Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I started up SMT4 and lemme tell you: It seems good as hell.

enjoy the future world of cyberhell :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I just got Devil Survivor Overclocked. Can't wait to start my second SMT game.

Dec 26, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

thats a good one too

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bolverkur posted:

It's tough to top the SMT series.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Comfy RPG bedgaming...does it get any better than this?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Comfy RPG bedgaming...does it get any better than this?

ya.. comfy rpg bedgaming and a big rear end beer lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Finishing Ace Attorney 1. Haven't played it since 2006 so I forgot a lot of it which is good.

I've binged through the whole series this year and I'm now on Investigations. you have some good poo poo ahead of u

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Dongicus posted:

I've binged through the whole series this year and I'm now on Investigations. you have some good poo poo ahead of u

same mostly, though i skipped 2. i still need to play investigations 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Postgame DQ Heroes. There's a surprising lack of information for the postgame considering some of these missions are really loving hard. Still gonna try to plat this thing regardless.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

hell yeah for the big beer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat Ys I so I'm going to either start Ys II or learn how to fly in Xenoblade Chronicles X. Can't decide...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys II is my least favorite Ys, but I haven't played 5. For whatever it's worth

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Ys II is my least favorite Ys, but I haven't played 5. For whatever it's worth

Well it has some crazy stiff competition! I didn't like any of the bosses in ys I except the last 2 but Darm Tower was a great dungeon. That I more or less memorized because I died to the super fast knights on floor 20 multiple times without saving

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm grinding in Sunless Sea on my laptop and in Dragon Quest V on my 3DS... at the same time.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

omfg... a metal slime just got up and looked over as if it wants to join the party

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Demon's Souls right now. It's good but there are some things I don't like about it, like the MP system and focus on resource management.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Demon's Souls right now. It's good but there are some things I don't like about it, like the MP system and focus on resource management.

I had a cool PVP moment in Demon's Souls but Dark is objectively better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

omfg... a metal slime just got up and looked over as if it wants to join the party

Hot drat ...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

I had a cool PVP moment in Demon's Souls but Dark is objectively better.
It's fun to run around shooting everything with magic but I can't even imagine how tedious melee must be.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's fun to run around shooting everything with magic but I can't even imagine how tedious melee must be.

melee rules in it, you can be a knight in sick armor killing dudes. I find relying heavily on magic too boring to play. but the encumbrance thing sucks really hard and is a huge pain in the rear end

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Imagine the combat of dark souls with the resource farming of bloodborne

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Usually I would of rolled my eyes at that probably but I've talked to people who act like that, usually only online but sometimes otherwise, and I imagined that in a future on are current trajectory those kinds of people would probably end up being teenage engineering prodigies for Mechs, so hell, I gotta give them credit. Nintendo knocks it out of the park once again.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

I haven't played Bloodborne yet.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i wanna play bloodborne since have it from preordering but right after it came out they released sins of the first scholar on ps4 and whoops i played another 200 hours of dark souls 2 instead

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

also i apologize for this but i like dark souls 2 more than dark souls 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

Erm you never really have to farm anything in demons since you're drowning in grasses after like 2 bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Magic is super unbalanced in that game, there's a reason they got rid of MP in other games. Melee is way more fun and I would say give it a shot and mess around with different weapons

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

belated hell yeah

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bolverkur posted:

I'm grinding in Sunless Sea on my laptop and in Dragon Quest V on my 3DS... at the same time.

how is Sunless Sea? the setting/gameplay look interesting, but for some reason I'm skeptical of it all as a whole

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

how is Sunless Sea? the setting/gameplay look interesting, but for some reason I'm skeptical of it all as a whole

I was too, for the longest while. Waited until it went under :10bux: and that is a very good price for it, but I think it's worth the full price. I've just scratched the surface but I really like the weird world and tense situations you can get in. The stories also seem to be original and are so far very interesting. If you're up for reading lots of text, I'd give it a go. Just refund it if it's not your thing.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bolverkur posted:

I was too, for the longest while. Waited until it went under :10bux: and that is a very good price for it, but I think it's worth the full price. I've just scratched the surface but I really like the weird world and tense situations you can get in. The stories also seem to be original and are so far very interesting. If you're up for reading lots of text, I'd give it a go. Just refund it if it's not your thing.

Yeah, as far as I can tell it seems to do the whole Lovecraft thing pretty well, especially when so many games gently caress that up tremendously. Thanks for the rec buddy :respek:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Legacy of the Void Update:

The new multiplayer modes are innovative and really fun.

The campaign was too much for me on Brutal, so I switched but now it's too easy for me on Hard.

10/10 would recommend.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Xenonauts

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

Xenonauts

It's good. I just wish the engine wasn't so fail and hard to mod, because I wish it had human psychics like XCOM. Everything else is sw33t though.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Think I'll play Nuclear Throne tonight until I get tired of dying stupidly over and over and then either go to bed or mess around in Dwarf Fortress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played some Isaac and then I'll probably play Yakuza 2 and Bloodborne.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm actually not sure yet, i just wrapped up a platinum trophy last night and i'm still kind of recovering.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'm actually not sure yet, i just wrapped up a platinum trophy last night and i'm still kind of recovering.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
playing the game ungeons of dredmor where you make numbers go up to hit bigger numbers because this laptop cant run jack poo poo