper that is not The Worst. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

E: The hoverboards all over the last page that is. One of these days I'll have a page-topper that is not The Worst. :downs:
:psyduck:

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

AlphaKretin posted:

It sure is hard to look at the pictures and notice the two wheels they've got.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I mainly phone post/read and they could have been just in case. Figured it couldn't hurt to double check, seeing as they're called hoverboards and all.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
Sure you might get hit by a bus, but consider how nonchalantly you can commit crimes

https://amp.twimg.com/v/3f9b2567-d8f1-4fa3-b46d-2037a37bc624

I've watched this like 50 times, it's incredible

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

AlphaKretin posted:

holy poo poo

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Magnus Manfist posted:

Sure you might get hit by a bus, but consider how nonchalantly you can commit crimes

If you ban hoverboards, only criminals will have hoverboards.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuRIfwpYRg8

The look of betrayal at 3:14 is just amazing :allears:

The toddler telling a monkey on a car to "gently caress off" gets my vote for coolest kid of the year. And decade.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Magnus Manfist posted:

What a smooth criminal.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Magnus Manfist posted:

Ah hahahaa why were the security guards just nonchalantly strolling after him? It's not like those things move faster than walking pace anyway.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

thespaceinvader posted:

Ah hahahaa why were the security guards just nonchalantly strolling after him? It's not like those things move faster than walking pace anyway.

This is what happens if you are a security guard and chase someone on a hoverboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLATS1B4oY

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

whalestory posted:

Actually it would be really cool if everyone was zooming around on one while wearing google glass

If by zooming you mean barely moving at a lazy ambling pace then you are correct.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

thespaceinvader posted:

I think those are just other shoppers, not security.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Wait what? People just ride around on these at the store? This is not a future I want to be part of.

I work in a library. People ride those things around inside the drat library until we catch them and tell them that's not allowed.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
So this present lasted exactly 4 hours and 50 minutes. Merry Christmas...

Not my post.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

They realised they were outclassed in every possible way and just couldn't handle the situation

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Indolent Bastard posted:

So this present lasted exactly 4 hours and 50 minutes. Merry Christmas...

Not my post.

They don't hover over water, then?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Stoatbringer posted:

Not in slow speeds

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Inco posted:

I think those are just other shoppers, not security.

Yeah, I think you're right on a second viewing. The black jersey with white lettering across the middle fooled me. Should have known by the lack of hi-vis really.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

Not unless you have power.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Is the road slippery or is the car being pulled toward the Tornado by it?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The hoverboards also have a habit of bursting into flames http://www.wired.com/2015/12/why-hoverboards-keep-exploding/

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Cythereal posted:

I work in a library. People ride those things around inside the drat library until we catch them and tell them that's not allowed.
Push them and then deny it.

Maybe they'll just be like those wheelie shoes ten years ago, nobody wears those now, maybe because everyone who wore them has been killed in annoyance-related justifiable homicides.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

trickybiscuits posted:

Maybe they'll just be like those wheelie shoes ten years ago, nobody wears those now, maybe because everyone who wore them has been killed in annoyance-related justifiable homicides.

Kids have something better these days, anyway

It's the game you wear, and the shoe you play!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

A bit late, but how would you know that people mistook this for a drink? Maybe they really did want some floor cleaner.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

CommissarMega posted:

A bit late, but how would you know that people mistook this for a drink? Maybe they really did want some floor cleaner.
Probably they did. But the ease with which it could be mistaken for a drink is amusing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

its a joke you muppet

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

trickybiscuits posted:

I saw a kid wearing Heelys at the supermarket last week. I really did have to stop and take another look because I didn't think you could buy those anymore, but his looked brand new.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I saw a kid wearing Heelys at the supermarket last week. I really did have to stop and take another look because I didn't think you could buy those anymore, but his looked brand new.

Some horror events and haunted houses use them to let actors "float" across the ground.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I liked this part:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Millenial hoverrounds are fun to ride and a bit harder than skateboards.

Old people hating on them is funny, also dummies falling off them is funny.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Rally drivers' onboard cameras, a mix of :stonk:"OH GOD!":stonk: and :cool:"gently caress YEAH!":cool: moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXgcAECcpAg

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

AlphaKretin posted:

Someone basically looked at a Segway and said "hey, let's make it worse by removing the handles and gyroscope, then sell it to boneheads"

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Kids are gonna act how their parents raised them or allow them to act. No sympathy.

With the added bonus of recording him and putting him on the internet instead of having a discussion about not being a dick. :smith:

E:

HEY NONG MAN posted:

If my kid ever reacts that way after I've given him a gift I paid cash money for, I'll just shoot myself in the head because obviously I'm a huge loving failure.

Kid's gonna do it at least once, the question is how do you react as a parent.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Dec 27, 2015

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
The real pleasure is watching people fall over themselves in a rush to tell people how stupid people who use hoverboards/swagways/electric skateboards are.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Xenoletum posted:

The real pleasure is watching people fall over themselves using hoverboards/swagways/electric skateboards.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The most important part is they prove that The Skateboard Kid was in fact a documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Rally drivers' onboard cameras, a mix of :stonk:"OH GOD!":stonk: and :cool:"gently caress YEAH!":cool: moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXgcAECcpAg

Skip to 4:25 to WITNESS!